What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’ve certainly come to the right place. I’ve always enjoyed cooking form scratch - but completely different sort of food to what I eat now ( a lot of cakes and baking tbh) but I’ve had a lot of inspiration and ideas from this thread.
Beware of @maglil55 @DCUKMod who will have your kitchen full of all sorts of amazing gadgets before you can blink lol!

Yeah, but. No but,.... Yeah but, at least you use these gadgets, don't you?

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch at Patisserie Valerie: Eggs Royale with mushroom instead of brioche with a Diet Coke.
Mid afternoon at Nèro’s: salted caramel phd bar with a coconut cappuccino.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola and a small piece of Lindt dark choc Easter egg.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I like a gadget but I have absolutely no room in the kitchen for any more, all of the cupboards are full!
Thank you all for the welcome. I am looking forward to new and interesting meals on my low carb journey.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Viv19

I’ve no idea where my Bg is right now, but what a delicious day I’ve had. Visiting old friends in Bratislava.
Simple breakfast, LC roll with cheese. Lunch omelette in a restaurant in Austria, tea.
Dinner. Wow. Asparagus with leeks, hazelnut oil, olive oil, lemon juice, strawberries, crushed hazelnuts.
Then fillet steak, Spring onions, mushrooms, mangetout. A creme fraiche whole grain mustard sauce. New potatoes, which of course I didn’t eat.
Raspberries + blueberries and cream.
Gorgeous cheese plus (for me) LC bread.,
Bliss. My bg was very low this afternoon. I might not measure it again tonight. :))))

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Rissoles and salad.
Dinner: Steak and veggies with buttered mushroom gravy.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee and tea, water.

Reactions: maglil55

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Agent yokel here on the line from the land that time forgot. Ignoring the Wait for it rose latte and no cream cocoa an OMAD day. Lots of TWAM then no cream cocoa + aforementioned latte. Hungry boy by 18.00 hrs but Julie not right so went for the use up things option. A little cucumber, some essential leaf salad, last of the bacon, mushroom and cheese quiche, 3 hard boiled eggs and h/m mayo. Then had s/f raspberry jelly made earlier, Fage 5% Gk yog and h/m chocolate granola. Weirdly, I quite liked the granola. It has coconut and 100% callebaut plus I hated granola pre LC.
All edible and functional. Nandos mild marinade on chicken last night seems to have done for Julie but at least not during the night. @DJC3 hugs for the ankle. I might have a session on the exercise bike watching football later.
@Bildad good to see you here and eat what you like but sounds as though your repertoire is expanding. @dunelm what an an amazing thing for you and your family to do. If it is not too nosey, is this something close to family hearts?
Hi @ianpspurs - Mrs Miggins is a twin. Her twin sister lost her son to Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 21. Our annual family weekend is to give him at least one good weekend each year. We take him with us wherever in the world that we go to and sprinkle a little bit of him where there is a nice view, as he wanted.

Reactions: DJC3 and Viv19

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
I have been experimenting what and when to eat it, and that appears to make a difference to my blood glucose readings.

*Today I was 8.6 at 6 am (stressful day yesterday)
*At 6.30 am I had some chocolate and 3 cups black coffee.
*At 9 am I had 3 eggs and cheese done in the microwave with a little butter.
*Coffee & cream with a little chocolate.
*At 11 am I am 7.1
*At 1 pm I had some fruit cocktail in juice with ground flaxseeds, chia seeds, goji berries, and some fresh blueberries and double cream. And coffee and cream with piece chocolate.
*At 3pm I am 7.5
*3:30 pm I used up some oatcakes I had in the tin (I will make the low carb ones suggested on this forum in microwave when I have used the rest of oatcakes up) with butter and left over chicken on them.(I had planned on cooked veg with the chicken, but I couldn't stomach the thought of cooked vegetables today).
*5.30 pm a reading of 7.7

I won't eat again until I have chocolate in the morning.

I cannot have fruit cocktail as the last meal because my blood glucose readings go high at that time and stay high for a few hours, but not when I eat fruit around middayish.
If I have protein in the last meal of the day like today, then my blood glucose reading will probably still continue be 7.7 ish around 11pm.
I cannot eat chocolate late afternoon, because my reading will go up another two points and stay there the next few hours or more.

This is my first time posting on this thread.

I'm finding, as you have, that time of day matters when choosing what (and how much of it!) to eat. It sounds like for you the butter and chicken sort of cancelled out the oats?
Welcome to this thread!

Viv19

Yes. I fasted from 0300-2045. Nothing consumed, not even water.

I think that no water might not be the best idea. That’s actually quite dangerous charlie000.
Your menus are really good, and you obviously work hard at controlling your blood glucose, but not drinking is really not a good plan.

charlie000

I think that no water might not be the best idea. That’s actually quite dangerous charlie000.
Your menus are really good, and you obviously work hard at controlling your blood glucose, but not drinking is really not a good plan.
Why is it dangerous?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Goonergal congrats on finishing up the flat-- WOW is all I can say. Coming over tomorrow with my little nosegay of "yard flowers" for your housewarming lol.
Helllp! I am swamped with being behind. Will post today now
Bfast 1/2 avocado, handful pecans, a Crispie Dunnie spread soooo thin it was gourmet, DWGoatM, 2 sq 90% choc
That took over 2 hrs to eat as I sat with legs up in "summer office" (sunporch) and paid bills
"Lupper" 4:30 bc had work at 7-8:30 and want to see how to avoid the real food at 9:00. Olives, spinach/hm dressing and a blob of Cremont cheese that turned into the best brie I've ever eaten when melting, pecans, a piece of my brown bread (the flax/almond/chia one) sliced up thin and toasted.
Back from rehearsal, where I'd taken the meds on a still-full stomach, and hungry. Brain worked hard. Having DWC and a spoon of erythritol as a hopeful tool to keep me from indiscriminate snacking.
See y'all lovely peeps on the morrow!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@ianpspurs I'm drooling over the pine nuts. I have no off switch where they are concerned. A note for you, a leader in experimenting with what works for you-- I seem to have hit on a little something. Less protein, as in cheese and eggs, in any meal. It's helping later in the day; jury still out re no egg at breakfast.
@PenguinMum how LOVELY!!! Maybe someday I'll be able to walk 10 miles on a coffee .... (don't get your hopes up!)
I give up. 40 more posts!