1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thats good to know though. Similar to the Aldi Moser Roth ones by the sound of it. I’m less likely to open lots of small individual bars I think - than having ‘just one more square’ of a large bar

Nothing beats sleeping in ine’s own bed does it? ( have you got a new bed too?)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

You are brilliant at small portions! Hope all goes well with your mum and her appointments this week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I did notice a flurry of photos after I’d posted the pork-with-nipple the other day, in an effort to hide it quickly I assumed

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

No, frame is almost 30 years old but mattress is less than a year old.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Lunch yesterday: Seafood basket at the bowls club, several XXXX Gold pots.
    Dinner: Spag bol with reheated pasta portion.
    Breakfast: Mushroom and cheese omelette, bacon, tomato's.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar /sweeteners, beer, water.

A empty pot of XXXX Gold with another one being poured, onya Kaz.

[​IMG]

Edit: Added pix.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #26265 Tipetoo, Apr 13, 2019 at 10:41 PM
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  6. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Breakfast today; Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites: Bacon & Gruyere.
    Lunch; street food - cheeseburger with all the trimmings - hold the bun.
    Dinner; Chicken and bacon cob salad and a couple of boiled eggs.

upload_2019-4-13_18-36-25.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Listlad

Listlad Prediabetes · BANNED

A dab of tomato ketchup I notice. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Listlad

Great photo!

9. Listlad

I bought a jar of pickled boiled eggs the other day. I noticed the carbs were a bit higher but still within my “tolerances”.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Listlad

Aldi do something very similar.

11. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Now pay attention, and I quote from my post “with a smidge of low sugar ketchup (I didn’t eat even half of what’s in the pic!)”;):joyful:

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@dunelm .... was the SERVICE bad? I Don’t think we tip the chef here or the food handlers. However, I am reallly sorry you got such awful food. If this was a chain, you may be sure that millions of ‘Murricans think this food is food Hoping the crab cakes don’t give you the collywobbles.
    @Chook that is a fabulous dog story! I can see them now.
    @Chook lavender and hops! I never have heard that. My world included supplements for the brain and especially gut. So trying to heal what could be healed. Anyway, Mom (me) hates lavender :D
    @ianpspurs yeah, I’ve had ZERO carbs since a 4 carb breakfast, and got that number about an hour ago. I’m solidly in sympathy with you. I find that caffeine over a period of days drives it up for more days. So can ‘t do nearly as much choccy as I want. Eat, abstaiiiiiiiinnnn, rinse repeat. “Il:eat abstain:ll, vamp until ready” in musical terms.
    @Listlad do your airports not have the chain “newsstands” that sell refrigerated stuff in little boxes- boiled eggs or cheese and nuts, and then huge bags of nuts on the snack wall?
    Congratulations @Goonergal !!!!!
    @Rachox my iPhone camera is the best camera I’ve ever owned! You do take winner pics for sure! I hated to step all over yours yesterday with my pancakes... but they were So Good I’m cooking them again right now. :hungry: Genuine comfort food. Added some buttermilk, can’t taste it, but they are less fluffy and more tender. Pancakes ought not to be replicable IMNSHO!
    Edit for typo

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #26272 zauberflote, Apr 14, 2019 at 12:21 AM
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  13. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Apologies for lack of posts recently. Meals have been all over the place. Partly because we were travelling, then as visitors, having little control over meal times or content. I .can say that after having eaten ( and drunk)far too much, several days in succession. Today was more moderate.
    Breakfast, slice of wholemeal toast with avocado and marmite. 2 cups of tea.
    Lunch, a ham and cheese sandwich, more tea,
    Dinner, soup, with yoghurt followed by a tiny Bakewell tart, left some of the pastry. Few pieces of chocolate in the evening. Was offered prossecco, had one sip, decided to have more tea. Carbs probably around 120 today.
    Hope you are all well. Will try to catch up with you all . Tomorrow, we move on again, going to wiltshire.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  14. zauberflote

Bfast 1/2 avocado and more chicken wings except I cannot see how they are wings!!!!!! DWSAC.
    Lunch a Starbux one-shot decaf Americano with waayyy more cream than I thought. I save my spice bottles, and put cream in and tuck in purse. Also leftovers of two cans of seltzer.
    BG same before supper as it had been 8+ hrs after bfast, which was 0.1665 lower than FBG. Neither number acceptable. I expect it’s sleep deprivation and stress. At least I hope so!
    Supper celery, wilted spinach w hm dressing, and a batch of pannycakes. Slightly underdone bc the stove eye was acting differently than last night! Smoking butter in the skillet Good thing we keep the batteries out of the smoke detectors
    Good night all, may you all sleep better than I will, and sleep in as long as you want!

• Like Like x 6
  15. Adm_Mad

Adm_Mad Type 2 · Well-Known Member

This was for yesterday.
    Lunch: 110g prosciutto and 80g hard cheese
    Dinner: 300g prawns, 186g broccolini and a dipping sauce made from whole egg mayonnaise with some Huy Yong chili garlic sauce stirred in, then 40g cheese for dessert.

Eating whole fat mayo is a heck of an adjustment - it’s one of the foods I’ve avoided for years because fat=bad mentality. I’m going to compare labels carefully and if light versions have higher carbs I think I’ll avoid those for now. Ditto for light vs pure cream.

I’m not even letting myself think about life without fruit yet, LOL.

Edited by mod

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #26275 Adm_Mad, Apr 14, 2019 at 1:05 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
  16. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

It was taken with a Crapple iPod about six or seven years ago, about the only thing the iPod had going for it, it did make a handy unobtrusive camera.

It has passed on to where dead electronic junk goes to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. zauberflote

Welcome adm_mad ! Mayonnaise was one fat I never compromised on. Milk, real yogurt (Dannon used to make real yogurt but no more( yes. For me, the “lo and lite” versions of things were just too nasty to put in my mouth. So I ate my own concoctions, just without the butter

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

@zauberflote - the food was bad and the service not that good - I understand that people in restaurants in the USA need tips but I do like the signs in The Netherlands that say “we don’t expect tips as we pay our staff propper wages”.
    Never mind - I have made my feelings known on trip advisor

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Good move! And so much tastier too.

Edited by Mod

• Agree Agree x 2
    #26279 Goonergal, Apr 14, 2019 at 5:29 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2019
  20. Listlad

Roma Ciampino Airport is quite small, modern and “sanitised” inside. I didn’t see such stands at this one. There was a section of the duty free area selling local delicacy food products but in typical large duty free type form and quantities * The mixed nuts filled the gap till we got back to Blighty. The pizza looked great but I could only watch as the family chomped their way through it. I then made up for it though with a selection of lower carb options at a Thai buffet, on arrival in Manchester.

* such as a large wedge of Parmigiano Reggiano.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #26280 Listlad, Apr 14, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook