1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Dr Snoddy

Dr Snoddy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Too much of the slippery slope lately e.g. down to the cafe for egg and chips when there is a prawn salad in the fridge. I blame the cold, wet weather.
    B. HiLo toast with mackerel pate and cucumbers, HiLo toast with butter and vegemite, black tea, black coffee.
    L. In restaurant. Halloumi salad with hummus, flatbread, diet coke, black coffee.
    D. Feta and watermelon salad then leftover vege curry and dhal.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dr Snoddy

Hope your knee improves soon. Glad to hear that you scored on the food front in Spain. Going on holiday can always be a bit of a gamble and I resist having to fill a cabin bag with HiLo bread and nuts if flying on the cheap.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

@shelley262 hope the knee heals soon and father;s day sounds as though it went well. To the food: B= tea then a CWC. NE1 around 14.20 was acovado and mackerel salad - 2 tins of mackerel today. NE2 around 18.00 was egg and cheese salad with the highly functional vinaigrette. I did have another CWC in between the NE's can't work out why and not very impressed with myself.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Loving your avatar you star you!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. chrestomanci

chrestomanci Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm on the 24 hr fasts this week, well 23.5 hrs really as you have one meal.
    Dins today barenaked rice, chicken in mushroom sauce, (dietdoctor recipe) broccoli, mange tout, green beans (small portions). Was yummy and very filling.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  6. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Eaten today

Cheese and eggs and ham thrown in the microwave.

Coffee with cream

Frozen fruit with cream

Coffee with cream

Tea

Found some cooked mince and veg in fridge...forgot about it...tentative taste...seems okay...so reheated it. Had pork scratchings with it. I am still alive 4 hours later...

Coffee with cream

Tea

Water

>^..^<

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dr Snoddy

Hope your knee improves soon. Glad to hear that you scored on the food front in Spain. Going on holiday can always be a bit of a gamble and I resist having to fill a cabin bag with HiLo bread and nuts if flying on the cheap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Evening all, how lovely to see the empty seats around the dinner table full again - good to see you back @shelley262 and @Chook. Shame about the weather @Chook but it sounds like you enjoyed the break anyway. Hugs for the knee injury @shelley262 but I’m glad the food was good and hope your mum fells better soon.
    Spent today with young Dennis in the house or garden. Vet check tomorrow then we will be able to go out and about, although his little legs might not take us far.
    Just CWC this morning
    Lunch- to remind me of my holiday and also since @PenguinMum has had this meal often recently and made me miss it - moules. From Sainsbury’s so not a patch on the fresh Scottish ones I had or the Cornish ones she had but never mind.
    D: DD Keto Asian cabbage stir fry. Still trying to find Fodmaps menus which match lchf. Had to miss out the onions, garlic and chilli from this dish so it was bland really.
    Sf jelly and cream afterwards.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. Gaffer type 1

Gaffer type 1 LADA · Well-Known Member

I had a lentil and red and green pepper chilli it was OK but soon as I added a little grated cheese it was lush

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Gaffer type 1

Gaffer type 1 LADA · Well-Known Member

Only been diagnosed 2 weeks ago T1 had T2 for about 2yrs and being a sweet tooth for so many years my yearning for sugar is not as bad as it use to be I haven't had chocalate for 9 days which for me is a miracle

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ianpspurs

Sounds like you had a good day with Dennis. Sympathise with LC and fodmap but at least you like lc so 1 person in your household is happy. Have you come across this link? https://www.monashfodmap.com/blog/cooking-with-onion-and-garlic-myths-and/

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. shelley262

Are you needing to do fodmaps for you or other family members? Sounds very difficult especially the seasoning I love chilli.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  13. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Expert

Woke up to a 7.0 this morning so after a couple of teas had small slice HiLo toast cooled then with lots of butter. Didnt have lunch tested at 2pm and was 6.0 so powered through. Got busy early evening so didnt test but have just eaten baked chicken breast with green rice (not rice but green veg) and a Lo Cal jelly.
    @shelley262 sorry about your knee and hope it heals [email protected] did go to S and got food in for the teo of us for week but forgot about Moules though we probably need to leave a bit of a gap after all the indulgence in Cornwall. Hope little Dennis continues to settle well and you all have a good night again.

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Thanks very much for the link - very interesting, I will be making garlic infused oil tomorrow, great idea. Also the green bits of spring onions are a cheering addition.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ianpspurs

Chives are also good. I had forgotten about those until this weekend.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

It’s for middle daughter who’s IBS has flared up quite debilitatingly recently. She’s been eating lchf which may well have exacerbated her condition. Most of the things we’ve been eating are not the things she should eat. We will work it out somehow, I like spicy food too but I have a ‘chilli mill’ to grind dried chillis onto food which I’ll be putting to good use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

The S ones weren’t a patch on fresh from the Cornish coast. Probably just as well you forgot.
    Hope your almost Omad day helps your bg levels to beat the post holiday blues.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

I did wonder about using chives, wish I’d seen your article, or looked it up myself earlier.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  19. shelley262

. Sounds complex hope it improves soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Was a bit disorganised today.
    Morning had a cup of weak tea with dash cream then forgot to make myself breakfast.
    Lunch: 3 oz Roast Pork, sprouts, broccoli, fingerful of swede. decaf tea and dash of cream.
    Late supper 20:00 - Burger, egg, small tomato. Followed by berries and Cream.
    Decaf coffee - you guessed it with cream. (I bought some really thick cream which I absolutely love. Little wonder I struggling to lose weight)

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook