What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Viv19

Thanks for your good wishes. I have co-codamol 30/500 gms prescribed at up to 8 tablets a day but I take them as infrequently as possible - usually only half a dose about 3 times a week, but recently I have had to take 2 half doses in a day, which I don't like because it does make me a bit groggy. I think it must be the cold, damp weather we are having here in the Hebrides which makes the aches and pains less bearable than they have been. GP laughed at me when I suggested that this week but didn't comment except to nod when I said my joints were worse than usual and my walking worse. Kind of nodded and shrugged his shoulders - my own fault for not going for surgery when I could have. At least the co-codamol does counterbalance the effects of metformin, so it's not a bad effect. Just slows everything down.

Your GP sounds a real charmer

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Away from home and in a hotel so ate breakfast and missed lunch. B= 4 cheese slices( cheddar and edam) inside 2 slices ham as 2 h/m rolitos then slices of bacon, 2 eggs and 2 tomatoes. OK and will probably have brekkie tomo but not a fan. Evening meal was cheddar cheese salad with mayo - raided Lidl and made salad at sons. Drinks were tea with cream at breakfast and soy milk at Peppa Pig/Poulton's park. Wet, cold. lots of steps no LC food so bad as I felt about it brekkie was a good idea.
@shelley262 congratulations on wedding anniversary - marriages lasting that long are becoming like hens teeth.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x boiled eggs with Marmite soldiers made from 1/2 slice of Burgen soy and Linseed bread followed by Greek yoghurt and strawberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: prawn cocktail with pork scratchings, coleslaw, cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m so late. I know I’ll regret being up this late tomorrow. Oldest daughter, granddaughters and dog all staying with us tonight so it’s been a lively evening.
Started peacefully CWC this morning. A couple of abortive attempts at getting Dennis to go for a walk in the rain - he’ll have to get used to it - rains a lot here.
Lunch was Greek style salad of leaves, Feta, olives avocado and a tiny slice of Almond and carrot cake made in the IP for visitors this aft. It tasted nice but texture a bit puddingy.
D: IP ‘roast’ chicken with roast veg and cauliflower cheese. A fair amount of wine which I blame for the late night snack attack of Feta and walnuts. I’ll regret both wine and snacks in the morning.
@shelley262 Happy Anniversary, a lovely relaxing day by the sounds of it and well done for booking up Dubrovnik. It’s on my bucket list.
@Annb and @PenguinMum Co codamol also makes me feel very spaced out on the occasions I’ve taken it. Hugs for the aches and pains in the damp weather though Ann. I agree that butter is the only way to fry mushrooms too.
Glad you got your lemon sole @PenguinMum.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
19-07-19
Breakfast: one fried egg, three rounds of French bacon and a croissant, 125g Greek yoghurt. 626 calories, 33g carb, third of the days allowance.
Disappointing weight this morning, down again, 46.9kg. 7st 5lb. You can see the result in larger than average breakfast. However checking back have been mostly short a few calories this week. Varies from -4 to -256. Obviously enough to make a difference, in spite of a couple of carb heavy days. One day way over on carbs and calories.
Lunch smoked salmon, whole tin of sardibes, salad and about 10g of yesterday's baguette, it really wasn't worth eating, so I didn't finish it.
Dinner the same salmon lasagne, carrots beans and peas, did so BG this time, but only from curiosity, not buying that again. Before eating 5.7
One hour 7.8 eek
Two hours 5.3 so not too bad after all.
Checked on the day. Under on everything
Chunk of cheese about 20g and a 75g pack of chicken breast pieces. Finally found some. Still under so another small chunk of cheese. 20g
Finally am 14 calories over for the day
Good night

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Bits dark chocolate
Cashew nuts
Black coffee x3

Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave
cwc

Bought a small cooked chicken from shop. Ate all the dangly bits on way home...

I enjoyed that.

In potting shed now with cat...cat testing out a cool/chill mat I had just gone out to pick up...I opened packet and thought rubbish, it’s going back...it’s lumpy bumpy and hard...but cat said “Mine!”...who am I to argue with a cat?

So rest of food is 2 dark chocolate Brazil nuts which was also in that Amazon parcel, and for drinks there are cups of tea, and a small (ish) sherry. I think some pork scratchings are hiding behind my tablet...only a tiny packet...(honest)...

Cat has got off chill/cool mat which was on my lap, it is very cold...it was only an add on item for £3, my leg is freezing cold, and it is nicely cooling off my over heating iPhone. For £3, I think will keep lumpy bumpy hard chill mat...it has a purpose...it might even keep food chilled?

>^••^<

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @SaskiaKC all good in your world today? I like to know you and the KC are ok. Are you fed up of the lunar landings celebrations yet? My father got up in the night to watch it, I asked but wasnt allowed so I did what I always did crept down the enclosed stairs and watched through the tongue and groove paneling, bit like watching through a keyhole. Bet not many watched it like that!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 - Ah 1975 was a good year. It was our 44th anniversary at the end of June. Next year I must see if I can finally get my longed for river cruise (assuming I feel inclined to renew our passports). Many congratulations. @DJC3 - Congratulations to you too (and Dennis). Looking forward to seeing the article. @Annb - I too don't do well with co-codemal. Knocks me do lally (or perhaps I was that way anyway.
I'm enjoying a rare bit of peace. Having taken son shopping yesterday, I decided to do a mini shop but get it delivered. Like @Annb I'm trying to run the freezer down a bit. We're away a week tomorrow and I really need some space. Hubby is at the football so I'm sitting in the sunshine (a break in the downpours) just listening to the breeze and the birds.
Friday - gardeners were here first thing so I had to nip out as they like their bacon rolls.
Bed 6.9 FBG 7.9
B. TAG with ADOC, a bit of a Mattesons sausage and a fried egg.
L. Nothing. Was on the Costco run.
D. A lamb gigot chop I'd extracted from the freezer. I rubbed it with olive oil, rosemary and lemon then air fried it for 10 mins with asparagus, veggie fries. Had to have mint sauce.
Remains of Morrisons LC ice cream with raspberries.
Saturday Bed 7.8 FBG 6.9.
As I said , Hubby is at the football and I'm so happy I did a delivery. Rain is coming down in torrents every so often with pleasant sun in between. Had an mini attack of the munchies.
B. TAG with ADOC. Over a period of 3 hours I ate 3 baby bel and 1/2 a Mattesons sausage.
L. A joyful experience. To stop nibbling I made another skinny bread but as 6 rolls this time. I'd forgotten the joy of a crusty roll. I'd forgotten how good a simple ham salad roll could be.
A still warm, skinny bread roll with lettuce, tomato, mayo and ham and butter melting on it. Cup of veggie broth.
D. 1.5 kebabs of some carni type from the freezer with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and 1/2 avocado and mayo of course.
Toying with making a sugar free jelly.
@ianpspurs - Peppa Pig world is not sounding a joyful experience?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Your GP sounds a real charmer

Actually my GP is very plain spoken but not always serious. Charmer he's not. Last time a nurse had problems getting blood from me he suggested that she should punch me on the nose and get some that way! He's normally a pretty reasonable doctor, if a little old-fashioned when it comes to diabetes, but I think he's getting a bit fed up of me (recent problems with my kidneys leading to monthly blood tests) and anyway, there was a student in with him and I think he was probably "showing off " a bit.He's a bit of an action man type and a bit offhand with his comments sometimes. I'll be annoying him again in about a fortnight - he doesn't want to see me, but I'll be chasing him for the results of my c-peptide test which should be back by then.

Reactions: Viv19 and ianpspurs

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgot to say in my last post -
Breakfast - last of the mushrooms, some fried aubergine and a couple of eggs, poached in soya sauce and lemon juice. Better than it sounds.
Lunch - some yoghurt and a few peanuts.
Dinner is going to be courgette fritters and maybe some salad, if I can be bothered by the time I've done the fritters.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 - Ah 1975 was a good year. It was our 44th anniversary at the end of June. Next year I must see if I can finally get my longed for river cruise (assuming I feel inclined to renew our passports). Many congratulations. @DJC3 - Congratulations to you too (and Dennis). Looking forward to seeing the article. @Annb - I too don't do well with co-codemal. Knocks me do lally (or perhaps I was that way anyway.
I'm enjoying a rare bit of peace. Having taken son shopping yesterday, I decided to do a mini shop but get it delivered. Like @Annb I'm trying to run the freezer down a bit. We're away a week tomorrow and I really need some space. Hubby is at the football so I'm sitting in the sunshine (a break in the downpours) just listening to the breeze and the birds.
Friday - gardeners were here first thing so I had to nip out as they like their bacon rolls.
Bed 6.9 FBG 7.9
B. TAG with ADOC, a bit of a Mattesons sausage and a fried egg.
L. Nothing. Was on the Costco run.
D. A lamb gigot chop I'd extracted from the freezer. I rubbed it with olive oil, rosemary and lemon then air fried it for 10 mins with asparagus, veggie fries. Had to have mint sauce.
Remains of Morrisons LC ice cream with raspberries.
Saturday Bed 7.8 FBG 6.9.
As I said , Hubby is at the football and I'm so happy I did a delivery. Rain is coming down in torrents every so often with pleasant sun in between. Had an mini attack of the munchies.
B. TAG with ADOC. Over a period of 3 hours I ate 3 baby bel and 1/2 a Mattesons sausage.
L. A joyful experience. To stop nibbling I made another skinny bread but as 6 rolls this time. I'd forgotten the joy of a crusty roll. I'd forgotten how good a simple ham salad roll could be.
A still warm, skinny bread roll with lettuce, tomato, mayo and ham and butter melting on it. Cup of veggie broth.
D. 1.5 kebabs of some carni type from the freezer with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and 1/2 avocado and mayo of course.
Toying with making a sugar free jelly.
@ianpspurs - Peppa Pig world is not sounding a joyful experience?
Re Peppa Pig World: - The girls loved it and Julie was adamant they had to go and stupidly went on a ride with one of them. She needed tramadol to move this morning. I am still running on the hotel breakfast and basking in a told you so glow (not said a word) - as if I would. To wilful (wo)men, their injuries that they themselves procure must be their schoolmasters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19 and maglil55

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Re Peppa Pig World: - The girls loved it and Julie was adamant they had to go and stupidly went on a ride with one of them. She needed tramadol to move this morning. I am still running on the hotel breakfast and basking in a told you so glow (not said a word) - as if I would. To wilful (wo)men, their injuries that they themselves procure must be their schoolmasters.

You poor old man, as full of grief as age; wretched in both!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Basic story is a 2MAD but several layers of learning in there. Breakfast in Hotel - self-harm and confirmation bias in 1 meal - who knew? 2 slices of cheese rolled inside what could have been ham. 2 poached eggs 2 tomatoes and 2 rashers of bacon (sausages looked like frankenfood). 1 miniature croissant and butter. The bacon and ham were the self harm and purely because they were there. The croissant was a poor example of the ilk but soo still up my street - extra large almond ones by the pool in a Bastide town with h/m yellow egg jam would be in a different galaxy to anything lc. Evening meal was large avocado, h/b egg and cheese salad with my trusty vinaigrette - that too confirmed as in a whole other league to most lc food for me. One man's meat really is another man's poison. 2 meals massive learning day. Take my own avocado and sliced skinny bread (for toasting and smashing) to hotels in future or better yet avoid them - although I slept longer than at home.
Yellow egg = yellow Pershore plum but certainly sold as apricot.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher the chicken’s dangly bits made me laugh a lot. Thank you! Glad the lumpy cool mat was met with approval.
@maglil55 I do hope you get to go in your river cruise soon. I went up the Rhine with middle daughter a couple of years ago, we loved it.
Today’s breakfast 1 bacon 1 egg and a slice of the lc toast I made a loaf with oat fibre. It looked good ( apart from purplish tinge due to this brand of psyllium) but I wasn’t keen on the texture - sort of waxy and spongy like an undercooked crumpet.
Lunch cold leftover chicken and guacamole in a sandwich of same bread - no better. 2 squares 90% chocolate.
Dinner last of the cold chicken and salad. A slice of the lc carrot & almond cake I made yesterday. I liked it better today.
I found some lemon verbena in a pot I’d planted a year or 2 ago. Amazingly still healthy so made tea with it - very refreshing.
IMG_0553.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
High energy expenditure day today looking after youngest sons very young lively dog - about to take on yet another walk after playing in the garden, we will sleep even if he dosent! Ate more too than usual - felt quite a hungry day.
Breakfast half slice Hilo toasted, one sausage, slice of bacon, and egg
Lunch lots of lc seeded crispbreads, about 20g of walnuts, chicken leg and cheese plus a few squares of 100% choc
Mid pm nibbled even more lc seeded crispbreads- too easy to eat lots so it’s good that each only 0.2g of carbs!
Dinner chicken curry with - you’ve guessed it - more crispbreads! Also glass of fizz. Pudding SF jelly with spoon of yoghurt and cream followed by about 20g of choc.
Just off to walk off that extra choc!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Let me know how you get on. I made them tonight and they were delicious with lovely crunchy edges.
Just had the courgette fritters, fried in butter and a little pat of butter on top. They were very good. I had 3 but wanted more. I figured that I ought to stop because the chick pea flour is 50 something percent carb which means when I had about half of the mixture, I had 25 + grams of carb. I'll see what it does to my BG in about an hour.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a feeling that I'd done this already today, but can't see a post anywhere so if I have, please forgive -
Breakfast - the last of the mushrooms fried with the last of the aubergines and 2 eggs poached in soya sauce and lemon juice - sounds odd but it worked for me.
Lunch - a few peanuts and some yoghurt
Dinner - lovely new recipe (for me) courgette fritters. I didn't bother with the salad I was intending to make - found I only had cucumber and spring onions in, so didn't bother. Just some butter on top of the fritters. Lovely.