What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Thank you all!!

Reactions: maglil55

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 I am sitting at your feet learning how to be a gramma! Hoping that #1+dil will have better luck this next try... We also have this type of garbage disposal. I remember when we got our first one, 1982 it was! They were the best thing since sliced bread - you didn’t have to get up before dawn to get the bags out (can’t leave out, even in the city the raccoons would get them...)
@Charis1213 your menu looked delicious!
Thank you .

Reactions: zauberflote

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs good highlights in your day! I’ve never had a keyboard issue with either of my 2 Samsung Chromebooks - what happened to yours? I’m happy that swimming is going well. It’s such great exercise.
GREAT to see you @AngiH !! I found a chicken chili recipe I want to make, and you’ve just put it on my “very soon” list. Congrats on the fast My food is also uninspiring unless someone does as much rushed meal prep and on-the-fly eating as I do.
Thank you. I would have had it again today but have to keep the household happy..... I saw the chicken one today, so I think I'll try that too.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, one spring like day and I be like Alexa play some upbeat tuneage at once. Useful day - red roses and card for valentines day acquired - very original me - and no garage involved. Hemp flour bread tasted - nothing can hide almond flour taste (red setter saw off the swoon sisters flaxseed rolls); lacto fermented mini cucumbers in dill and garlic tested and were on point. Mousse of sugar free jelly and cream made - tasted what was left on the sides of bowl - that works.
Tea and a latte until 15.20hrs then taster of hemp flour bread, lacto fermented veg trial,tongue and cheddar; 18.40 chicken thigh, mushroom, celeriac pellets curry.
Apart from above, the big highlight so far is arrival of my own voice control SkyQ remote. Football could even top that but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hope y'all found pleasure in both expected and unexpected places, people, sights sounds and tastes today. If not, there is always tomorrow.
Very likely to go feral and have small portion of proper Panettone bread and butter pudding with cream - still on tour and finishing Christmas in very small portions.

Last edited:

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening you lovely lot, another OMAD for me.
Only had tea and water then for dinner I had a lovely Aberdeen Angus steak burger from Lidl. Only 2g carbs. Served with grated cheese, cucumber, shredded lettuce and 2 fried eggs. It was very tasty...hubby had the same along with a bread roll and spuds, lucky devil! Need another 500 cals so jelly and cream now, and a few nuts.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all very busy today with mum and also journey back but home safe - due to go back up for hospital stuff with her a week on Sunday.
Brunch with mum after drs bacon, egg and mushrooms
Dinner 2 lamb loin chops on bed of cauliflower rice and much needed glass of red wine followed by lc lemon cake ( did two - left one with mum) warmed with yoghurt and slodge of cream.
Hope everyone has good evening - early night is on agenda for me!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian, you might like today's offering then

Lunch yesterday: Marinated chicken wings in peri peri sauce.
Dinner yesterday: Corned beef hash, which we have not had for years and years and years.
Breakfast today will be the usual mushroom and cheese omelette etc.
Oh yes, I like that (apart from peri peri sauce)

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone
Horrible inexplicable high bgs all day. Finally, exasperated after post lunch reading of 6.6 I retested from same drop of blood on my new Contour next meter and got 5.8 which is the sort of figure I’d expect. That’s it for the SD Codefree, strips may be cheaper but I’m fed up with it so will look for a different one. Cant afford strips for Countour sadly (£20:99 for a pot of 50) so will prob go for the Tee2 which I know a few on here have.
Breakfast was a boiled egg and flaxseed roll with butter and marmite
Lunch was late so wont have dinner now, Pastrami, salad greenery, avocado, walnuts and mayo. Then the mocha chia pud.

@shelley262 glad you’re back safely and amazingly still very much in control of your food in spite of all the stresses.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone
Horrible inexplicable high bgs all day. Finally, exasperated after post lunch reading of 6.6 I retested from same drop of blood on my new Contour next meter and got 5.8 which is the sort of figure I’d expect. That’s it for the SD Codefree, strips may be cheaper but I’m fed up with it so will look for a different one. Cant afford strips for Countour sadly (£20:99 for a pot of 50) so will prob go for the Tee2 which I know a few on here have.
Breakfast was a boiled egg and flaxseed roll with butter and marmite
Lunch was late so wont have dinner now, Pastrami, salad greenery, avocado, walnuts and mayo. Then the mocha chia pud.

@shelley262 glad you’re back safely and amazingly still very much in control of your food in spite of all the stresses.
Hi @DJC3 hugs for your bgs I’m certain you are sensible to ditch the code free it’s not doing your mental health any favours! I’ve moved to tee2 and really like it very consistent and similar figures to caresens I used and also liked but the strips are pricer so worth doing tee2.
Re my control - after 18 months I’m just in the habit and don’t have that emotional reaction to needing to comfort with food although lots of coffee was drunk today I do tend to comfort drink hot drinks but as they don’t impact my bgs I’m fine with that.
I was shocked on train to notice just how many people seem to almost use eating as an activity and wonder if I used to use it in times of boredom. Feat of the journey was observing one person eat a packet of 6 choc doughnuts ! Feel bad saying it as it’s clearly an addiction and one I flirted with but I’m glad I’m not in its grip now. The fewer carb you eat the easier it seems to stay in control. Food is really all around us..........
Get on the phone to spirit healthcare and ask if they’ll send you a free meter if you order strips good luck

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Hope you had a great birthday @zauberflote

Breakfast - usual peanut & chocolate protein bar with a cup of tea
Mid morning - coffee
Lunch - A chicken and 2 chunks of cheese. Yes that’s right - a whole Chicken. I was absolutely starving for some reason, stood at the hot counter eyeing up various flavours of chicken legs and ribs and just thought a whole chicken will probably work out cheaper. Didn’t actually expect to eat the whole thing but it seems once I’d started I just couldn’t stop :angelic:
Unsurprisingly - no dinner. Not even the tiniest bit hungry :rolleyes:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Another prolific day on this thread.

@zauberflote belated happy birthday

@Brunneria and @Chook laughing out loud at the cheese and chocolate comments. My Henry 8th moment came with a newly discovered brand of 91% chocolate today. Too delicious for its own good. Hope you’re feeling better @Chook

@Tipetoo your menu today sounds good

@ianpspurs (love the honey comment @zauberflote ) any children’s clothes I may or may not fit into definitely won’t be coming from the girls department - too many ridiculous shades of pink :D

A three meal day for me - stomach growling very early on so ate brekkie of M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos.

Lunch was 3 rashers bacon and 2 fried eggs and then said chocolate.

Dinner was pan fried Dover Sole with @DJC3 s delicious lemon butter sauce followed by almond butter mixed with extra thick Jersey cream.

Attachments

• 8F092233-391D-420B-A4F7-6EDF81BDDA47.jpeg
    8F092233-391D-420B-A4F7-6EDF81BDDA47.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 115

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

I’ll post tomorrow’s food now as I can predict most of it!
Breakfast: none, yes that’s right no coconut porridge for me tomorrow as I’ll be fasting for surgery :(
Lunch and dinner if I’m awake, will be either totally unsuitable hospital food :rolleyes: or LC snacks I’m taking in with me!

Fievel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Let' see...
Breakfast: 2 slices of bread with philadelphia cheese
Lunch: 3 slices of bread with philadelphia cheese and a mars bar
Dinner: fish balls, potatoes, white sauce, vegetables
Evening: one cup of tea, 2 glasses of juice.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Let' see...
Breakfast: 2 slices of bread with philadelphia cheese
Lunch: 3 slices of bread with philadelphia cheese and a mars bar
Dinner: fish balls, potatoes, white sauce, vegetables
Evening: one cup of tea, 2 glasses of juice.

You do realise this thread is in the ‘Low Carb’ forum?! ;)

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll post tomorrow’s food now as I can predict most of it!
Breakfast: none, yes that’s right no coconut porridge for me tomorrow as I’ll be fasting for surgery :(
Lunch and dinner if I’m awake, will be either totally unsuitable hospital food :rolleyes: or LC snacks I’m taking in with me!

Good luck tomorrow @Rachox