1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I got it in Sainsbury’s - it’s only the small local stores that sell it. Complete list here: https://seriouspig.london/sainsburys/

I think it probably is available online. Their snacking cheese (also delicious) is available via Amazon. None of it is cheap. The ham is better value as it actually fills you up, whereas the cheese is just a very moreish crisp like snack!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Goonergal

Staff Member

Love that word! Going to pinch the smoked salmon recipe.

Great progress!

Pleased to hear it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

It was sooo easy:

2 parts smoked salmon (i used 4 x 240g)
    1 part full fat cream cheese (i used 2 x 240g)
    Lemon juice and black pepper to taste
    Whizzed with the hand (stick) blender til it reached the texture I wanted.

You could use double cream instead of cream cheese, and the result would be sloppier and less tangy.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Goonergal

Staff Member

Thanks.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Lunch yesterday: Yabby boil up at home, washed down with a coupla beers.
    Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, mushroom gravy.
    Breakfast: Usual C&M omelette, bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar, beer, water.

• Like Like x 6
  6. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Lost track of dates and days it's so late.
    Or early
    Breakfast was late again. Around 11am two scrambled eggs with cheeae and spinach. Did think that although it was tasty, it was all a bit soft, needed that little bit of crunch usually provided by toast.
    Coffee with milk and cream
    Lunch toast and pate, have found some bread that is only 28g carbs per 100g
    Had two small slices, did not weigh it but was most likely 40 -50g max few tiny tomatoes. Nearly eaten all we grew. One ripe pear and cup of tea
    Tea in the afternoon.
    Coffee early evening
    Dinner, pork chop with mushroom and cream sauce. Two pieces of potato ,some carrots, courgettes and cauliflower,
    Cream pudding after 18g carbs, two glasses of fizz,.
    Much later
    Another cream pudding and half a bar of. chocolate. It's true what they say about wanting to eat when you are tired. Also less will power, not that I have a lot of that.
    Disappointing day. Lost weight. More than expected. My leeks have got rust, so pulling them out and freezing the usable parts. Think it is at least partly due to being under the pear tree which drops mouldy pears. Am considering relocating the vegetable patch and cringing at the amount of work involved.

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 1
  7. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I get the bread today I made a 90sec keto bread in microwave it hit the spot next time I make it I will grill it with scrambled eggs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. annabell1

Woke up early today my BSL was 5.8mmol/L I had made my own yoghurt on Thursday so had some of my yoghurt with almonds and sweetened with a touch of honey and a black coffee but it made my bsl raise to 7.2mmol/L 2 hours later just that small amount of honey raise my BSL

I went up the road had to buy another present this time for for my great niece 2nd birthday I was happy with my purchase and just wanted to get home. 2 days of shopping I'm over it lol.. when I came home 4 hours later my BSL was 4.6mmol/L I was also a bit pickerish so ate half an avocado some of my homemade dripped yoghurt cheese with parsley mint thyme herbs and EVOO with a few crackers and black coffee. Dinner I had 2 pork sausages some coleslaw made a 90 second microwave keto bread and a spoonful of homemade tabbelah oh tomatoe sauce. That was a lot of food I think but was really hungry. I've been drinking water all day that's my drink of choice but been adding a pinch of salt to a few glasses of water as suggested by DUCKmod and it seems to be helping me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #31268 annabell1, Sep 14, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  9. Brunneria

Staff Member

Today’s morning activities have (so far) included major waterchange on one fishtank, pandering to The Birds by restocking their feeders, and making mackerel pate this time. Again, fish, cream cheese and seasoning, but today I used horseradish (YUM!) instead of chives. Mr B and the dogs have all pronounced it good. 6 blobs into freezer.

Now I just need to get some chicken liver pate done, and I will have achieved a hat trick.

Yesterday’s food:
    Smoked salmon pate for breakfast
    Airfried chicken kebabs at lunch
    LC pepperoni pepperoni pizza for evening meal.
    Oh, and a fortifying full sugar (and disappointing) starbucks hot choc when out on walk. Very weak. Am used to my LC hot chocs. Much nicer. With a lot more oomph to them.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. annabell1

I had forgotten to add my photos 20190914_145802.jpeg 20190914_145045.jpeg 20190914_103118.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Goonergal

Staff Member

Long canal walk today. Birmingham to Wolverhampton. Glorious. Followed by an indulgent OMAD.

12804084-7609-47F3-9FE4-ED5976F1C676.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Short answer is what I wanted. Tea and water for breakfast - slept until 6.05 = win. Lunch = avocado, eggs and cheese salad with chia seeds and my consistent lc favourite Evo, cider vinegar and dijon vinaigrette. Had 2 rows of Green and Blacks velvet edition mint chocolate mid afternoon. Evening meal will be cheese on skinny bread toast with reduced sugar tommy k. Tea and lots of water, That's food I can live with and like - but close to the full range. Bit snookered if it doesn't do the control jobby.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    #31272 ianpspurs, Sep 14, 2019 at 7:06 PM
  13. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hope you're feeling much better now. My Mum used to always feed me Chicken Soup if I was unwell/feeling off. She always referred to it as Jewish penicillin (as did many of our Jewish friends).

• Like Like x 3
  14. maglil55

Glad to say the decorators are coming in on Monday. I didn't expect to see them until Tuesday as this is a holiday weekend here but no, Monday it is although they might not be finished until Wednesday. Bad news is it was a "day off" for me but now I need to be up and about by 8am so bang goes my lie in.
    Thursday- think I'm 3 days behind. Bed 6.9 FBG 7.1

Boys here for dinner and they requested mince.
    B. TAG with ADOC
    L. Out shopping after Aqua but grabbed a 39g bit cheese in M&S Cornish cove with balsamic onions.
    D. Had mince too but mine was with cauliflower mash and peas. Later lemon drizzle warmed up with raspberries and cream. Gave into a bit Millionaire shortbread too! That DGF stuff is addictive.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

BG dropped very low last night so I had an oatcake with butter and cheese, and then another 2. Should have sent my BG skywards, but it didn't. I didn't take my overnight insulin as a result and my FBG was still only 8.8. That was the result of only having chicken soup yesterday.

Had the remaining half bowl of chicken soup poured over raw, whisked up egg so that the egg cooked in the bowl. Keeping soup, I find, improves the flavour and it was really good. I could have had more if there had been any.

Just had a few slices of plain old cheddar with some unsweetened apple sauce. The cheddar was a bit sharper than I had expected, but it was OK. Don't think I shall have anything other than tea this evening. I'm not doing anything much in the way of food prep just now - still too sore and stiff. Even had to call off going to the children's class last evening.

And I don't even want to look outside at present, the weather is so bad, and, I'm told it will be getting worse tonight. Right now, our islands are cut off because the ferries and planes can't run. Just as well I don't want to go shopping because the shops will be empty.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch: fry up of egg, bacon, mushrooms and two orange rapture tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
    Mid afternoon at Nero’s: coconut cappuccino with a birthday cake phd bar
    Dinner: cold garlic and herb chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Brunneria

Staff Member

B: smoked mackerel pate :D
    L: cicken soup with diced matterson’s sausage and some cheese grated on top. :)
    D: chicken shashlik, paneer ghost and an onion bhaji. This time, I checked the menu description. Onion, chickpea flour and egg. Which explains why I had no gluten repercussions last time.:couchpotato:

I could never get bored of indian spices. The variety is endless. And delicious.

I seem to be drifting into veg-as-a-garnish more often. Guts ok-ish about it. So far.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. maglil55

@Goonergal - gee that was a walk and a half! I drove many times from Birmingham to Wolverhampton but walk?? Thank goodness it was a canal walk - I had visions of you jogging along past the Five Ways, Aston Expressway, Spaghetti......yikes!
    @ianspurs - today I joined you in the TV hunt. Got back from shopping, having s coffee and Pow
    Bang went our TV. we have one upstairs in No 1 grandsons room when he stays so that's downstairs for now. Can't really do much until Wednesday after the decorators finish as we need to pull everything out and sort out the wires. We'll be a Samsung and like you we're going big! Hubby wants to stick at 65". Which stores do you haggle with? At least that's my 3rd disaster.
    Yesterday - day off for the holiday weekend but was reorganizing freezer and fridge again. Bed 6.1 FBG 6. Been very stable in the low 6's with forays into the 5's in the afternoon.
    B. TAG with ADOC
    L. Nothing busy with the fridge & freezer
    D. M&S best ever burger with cheese melt, 1/2 avocado, veggie chips, 4 mini portobello mushrooms, 3 santini tomatoes. 5 blackberries and cream and later munched through more than a few king cherries.

Bought myself a little garment hand steamer. It wont replace my steam generator iron but will be handy for steaming fold creases out and I'll use for now until my ironing board is freed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  19. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Sorry to hear about your TV @maglil55. We haggled with Currys trying to get everything we paid for the original. Wanted an LG again but to justify price near to what we paid it had to have features of original which weren't available on any other (built in sub woofer) so ended up with the Sony 82". Did get £1k more than their original offer at the second branch and will be functional for the rugby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #31279 ianpspurs, Sep 14, 2019 at 8:45 PM
  20. maglil55

I didn't know Currys haggled. Currently, the model we're looking at best price, surprisingly, is Amazon. I'm kind of philosophical about the whole thing - just another bit of chaos to add to the existing chaos. Never mind, work will be finished on Wednesday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook