What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kingmidas on the baking front, I have just discovered a new way to eat the cream cheese topped chocolate brownie squares.

Remembering that I had some in the freezer, I popped one in the microwave for 20 seconds. The brownie bit went all warm and gooey and the top stayed cool and crunchy. That could easily become addictive.

Recipe here: https://www.copymethat.com/r/NyixUDA/cream-cheese-brownies/

Chuckling at your CMT user name. :) Although mine is my nickname, so not altogether easy to track down.

I don't use it to its full potential at the moment, in that the only person I share my receipes with is my OH, and he shares his. Keeping them separated just maes some things easier to find on a search.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs what a great post! Tell more about these mini cukes Enquiring minds....
@shelley262 I hope you and mum can keep spirits up until next week. Having stuff hanging over your head like that can color everything non-rosy.
@DJC3 how awful that the meter is that far off!!!! Could it be the batteries need replaced?

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chuckling at your CMT user name. :) Although mine is my nickname, so not altogether easy to track down.

I don't use it to its full potential at the moment, in that the only person I share my receipes with is my OH, and he shares his. Keeping them separated just maes some things easier to find on a search.

It’s only recently that I figured out how to use it, let alone join in any community:)

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Thank you @Emma_369 ! And... a good chicken is like candy...
thank you @Goonergal ! boy am I with you on the pink. I have always hated pink. And if I ever get finished catching up, I will be one-upping you on the almond butter
@Rachox I know I’m supposed to remember you surgery but I don’t. May all go smoothly and superbly, and may your lc snax be the envy of all on your floor! Hospital food is nasty. Their idea of “vegetarian” is jello. Made with pig trotters or the like I believe.
Thank you @BibaBee ! I feel like I’m getting an awful lot of undeserved attention! That was sweet, to make Mr B chocolates!
@DJC3 I am the original “eat my way to my destination” girl. When I drive out of town, I need the motions of eating to keep me awake... after a disastrous vacation experience with a whole bag of dried mixed fruit in a single day, I have stuck with crudités. A bite of celery can keep me occupied for 30 miles if it’s stringy enough
@tipeto I was a devotee of Twiggy...

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So.
Bfast 1/2 avocado, egg, decaf/soy/cream
Grocery shopping
Lunch celery, leftover chicken salad and raided the chicken pieces too. Evidently chicken was in the stars @Emma_369 !
Supper bulletproof almond butter, no coconut oil.
Ballet class, exhilerating! The fat powered me through, not hungry at all during class.
Later, snack. Bulletproofed some 0% fat siggi’s skyr. Not bad!

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Traveling today.
Train to London, brunch; sausage, bacon, black pudding, fried egg.
Soho, The Ship, mid afternoon; a cracking black pudding scotch egg, home made pork scratchings, Merlot.
Pre theatre just off Carnaby Street; chicken marinaded in buttermilk, water.
Theatre; Bottle of Bollinger, water, some iberico ham.
Post theater, back at the hotel; some pork scratchings that I wrapped in a napkin and a laaaaaaaaarge glass of merlot.
Tea.
Bed.

Oh what a brilliant day! Theatre and a bottle of Bolly is my idea of heaven.

Kingmidas

@Kingmidas on the baking front, I have just discovered a new way to eat the cream cheese topped chocolate brownie squares.

Remembering that I had some in the freezer, I popped one in the microwave for 20 seconds. The brownie bit went all warm and gooey and the top stayed cool and crunchy. That could easily become addictive.

Recipe here: https://www.copymethat.com/r/NyixUDA/cream-cheese-brownies/
My issue is that while I am busy baking things for me to make sure I don't get tempted by cakes/cereal/anything of a refined white carb nature, my husband keeps eating them! 'Ooh, I like granola'

No! You stick to your weetabix

I'm safe with chocolate though, as he's not a fan

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ah I didn’t realise you could choose to share with just one other person. I often swap recipes with eldest daughter. Do you have to pay for the sharing facility?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 how awful that the meter is that far off!!!! Could it be the batteries need replaced?

I don’t think it’s the battery, that’s quite new. I think its just a bit rubbish! Quite a few people on the forum had trouble with dodgy strips for this meter a few months ago, I stuck with it as the strips are cheap in comparison to many, but it’s false economy if they are so unreliable. A change is due.

I admire you taking up ballet lessons, exercise is so much better if its something fun.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah I didn’t realise you could choose to share with just one other person. I often swap recipes with eldest daughter. Do you have to pay for the sharing facility?
Not at all.

Just go to Community, then people ( https://www.copymethat.com/sharing/people/ ), then look up whom you want to look at (you need to know their name), a list appears, then you have the option to Follow.

You will then see any recipes they share. From memory, you chan beselctive about what you share, so can keep secret family potions secret. ;)

I'm surprised a few on here haven't created a little recipe circle - especially as each recipe can be marked as having been made, which helps sometimes. :)

There are options to make a "Recipe Book", but I think that is a Premium service. I've not needed to ecplore it so far.

I love it. It has really made my life easier with recipes from everywhere all gathered up. I used to have a decent BBC recipe account, but that's gone by the wayside in favour of CMT now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not at all.

Just go to Community, then people ( https://www.copymethat.com/sharing/people/ ), then look up whom you want to look at (you need to know their name), a list appears, then you have the option to Follow.

You will then see any recipes they share. From memory, you chan beselctive about what you share, so can keep secret family potions secret. ;)

I'm surprised a few on here haven't created a little recipe circle - especially as each recipe can be marked as having been made, which helps sometimes. :)

There are options to make a "Recipe Book", but I think that is a Premium service. I've not needed to ecplore it so far.

I love it. It has really made my life easier with recipes from everywhere all gathered up. I used to have a decent BBC recipe account, but that's gone by the wayside in favour of CMT now.

Brilliant thank you. I live the app but I hadn’t even bothered to give myself a user name, nor has daughter so I’ll nag her into doing it - will save her frequent calls/ texts ‘have you got a recipe for......?’

Edit to add
Anyone else on here fancy sharing?
My user name is the same as on the forum.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems like 2 days running I have found little rays of sunshine. Yesterday @Tipetoo gave me hope that this WOE could be battered into a shape I could recognise. I missed #chickengate from @Emma_369 but those hot counter ones ain't any bigger than a pigeon so if that is allowable I may have found lunch some days. Definitely like your style young Emma.
@zauberflote thanks for the mensh and kind words - the day got even better with the football. The mini cukes were part of our first go at lacto fermentation as both freezers were crammed and boiling for "canning"/bottling is a pain in the situpon. Now we know it works will try other veggies - I can't actually remember what was in the other 2 experiments. I like vinegar but Julie doesn't so this was a compromise as a way forward.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Emma_369 but those hot counter ones ain't any bigger than a pigeon so if that is allowable I may have found lunch some days. Definitely like your style young Emma.
Very true - like most things now we seem to be paying more for less. Where do the big chickens my mom used to have on a Sunday roast seem to hide nowadays? Even when I buy fresh to cook myself they seem to be shrinking

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very true - like most things now we seem to be paying more for less. Where do the big chickens my mom used to have on a Sunday roast seem to hide nowadays? Even when I buy fresh to cook myself they seem to be shrinking
They are in my garden eating everything in sight and laying 95 gms eggs. 2 black ones look like something from a Stephen King novel evil eyes that I swear swivel

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are in my garden eating everything in sight and laying 95 gms eggs. 2 black ones look something from a Stephen King novel
I can’t lie - your garden would scare the hell out of me. I have a genuine phobia of live chickens - it’s the way their heads bob as they walk. And when they run at you ......:arghh: I have to take a detour when we visit farms etc - going to see the chickens has become a daddy/daughter only activity

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can’t lie - your garden would scare the hell out of me. I have a genuine phobia of live chickens - it’s the way their heads bob as they walk. And when they run at you ......:arghh: I have to take a detour when we visit farms etc - going to see the chickens has become a daddy/daughter only activity
What about random ducks from 2 places along, muntjac and marauding badgers?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I used to keep purebreed chickens, at one point I had 250 of them - and some ducks, turkeys, geese, quail and ornamental pheasants - and I hate fluttery birds, wild urban pigeons are my worse nightmare.

I don't miss the ducks or the quail but I really enjoyed keeping the others.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Another boring eating day:

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch: chunk of gorgonzola

Dinner: two largish trout fillets, mangetout, squeeze of lemon, drizzle of butter

Dessert: blackberries and Turkish yoghurt

Usual drinks

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to keep purebreed chickens, at one point I had 250 of them - and some ducks, turkeys, geese, quail and ornamental pheasants - and I hate fluttery birds, wild urban pigeons are my worse nightmare.

I don't miss the ducks or the quail but I really enjoyed keeping the others.
250 chickens? The thought of that many in one place is a little traumatising :bag: