What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
You obviously weren't built on the Clyde than. (Constitution to rival an ox.)

Teehee no but my mother is a 5th generation Vermonter, backbone of granite! But they don’t eat it
I call uncle- you win!!

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 is Cooper all recovered I hope?
Hi @West335 ! Nice to meet you
@Brunneria wonder if your floppies are caused by allergies? We are having a brutal time already and it’s not even April. Fatigue can come from allergies here.
@DCUKMod ok I looked up century eggs. You are far more adventurous than I. Looks from the description like the smell of the yolk alone would keep me away!
Thank you he’s fine all recovered from kennel cough and full of beans very long hike with him today avatar is us having short break

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Gorgeous day! I sat in the sun this morning while watching Mr C scrubbing the greenhouse and cleaning out loads of tubs for replanting.

Then a trip over to Brigg Garden centre to buy our tomato plants, a couple of courgette plants, some rainbow chard seedlings, lots of runner bean seedlings and some mange tout seedlings. I got completely side tracked by a fabulous geranium display and ended up with a couple of dozen dark pink ones plus some dark pink and purple trailing double petunias for tubs and hanging baskets. Oh, then I found a herb display and ended up getting oregano, golden thyme, tarragon, mint and a pretty purple sage. A coffee at Costa followed by a quick stop off at our local B&M for loads of Jack's Magic compost and manure. A really enjoyable day but still too cold to eat outside.

Breakfast: Kippers and scrambled eggs

Lunch: Costa HUGE decaff with jugs of cream

Dinner: Roast beef, roast parsnips, carrot, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, Yorkshire Pudding and gravy

Strawberries

Drinks: coffee, water, couple of glasses of red with dinner

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

2 dog walks today. They are exhausted. Haha!
It was probably a bit much for one of them. He is flat out and zonked. The other has still got some semi-Bounce left, so it will be python wrestling later.

B: bacon and egg
L: none, but i did snaffle an Aldi’s orange mini choc bar
D: will be meaty pork ribs done in the instant pot - quite a lot of them!

@zauberflote i am pretty sure the floppiness was a food intolerance. Probably the low carb pancake mix i made up for Mr B on Monday. Good, but not good enough for me to want more. Mr B loved them, so he can have the rest of the packet. They had nothing in them that i expected to be a problem, but who knows? Sometimes it is the combination, isn’t it? Anyway, back to normal again now, as seen by driving the pups to exhaustion. Ha!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gorgeous day! I sat in the sun this morning while watching Mr C scrubbing the greenhouse and cleaning out loads of tubs for replanting.

Then a trip over to Brigg Garden centre to buy our tomato plants, a couple of courgette plants, some rainbow chard seedlings, lots of runner bean seedlings and some mange tout seedlings. I got completely side tracked by a fabulous geranium display and ended up with a couple of dozen dark pink ones plus some dark pink and purple trailing double petunias for tubs and hanging baskets. Oh, then I found a herb display and ended up getting oregano, golden thyme, tarragon, mint and a pretty purple sage. A coffee at Costa followed by a quick stop off at our local B&M for loads of Jack's Magic compost and manure. A really enjoyable day but still too cold to eat outside.

Breakfast: Kippers and scrambled eggs

Lunch: Costa HUGE decaff with jugs of cream

Dinner: Roast beef, roast parsnips, carrot, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, Yorkshire Pudding and gravy

Strawberries

Drinks: coffee, water, couple of glasses of red with dinner

You were wise to go to Brigg Garden Centre today not tomorrow. It will be manic on Mother’s Day.
We were over there on Tuesday, getting a lovely spring planter for MIL :D
We should meet up for a cuppa there sometime. Would love to meet you!
Am always glad of an excuse to go and poke round. It is a great garden centre, isn’t it?

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Is tomorrow yourall’s Mother’s Day! Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers and people who do mothering type loving and people who hope to become mothers

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thought I’d post now whilst sat waiting for Ellie to finish her cheerleading practice (2nd session of the day)
B: snuck out to a pub for breakfast with my husband whilst Ellie had training so I had 3 sausage, 4 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 large mushrooms, 2 grilled half tomatoes and a naughty hash brown (I did test 1hr, 2hr &3hr as felt bad afterwards but peaked at 5.8 so will take that)
No lunch just plenty of coffee throughout
D: we have friends round so will be gin and can’t promise quantities, and an Indian takeaway for which I’ll have my usual chicken madras, tandoori king prawns and lamb tikka combo as know it agrees with me
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I’m hoping Mother’s Day tomorrow means I get a suitable lie in to nurse my gin headache that will no doubt surface :angelic:
Edited for spelling

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
You were wise to go to Brigg Garden Centre today not tomorrow. It will be manic on Mother’s Day.
We were over there on Tuesday, getting a lovely spring planter for MIL :D
We should meet up for a cuppa there sometime. Would love to meet you!
Am always glad of an excuse to go and poke round. It is a great garden centre, isn’t it?

It was pretty manic today. Loads of people going just for the restaurant though so we had the vegetable seedlings bit pretty much to ourselves apart from a couple of women trying to colour coordinate tomato plants to integrate in to their border arrangements - they weren't bothered about flavour, just colour. :joyful:

Parking was horrendous with even the overflow parking full up. I love going there - I am really good at killing plants but everything I buy there somehow manages to survive despite my not so tender loving care.

Yes, we must meet up there one day. :)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Hope everyone managed to get some time out there if sun was shining with you as it was for me. Very long hike and Cooper now fast asleep by my feet but just hoping he doesn’t become more energetic at bedtime! At a year old he really is full of energy and bounce so needs lots of play and exercise.
Breakfast one sausage - Waitrose 1 - one slice bacon and one egg
Lunch tin of sardines in olive oil with handful of almonds and walnuts and a few lc seeded crispbreads
Dinner chicken curry with a few crispbreads and a couple of glasses of gin and soda water. Planning some lc lemon drizzle warmed up later served with some double cream and yoghurt - once finished my second gin and soda water that I’m enjoying just now.
@Emma_369 enjoy your ginfest it goes so well with curry I feel and hope you don’t get a gin headache for mother’s day! Shame we miss an hour in bed tonight but often happens on uk Mothering Sunday.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi Chook. We will be going to the garden centre on Monday!
Tomorrow will be eating out to celebrate Mother's Day, daughter's 30th, and son outlaw's 31st. Good that they all come at once as it saves on the ' what can I eat?' dilemma.
B. Cheese omelette
L. In Sainsbury cafe. Vegetable lasagne and salad
Snack. Mixed nuts
D. Gin and slim
Cod and prawns in white wine sauce with leek and fennel. New recipe from Waitrose. Rhubarb with stem ginger and Greek yoghurt.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thought I’d post now whilst sat waiting for Ellie to finish her cheerleading practice (2nd session of the day)
B: snuck out to a pub for breakfast with my husband whilst Ellie had training so I had 3 sausage, 4 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 large mushrooms, 2 grilled half tomatoes and a naughty hash brown (I did test 1hr, 2hr &3hr as felt bad afterwards but peaked at 5.8 so will take that)
No lunch just plenty of coffee throughout
D: we have friends round so will be gin and can’t promise quantities, and an Indian takeaway for which I’ll have my usual chicken madras, tandoori king prawns and lamb tikka combo as know it agrees with me
Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. I’m hoping Mother’s Day tomorrow means I get a suitable lie in to nurse my gin headache that will no doubt surface :angelic:
Edited for spelling
you say one was naughty, had three this lunchtime, they needed eating up.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And I’ve prepared my new recipe of the week and for the first time it’s not off DD - it’s the wonderful looking tuna melts that @Rachox posted a couple of days ago. My muffin tray has grown legs and walked off so I’ve made a giant one to portion out ready for my lunch at work tomorrow. Did have a little forkful just to check it was cooked of course and it’s taken all my restraint not to eat the lot now :) very yummy indeed!!!
Et Voila :

28A994B0-229B-42A3-8E0D-48FADBFD5BBD.jpeg

The photo doesn’t do them justice. Looks like a dirty plate but they have a vitreous finish and the flash reflects off the imperfections.

The Tuna Melts were delicious. I hadn’t planned in advance what to have with them so had a small portion of baked beans and some grated cheese sprinkled on the top. I had two and could easily have knocked back a couple more.

Nice one @Rachox

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
missed yesterday so 29-03
breakfast:
3x hash browns, 3x baby plum tomatoes, 1.5 eggs scrambled with 70g smoked salmon shredded and stirred through. 2 teas.
lunch, eating out with family, Salmon9 again, but roasted not smoked) with crayfish and hollandise sauce, fennel and potato rosti,( ate about half) charred brocolli, (not that good) diet tonic to drink, tea afterwards.
Not really hungry, but food needs eating - or will be throwing it away. fridge and freezer have now gone, so all in a coolbox.
Dinner chicken thigh, spinach with mozzerella, rum and raisin icecream with cream, 2 glasses rose wine

30-03
breakfast, nut granola, milk, berries, creme fraiche, 2x tea
lunch, 3x hash browns. (all gone now) 4x baby plum tomatoes, 2 scrambled eggs with 20g cheddar, spinach and tea.
dinner, if you can call it that,
mrSlim had fish and chips.
eating up oddments so i had :
Olives and manchego cheese, apple tart and cream, glass of rose.
by tomorrow there will be no fresh food at all in the house, except eggs and celery.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: fry up, egg, bacon and two cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon atNero’s: raspberry carb killa bar and a coconut cappuccino
Dinner was take away: crispy duck, two small pancakes, a smudge of sauce and the veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast : Bowl of Greek yoghourt and forest fruits.
Lunch : Roasted chicken wings x 6 and a 200ml glass of full fat milk. One apple.
Dinner: 2 x Keto Tuna Melts with 100 grams of baked beans. Followed by a hard boiled egg and a chunk of Camembert.

Tea

I went swimming too today but it was a fun pool type swim with the little one. I spent most of my time in the jacuzzi.

Then watched my family knock back pizza and fries. Good job I have vast reservoirs of willpower.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.
Dinner: Seafood marinara, reheated portion of cooked pasta spirals.
Breakfast today: Cheesey mushroom omelette, fatty bacon, tomato and a reheated spudlite.

Drinks: A mixed bag, black coffee / tea, water, and a couple of beers with our grandsons.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Boys, boys, whatever shall we do about you?!
@Chook that is about the worst craving I’ve ever heard of!!!
Bfast usual 1/2 avocado and egg, today with its yogurt having a little dijon mustard in it. Amazingly good! DWSAC+2 sq 90% choc.
Visit to cardiologist, who had some good suggestions for leg cramps but was not particularly worried about the electrolyte balance once she saw the lipids. I got a fairly benign lecture about let’s make cheese a treat. She got a little smirk as soon as I said LC, but it wasn’t the LC she was objecting to, it was the HF. I will play along, bc although I have no “heart disease”, as it’s commonly defined, I do have some significant cardiac issues which she’s been treating me for for a long time, and she’s done so well for me that I don’t care to alienate her.
Same trip picked up a piece of inherited jewelry that I’d had made into a necklace. It’s beautiful! Will be passing it to older son’s wife one of these days, as she knew my m-i-l well.
Lunch 2 seltzer, root beer and Dr Pepper flavor, and at 5:00 I discovered I’d never finished the decaf, so down the hatch it went.
Supper celery, wilted spinach with tin of sardines and hm dressing, and a couple of slices of the mug bread. I’m slicing it in a different direction this time and seem to be getting more servings! Since the whole mug wouldn’t do much carb damage, why am I doing this lol?
It’s good to see you have a good relationship with the cardio. I find not all of these professionals have a sense of humour or want to engage in chat. I know time can be of the essence but it does help to be able to engage with them in a pleasant and fun way.

D

Deleted member 308541

It’s good to see you have a good relationship with the cardio. I find not all of these professionals have a sense of humour or want to engage in chat. I know time can be of the essence but it does help to be able to engage with them in a pleasant and fun way.
I find that my cardiologist has a excellent sense of humour as well, seeing as I have to pay $400.00 up front a visit he can afford to have one. :D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to see a lady GP a few years ago that I quite liked. I almost booked her for a chat once in a while. (No fees here of course). She used to tell me stuff that she should have been keeping to herself. Eventually she clammed up a bit. But she was one GP that I enjoyed visiting.

Reactions: zauberflote