What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@BibaBee welcome back! Sorry your days were so lonnng, maybe it will get a little more relaxed for a time? I took one look at that waffle maker and bust out laughing! You will have lots of fun being hypnotized by it, right? I feel quite smug with my perfectly seasoned 1950’s era regular waffle maker Do you think that recipe would work for ordinary waffles? With flax substituted in for half the coconut?
It's certainly worth a try. I reduced the eggs to 5 large U.K. size rather than 6. I'm going to experiment with different alternative flours. They were almost as good as the waffles we had in Ghent, Belgium a couple of years ago! I was quite amazed!
Yes, I'm hoping the next few days will be less hectic.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
thank you 25 good years together
28-03
Berries and granola with milk for breakfast, not the best combination, but its what needs eating.
lunch, had planned from the fridge, but MrSlim wantd to eat out, so had a fish starter platter, with prawn cocktail, smoked salmon, charred cucumber, crispy coriander prawns( in breadcrumbs boo) served with mayonnaise and the thinnest crispiest piece of toast ever.
dinner, chicken thighs sweetcorn, peas and edame beans ( all from the freezer) after had nectarine and peach slices,with rum and raisin icecream and cream. so delicious had seconds of icecream and cream. we ate all the fruit already ( remember the freezer is going tomorrow so all not eaten will be wasted)
shared a bottle of champagne with MrSlim, he is still celebrating his retirement. Which may be temporary, so how can i protest?
Few berries left, they will be breakfast. Probably with the rest of the cream as fridge is also going.
We have family lunch party tomorrow. Low carb may not be possible. In fact almost impossible.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
I don't know -- I think its hot drinks not just coffee. (I'm 63 so definitely not pregnant)
found the same, went off coffee almost instantly, later calcuated about ten days after conception.

Reactions: DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
found the same, went off coffee almost instantly, later calcuated about ten days after conception.

I went off of virtually everything when I was pregnant but (infamously) had a 9 month craving for jam doughnuts cut in half side ways then piled high with Mattesons prawn cocktail / coleslaw (lumpy pink stuff). I've not touched it since my daughter was born. Eughhhh. What I've never worked out is why. My midwife at the time said women crave something that contains nutrients they need - but jam doughnuts and prawn coleslaw cocktail????

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Boys, boys, whatever shall we do about you?!
@Chook that is about the worst craving I’ve ever heard of!!!
Bfast usual 1/2 avocado and egg, today with its yogurt having a little dijon mustard in it. Amazingly good! DWSAC+2 sq 90% choc.
Visit to cardiologist, who had some good suggestions for leg cramps but was not particularly worried about the electrolyte balance once she saw the lipids. I got a fairly benign lecture about let’s make cheese a treat. She got a little smirk as soon as I said LC, but it wasn’t the LC she was objecting to, it was the HF. I will play along, bc although I have no “heart disease”, as it’s commonly defined, I do have some significant cardiac issues which she’s been treating me for for a long time, and she’s done so well for me that I don’t care to alienate her.
Same trip picked up a piece of inherited jewelry that I’d had made into a necklace. It’s beautiful! Will be passing it to older son’s wife one of these days, as she knew my m-i-l well.
Lunch 2 seltzer, root beer and Dr Pepper flavor, and at 5:00 I discovered I’d never finished the decaf, so down the hatch it went.
Supper celery, wilted spinach with tin of sardines and hm dressing, and a couple of slices of the mug bread. I’m slicing it in a different direction this time and seem to be getting more servings! Since the whole mug wouldn’t do much carb damage, why am I doing this lol?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Definitely a naughty day... my appetite is back with a vengeance although lots of foods taste different to usual.

Breakfast: Toby Carvery all you can eat breakfast, so eggs and bacon, mushrooms, sausages and baked beans with diet coke

Followed by five hours trailing round various food shops

Lunch: Visited an old friend on the way home who'd made me my pre-D favourite, coffee and walnut cake - with frosting. She'd put so much thought and effort in to making the cake especially for me that it would have been rude to refuse a slab.

Dinner: Mr C is cooking. He's planning a chicken and chorizo tray bake with aubergine, cherry tomatoes, yellow and red peppers, courgette and lots of garlic.

Drinks: Diet coke, coffee at friend's house (still doesn't taste right) and lots of water. Maybe a glass or two of red wine with dinner.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not eaten evening meal yet but I know what it will be. So, today was the usual lots of tea plus 1 mug CWC (obs no buns in my oven). Lunch was avocado, egg and mackerel mayo with heap big sprinkling of chia seeds. Evening meal will be salmon fillet and salad.
For 3 days now i have tried to be as low carb as possible and also appear to have run quite appreciable calorie deficits. Results are considerably higher bg levels, slightly raised resting pulse rate and about 1kg up since Wednesday. Wonder if I am over stressing my body or if it will revert to normal soon?
For all those wound up over today's vote - how many of us would not be here but for an ancestor failing to back a withdrawal agreement - erg just uncontrollable? :angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening All
Food today: 1 slice HiLo toast, butter, tea
Lunch: can Mackrell in rich tomato sauce, cucumber, 2 small tomatoes.
Supper will be salmon fillet with Teriyaki sauce and spicy fried rice with pepper cubes, ginger, shallot, garlic, fresh green chilli specks and peas. Cauli rice version pour moi.
Writing with a chilled glass of dry Provence rose to hand...well it is Friday!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
What a wonderful sunny day and we have our youngest sons dog cooper for a few days staying with us - so lots of walking out in countryside making the most of the weather.
No breakfast as off early to pick up cooper
Lunch tin of sardines in olive oil and some LC seeded crispbreads and a couple of 100% cocoa buttons
Dinner chilli with mushrooms followed by lc lemon drizzle with spoon of yoghurt and spoon of double cream
Planning another long hike with the dog tomorrow he’s shattered this evening so clearly good for him - and us!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

Still floppy, but improving.
Thankfully no sign of Mr B’s virus, and that is a great result.

B: bacon and eggs
L: prawns and oomi noodles in a cream and garlic pickle sauce :wacky:
D: baked salmon and butter

Am back trying to get the fat : protein macros right. So easy to stray. Firmly on track today, and boy do I feel the difference.
@Goonergal how are you doing with the whole carni thing at the mo? I’ve been struggling a bit. My body loves it. But the brain has been rebelling a bit in recent weeks. I think it was mainly hanging around omnivores for 3 meals a day, for 10 days. Back to my ‘normal’ again now though, thank goodness.

Last edited:

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Boiled egg with HiLo toast, butter and vegemite.
Glorious day and could not waste it going food shopping. Lots of gardening instead. However, fridge-foraging turned out a lunch of cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, olives stuffed with anchovies, celery with garlic and herb soft cheese. Also found the remnants of some mixed nuts.
Snack. 8 small buttered crackers.
D. Salmon fillet, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, roasted Mediterranean veges.
Blueberries and Greek yoghurt.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Discovered today there is an Ocado near us. And have just had their flyer through their door. So we may get home delveries from them.

Breakfast: Boiled eggs x 2 - (no dippy soldiers) and a 200ml glass of milk.
Lunch: Bowl of Greek yoghourt and mixed berry fruit.
Dinner: Sausage, bacon, egg and fried mushrooms. With a slice of Burgen bread. My wife tried that bread today and seemed okay with it but the little one winged about “the nuts” in it.

Snacks : chorizo “coins”

Tea as usual.

Last edited: