1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Might be, @maglil55 . I looked the book up. I figured this homemade mix might be the same as the Dr Almond mixes. Looking at the recipe closer, I see that it is the same as any bread type thing I make — and I always use more flax for more fiber and fewer carbs. So I probably won’t actually bother. I’m going nuts enough as it is with BG swings that I can’t be bothered right now.

• Hug Hug x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · BANNED

Breakfast : Scrambled egg, sausage, bacon, cheese and full fat milk.
    Lunch : Very little
    Early Dinner : Meat and cheese platter as per pic. Panna cotta for desert. Zero Carboidrati Coke
    Supper : Brie and full fat milk.

A330F83B-9055-4315-B59A-88DA471A5F1A.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Mongolia

Mongolia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I like cooked avocado AND cats!:happy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all another busy working day so restricted eating from 5pm and at 7pm just finished!
    Nibbles - whilst cooking, along with a dry white wine spritzer made with soda water - Put some crispy seaweed thins ( made with seeweed, olive oil and salt - itsu brand from Waitrose 0.2 g of carbs for half a pack) on top of four of my own lc seeded crisbreads - yum very crunchy and tasty.
    Then trout in lemon butter, asparagus and cauliflower cheese
    Pudding less than a quarter of a portion - about two teaspoons - of @Goonergals recommended bonne maman’s dark chocolate creme with salt served with extra thick cream ( each pudding is about 13g of carb so this way took it down to more acceptable 3ish - @DJC3 worth a try know you weren’t sure about total no of carbs. ) As I was having generous amounts of veg it would have put total up too much for me. Just had decaf coffee with my two small squares of montezumas orange oil and cocoa nibs choc. Wonderful range of tastes, textures and flavours tonight.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. Mongolia

Mongolia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Have had a day of teff flour testing and the results are very confusingo_O
    B - teff flour fried bread with 2 fried eggs. After 2 hours BG had risen by 0.2 so was very happy with that
    L - plain croissant as forgot lunch
    D - other half of teff flour fried bread with pate and cream cheese. After 2 hours BG had risen by 4!!!:wideyed::arghh: How do I interpret this? Pate?
    Will have to do more testing tomorrow:depressed:

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Croissant may have contributed?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Listlad

Cooked cats?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Hi All been AWOL again. This week my OH was away so tried to shake up my eating times to improveFBGs with some success but defo too early to be smug. I have a lot of teacher friends to catch up with this week which rather put the spanber in the works though!
    Breakfasts have been usual 1 slice of HiLo toast with thick butter, tea.
    Lunch was absent on days I went out for coffee, never sure about carbs of coffee outother days Cereal bowl of Greek Salad little gem leaves, cucumber, 1 sliced tomato, feta and olives.
    Supper my usual fave things, two omlettes 1 with spinach other with grated cheese and one chopped tomato.
    One night lamb strak with leftover Greek salad.
    One night Chicken and Bacon Caesar salad.
    Tonight am exhausted roasting aubrgine cubes red pepperstrips red onion strips and red onion strips with Italian herbs and EVOO to share with son.
    Only puds this week have been 2 LoCal jellies.
    Not as exciting as you guys.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Edit: awful typing sorry btw have a couple of halved medium toms roasting with the other veg.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

2Mad day for me, continuous mealtime/snack time for grandson and huge amount of food for 9 moth old granddaughter. I did lick a tiny bit of Nutella from grandson's breakfast - yep I loved it, no point lying. My meals were chicken salad - reduced size and carbs - with h/m mayo for lunch. Bacon wrapped avocado(s) with soft boiled eggs for evening meal. To be perfect will need bigger avos as our eggs are much bigger than normal - think 90 gms+ in some cases. Cronometer comes up with 14 gms carbs to count and even with little exercise 130 cal deficit. It seems to be getting cals in/out perfect - bg testing is sporadic but the carb/bg factor is hit and mis IMHOs. Big problem is from about 4 weeks of around 20 gms carbs resting hr is up 10% - 54 to 61.

• Like Like x 4
  11. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Was your BaconAvoEggy thing, something like the thing I saw yesterday? If so, what was it like?

(Nothing wrong with a resting heart rate of 61.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch: fried halloumi with cauliflower, broccoli and mushroom salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
    Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
    Dinner: Chinese style cold pork slices with leafy salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

486BEC13-5BD0-45A8-AACC-39F253365BE6.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Listlad

Nice idea, fried haloumi.

14. ianpspurs

The bacon avo thing was directly taken from your post. I knew I would like it the moment I saw it but as I said needs bigger avos for our eggs - the wonky ones come small one week and big the next. The hr per se is less of a prob than the 10% rise although 57+ is not a number I see much - mostly tells me I am ill/had alcohol. Alcohol has mostly gone since Boxing day.

• Like Like x 1
    #26214 ianpspurs, Apr 12, 2019 at 8:38 PM
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  15. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

It’s very tasty :hungry:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bed 6.7 FBG 8.4.Yes you saw that right. Went on rising to 10.4. Had a very poor night. Shattered, legs in a bad way and really didn't feel good overnight.
    B. TAG with ADOC
    L. 1/2 Matteson sausage and 2 scrambled eggs.
    D. 5 salt and chilli ribs and 4 salt and chilli chicken wings.
    2 bits Green & Blacks Mint.
    1/2 PhD raspberry bar earlier.
    Just when I'm feeling worn out my washing machine decided to over fill and start depositing the water onto the kitchen floor. Too tired to deal with it so cleaned the mess and will have a look tomorrow.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ianpspurs

Sounds like a day from hell. We had washing machine flood last weekend causes havoc. Hope tomorrow is better for legs and washing machine gets sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BibaBee

BibaBee Family member · Well-Known Member

:hungry: Yum!

19. BibaBee

Right, finally managed to get dinner made after a mad dash to get one of our cats to the vet after work. Cue yours truly chasing said moggy around the house like a loon and swearing profusely! I had to use the throw large towel and scoop method in the end! Only fellow cat owners will understand! Thankfully, the poor lad doesn't have a UTI as suspected. The consensus is anxiety issues due to a local aggressive cat who is patrolling the locale at night. The result is unexpected puddles on the kitchen floor!

B: Vanilla chia with LC Nutella and strawberry garnish. Black coffee
    L: Nothing for me. Mr B had leftover red Thai chicken curry, HC baton. Afternoon almond milk cappuccino with cream.
    D: Chorizo, mushroom, red pepper and spring greens 'hash' with poached egg. Small LC waffle (quarter) with clotted cream, strawberries and LC syrup. Decaf coffee with cream. Just finished a decaf tea.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. BibaBee

Impressive restraint with the Bon Maman chocolate creme!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook