What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast bacon, egg and a mushroom
Lunch tin of sardines in olive oil served with an advocado oil and acv dressing and a few of a new batch of lc seeded crispbreads baked this morning and a few nuts followed by coffee and four squares of 100% cocoa chocolate.
Dinner trout in lemon butter, cauliflower cheese and asparagus with glass of white wine followed by sf jelly and yoghurt with spoon of double cream.
Hope everyone has a good bank holiday weekend.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Afternoon All,

Today has been pretty simple so far :)
NE1: goatsmilk yog - finished now, so will have to find something else for a few days
NE2: diced spam in scrambled eggs with a brinjal pickle garnish. :nailbiting: Sounds vile, doesn't it? Turns out it is DELISH!!! I chopped the rest of the Spam up and froze it, so I can have this combo again anytime. Spam is so salty, I ddn't add any to the eggs, and it balanced out nicely. Very surprised.
NE3: will be kidney/liver stroganoff as a starter, and possibly baked salmon for the main.

I'm really not finding that 3 meals a day is easy, and I think I'm eating significantly more. However, this may be a good thing.
Time will tell.

Oh no - you've done it now - I'll have an ear worm of the Monty Python Spam song

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Haha those emails sound very familiar. My youngest phoned last week asking how to roast a chicken! Neither of us could believe she’d never cooked one before ( she’s 25) apparently her boyfriend said afterwards ‘It looks like **** but tastes good’ ( I’d have chucked the plate at him)

Every December i get an email asking me how to cook Christmas dinner and the normal 'trimmings' (with the various timing countdown). After a couple of years of typing it all out I've got my email saved in a special 'Daughter Christmas' folder and just copy and paste it.

Edited for spelling

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A ONE day today. Not planned just the combination of interesting events then things to do. TWAM for B then CWC around 2.15. NE around 6.30 was 4 (h/g) egg mushroom and (h/g) asparagus omelette with 4 rashers bacon and h/m mayo. Also had Fage 5% and chocolate granola.

Last edited:

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
And today's menu is...

Breakfast: Two egg mayo on checkerboard

Lunch: some Wensleydale with cranberries

Dinner: Barnsley lamb chops (yum!), asparagus, chard from the garden and, if my BG lets me, a small amount of Jersey Royals drowned in melted butter

Dessert: spicy baked rhubarb and Asda' s 'Authentic' Greek Yoghurt

Drinks: black decaff coffee, still spring water, red wine

checkerboard????? Blumin autocorrect - should have been crackerbread!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Was poised to report on an unplanned OMAD day, but have just had to eat some whipped cream.

Treated myself to a small, breadless, almost saladless (can’t resist onions so they stayed) doner kebab for a later than usual lunch.

Left work a bit early to return some stuff to M&S and pick up an order from Gap then walked home from Stratford. Couple of thousand steps less than yesterday but felt like more! Didn’t feel hungry at all but suddenly felt the need so whipped cream it was - if I’m going to eat this late fat is better than protein.

@PenguinMum I must have missed the chatter about the cheese with oregano. Is it Waitrose own brand?

@Brunneria haven’t had spam since I was at school (spam fritters anyone?) but you’ve made me curious now.

@Chook I did wonder what checkerboard was :D

@ianpspurs walking from work to train spotted a very tall, thin man being filmed. Turned out to be Peter Crouch!

Viv19

Evening all.

Was poised to report on an unplanned OMAD day, but have just had to eat some whipped cream.

Treated myself to a small, breadless, almost saladless (can’t resist onions so they stayed) doner kebab for a later than usual lunch.

Left work a bit early to return some stuff to M&S and pick up an order from Gap then walked home from Stratford. Couple of thousand steps less than yesterday but felt like more! Didn’t feel hungry at all but suddenly felt the need so whipped cream it was - if I’m going to eat this late fat is better than protein.

@PenguinMum I must have missed the chatter about the cheese with oregano. Is it Waitrose own brand?

@Brunneria haven’t had spam since I was at school (spam fritters anyone?) but you’ve made me curious now.

@ianpspurs walking from work to train spotted a very tall, thin man being filmed. Turned out to be Peter Crouch!

I had to google Peter Crouch

D

Deleted member 308541

My parents would have normally been shocked to consider breakfast at 10, but for us it worked well. And when they visited us in whichever place we were living, they had no problem fitting in.
In Australia, it was brilliant. We had a very private patio, so the gas bbq with the picnic bench alongside was perfect for eggs, bacon, sausages, toms, mushrooms etc etc. and the weather was good.
emoji295.png
️I loved that country.
I love the idea of a big cooked breakfast being done on a BBQ. It must have been a difficult decision to leave somewhere you enjoyed living so much. :)
hose Aussie breakfast barbies sound brilliant.
When we lived out at Moore Park Beach, we used to have a barbeque breakfast on the beach and watch the Sun come up over the Pacific.

Still go out there occasionally but to many people get out there now.

https://www.queensland.com/en-au/attraction/moore-park-beach

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all. Feeling a bit pants today, truth be told. A stressful day at work and *that* time of the month, so glad it's finally the weekend. :(

B: Lime and Orange chia pudding. Black coffee.
L: Sliced chicken, Gouda, olives, salad leaves, cucumber, nuts.
D: Courgetti bolognese with Parmesan. One of *those* cookies for dessert with a decaf coffee and cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch at my parents provided by my oldest ever friend who was visiting too (we’ve known each other since we were 4), she’d bought sandwiches (!) but luckily my Dad had said not to bring me sandwiches, so I was served a ham salad :) followed by strawberries and cream which I took.
Mid afternoon: Mint Carb Killa bar (while they dug into the biscuit tin) and black coffee.
Dinner from the fish and chip shop! I had a quarter chicken, two chunky chips and peas followed by SF jelly, cream and a couple of left over strawberries. I survived the chips, all two of them with a post dinner reading of 4.7 :happy:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Seafood platter at the bowls club, grandson's shouted this after they picked me up from the cardiologists.
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies.
Breakfast: Mushy cheese omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, low carb beer, water.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lunch yesterday: Seafood platter at the bowls club, grandson's shouted this after they picked me up from the cardiologists.
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies.
Breakfast: Mushy cheese omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, low carb beer, water.

OMG, I'm jealous! I love a decent seafood platter - I haven't yet found one in this corner of Yorkshire.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh yessss... When we go on holiday we always check with Trip Adviser that there is a good seafood restaurant within reasonable distance.

Reactions: gennepher and Viv19
D

Deleted member 308541

Oh yessss... When we go on holiday we always check with Trip Adviser that there is a good seafood restaurant within reasonable distance.
We have several seafood restaurants in Bundy, they are expensive for what you get tho'.

The cook at the bowls club is pretty good with his prices for a meal there, so he gets our money for a decent meal when we are eating there.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Its on Waitrose cheese serve counter..dont know why @Brunneria mentioned Tesco..I would imagine its a “guest” cheese but I think it is the food of the Gods.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Brunneria dear. ANYthing with spam sounds vile. We ate it from time to time growing up-- disguised as ham under a brown sugar/pineapple juice sauce, with pineapple garnish. Of course the sauce made it edible but just thinking about that whole spam sitting there in its pie plate (which I may have in my kitchen!) gives me the heebie jeebies.
@Bildad I am so sorry for your poor dog! Now you've given me and my cats a visual for the next time a dog yelps in the room next to us...
... I had to google Peter Crouch too...
Everybody's meals look varied, thoughtful, and very tasty. Me not so much.
NME1 usual 1/2 avocado, pecans, 3 tbsp dunnie (so good for the digestion!), DWGoatMAC, 1 sq 90% choc; all followed by the second mile walk of the day before it got too steamy out.
Afternoon IcedDWMAEryth. Took Mom for ice cream after the ordeal of having her toenails cut and bunion callus shaved etc. I was So Proud Of Self! I ordered a tiny scoop of vanilla (research showed that this was the lowest carb but I didn't intend to actually eat it anyway). And I didn't!!! I tipped my tongue onto the spoon twice, and then at the end, with a little paper cup of melted ice cream, I wiped the spoon, licked it, and stuck in purse for a moment of need. The ice cream tasted foul to me. Should have splurged on chocolate!
Deliver Mom home, go next door to store that once had Castelvetrano olives. Once and never found 'em since. Not today either, and was very disappointed as the thought of them had enabled me not to eat that ice cream...but what's that in the cheese case next to my elbow?? Cambozola cheese!!! Whoever it is who was rhapsodizing recently, you are entirely to blame for what happened next: I bought some. And had a bite or two. And one thing led to another in the drive home, so I tossed the wrapper in the garbage can. 2 hours later BG 5.1 which I haven't seen in days. I'll pay for it later.
So that was the start of NME2. Finished with a cherry tom, celery, wilted spinach/hm dressing, and a double smoked paprika dunnie. Off to the woodshed now with the piccolo and Mr Vivaldi. Happy weekend all!
And ETA there is now a large jar of Castelvetrano olives, with pits, in my Amazon shopping cart. So there, little shop that couldn't come through!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I’ve eaten today

Black coffee and 2 pieces dark chocolate.

Early Lunch
Boiled eggs, slices cheese, and coleslaw

Mid afternoon
Beef and green vegetables soup

2 cups coffee and cream
Water with tiny bit salt and squeeze lemon
Several cups of tea

That’s it.

>^..^<