What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Day 8 of setting myself an example! However, a lack of forward planning has led to some basic school girl errors.
B. Eggs scrambled with chopped red chilli and baby plum tomatoes. Black tea, black coffee.
L in cafe. Large cheese omelette and mushrooms.
1 hour walk.
Snack. Half quinoa scone then 3 blackberries and 2 small plums foraged during the walk.
D. 2 slices of gravadlax, salad, some tinned bean salad. Then rhubarb and Greek yoghurt and lots of nuts.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Another marathon work day for us both.
Have only just come in from watering the garden. And it's bedtime.
20- 07-19
Breakfast
Mixed nuts, avocado, 2 eggs m, spinach beet. LG tea
Mid morning LG tea
Lunch: veg crudites, hommous, ktipiti, cheese and taboulé
Mid afternoon 2 biscuits with my lg tea
Dinner: pork belly, Sort of ratatouille, pasta( carefully counted wholewheat penne, a d a mushroom,green pepper sauce made with Crême French and mustard.
Three glasses of Crêmant de Loire, celebrating kitchen floor. Sounds mad but Mr Slim thinks fourteen days of work altogether. Since we started with bare earth. Major job. I painted the shower room door. Final coat of gloss, yippee. Started tidying the veg garden. It's been a bit neglected. Now got blistered fingers from shears, lawn mower still in repair shop, strimmer, (new, only 2 months ago) refusing to start. Saturday afternoon, nothing doing until Monday. Will get the tractor out tomorrow, but lots of places it can't get to.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All :D

A fab day.
Puppy play class.
The Little One was soooo over-excited to be there. Obviously happy memories from last time.
She was the smallest in the class, and I was a little concerned she might get splatted by a clumsy lab or german shepherd pup.
Oh no.
She had learned her lessons well, last time.
Her Splat Protection Technique - when a clumsy splatterer approached - was to stand between the feet of the nearest human.
Didn’t matter if that human was me, Mr B, or a complete stranger.
Delightful to watch.
She gave everyone a run for their money and thoroughly enjoyed herself.
We just stood back and watched her charm the humans, play social butterfly to the other pups, and make a special friend in the shape of a cockerpoo (who was bigger than her, but obligingly let herself be wrestled to the ground while Jasmine danced on her tummy). Oh, and climb on everyone’s lap in order try to weedle treats. Little madam. :D

B: bone broth
L: cheesy mince
D: out. Chose chicken breast and gouda wrapped in prosciutto. Left all the veg. V small chicken breast! Getting peckish again, now.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Fresh caught blue claw yabbies from the dam out at the block, cooked to perfection on hot coals in the fire pit.
Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, fat smokey bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no additives, water.

The water in the tanks and dam is getting low at the block, really hoping it rains shortly, if push come to shove I will have buy 5000 litres for the tanks. This way some water will flow down to the dam.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: last left over tuna melt and left over prawn cocktail, leafy salad and two orange rapture tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and LC chocolate granola. (I thought I’d post a dessert pic today :))
Mid afternoon: birthday cake carb killa bar and black coffee.
Dinner at Hungry Horse: chicken skewers, stir fried veg, coleslaw and side salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola at home.

C6E1AC5F-31CE-4BD0-BC35-61BD8BCFB4ED.jpeg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today’s intake:
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: cold chicken, Little Gem leaves, mayo.
Supper: (out) Heritage tomato starter with creamy goats cheese followed by moules (not as good as Cornwall but didnt expect them to be) and some skinny chips. Waterand then coffee.

Viv19

Actually my GP is very plain spoken but not always serious. Charmer he's not. Last time a nurse had problems getting blood from me he suggested that she should punch me on the nose and get some that way! He's normally a pretty reasonable doctor, if a little old-fashioned when it comes to diabetes, but I think he's getting a bit fed up of me (recent problems with my kidneys leading to monthly blood tests) and anyway, there was a student in with him and I think he was probably "showing off " a bit.He's a bit of an action man type and a bit offhand with his comments sometimes. I'll be annoying him again in about a fortnight - he doesn't want to see me, but I'll be chasing him for the results of my c-peptide test which should be back by then.

He does sound a bit of a prat - silly man.

Reactions: DJC3 and gennepher

Viv19

Forgot yesterday’s food.
Tea
Breakfast scrambled eggs, toasted LC roll, a tspn hm black currant jam (made last year with only 1/3 pectin sugar - delicious, tart). Cwc
Lunch LC bread with cheese, yoghurt with berries.
Sometime during the day nuts, cwc
Evening Tried a version of JO recipe. Cod instead of monkfish, rolled up in a ‘similar to’ parma ham. It should have been spread with pureed dried toms in oil, but I used red pesto (made with dried toms), then roasted. Sort of ok, I’ve eaten the real version before and that was better. Had that with some leaves, toms, red onion slices with Parmesan shavings on top.
We’ve been working on the stairs from veranda down to mini deck and garden. Nothing works as it’s supposed to. Part of the frame needs replacing.
The worst job is to stop the evil weeds coming through. They suddenly went mad when we were away. There’s no way of poisoning them, (it’s the kind with running white roots, even a tiny piece of root left will let it survive). Under the veranda and steps is filled with rocks. Our challenge, and it’s only us to do it, is to remove all the rocks, lay a double thickness of black weed suppressing plastic, and put the rocks back. Back breaking work.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys
Our 44th wedding anniversary today - had a lovely indulgent restful day with no caring, some good food and we booked our next holiday - one just for the two of us for a change.
Breakfast bacon, egg and half slice Hilo bread toasted
Lunch lc seeded crispbreads ( made new batch this AM) mushroom and Camembert omelette followed by 100% choc
Dinner steak, celeriac chips, onions, one tomato and mushroom sauce , also red wine followed by sf jellyand cream.
So excited having booked our holiday - going back to Dubrovnik, we went on short break 7 years ago and was one of my fave places but had at a difficult time in our lives and always planned to go back in happier times.....
Early start tomorrow as picking up youngest sons dog who is coming to stay whilst he and partner go to US.
@Goonergal and @Debandez have a brilliant weekend at real food rocks - love to be there with you but was pre booked to dog sit!
It's been amazing @shelley262 hopefully we can all make it next year :) happy anniversary, hope you had a lovely day.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten today

Handful of cashew nuts

cwc x2

Eggs and cheese thrown in microwave
cwc

Bits dark chocolate
Black coffee x2

Fried mushrooms and fried chicken in butter

Handful freeze dried fruit
Cup of tea

Fancied another handful freeze dried fruit
Cuppa tea

Cuppa teas and water

>^..^<

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher - I do smile at your microwave getting things thrown at it
Bed 7.4 FBG 7. No horrid surges but my legs were causing a lot of problems. Busily working on them now and forced to take paracetamol. One advantage though, Hubby finally taking on the IP under direction from me from my seat.
Been rewatching Spooks. I'm surprised how much I had forgotten. That program was ahead of its time.
B. TAG with ADOC. Made up another skinny roll but with Philadelphia and ham this time.
L. Water and paracetamol! Legs are improving so time to look see what Hubby is doing to my IP.
D. Usual campari and soda. Chicken cacciatore is on the go currently. Will have cauliflower mash, broccoli and a mix of greens with it. Jelly & berries. Made it last night but didn't have it then.

Looking forward to getting away next week but it's going to be a busy week before I get there.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hug @maglil55 for the problem legs. Been there and it's no fun.
Breakfast today - another couple of small courgette fritters with a couple of slices of bacon and a couple of eggs, which should have been fried, but they both broke in the pan and ended up being sort of scrambled.
No lunch but some milky drinks - I've run out of proper milk and am reduced to using UHT, which I cannot take in tea but I can take as milky coffee and just to drink. So one cup of tea today and the rest have been UHT milk.
Dinner tonight will be lamb tagine out of the freezer - probably too much in the pot for one meal so might have it tomorrow as well.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home so no B, just tea until around 14.00 hrs. NE1 was 210 gms Fage 5% and 10 cal jelly. Had some cheddar mid afternoon mid shed clearance, NE2 was avocado and chicken salad with some h/m mayo and well sprinkled with chia seeds. Had 4 cherries bought from farm shop in Bucks - seems Bucks is the county for cherries - and they were spiffing. @maglil55 by coincidence we have been re-watching Spooks over several weeks and since last Sunday a lull in my kinda sport except Mr H Kane's rather special goal this afternoon.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. So much to catch up on. Apologies for the long post.

@shelley262 and @maglil55 happy anniversaries.

@Brunneria the puppy play class sounds fun. Loving the idea of a ‘splat protection technique’

Wonderful weekend at the Real Food Rocks Festival, the report on which will begin with some shameless name dropping. Taxi pulled up on Friday to furious waving by Jen Unwin who then - even better - shared her bag of Awfully Posh Pork crackling with me. Food intake was a Carb Killer bar (my first and last) grabbed on Lancaster station. Just as well I didn’t enjoy it as BG shot up into the 9s. Supplemented by a small bag of peanuts. Dinner was half a roast chicken, a fried egg and grated cheese in a cafe in Ambleside.

Saturday - more name dropping. Nothing like having ones food choices vindicated - Dr David Unwin was seen wandering around eating a pot of cream with a spoon. Very large food intake - bag of delicious lamb crackling (see pic), way way too many low carb brownies and clotted cream (see pic), bunless burger, spit roasted lamb, hog roast (extra crackling) and more brownies. Lovely to see @Debandez again and to meet @rhubarb73 and a few low carb celebs. Bought some hand cured charcuterie, mayonnaise and a few packs of lamb crackling home.

Hog roast was being served in lo-dough wraps (which I declined) and one of the cookery demos featured much discussion of the merits of slow cookers and Instant Pots.

David Unwin’s talk about his animals was one of my highlights - he home produces all his meat.

Today has been a bits and pieces day. Nuts, chocolate and lamb crackling on the train, Nando’s at Euston and some nuts at home.

@Dr Snoddy I’ll be joining you on the straight and narrow tomorrow.

Attachments

• 77DD1EF8-DC74-42AB-90B9-7EB6688CF361.jpeg
    77DD1EF8-DC74-42AB-90B9-7EB6688CF361.jpeg
    656.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 781CC7A7-470F-458D-8906-6AE34DFB8A8C.jpeg
    781CC7A7-470F-458D-8906-6AE34DFB8A8C.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 275
  • 24AD3F22-3AC4-4CBD-8218-90AF76530711.jpeg
    24AD3F22-3AC4-4CBD-8218-90AF76530711.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 8CF6E678-400B-499C-A613-B182D14B5388.jpeg
    8CF6E678-400B-499C-A613-B182D14B5388.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 284

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Day 9 of getting back in the groove but some derailment possible.
B. Half a HiLo toast with butter and vegemite, black tea, black coffee.
This was anticipation of eating and drinking lots of samples at the International Food Fair. We arrived at opening in order to head off the competition. Lots of interesting cheeses, olives, relishes, pickles, freshly made Thai snacks, Tunisian vege salads etc and then some more unusual products like aubergine and mushroom spread, sorrel pesto, spiced sea buckthorn seeds and seaweed flavoured rum. I also tried freshly cooked Doughlicious low carb cookies and various 85% chocolates.
Walked down Regents Canal to Limehouse and had lunch on route.
L. Salad of 3 types of raw beetroot, peas, avocado, quinoa, and pumpkin seeds.
Snack. Mixed salted nuts
D. Salad of avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves, 2 courgette and cheese fritters.
@Goonergal . I look forward to some moral support. Now I just need to conquer the nut addiction and reduce the portion sizes. Glad you had a really fun weekend!

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. So much to catch up on. Apologies for the long post.

@shelley262 and @maglil55 happy anniversaries.

@Brunneria the puppy play class sounds fun. Loving the idea of a ‘splat protection technique’

Wonderful weekend at the Real Food Rocks Festival, the report on which will begin with some shameless name dropping. Taxi pulled up on Friday to furious waving by Jen Unwin who then - even better - shared her bag of Awfully Posh Pork crackling with me. Food intake was a Carb Killer bar (my first and last) grabbed on Lancaster station. Just as well I didn’t enjoy it as BG shot up into the 9s. Supplemented by a small bag of peanuts. Dinner was half a roast chicken, a fried egg and grated cheese in a cafe in Ambleside.

Saturday - more name dropping. Nothing like having ones food choices vindicated - Dr David Unwin was seen wandering around eating a pot of cream with a spoon. Very large food intake - bag of delicious lamb crackling (see pic), way way too many low carb brownies and clotted cream (see pic), bunless burger, spit roasted lamb, hog roast (extra crackling) and more brownies. Lovely to see @Debandez again and to meet @rhubarb73 and a few low carb celebs. Bought some hand cured charcuterie, mayonnaise and a few packs of lamb crackling home.

Hog roast was being served in lo-dough wraps (which I declined) and one of the cookery demos featured much discussion of the merits of slow cookers and Instant Pots.

David Unwin’s talk about his animals was one of my highlights - he home produces all his meat.

Today has been a bits and pieces day. Nuts, chocolate and lamb crackling on the train, Nando’s at Euston and some nuts at home.

@Dr Snoddy I’ll be joining you on the straight and narrow tomorrow.
Wonderful @Goonergal soundslike an amazing experience and some terrific food too.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: got what I thought was a frozen portion of chicken balti curry out of the freezer last night to defrost, but turned out to be chicken chasseur :banghead:I ate it with the cauliflower rice I’d already prepared, it was nice anyway :joyful:, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Surprising for me OMAD day - doubt I’d manage it if I planned it.
CWC this morning
Mid afternoon lunch of IP 4 minute beef, buttery cabbage, cauliflower cheese and roast veg. Strawberries and clotted cream. 2 small glasses red wine.
Will stick to herbal tea type drinks this evening.
@Goonergal and Dr Snoddy both your food festivals sounds brilliant. Any other weekend you might have bumped into each other walking down Regents canal!
Hugs for the leg problems @maglil55 but at least you are managing to train Mr M in the magic of the IP - hope he is a model pupil.
@SlimLizzy and @Viv19 such hard manual labour will surely have a good effect on both your bg readings.
Got the Sun photographer coming tomorrow morning so Dennis and I have both washed our hair. His looks a lot better than mine I have to say.