What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Successfully fasted for 25 hours so far so no food. Planning same for tomorrow back sometime Thursday.
Had some coffee and cream, lots of green tea no milk or cream and lots of water.
Well done! I'm just a little bit behind you, after eating late after yoga last night. I'm probably going to have to eat at breakfast though, as I have a long drive up to Durham first thing tomorrow morning for work. I don't want to risk feeling 'off' when driving for nearly 3 hours. So, I'm hoping for 34-36 hours. I've been existing on coffee with cream first thing, green tea, Rose hip and hibiscus tea and plenty water.

Kingmidas

Breakfast - started the day with a low carb 'English muffin' which was very much like soft brown bread. Really good - especially with a big dollop of butter and some marmite. Mmmm. Bucket of tea.

Lunch - rollitos, pecans, prawns, sun dried tomatoes, celery. Sugar free jelly and a low carb chocolate wafer

Dinner - steak, mushrooms, olives and cheese.

Such a gorgeous day too! I'm not a winter lover AT ALL so this is heaven
IMG_20190226_104110_847.jpg

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done! I'm just a little bit behind you, after eating late after yoga last night. I'm probably going to have to eat at breakfast though, as I have a long drive up to Durham first thing tomorrow morning for work. I don't want to risk feeling 'off' when driving for nearly 3 hours. So, I'm hoping for 34-36 hours. I've been existing on coffee with cream first thing, green tea, Rose hip and hibiscus tea and plenty water.
Well done you and agree you need to think about things like driving hope you see the results and Durham goes well

Reactions: zauberflote

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent work on the fasting @shelley262 and @BibaBee plus all those who have not reported in yet(@Goonergal and @Emma_369 ?) @Chook sounds like a great day beside the seaside, beside the sea - chips and all.
None of my cabinets were revolting and as Julie was poorly there was no need for a meaningful vote - my deal or crash out without any. Tea and cocoa before and after swimming. Lunch was a taking back control salad of epic proportions - mackerel and avocado are compulsory. Evening meal was a sausage sandwich to use up livlife bread and taste test Aldi sausages which claim to have 0.9% carbs. Precautionary naproxen since joints are playing nice and I want to keep it that way.
Highlights today - lawn mowing again and I did a passable version of a backstroke.

Last edited:

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - started the day with a low carb 'English muffin' which was very much like soft brown bread. Really good - especially with a bug dollop of butter and some marmite. Mmmm. Bucket of tea.

Lunch - rollitos, pecans, prawns, sun dried tomatoes, celery. Sugar free jelly and a low carb chocolate wafer

Dinner - steak, mushrooms, olives and cheese.

Such a gorgeous day too! I'm not a winter lover AT ALL so this is heaven View attachment 31524

I'm going to have to look away. I have serious marmite cravings!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Babybel cheese with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peanut phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: lemongrass and coconut chicken stir fry followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

set-in-stone

FBAD4540-327C-46BE-BA40-B95907446C5F.jpeg

Now bingeing on here as I have missed so much. Gosh!
Been a bit under the weather. Seriiusly! Just when the sun is coming out to play. Sigh.

Fasting folks -hope all is going well.
Posting hubby’s latest numbers from his check up with DN. Said he can now come off Metformin. Oh yeah? He stopped almost 2 years now. Doh!
Big love to all you amazing people:)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 31530

Now bingeing on here as I have missed so much. Gosh!
Been a bit under the weather. Seriiusly! Just when the sun is coming out to play. Sigh.

Fasting folks -hope all is going well.
Posting hubby’s latest numbers from his check up with DN. Said he can now come off Metformin. Oh yeah? He stopped almost 2 years now. Doh!
Big love to all you amazing people:)

That’s a great summary list, wish my surgery printed something like that.
Great results too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woke up with horrible sore throat still. Wasn’t due to meet the others till mid morning so went for a walk first thing and ended up at Tesco as you do. Bought a few supplies such as cream for my coffee and a box of those 1 cup coffee filters ( only instant in hotel room, and it costs £3 a cup from the hotel bar) best of all some sugar free jellies - had 2 for breakfast which were bliss for my throat.

Lunch out in York, neices’ favourite place Las Iguanas a S American type of place. Had a flame grilled 1/2 chicken with coleslaw and salad and a lot of iced water - again, bliss for the throat.

This evening at their place had nibbles of cold meat, cheese olives and shared my 85% HC batons around. Too dark for SIL and 18yo but surprisingly the 16yo loved them.

Coming home tomorrow after meeting them for breakfast in Tesco cafe which looks really good.

Well done fasters, very impressive first day. @BibaBee agree it’s probably best not to undertake a long drive in the middle of a long fast.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Cheese and tomato sandwiches with the rest of the kimchi, which livened the taste buds up.
Dwe01us.gif

Dinner: Marinated chicken drumsticks, greek yoghurt and some diced up mango of my partners.
Breakfast today: A four cheese and mushroom egg omelette, no bacon as I forgot to get a packet out of the freezer yesterday

D

Deleted member 308541

I'm very fond of Woolies when I'm visiting family in Australia but there again I like Coles too!
I got my first job with Woolies when I first cae to Australia, I worked in a subsidiary called Meatex boning out legs of pork for tinned ham. I got my transfer into a store after about six months.

I suppose we shop there at Woolies out of loyalty, we do not go to Coles very often though.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I miss Woolworths, especially the pick'n'mix.

A bit of a wander down memory lane..... I had a Thursday evening and Saturday job with Woolworths, Oxford Street (London) when i was at secretarial college in the 70s when they still had the open cheese and deli counter and a counter where you could buy cake by weight and the assistant would cut your required amount off a 10 or 20lb slab.

D

Deleted member 308541

I miss Woolworths, especially the pick'n'mix.
The Woolworth's here is a totally different company to what was in the UK. If FW Woolworths had came to Australia and NZ, the Australian company would have had to change names.

A South African company have owned Woolies for the last few years.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Late checking in. Not long back from the excellent APPG meeting. About 30 or so hours into the fast. BG dropping nicely and ketones up. Had 4 cups of tea with cream and probably not quite enough water as none available at the meeting. Trying to make up for that now - suspect it’s why I’m feeling pretty hungry. Hopefully will pass during the night.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Well done on the weight loss @BibaBee and good luck to the fasting group. @shelly262 pleased the Mum trip went well. @DJC3 - I do the same with trains too - take my own food. It makes life a lot easier. So sorry you've caught a cold while you're away though. Bed Sunday 4.9 FBG 4.8. A very busy day yesterday. Early start with the school run again then back to get ready for Aqua fit (more on that shortly).
B. Since I'd moved to the 11 am class I had time for a breakfast. 2 97% GF pork chipolatos, fried egg and 3 rashers of crispy bacon. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Then off to aqua fit.
Aqua was kind of eventful. The stand in didn't appear so we did our own thing with weights/water running etc and all went well until 2 younger females (the full make up/selfie/pastel lycra types) knocked over a glass water bottle at the spa area and in smashed. It was obviously an accident but you have to question what kind of twit takes a glass water bottle in? The problem was their attitude after it happened as the pool had to be closed and everyone out as the clean up for potential glass shards went ahead. All we got out of these madams was a torrent of bad language about how it was ridiculous, everyone's fault except theirs etc while going full speed to try to escape before many more came out of the pool area. Thought we were heading for a punch up. They were told in no uncertain terms about the necessity of cleaning the area properly especially by a mother that had been going to take her baby in. Seeing they were getting no support they stormed off leaving all the Club towels scattered in the changing rooms. There were more than a few complaints about them.
L. Left the battleground to go to M&S , picked up meds from the chemist then home and had a spoonful each of M&S mozzarella pearls, tuna with beans and red onion and anchovies before going to collect boys. Seems to have been a day for fisticuffs! No 1 was in bother but went I got the story I can't say I blame him but in this snowflake world you're not allowed to say so. Involved one of the boys who is trying to earn his stripes in the latest bullying group. No 1 was building something and the other little so and so destroyed it. He pushed him away , rebuilt it and he destroyed it again. When he did it a 3rd time No 1 punched him hard a couple of times which resulted in the trainee bully grabbing him by the hair, banging his head on the desk and kicking him. No 1 not surprisingly fought back which resulted in trainee bully running off and having to be caught and isolated by another teacher. I got the same story from quite a few of the class and they were in no doubt who was at fault and it wasn't No 1. He's been niggling at No 1 for weeks so hopefully a hard thump will deter him in future.
D. After returning boys dinner was a repeat of yesterday for me. Roast pork, homemade apple sauce, celeriac dauphinoise, green beans and a mini cob. Later a few raspberries/blackberries and cream.
Hoping today is more peaceful. No 1, teacher & I had a nice calm chat at early start this morning about better ways to deal with yesterday's incident and I resisted the temptation to say sometimes it is just necessary to give them a thump!
Tottaly agree, a hit in time saves nine. Remember well teaching my 7-year old to say to a local 4-year old bully "If you hit me again, I am going to hit you back" and also saying but dont hit him too hard.;)

edited for spelling

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
26/02
feeling distinctly "off" this morning, no exercises
Tea for breakfast, after last nights blow out didnt need anything else.
lunch, came home and woofed down the contents of the cheesebox, about 50g wenslydale, and some emmental, plus two hovis crackers. Maybe best just to throw the rest away?
midafternoon, handful of nuts
dinner a takeway indian, I had some Sag aloo,( trusting that the potatese are reheated, thus resistant starch) about 50g rice, didnt weigh it, gauged by eye. Chicken jalafezi with some extermely hot chillies in it, a poppadom, tablespoon of the green yoghurt.
passed on the vegetable curry. (Apparently bought esp for me:banghead:) but potatoes, chick peas, peas, onions and peppers, a carb too far. However shared a glass or two of red wine. Was sooo nice not to have to cook

:D

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Sorry for the late check in - work, in-laws, coursework and then 56 lengths in the pool so only just had time to play catch up

Breakfast - last 2 of my chocolate cakes with coffee - the astute of you may think what happened to the other one remaining cake. Well my darling husbands afraid of missing out on anything, decided to eat it whilst I was in the shower. Only to then spend the next 20 minutes moaning that how do I eat that, why would I make a cake with no sugar and I should have warned him they weren’t normal cakes :rolleyes:
Lunch - payday office treat of chippy so had a small tray of kebab meat with salad and mayo

My fast then officially started at 2pm so I’m a little behind the others but feeling good after my swim. Just water and black coffee until Thursday evening so won’t have any food to post tomorrow

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Chook we had a day like that only a flooded river and no dogs and sat in the car with coffee, mom&me. Glorious out.
Go @shelley262 go! And you @BibaBee ! @Goonergal !
Way to go on backstroke @ianpspurs !
@Rachox how are you doing? Out of bed rest yet I hope?
@set-in-stone I hope he just nodded agreeably re metformin! Congrats to him. I hope you recover quickly :)
We still have (a possibly different) Woolworth’s here. When I was a kid it was one of the “five and dime” stores, so known for the number of items that sold for five or ten cents. I don’t remember a food area. We also still have Rose’s, another old name. Precursor to Walmart but much much smaller.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Today was a stress day but no bad foods were among those overeaten. Memo to self: don’t take Mom to lunch unless you really have to.
So I hope I can have just an egg for bfast tomorrow, and nothing til supper.
Made Mr ZF a pasta casserole but won’t take pic. That english muffin with marmite is too beautiful to put pasta photos on top of.
So, it was shells, sausage, spaghetti sauce, farmer cheese, parmeggiano. I sautéed the sausage, deglazed with a little marsala cooking wine, then cooked the pasta, all in the IP. There is no time advantage to pasta a la IP bc it takes a while to get up to pressure even though once there it’s only a minute. The only advantage is that the pot liner is easier to wash than a big pasta cooking pot plus a sauté pan. I think I’d do it again. I’m thinking a baked pasta dish would work with lo dough spätzle/gnocchi/matzoh balls instead of pasta, but this was special for him. Anybody done it?