What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today

Dark chocolate and nuts.
Black coffee

3 boiled eggs, 1 slice corned beef, 1 slice pork, bit of mayo

Ginger tea
Nettle tea

Strawberries and raspberries as they were.

But then disaster struck. Putting my falsies in before I went out and crowned tooth holding them in sheared off. But no dentist appointment until 24July...finally got one for next week, but eating problems now with it. Clove oil and chewing gum might be my food for next few days. Blinking hurts...

>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Food eaten today

Dark chocolate and nuts.
Black coffee

Ginger tea
Nettle tea

But then disaster struck. Putting my falsies in before I went out and crowned tooth holding them in sheared off. But no dentist appointment until 24July...finally got one for next week, but eating problems now with it. Clove oil and chewing gum might be my food for next few days. Blinking hurts...

>^..^<
Hugs for tooth problem @gennepher. Mine sheared off in May will finally be capped Monday but luckily no pain just eating everything on one side of my mouth. Hope the pain is not too bad.

Reactions: gennepher

Viv19

Strange bright light in the sky today completely put me off my game. A re-feeding and very re-hydrating day - probably drank 10 pints of tea, B=tea. NE1 was W1 Comte - sometime between breakfast and lunch. NE2 was garlic mushroom fluffy omelette. NE3 was some slices of emmental just because they were there during a wander around the kitchen. NE4 was mackerel and avocado salad this evening. Had maybe 3 strawberries and a few raspberries on my walks around the garden. Oh, bought a new house - reduced to clear. The right place, the right time yesterday as the person who reserved it dropped out. Offer accepted today.

Haha Oh by the way bought a new house. As one does. Congratulations.

Reactions: Chook and ianpspurs

Viv19

Food eaten today

Dark chocolate and nuts.
Black coffee

Ginger tea
Nettle tea

>^..^<

They do have appointments for emergencies don’t they? I think Dad had an appointment for the next day when his tooth broke. Did you tell them you have pain?

Viv19

Tea
Cwc
Nuts
Lunch- 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and cheese
Strawberries, blueberries and yoghurt
2 baby bel
1 LC roll toasted with pâté, some toms, celery sticks , cucumber, coleslaw and cheese cubes.
I have to admit to some more berries and yoghurt.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They do have appointments for emergencies don’t they? I think Dad had an appointment for the next day when his tooth broke. Did you tell them you have pain?

Tuesday was the emergency appointment and that was only under duress. She kept saying 24 July..... He doesn't open on a Friday. Yes I told them I had pain.

>^..^<

Reactions: Viv19

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: M&S crispy bacon strips with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peanut Phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: keralan chicken curry and cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for tooth problem @gennepher. Mine sheared off in May will finally be capped Monday but luckily no pain just eating everything on one side of my mouth. Hope the pain is not too bad.

Years ago you were seen to same day or next day at latest. Not any more. It hurts and I have two sensitive teeth the other side. Maybe I will lose some weight...

Glad yours is eventually being capped.

>^..^<

Viv19

Tuesday was the emergency appointment and that was only under duress. She kept saying 24 July..... He doesn't open on a Friday. Yes I told them I had pain.

>^..^<

You’ve heard of the squeaky wheel? Just make the noise gennepher. It’s a sad truth that the nicer you are, the more people will take advantage of you. It’s probably not convenient for her to juggle appointments, therefore the 24th July. But she is paid to help the patients..........
Tell her you have pain, that you can’t eat properly. And that 24 July is TOO late!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You’ve heard of the squeaky wheel? Just make the noise gennepher. It’s a sad truth that the nicer you are, the more people will take advantage of you. It’s probably not convenient for her to juggle appointments, therefore the 24th July. But she is paid to help the patients..........
Tell her you have pain, that you can’t eat properly. And that 24 July is TOO late!!

I am almost getting to the stage where I will be glad to have no real teeth left...she did give me next Tuesday in the end (Dentist is not open on a Friday).

>^..^<

Reactions: Viv19

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today

Dark chocolate and nuts.
Black coffee

Ginger tea
Nettle tea

>^..^<
Don't you have dental departments in hospitals to deal with emergency dental treatment? There's a few here but there's the advantage that we have the trainees here too.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And now for today. Weather is glorious. Tomorrow is the big day for the P7's as they are played out of Primary.
Bed 7.4 FBG 6.6. Traffic is crazy around here right now. Virgin media is digging everything up to kay cable and it's chaotic. Having to use creative routes to get around. We're out with the in laws tomorrow as they wanted to see son's band playing and fortunately they have a local gig tomorrow. A very busy weekend coming up.
B. TAG with ADOC. Wrapped 2 baby bel in salami to grab something pre Aqua zumba
L. 1/2 raspberry PHD bar
D. 1/2 a meat'zza with lettuce, tomato and 1/2 avocado with Helmans.
Made up another quick mousse with a mix of berries this time.
@ianpspurs - great news on the house. Congratulations. Some things are meant to happen.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful news about the house @ianpspurs. Wishing you a nice smooth, stress free move.
@gennepher rotten news about your tooth, I haven’t seen clove oil recently but my mum always had it ready for toothache. Hope it helps.
@shelley262 sounds like you are having fun with your Libre. What effect does the sauna and steam room have? Can you wear it in them?
Today’s food: this morning CWC and TWAM and 1 coffee with milk at a cafe which didn’t have milk.
L: leftover spiced chicken thighs and cabbage slaw. SF jelly&cream.
Far too many raspberries eaten while wandering round the garden with Dennis.
D: roast pork tenderloin with a fresh ginger, cumin and cinnamon rub ( BBC Good food recipe) with roast med veg.
More raspberries & Gk yog.
I’ve had at least 1 Babybell today too, but can’t remember when.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.
Dinner: Steak and veggies.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water.

Got half a bucket of macadamia nuts from our neighbour yesterday, so a big cracking morning coming up shortly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher rotten news about your tooth, I haven’t seen clove oil recently but my mum always had it ready for toothache. Hope it helps.
Clove oil is amazing. I always make sure I have some. It is better than painkillers. I guess I got it from the chemist, but I don’t remember.
Thank you.

Last edited: