What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
My BG is actually not that good... went up on me yesterday morning to 7 and 8 this morning... highest ever :(
Ahhhh... that's worrying, I know... was that fasting numbers? I get a liver-dump most mornings, so I have cacao, coconut oil, butter, peanut butter and sweetener (a little) to take to bed... it helps to feed me in the night I think.... Really, your day was very good - just right as far as I could see... Maybe a bit less protein - cheese is lovely, but most people seem to limit it a bit... but keep at it, at check out the low-carb sites for recipes - there are some awesome things out there to eat... none of which have carbs... :) Today I had two eggs fried in butter on a couple of slices of my best 'bread'... a bowl of chilli, (with red beans!) cheese on top and another slice of my 'bread', spread thickly with butter... chicken soup for supper made by poaching a whole, small chook with baby marrow (or courgettes), onion, celery, garlic and half a carrot and half a leek, then strain the liquid when you take the chicken out... add an organic veg stock cube (or chicken of course) and fresh veg and herbs.... throw some of the lovely, soft chicken in your bowl when you serve and have with a couple of slices of thickly buttered 'bread'... :) Don't get worried or lose heart - we've all been there... and are still there a lot of the time! Have you visited the 'What Was Your Fasting BG This Morning'... or words to that effect... :) Everyone posts every day and you can see what they're all doing... loads of advice and support on here... :) Good luck...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh yes, good coffee and raw cocoa powder. Very rich. I'm thinking of milling the chia, reducing the amount of water and adding in some double cream to make a sort of mocha mousse.
Yep, spot on.. that's what I do... I travel a lot and even take tubs with it all in and a bowl and make it in the room... take out all the cokes and things and put it in the fridge... :) I may have to add an espresso tonight when I make it... sounds wonderful..... having just been told by researchers that people who drink three cups of coffee a day live longer, I now believe I shall live to 200!! :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lebale wise there isn't much sugar in that one. But that's what label says. I don't drink much anyway

Hi pam.. Prem51 is right - all squashes are probably not good for you really.... :(

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We (myself and daughter) made pizza using the recipe for the base we found here on the forum, with mozzarella, cream cheese and almond flour. It is an absolute winner and so easy to do, no faffing around with yeast and kneading.
Had half a one (got carried away lol) and can't get over just how great it was. We had some home made tomato sauce, mix of pecorino and Red Leicester, couple bits of chorizo, jalapeños, and basil leaves. Lush:D

This sounds really great... proportions please, if you can find the recipe - although by now I can probably work it out no problem..:) How to bake it though? One year on I'm still low-carb-high-fat, still no meds and still the same weight.... :) I tried a piece of puff-pastry a couple of weeks ago... I made a chicken pot-pie, with puff pastry for my husband, which was lovely, so I thought I'd try the 'lid' as my BG was around 4.5 - 6.2... hah! Big mistake... It rocked me up to over 8!! Still diabetic then... :) I love pecorino....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
How can u people live on just coffee in the morning?!
Easy... three espresso whizzed till creamy in the Nutri-Bullet with a large tablespoon of good butter and another of coconut oil... Bullet Proof Coffee... keep you going for hours... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B. White coffee with sweetener.
L. Slice of toasted Burgen with unsalted butter and no added sugar peanut butter, green tea with peppermint infusion.
S. Goan lamb and spinach curry, dhal and whole wholegrain rice and quinoa. Peanut butter cookie and double cream. 2 squares of 70% cocoa raspberry dark chocolate.

After 9pm, Australian Merlot, and two babybels.
I couldn't have the bread, dhal, rice, cookies or 70% - only 85% really.... You must have good BG, mine would rocket with that - lots of fibre in the dhal and quinoa though... always good... :)

pam_x_pam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ahhhh... that's worrying, I know... was that fasting numbers? I get a liver-dump most mornings, so I have cacao, coconut oil, butter, peanut butter and sweetener (a little) to take to bed... it helps to feed me in the night I think.... Really, your day was very good - just right as far as I could see... Maybe a bit less protein - cheese is lovely, but most people seem to limit it a bit... but keep at it, at check out the low-carb sites for recipes - there are some awesome things out there to eat... none of which have carbs... :) Today I had two eggs fried in butter on a couple of slices of my best 'bread'... a bowl of chilli, (with red beans!) cheese on top and another slice of my 'bread', spread thickly with butter... chicken soup for supper made by poaching a whole, small chook with baby marrow (or courgettes), onion, celery, garlic and half a carrot and half a leek, then strain the liquid when you take the chicken out... add an organic veg stock cube (or chicken of course) and fresh veg and herbs.... throw some of the lovely, soft chicken in your bowl when you serve and have with a couple of slices of thickly buttered 'bread'... :) Don't get worried or lose heart - we've all been there... and are still there a lot of the time! Have you visited the 'What Was Your Fasting BG This Morning'... or words to that effect... :) Everyone posts every day and you can see what they're all doing... loads of advice and support on here... :) Good luck...
Yeah thats first thing in the morning so fasting. I may be coming down with something, my throat is a bit sore and a bit of cough so maybe that why.
I feel awful to be honest. I am on my 3rd day today and I have never (thats a lie right here lol) felt so bad.... I dont know if its the lack of carbs, detox, or my other health issues trying to get best of me, but my head is absolutely killing me, I can just about move around and my stomach is just one big pain... its not that I am hungry... I dont really know how to explain this! I would drink some tea and this stomach feeling goes away for few mins and comes back... I feel exactly same as before they diagnosed IIH so maybe its just flaring up again. Ugh...

I still dont get how people can live on coffee :p I cant stand the smell of coffee :p Never mind the taste.

I will stay away from squash. Black tea it is from now... and water. Loadz!

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
This sounds really great... proportions please, if you can find the recipe - although by now I can probably work it out no problem..:) How to bake it though? One year on I'm still low-carb-high-fat, still no meds and still the same weight.... :) I tried a piece of puff-pastry a couple of weeks ago... I made a chicken pot-pie, with puff pastry for my husband, which was lovely, so I thought I'd try the 'lid' as my BG was around 4.5 - 6.2... hah! Big mistake... It rocked me up to over 8!! Still diabetic then... :) I love pecorino....

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-pizza-cracked-it-1st-time.86260/

There we go Susi! Did it on grease proof paper on a flattish oven tray. Hope it works out well x

jacqui-anne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far I've had bacon, mushrooms and 2 fried eggs for brekkie, and don't feel like eating another bite for a few hours at least!

Reactions: 8 people

pam_x_pam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Okey so today far I had
B- almond pancakes
S- cheese and ham bites
D- spicy meatballs with pickled soured cucumbers (<0.7g carbs per 100g. Gotta love Polish cusine ) and some cheese

No Lunch...

That's pretty much it... don't feel like eating today... managed to do 8g of carbs today! According to my fitness pal anyways...

Reactions: 6 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. Porridge, cream, cranberries, stevia . Tea

L. Tiniest end of loaf + 3 Ryvita, buttered with pate, water

S. Mug of tea

D. 4 pork chipolatas on a bed of mashed berlotti beans, cauli, broccoli with lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt & pepper. With gravy of fried onion, chopped tomato, chicken stock, dried basil.

S. Mug tea 2 Rich Tea biscuits

Reactions: 4 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Nowt - just not hungry.
Lunch: Chocolate orange cream cheese pancakes
Tea (provided by work!): Ribeye steak with stilton (my suggestion) and I'm having a large salad with mine which I'm taking wth me.
Supper: 20g Brazil nuts.

Myfitnesspal calculates this as 16g carbs. Hoping this will put me back in to ketosis after my recent All Day Breakfast mistake.
Ok so chocolate orange cream cheese pancakes - I have to ask for the recipe for this!

Reactions: 2 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Bacon & eggs
L: blue cheese with 3 Carr's Original crackers (2.5g carbs per cracker)
D: v yummy homemade prawn curry with cauli rice; chocolate brownie vanilla cheesecake with raspberries

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B 1 slice. Burgen toast & cheese
L. Cream of cauliflower soup,(made with stock from ham joint, yum!) plain omelette
D. Ham from joint (cooked in pressure cooker), cauliflower cheese, green beans
S. Walnuts, almonds, cube applewood smoked cheese

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Chipolatas, Mushroom, Tomato, Tea

L: Hot Smoked Salmon, Acocado, Salad Leaves, Vinaigrette

D: Duck Breast in a Red Wine & Redcurrant Jelly Sauce, Cauliflower Mash, other Green Veg

Stilton & Borsin with 2 Jacobs Savours crackers & 2 grapes

Copious amounts of Jacobs Creek Shiraz