1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. BibaBee

BibaBee Family member · Well-Known Member

Was it celeriac remoulade? One of my favourite salad dishes, even pre LC days. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. BibaBee

Keeping everything crossed for you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if adding some chocolate flavouring will make it taste like Frys Turkish Delight?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@BibaBee Yes, it's a remoulade. I haven't had it for years but I saw him making this on the TV recently and thought his smoked mackerel version sounded yummy.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Or grated choc on the top....

• Like Like x 4
  6. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I thought about that too. I'm doing it with the rosewater then will try adding a little chocolate essence to a portion and grated chocolate to another to see what works best.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Does sound delicious. Never liked celariac until tried it as remoulade from french supermairkets. Still not really keen on the flavour, but its ok mashed in with potato or swede as a shepherds pie topping. However rosted celariac, gets a no from both myself and husband. Once we are settled am going to try it in Rostii.

• Like Like x 4
  8. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@maglil55 it’s a good thing your dd and sil didn’t camp in the Smoky Mountains! My parents’ first anniversary cake was eaten by a black bear and they got a pic of it!
    I’ll try to catch up later, but meanwhile maybe in the midst of everything I can make some chicken soup or creamy chicken soup for Mom tonight. She asked for New England clam chowder, which I’ve realized is LC all by itself if you substitute celeriac for potato, but I don’t keep clams on hand and am out of plain celeriac. The ultimate goal would be to also make some lc cheese biscuits (American raised style, not the sweet cookie item) to go with.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Evening all. As an old fen fruit grower said to me while I was walking the dogs, not bad for winter.
    Food today: Evening meal only: 8 chipolatas,2 eggs, at least 8 slices streaky bacon, 2 slices livlife bread and butter - without the 2 pints of tea I would still be eating.
    Today's highlights: swimming lesson went well; 8 eggs from chickens; new chromebook all up and running with all keys firmly in place; facetime of granddaughter crawling; Hope y'all found some highlights.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    #23589 ianpspurs, Feb 12, 2019 at 6:30 PM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  10. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Evening all.
    Keeping fingers crossed for you @slimlizzie it’s such a stressful time even when things go smoothly.
    @Chook and @BibaBee I love celeriac remoulade too but it’s such a hassle to prepare without a food processor to grate it. I’ve used a BBB.com recipe but the mackerel one sounds good.

Tried for omad today as bgs up after yesterday’s large amount of food ( albeit low carb) Failed by 10:30 am- very hungry so had smoked salmon and scrambled egg.

Dinner was the last of the chicken casserole with cavalo nero followed by Greek yogurt then a few Callebaut buttons.

@shelley262 hope you’ve arrived safely in Yorks.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  11. AngiH

AngiH Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    Haven't posted for a while as my food is very uninspiring!
    But today I fasted til 5pm from 8pm last night.
    And I've just had a delicious bowl of keto chilli. No rice, no kidney beans, just some cucumber and cherry toms and grated cheese. It was lovely and the first thing I've really enjoyed. I'm going to make a big batch for the freezer just going to have my normal dessert of jelly and cream....I really must find other desserts to try.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  12. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@ianpspurs good highlights in your day! I’ve never had a keyboard issue with either of my 2 Samsung Chromebooks - what happened to yours? I’m happy that swimming is going well. It’s such great exercise.
    GREAT to see you @AngiH !! I found a chicken chili recipe I want to make, and you’ve just put it on my “very soon” list. Congrats on the fast My food is also uninspiring unless someone does as much rushed meal prep and on-the-fly eating as I do.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Lunch in my favourite local cafe where you can just say what bits you want and they cook it for you; 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of black,pudding, a pot of english breakfast tea, view of the sea thrown in. If you have a dog, they get a nice cut up saussage on the house.
    Dinner; 3 100% pork sausages and a small burger from the butcher, 2 eggs.
    Off to the big smoke tomorrow for a charity comedy show at the Paladium in support of Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals Charity. Clive Anderson is hosting. Should be fun. Bet I eat fancy rubbish.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch: gammon with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
    Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
    Dinner: Diet Doctor cauliflower cheese with a small portion of peas and sweet corn followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Evening all.

@shelley262 hope you got to Yorkshire ok

@ianpspurs sounds like you had a good day and that’s my kind of dinner

@dunelm sounds like a great celebration

Hungry day today. Lunch was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a bag of their pork crackling.

Dinner was at Five Guys. Bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and a few pieces of onion/1 slice of tomato. Closely followed up by a 25g bar of Sainsbury’s 85% chocolate. Bought while out walking and very pleased with myself as for the first time ever only ate 1 of the 5 small bars. The remaining 4 are now safely in the freezer.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  16. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all just a very quick log in after a complex day. Also had to run across brum as my local train got stuck behind a broken down train so nearly missed my booked long distance train but managed it thankfully.
    Mum concerned about a lump that she hadn’t told me about so lots of support required! I’m sure it will be fine but need to sort it out. Drs appt in the morning before I come home later but suspect may be back up for a biopsy within a few weeks.
    No breakfast as very very early train
    Brunch out with mum bacon and egg in a Wetherspoons
    Dinner steak, mushroom sauce and salad followed by lc lemon cake I took with me warmed served with cream
    Hope all well with everyone -will catch up when back hopefully late tomorrow

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    #23596 shelley262, Feb 12, 2019 at 8:56 PM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  17. BibaBee

Absolutely agree, which is why I made a bumper amount in my food processor this evening and grated enough to try a celeriac rosti. Thanks to @Chook and @SlimLizzy for the culinary inspiration. :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Emma_369

Emma_369 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Evening all.
    B: protein peanut & chocolate bar with tea
    3 coffees throughout the day
    D: very late - just finished eating but did cook despite the time. Prawns with oven roasted onions, peppers, courgettes and cherry tomatoes with some Nando’s hot sauce. And a hotel chocolat cherry sour for after

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  19. BibaBee

Evening everyone. Very late posting tonight. It seemed to take me forever to clear up after dinner tonight, then there was lunches, chia pudding and a batch of smoky spicy nuts to be made! I'm exhausted!

Breakfast: Mocha chia pudding. Coffee and cream.
    Mid morning: Almond milk cappuccino.
    Lunch: Green soup (everything green in the fridge - celery, leek, asparagus, spinach, stock and cream) with cheesy skillet bread.
    Afternoon: Another almond milk cappuccino.
    Dinner: Pan fried salmon with roast cherry tomatoes, asparagus, celeriac rosti (a success!) and homemade hollandaise. SF jelly and cream. Decaf coffee and cream.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  20. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

That rosti looks delicious, but as am not a huge fan of celariac, have been hunting for my three veg rosti recipe. So far it has eluded me:(. However packing up the house have already discovered a few "lost" or forgotten items. including my christmas treat a packet of salted caramel florentines. Only six in the packet. 15g carb in each! but had some given as a present in 2017, loved them. Hope they live up to expectations.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook