What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not yet eaten, but bought.
IMG_2665.jpg

I also tried Thai pink egg. That may be a been there, done that. Once was enough moment.

It's good to try new things.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
I don’t think it’s the battery, that’s quite new. I think its just a bit rubbish! Quite a few people on the forum had trouble with dodgy strips for this meter a few months ago, I stuck with it as the strips are cheap in comparison to many, but it’s false economy if they are so unreliable. A change is due. .
I saw the strip price you mentioned for the ones only Croesus could afford -my word! I use a storebrand one, 100 strips for $23. I think if I’d gone with the script my dr wrote, I could be paying nothing, but Medicare might object to the number of strips I’m currently using. Hope to cut back after tomorrow’s labs come back! My equipment is made by Agamatrix, which sounded fairly official to me! All I really care about is apples-to-apples consistency, which I appear to be getting. If it’s consistently 15% off, so be it

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had raspberry and rose chia pudding this morning. No chocolate though, so not Fry's flavour! The key is use a small amount of rose water. I used half a teaspoon for a batch of 4 puddings. It was delicious, not soapy and no unpleasant smell.
I used a teaspoon to a 400mls tin of coconut milk so there may lie the problem. I was toying with the idea of actually making Turkish delight with a sugar substitute then chopping it up but to be honest if I made Turkish delight I wouldn't want to chop it up! I'd chocolate dip it instead.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, one spring like day and I be like Alexa play some upbeat tuneage at once. Useful day - red roses and card for valentines day acquired - very original me - and no garage involved. Hemp flour bread tasted - nothing can hide almond flour taste (red setter saw off the swoon sisters flaxseed rolls); lacto fermented mini cucumbers in dill and garlic tested and were on point. Mousse of sugar free jelly and cream made - tasted what was left on the sides of bowl - that works.
Tea and a latte until 15.20hrs then taster of hemp flour bread, lacto fermented veg trial,tongue and cheddar; 18.40 chicken thigh, mushroom, celeriac pellets curry.
Apart from above, the big highlight so far is arrival of my own voice control SkyQ remote. Football could even top that but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Hope y'all found pleasure in both expected and unexpected places, people, sights sounds and tastes today. If not, there is always tomorrow.
Very likely to go feral and have small portion of proper Panettone bread and butter pudding with cream - still on tour and finishing Christmas in very small portions.
The Sky Q voice control can be quite amusing when little people take possession. The 5 year old didn't understand at first just say the programme and speak clearly instead of "can you please find the Power Puff Girls". Get some weird things with Hubby's accent too and what do I do? Get him a Roxi at Christmas time which is also voice controlled. At least he has a few playlists now and I don't have to suffer "all out brexit" all day long.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ianpspurs I realized that I could use my IP for canning, but have never been a fan of even trying. Frozen is so much better. In 2007 we sold the house we’d brought the kids up in, and the buyer wanted the huge chest freezer. I hated to let her have it but there it was. So, I may have to get a jump on Mother’s Day and buy me a smaller one. I have missed it so much! Our current rental house has a very functional but bottom-of-the-line frig, and the freezer is Fibber McGee’s closet, only you have to kneel on the floor to access it. Whoever invented the bottom freezer ought to be made to walk on his knees 10 miles a day!
Edit twice to fix broken quote mechanism

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 and @SlimLizzy thanks for recommendations re tee2. I will definitely be ringing spirit health tomorrow

Shelley262 I agree about the mindless eating all around us. Mind you a year ago I might have been one of those people. I would never have eaten a whole box of donuts but if I was on a long train journey I would have taken ‘healthy’ snacks like dried apricots or a cereal bar with me. I wouldn’t have taken nuts as I would have considered them too fattening!
Thankfully doughnuts are one of these things I have never liked.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant thank you. I live the app but I hadn’t even bothered to give myself a user name, nor has daughter so I’ll nag her into doing it - will save her frequent calls/ texts ‘have you got a recipe for......?’

Edit to add
Anyone else on here fancy sharing?
My user name is the same as on the forum.
As is mine - hope it's you I've just found and followed.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox hope the surgery went well and you are heading home again. @Chook hope you are feeling better now. @@zauberflote a very belated birthday wish and @DJC3 hope your BGs are stabilising - mine certainly are not. I suspect I'm fighting something off but don't feel unwell but legs are bad and sweats are back. Sure signs of brewing lurgy!
Wednesday - Bed 7.4 FBG 7.7 but it hit a delightful 9.7 before struggling to come down. Best I got was 6.1 and any exertions sent it up again.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Couple of bits of Dr Almond ciabatta with pate pate.
L. PHD raspberry bar.
D. Battered out a chicken breast and dressed with the sesame crumb. Had it with veggie chips, Nando's perinaise and sugar free ketchup. One of these keep it simple/cant be bothered days.
Spent most of the afternoon on the kitchen tackling the thankless task of cleaning a range cooker. Did at least try out "Elbow Grease" which, although it looks like something discarded from a nuclear plant, cuts through grease rather well without the need for a hazmat suit.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eek, nor me! I remember when my daughter was little and Krispy Kreme first started to emerge in the UK and I was just not interested! I'm not really a cake person at all - chocolate was always my thing
Agreed. Krispy Kreme turns my stomach.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Eek, nor me! I remember when my daughter was little and Krispy Kreme first started to emerge in the UK and I was just not interested! I'm not really a cake person at all - chocolate was always my thing

Oh Krispy Kreme, being a hometown thing here, was one of my secret “bingeages” (courtesy @ianpspurs ‘ usage ) A dozen is only a dollar more than a half dozen...I’d even come up with people I could plausibly have given the missing ones (that I’d eaten). I am still, at only 5 months, terrified of them hot. Plain original, hot, is heaven. Cold not so much.

Kingmidas

Oh Krispy Kreme, being a hometown thing here, was one of my secret “bingeages” (courtesy @ianpspurs ‘ usage ) A dozen is only a dollar more than a half dozen...I’d even come up with people I could plausibly have given the missing ones (that I’d eaten). I am still, at only 5 months, terrified of them hot. Plain original, hot, is heaven. Cold not so much.
The only doughnuts I've ever liked are freshly cooked ones still warm, and drenched in cinnamon sugar - but I wouldn't eat one now

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The only doughnuts I've ever liked are freshly cooked ones still warm, and drenched in cinnamon sugar - but I wouldn't eat one now
It’s almost as impossible to read this post without licking your lips, as it is to eat said sugary doughnut without licking lips - I didn’t realise how much I missed doughnuts until today!

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Krispy Kreme by the dozen - I’d have been with you on that one!

Reactions: zauberflote

Kingmidas

It’s almost as impossible to read this post without licking your lips, as it is to eat said sugary doughnut without licking lips - I didn’t realise how much I missed doughnuts until today!
Sorry I've had such a bad reaction to white carbs (I had some doughballs/garlic bread on 2 separate occasions and had terrible shakes after) I don't think I'm brave enough!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I All I really care about is apples-to-apples consistency, which I appear to be getting. If it’s consistently 15% off, so be it

Yes agree with you, it’s spotting trends which is the important thing. These strips were so erratic though that I couldn’t do that.
I’ve ordered a new tee2 now which @shelley262 and @SlimLizzy recommended - they are sending me a free one to trial and the strips aren’t too bad. Fingers pricked and crossed.