What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Inspired by Rachox I am going to try roasting some butternut squash slices and then popping eggs into the centre to bake. That will be about 2 or 3 this afternoon and should be all I need today.

Reactions: DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Inspired by Rachox I am going to try roasting some butternut squash slices and then popping eggs into the centre to bake. That will be about 2 or 3 this afternoon and should be all I need today.

Roasted on top of a slice or two of streaky bacon could be lovely, I bet.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Miles behind again. Not been feeling brilliant. A touch of vertigo and feeling dizzy lying down isn't great. Done the manoeuvre now and still a little light headed but hopefully it works.

Tuesday 5 November bed 7.8 FBG 6.4. Was higher than that pre bedtime but came down. No idea why.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. Nothing just lots of water.
D. Dinner settled for cold salmon, with prawns, lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, boiled egg. Didn't much feel like anything to be honest.

Thankfully recovering now.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 6 November bed 6.4 FBG 6.6. Usual school run, which is weird when you feel dizzy. Thankfully, the boys will be going straight home from school because this is the day the new TV and super strong bracket is being fitted to the wall. Boys and TVs don't go well together while being wall fitted.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. Nothing
D. Roasted a M&S easy carve chicken and had some with gravy and a lot of cabbage. A new delivery of DGF arrived and I made the mistake of trying their Pumpkin Spice brownie and a bit Millionaire shortbread with a coffee after the TV was safely fitted. Not a good idea when you already have problems sleeping thanks to dizziness. Don't get me wrong. The Pumpkin Spice is lovely - just not at the moment.

Thursday 7 November. Bed 4.3 FBG 6.3. I was less dizzy so decided to give Aqua a go. Avoided and sudden head movements though.

B. TAG with ADOC.
L. Nothing just water and was at Aqua.
D. Remains of yesterday's chicken with yet more cabbage. Stayed off the Pumpkin spice but did have a DGF Millionaire shortbread. No coffee though.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 could you recommend some fish meals from Iceland. When I go in to stock up on cauli and green rice I dash as parking is very difficult and I usually park in a staff space for 5 mins so never browse.
The Gino di Campo fish mixes are excellent. I have them with oomi noodles for a spaghetti alla vongale. My absolute favourite is their red shrimp with tomato and chilli. I add some chopped tomato, couple of mushrooms, spinach and either Icelands cauliflower rice or oomi noodles. A dash of cream finishes it. They also do a seasoned sea bass dish which my hubby says is really good. Will let you know as I try more but that red shrimp is really excellent. Don't think they're tiny shrimps - big meaty beasts!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262 - still not caught up but I hope your journey to York was trouble free and no flooding at your Mum's. @ianpspurs - congrats on your windfall. Never happens here with the mob in Holyrood intent on bleeding us dry. Strictly must have been a welcome distraction for you
@Tipetoo - I called my SIL today. Last time the one road in and out was blocked by the bush fires. They're OK currently and thankfully they live very near the lake so there is an escape route. She says currently they just get the odd whiff of smoke. Hope it is well away from yours and the other Aussies on here.
Where was I? Friday 8 November - bed 4.7 FBG 4.8.
B. TAG with ADOC, slice LC bread toasted with Dairylea cheese spread. No idea why I've developed a longing for Dairylea.
L. Nothing. Early pick up at school and had to deal with a very upset No 1 who spent weeks in his school "free" time building a model only to have it smashed to pieces by a child who should not be mainstream. No 1 cracked (he's taken 5 years of his nonsense and bullying) and hit him with a water bottle (a full one). That got No 1 in trouble. Had to explain to him it is never acceptable to hit with an object but told the school it's about time they stopped letting this other one off scot free and deal with him.
D. Took beef stroganoff out of the freezer and had it with Iceland cauliflower rice. Yet another DGF Millionaire shortbread.

Need to read a few more posts now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
CWC around 5am.
Brunch: 1/2 avocado and 50g smoked salmon.
Had some very disappointing news which made me feel glum and I noticed I’d eaten quite a lot of cheese absentmindedly. Luckily a daughter popped in for a visit and we went out in the pouring rain which made me feel a lot better.
Dinner: comfort food needed so Fat head pizza. Sour cream instead of tomato paste, chorizo, mushrooms, olives.
@Annb post a photo of your butternut squash egg bake. Hope it works out well.
@maglil55 sorry to hear about your vertigo but glad it’s passed.

Edit to remove double mushrooms!

Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 thank you so much for the frozen fish recommendations. I will be givng them a go for sure. I am so sorry you have been unwell. Feeling dizzy and sick is horrible, I am having eye injections every four weeks and on the day they happen I feel like that for the rest of the day so I completely understand how awful it is. Hugs from me.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hug for the disappointing news, life can certainly throw curve balls our way. Hope you and yours are all well, thats the most important for me as I am sure it is for you. Give Dennis a cuddle!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hugs for your disappointing news hope you’re okay?
Complex caring day but at least outcomes good - difficult neighbours of autistic son evicted so should help over time.
Breakfast one slice bacon, egg and half toasted chaffle
Mid pm half lc lemon drizzle cup cake
Dinner game casserole ( slow cooked whilst out) served with stir fried cabbage and mushroom and much needed glass of dry red wine. Pudding - warmed deliciously guilt free pumpkin spice brownie with yoghurt and cream (@maglil55 also bought these love them but think quite strong spices hope dizziness is settling down now) probably will have a couple of squares of 100% with decaff coffee later
Hoping for less eventful day tomorrow due to be working on my web editing for a few days if things settle ..........

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Sorry to hear of your very disappointing news. Tonight will be the first night for 14 years we will be without a dog. B=water, exercise bike and tea. L= 220 gms sirloin steak, mushrooms and Milkys hallum chips. Eve = almond milk cocoa.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Sorry to hear of your very disappointing news. Tonight will be the first night for 14 years we will be without a dog. B=water, exercise bike and tea. L= 120 gms sirloin steak, mushrooms and Milkys hallum chips. Eve = almond milk cocoa.

Oh dear, Ian. Please tell me that doesn't mean what it seems it might?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid it does. Vet agreed we had done everything and the time was right.

Oh dear, Ian. That's utterly heartbreaking.

The only time I had to do that, he was a beautiful 18 month-old black Lab. He was such a great boy, so intelligent and I felt like he was welded by my side. Sadly, he developed heartworm disease that overwhelmed him. It hurt so badly.

I just can't imagine how it feels after a long, long partnership.

Nothing else to say that doesn't sound facile and trite. Be kind to yourselves.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, Ian. That's utterly heartbreaking.

The only time I had to do that, he was a beautiful 18 month-old black Lab. He was such a great boy, so intelligent and I felt like he was welded by my side. Sadly, he developed heartworm disease that overwhelmed him. It hurt so badly.

I just can't imagine how it feels after a long, long partnership.

Nothing else to say that doesn't sound facile and trite. Be kind to yourselves.
Thanks. She was more Julie's dog but she was clearly suffering and missed the Lab who went the same way earlier this year. He was much more my dog but obviously I miss her.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over cauliflower and broccoli cheese with two cherry tomatoes followed by Greek yoghurt, blueberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: Coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken supreme with mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

Reactions: maglil55