What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

Food today.
No breakfast tea
Cwc
Lunch 2 slices LC bread. One with smoked trout, other shared blue cheese and cheddar. 4 cherry toms. Yoghurt and berries.
Still hungry half hour later so I had some nuts, and tea.
Dinner. Left over veggie curry from last night, cauli rice tossed in butter, turmeric and flaked almonds.
In fact about the same as yesterday without the chicken.
A glass of red.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t think I can stick to the 3 small meals so had 2 larger but within a narrowish window and absolutely no snacking.
This morning CWC and TWAM
Lunch 3 celery sticks with M&S whipped cream cheese then a bit of Yarg as I was still hungry and 1 sq of the American 90% chocolate which is so smooth and delicious
Dinner was the tandoori lamb @DCUKMod posted here. Really nice. No lamb chops at the butcher so he cut me 2 steaks off a leg of lamb. Too big for airfryer so done in oven which was on for roast veg anyway. Courgettes, pepper, cherry toms and mushroom. 2squares chocolate
Higher carb count than I’d like - about 14g as it was regular natural yoghurt not Greek and even low carb veg add up.
Bg been behaving all day, I hope it’s a trend.

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Day 4 of habit-breaking fortnight.
B. Cheese grilled on 2 slices of HiLo toast, black tea, black coffee
2 hour walk followed by mixed, salted nuts and diet ginger beer
Late lunch in cafe. 4 falafel, some humous and a lovely avocado, artichoke, tomato and pine nut salad, diet coke.
D. Homemade courgette frittata (the glut has begun), salad leaves, 3 giant strawberries.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays intake:
Breakfast : usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: From M &S deli range cooked squid in pureed spicy sausage (yum) Lots of water.
Supper: roasted aubergine cubs, small red onion slices, small amount of courgette slices drizzled with Greek OO and sprinkled with Italian dried herbs. Will resist afters if I can!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Dr Snoddy and @DCUKMod I think it was one of you posted the cheese and courgette fritter recipe (using gram flour) last year - they were delicious and I’d forgotten about them until now.

Reactions: Viv19

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last session of gym and swim first thing today - not back until September for range of reasons, mainly caring related - so went full on for swimming etc especially as my libre sensor only has another day to run! Did 50 lengths - so way past recommended max in water for sensor but actually it seems fine, waterproof cover clearly does the job but the extra swimming did leave me feeling especially hungry today.
Breakfast two slices of bacon, one egg and half a slice of hi lo bread toasted ( going back to trying this bread again)
Lunch about 100g of mixed cheeses, celery and started out with 20g of walnuts but still hungry so added another 20g! Followed by 20g of montezumas absolute black choc with a coffee and cream.
Dinner trout in lemon butter with asparagus and white wine with soda water followed by rhubarb mousse with spoon of cream and yoghurt and decaf coffee with 10g choc.
Off out for day tomorrow meeting a good friend in brum should be good and meeting in John Lewis cafe - so will be picking up cream supplies! So will be two meal day tomorrow as don’t do early breakfasts!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over tuna melts (I don’t think any will make it to the freezer @DJC3 !) and Mediterranean veggies followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: kedgeree made with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Last few days have been too busy to enter meals into ap, never mind translate to here. However the kitchen now looks like a room. It's amazing what a coat of paint can do, when it's applied on top of new walls and ceilings. So starting again from today because otherwise will never catch up.
16- 07-10
Breakfast: two eggs scrambled in butter, 30g portion of smoked bacon French style (cut really thin and meant to be eaten as it comes.) Sceptical, but tried a tiny bit, actually not bad, texture reminiscent of smoked salmon. Shredded and stirred into eggs, Delicious. Um have to admit the eggs and bacon were served in a medium croissant. (20g carbs) Lemon and ginger tea, teeth still under treatment.
Lunch, sald, pâté, tiny piece of baguette, water and lg tea.
Handful of mixed nuts
Dinner: avocado, mozzarella, tomatoand basil salad, served with sardines to add protein - see what I did there?
MrSlim had fried rice, with a one egg omelette on top. Then he had chocolate dessert, while I finished off the salad we shared a bottle of Cremânt de Loire, bought direct from the vineyard.
Both of us tired and still a lot to do in a week.
Tomorrow second coat of gloss paint on the doors, levelling compound on the floor. Still need underfloor heating fitted, floor tiles ( huge heavy ones) laid, grout, sealant, two coats, before we can start on the kitchen units, sink, fridge and cooker. Then there is the orchard/ garden to keep tidy. It's getting away from me. Am not strong enough to use the petrol strimmer, and shears got lost in the move. Pests are still eating my veggies and the mole(s) appear to be having a party.
Still in a week, WEEK! We will be back in UK. Very soon after that have visitors, would be useful to have functioning kitchen sink by then. Fetching water 5l at a time to wash up for eight people...Not a good scenario.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Cashew nuts
bits dark chocolate
Black coffee x 3

Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave
cwc

2 sausage
1 bacon

Double cream and blitzed seeds and freeze dried fruit

The above eaten before 1pm

Gallons water (with pinch salt in) because it’s a hot day. At least I am getting my weights exercise carrying bottles water in my hands...
Cups tea x lots...

>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Made some changes today partly for pleasure and partly for experimentation. Had breakfast - 2 slices of well buttered skinny bread toast with 2 large mugs of tea. Can't lie, very few things I have eaten in last 4 years have given as much pleasure. Had cheese after swimming then egg (1) and avocado salad. Piece of cheddar whilst visiting no 1 son and 10 cal jelly quite late when we came home. Quite concerned by how much cheese I am eating but until gout has disappeared from rear view mirror not willing to try anything else. Who'da thunk tea and toast would have seemed such a feast.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted corned silverside and tomato sandwiches.
Dinner: Beef and veggies curry with extra chillies in it the grandsons cooked.
Breakfast: Usual three egg omelette with cheese and mushroom mixed in, fatty bacon, some cherry tomatoes the possums did not get, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee and tea no additives, water.

Reactions: maglil55 and Viv19