What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the good wishes @maglil55 - now I know what is on offer there it can be dealt with. Just a pity I didn't opt for first test in Cambridge as it has several shops including a good sized M and S on site. This is the Monday instalment of what seems to be man v LC food. Decaf tea (not even 1 pint) and decaf CWC for B. Cut down salad with avocado and mackerel in EVO for lunch - late, around 3.00. Evening meal was 3 egg mushroom omelette with reduced salt and sugar tommy k and pea shoot + edible flowers + mayo. Plenty of Fage 5% and a 10 cal/lc jelly as not much "bulk" in that lot. Chronometer reckons it was LC and low cal but meter this morning says 5.7. I can't really spare the bandwith atm to sort out if my body is dealing well with the current problem, pumping out energy not coming from food or diet is badly constructed. Best part of yesterday was managing 10k+ steps.
Edit: I have been sent out with 1 drug that can increase insulin resistance - this is all like a whodunnit with too many plausible suspects and a blundering detective.
Hug for the bg raising drug really not what you want when working so hard on diet control

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 - great idea with the mayo. I always used a blender but drizzled the oil bit by bit through the little hole in the lid. I also add a little mustard to it. On the home front (@DJC3 & Viv19) never tell a woman there's no way you'll fit all that in there! Not only have I had a massive clear out, the remaining contents of the cupboard plus the contents of the underneath of the bed are now in storage boxes or vacuum bags, sorted and labelled AND I still have space. Today I gave the mattress a good Hoover and shampoo. Charity shop will get another visit tomorrow.
@shelley262 - hope you get your dental appointment and hope it didnt mar your day. Glad the lemon drizzle was good as I have an order in for the brownies, lemon drizzle and millionaire shortbread. I'm intrigued by the millionaire shortbread. Anyway today was OMAD again. Bed 6.6 FBG 6.2
B. TAG with ADOC then Aqua.
L. Nothing
D. A lamb kebab with mint sauce and a salad of lettuce , tomatoes, 1/2 avocado and a boiled egg. Remains of the breyers (less than a scoop with raspberries. Even more water!
Tomorrow will see the final clean and Hoover of our bedroom then I'll move to the other bedrooms to continue the clear out while I'm still in the mood. I have also now lost the 5lbs I gained on holiday.
@ianpspurs - hope your final visit to the hospital goes well (ignoring the food). Even in my pre diabetic days if I was in hospital I had food brought in. My sister had a restaurant and I phoned my orders in for delivery at visiting time!
I’m sure you’ll enjoy your cakes I know I do. Unfortunately the dentist took an extra day holiday today! I was up early to ring and then when they didn’t answer rushed down town to speak to them to find the door locked! As it’s an upperfront tooth looks dreadful so same process neededfirstthing tomorrow would imagine there will be a queue for emergencies as closed from lunchtime last Friday! My hygienist appt a week ago is what I blame for loosening the crown btw !
Let me know what millionaire shortbread is like I was very tempted as twix was my fave prediagnosis but held back as thought I may be tempted to eat too many!

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Rather a lot consumed today.

Early start for a final canal walk in Brum - up the old mainline to Dudley Port. Back at hotel in time for a bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and grilled onions before catching the train home.

Some Hotel Chocolat 70% hazelnut chocolate and a couple of small pieces of cheese on the way home, then a HC shake at Euston which reduced BG! Hastily prepared chicken wings coated in butter and garlic salt and air fried for dinner, with a desert of almond butter and cream.

Could get used to being on holiday. Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow.

@DCUKMod the trivet thingy is 7cm high.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Rather a lot consumed today.

Early start for a final canal walk in Brum - up the old mainline to Dudley Port. Back at hotel in time for a bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and grilled onions before catching the train home.

Some Hotel Chocolat 70% hazelnut chocolate and a couple of small pieces of cheese on the way home, then a HC shake at Euston which reduced BG! Hastily prepared chicken wings coated in butter and garlic salt and air fried for dinner, with a desert of almond butter and cream.

Could get used to being on holiday. Back on the straight and narrow tomorrow.

@DCUKMod the trivet thingy is 7cm high.

Fab, thanks. I must have a measure up, against the others I have.

Isn't the AF just great for creating a bit (or a lot!) of deliciousness, quickly?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Today was not a "fast" day so I didn't measure what I was eating. I was being taken out to the local supermarket to refill the fridge and larder so had breakfast about 0930 - cold chicken with a dollop of mayo. 1 cup of tea and a glass of water (I'd run out of milk).
Tea when we got back.
Lunch was a few slivers of cheddar and some sour, stewed apple. (Sweet apples weren't very sweet after all). Tea. Tea.
Dinner will be some more Brussels sprouts and some more cauliflower, maybe with some more of the cold chicken.
Started the day making cupcakes for GDaughter to ice this afternoon and take to school tomorrow, for her birthday. Made her confetti cake a couple of days ago and iced both that and the cupcakes when she arrived from school after 3 pm. (I iced and frosted, she decorated with sprinkles, chocolate buttons and Smarties - very glitzy!)
I've been checking my BG through the day and it started at 9.0 and continued upwards and is 13.5 now - before dinner. And it was so good last night. Don't really understand - I've had no carbs apart from the little bit of apple at lunchtime. Must have been extra calories with the mayo, the cheese and the apple, but it shouldn't have that effect on the BG. I absolutely didn't eat the icing or the cake but it reminds me of when, some years ago, I dreamed of eating a Mars bar (which always gave me migraine so I didn't eat them) and I woke up with the worst migraine I'd had for ages! It felt so unfair. Must drink some more fluids anyway - maybe that has something to do with it.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Isn't the AF just great for creating a bit (or a lot!) of deliciousness, quickly?

Sure is. Only had bacon and eggs in the fridge and didn’t fancy those, so a quick trip to Sainsbury’s for wings and voila!

Reactions: ziggy_w

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve started using my IP trivet in the airfryer, but i have concerns about scratching the non stick. Used it today.

Today:
B: none
L: The 6th of my choc chia muffins. Have to say I am bored with them now. The rest can stay in the freezer indefinitely as far as I am concerned.
D: chicken breast kebabs in lime juice, garlic and a dash of pomegranate syrup. And butter.

May have some goatsmilk yog later.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure is. Only had bacon and eggs in the fridge and didn’t fancy those, so a quick trip to Sainsbury’s for wings and voila!

Sometime, you need to try that Moo Grob recipe (or your own preferred variation of it) sometime. I have some pre-boiled (for me in the IP) pork slices, frozen individually, in the freezer. They take no time at all to defrost naturally, but I bet in a squeeze, they could be defrosted in the microwave, the re-seasoned and crisped in the AF in no time at all - including crackling.

The boiling bit is a faff, but if you try it, then if you like it, do a batch, it's not so bad.

Oh yeah.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Home from the seaside this afternoon.
Breakfast at the hotel: full English of fried egg, scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and tomato followed by Greek yoghurt washed down with a black coffee.
Picnic Lunch: 2 x Babybels, M&S Italian salami crisps followed by a few coco bites and dark chocolate almonds.
Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino and a white chocolate carb killa bar.
Dinner back home: mushroom and mature cheddar omelette with leafy salad and two cherry tomatoes followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been in garden harvesting the masses of ripe raspberries - and lots more to come. We have had them every day for weeks but now too many to cope with so have open frozen a couple of trays of them, they do well used from frozen in home made clafoutis and sf raspberry jelly! My large bags from last year lasted me into winter. I’ve also got a second crop of strawberries but to try to eat thesefrom fresh as don’t find they freeze as well.
Brunch bacon, egg and one slice of Hilo toast
Mid afternoon half a low carb brownie warm with cream
Dinner salmon in lemon butter and cauliflower cheese with glass of dry white wine pudding lc lemon and lime mousse with a few home grown raspberries and yoghurt followed by decaf coffee and bit 100% chocolate.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometime, you need to try that Moo Grob recipe (or your own preferred variation of it) sometime. I have some pre-boiled (for me in the IP) pork slices, frozen individually, in the freezer. They take no time at all to defrost naturally, but I bet in a squeeze, they could be defrosted in the microwave, the re-seasoned and crisped in the AF in no time at all - including crackling.

The boiling bit is a faff, but if you try it, then if you like it, do a batch, it's not so bad.

Oh yeah.

Definitely on the list. Need to buy some pork belly strips.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 re the Bounty bars - the way you suggest is pretty much what the recipe I used said but it was quite messy and fiddly so now I just put the coconut mixture in silicone cake moulds, freeze for a bit and put melted choc on top. I don’t mind that the chocolate doesn’t go all the wY round - they still taste great.
Had one this evening while watching Bake Off.
I’m very impressed with your organising and sorting abilities btw.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad your weekend away with your old friends was a success @PenguinMum and the food options didn’t cause any problems.

Today I had a late breakfast of 2 egg cheese omelette.
Went out to an owl sanctuary with family, lovely day. They all had lunch in the cafe but nothing to suit me and wasn’t hungry anyway. I went back in to get a coffee later though but was told I couldn’t pay by card as it was less than £5 and as we’d all emptied our change into the collection buckets during the flying display I didn’t have enough cash so had to leave the coffee. BUT the chap behind me in the queue said ‘don’t worry love, I’ll get it for you’ I was so touched at this random act of kindness I actually had tears in my eyes ( v embarrassing) it made my day though
Dinner was IP gammon joint with cauli cheese and lc Bounty bar.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@shelley262 Stockpiling is the way to go, last visit we bought six cases, two pink and one blanc cremant plus some other wine from the same vineyard, got a nice discount and two free bottles a well. Clever trick - the freebies are always something you haven't tasted.

Reactions: ziggy_w

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 re the Bounty bars - the way you suggest is pretty much what the recipe I used said but it was quite messy and fiddly so now I just put the coconut mixture in silicone cake moulds, freeze for a bit and put melted choc on top. I don’t mind that the chocolate doesn’t go all the wY round - they still taste great.
Had one this evening while watching Bake Off.
I’m very impressed with your organising and sorting abilities btw.
Did you pick up on bake off that next week they're doing total chocolate covering on biscuit week? I even have Hubby in to it now. He was sure Jamie was a goner tonight. They seem a nice bunch this year.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.8 FBG 5.4 and the DP is just going to 7.2 now. @DJC3 - upstairs was long overdue this blitz. Usually Hubby gets in my way and I get "oh I'll keep that just in case". Today I finally got him to put the Christmas bits and bobs he's stuffed in the cupboard in the attic with all the other decorations. Bedroom is now ready just to dismantle the bed and I've finally cleared the dust. Why I don't know as it will be back once they take more of the ceiling down. I noticed tonight that the ceiling is bulging ominously. I just hope more doesn't fall before they start. The organising is a throwback to the work I did. I was required to be organised and logical so I guess I'm just applying it in a different way.
Another OMAD day.
B. TAG with ADOC then off to the chiropodist then TESCO.
L. Nothing back upstairs again
D. Small rack of lamb (still had a longing for mint sauce) and veggie chips. 10 cherries and 2 bits 90% and 3 rollitos.
I'll be glad to get back to meal planning and cooking once this clear out and restoring is done.
@shelley262 - I've ordered 2 boxes of the millionaire shortbread. That should be enough to study it