What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over brocolli and cauliflower cheese and Mediterranean veg followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken supreme and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over brocolli and cauliflower cheese and Mediterranean veg followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken supreme and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

How do you do the porridge please

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Tea, tea, tea then 2 RyVita and some tinned sardines at 2 pm
Some cheese with 3 small plum tomatoes and 6 pickled silverskin onions about 5 pm. More tea
2 onion frittatas cooked in silicone cupcake cups and a spoonful of chopped salad and more tea at 8.30 pm.
I'll have to have some more fluids tonight before I go to bed because I'm nowhere near the 2 Litres I should have had today.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I’ve forgotten a couple of days posts, can barely remember yesterday’s grub as daughter and her partner moved in with us and Mr C had driven down with a lorry load of furniture we had to cram into our tiny cottage. It looks cosy ( ie a bit cramped) now.
Today we all had brunch together which was lovely. Scrambled egg, smoked salmon and avocado for daughter&me. Bacon rolls for her partner and Mr C
Dinner was DD keto bacon cheeseburgers which were fab. A couple of lc Bounty bites afterwards.
@ziggy_w it’s so good to see you back!

Viv19

Tea, tea, tea then 2 RyVita and some tinned sardines at 2 pm
Some cheese with 3 small plum tomatoes and 6 pickled silverskin onions about 5 pm. More tea
2 onion frittatas cooked in silicone cupcake cups and a spoonful of chopped salad and more tea at 8.30 pm.
I'll have to have some more fluids tonight before I go to bed because I'm nowhere near the 2 Litres I should have had today.

Looks like you’re doing well Annb

Reactions: maglil55

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch yesterday: Toasted Herman Brot low carb bread and vegimite.
Dinner: Spicy seafood marinara, with a reheated portion of pasta cooked as per Micheal Mosleys tv show.
Breakfast: Usual three cage egg, mushroom and cheese omelette, fat smoky cooking bacon, possum patch tomatoes, Zarella Farms reheated lower carb spudlite potato.

Drinks: Black coffee (Robert Timms), black tea (Nerada) no sugars or sweeteners, ½ bottle of Eagle Hawk Merlot, water from the Bundaberg water supply.

A nice 27° temp for a sunny, late winters day yesterday...
Sounds nice apart from the caged hens eggs :-(

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m still able to buy cauliflowers, but they are quite small. Bought a couple and riced them for the freezer yesterday just in case.
I’ll start freezing blackberries again soon - like you I had a load in the freezer from last year but finally used them up a month or 2 ago so I’m glad to see so many around now. There’s a fairly quiet lane along the top of our house which is bursting with brambles, unfortunately quite a lot of stinging nettles too so some just aren’t accessible.
They have them in my local aldi but are small and nearly a quid.

Reactions: DJC3

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started off yesterday with a quite good, esp for me these day, 5.9 and this was despite having roughly 2 hrs sleep.
Breakfast was roasted caerphilly cheese and sliced tomato 1 and half slices of wholemeal toast and a cuppa.
late lunch of 2 lamb chops and half a tin of ratatouille. Bg 2hrs later was lovely 5.2
After spending rest of day with my daughter building a door for our shed I succumbed to " can we have a takeaway mum "Must admit I didn't hesitate for long...which resulted in sweet and sour chicken and noodles for me ...followed by 6 yes 6 chocolate biscuits ...talk about in for a penny in for a pound !.... which gave me a 14.9 reading I know very silly . Bg back down to a better level this morning 7.3 .

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast about 0930 today because I had to go for a blood test in Stornoway. Didn't want to leave it too long and possibly drop down to illegal levels (have done that before) although I thought it very unlikely. Anyway - tea and pills, 2 more of the frittatas from last night and some more of the salad.

Lunch - some slices of gruyere cheese and more tea.

Dinner will be chicken and vegetables from the freezer.

I was amazed today - I had asked one of the doctors in our Group Practice to organise a c-peptide test for me and finally was told that it was back but I couldn't be told the result without talking to a doctor. I arranged for one of the GPs to call me this afternoon with the result, which she did. C-peptide was in the normal range so I am producing insulin but the amount of insulin in my blood was, she considered, high. She reckons I am insulin resistant, which is what I had thought but - here is the amazing thing - she suggested that I go low carb to try to bring BG down and then reduce insulin! I told her that I have been doing that for over a year with little result but I also told her that I am looking at intermittent fasting and have been trying that for the last few days. She was very encouraging and said I should keep going but to be aware that I could go into a hypo. It's the first time I've spoken to her about diabetes and all the rest of the GPs and nurses seem to be very anti low carbing. I shall be going to see her in future. Also just got my appointment letter for the diabetes clinic - the end of October. I am supposed to see them every 6 months and the last time was in January. I was about to contact them and ask what was going on but I'll leave it and get on with the IF and see what happens.

Next week is going to be a bit of a test - Gdaughter is 7 next Wednesday and instead of a birthday party she has asked to come to me and make her own birthday cake and some cupcakes to take to school. Lots of sugary stuff around. Not that I actually like sugar, but sometimes it is a temptation. I do like cake though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb that’s great news about your GP being informed and supportive of your low carb and fasting approach. Sounds like a keeper! Good luck with the baking next week, could you go round to her house to do it with her? That’s what I do now if my granddaughters want to make ordinary cakes, then at least I don’t have to keep half used packs of sugar etc around.
@mojo37 how did you feel after your BG spike. I feel quite ill these days if I’ve gone too high.Its not the high reading itself, it’s the comedown afterwards. A good thing really as it keeps me more or less on the straight&narrow!
NE1 was 2 eggs 1 slice Gouda and a flaxseed bun
NE2 Baked salmon with an avocado, tomato and lime salsa.
CWC to drink this morning and tea this aft.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yippee my ordered ‘deliciously guilt free’ cakes arrived today in time for tomorrow when I’m meeting up with some very good friends in Birmingham and wanted to celebrate seeing them with sharing some lc gluten free birthday cake as it was my birthday earlier in the month! I did chase them as was concerned they may not arrive on time but, although I didn’t pay postage as put a larger order in, they paid for next day signed for delivery to make sure they arrived in time. They seem great guys and - even more importantly- a quick obligatory tasting session revealed an amazing taste and texture - recommended! Even OH - not a low carber - was impressed. Tried the double choc brownie and the salted caramel nut brownie - yum. Also bought some lemon drizzle but putin freezer for next trip to mum who is also diabetic but loves lemon drizzle!
Breakfast one slice of Hilo toast with bacon and egg
Lunch cheese and celery followed by tastes of new cakes. I warmed the caramel nut brownie and had with some cream it tasted a bit treacly wonderful!
Dinner salmon in lemon butter served with asparagus and white wine spritzer followed by a few home grown berries and cream.

D

Deleted member 308541

Sounds nice apart from the caged hens eggs :-(
The price is nice, they are cheeper...

The eggs we buy we get at least six dozen a fortnight at $3.50 a doz.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/339091/simply-eggs-12-extra-large-caged-eggs

Free range eggs are various prices these are $7.00 a doz.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/92955/pace-farm-12-jumbo-free-range-eggs

As far as we are concerned that is a good saving, and they all look and taste the same to us.