What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 hug for the disappointing news, life can certainly throw curve balls our way. Hope you and yours are all well, thats the most important for me as I am sure it is for you. Give Dennis a cuddle!

Thank you and yes the family and I are all fit and well, which is what my daughter said to me - everything else can be overcome.
Can’t cuddle little D at the mo though - he’s gone for a romantic liaison with a hairy mongrel called Barbara ( in other words Mr C is having a pint in the local with Barbara’s ‘dad’)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Sorry to hear of your very disappointing news. Tonight will be the first night for 14 years we will be without a dog. B=water, exercise bike and tea. L= 120 gms sirloin steak, mushrooms and Milkys hallum chips. Eve = almond milk cocoa.

Oh no, I’m so sorry to read this Ian. It doesn’t seem long ago that your other dog died so your house must seem very empty tonight. Dogs really do leave a huge hole in our lives don’t they?

Edit to add huge apology that my previous post seems very insensitive now, I hadn’t read your awful news when I replied to Penguinmum.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today, trundling around Lidl, I noticed a product I hadn't seen before, "Millionaire's Bacon".

It's thick streaky bacon slices, about 1cm thick. It comes with a spicy, honey rub, which I won't use, but I thought it could maybe make wonderful Moo Grob. A little thicker would have been better, but I think I'll make it tomorrow.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no, I’m so sorry to read this Ian. It doesn’t seem long ago that your other dog died so your house must seem very empty tonight. Dogs really do leave a huge hole in our lives don’t they?

Edit to add huge apology that my previous post seems very insensitive now, I hadn’t read your awful news when I replied to Penguinmum.
No problems. The crunch times were making the decision now was the time and making the appointment - both times. We could have let it drift being soft but cruel to the dogs. We will get a dog or dogs when we move.

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
[USER=25851 said:
@Annb[/USER] post a photo of your butternut squash egg bake. Hope it works out well.

It tasted fine, but it looked a mess. I was going to take a pic, but it really didn't look very appetising. Putting it on top of bacon was a good idea.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It tasted fine, but it looked a mess. I was going to take a pic, but it really didn't look very appetising. Putting it on top of bacon was a good idea.
Did it give it any additional flavour?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@DJC3 sorry to hear that you were feeling low after some disappointing news. Hope things have improved now.
@ianspurs sorry too to hear that you've lost your/your wife's dog. We can get so close to the animals that share our homes and their loss can, sometimes be quite devastating. Little Em just lost the eldest of her 3 dogs (a very elderly King Charles who died during the night on Sunday - she found him herself in the morning and she was absolutely distraught even though it was expected).
@maglil55 hope you are feeling better now.

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today, trundling around Lidl, I noticed a product I hadn't seen before, "Millionaire's Bacon".

It's thick streaky bacon slices, about 1cm thick. It comes with a spicy, honey rub, which I won't use, but I thought it could maybe make wonderful Moo Grob. A little thicker would have been better, but I think I'll make it tomorrow.

Thanks. Feel a trip to Lidl coming on. Apparently they also have cheese advent calendars.

Reactions: DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not a Costco member, so this intel is third party (via the IP UK official facebook group), but very reliable.

Good old Instant Pot have launched a new model in UK, which seems to be basically the "standard" 6ltr, BUT, with a Sous Vide facility.

It isn't showing on the Instant Pot site yet, so they may be launching there on Black Friday, but it is genuine IP.

I won't be "upgrading" either of mine. Should I have a third, it'll be a baby version, but just sayin' for anyone thinking about it.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG not far too high at 7.5 but I am having a hungry day already. I think today will be a 3 meal day - first time in many, many weeks.

Breakfast - peanut butter pancakes - 2 while I was making them (never done it before so had to try to get the seasoning and temperature right) and 2 making a bacon sandwich (pic below).

Lunch will be bone broth.

Dinner will be lamb with North African spices (from the freezer).

roll and pancake plate.JPG

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@shelley262 So saddened to read about the loss of your Aunt. Much sympathy to you and your Mother.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B=exercise, water and tea; L= almond milk cocoa and CCB; Ev= avocado and mackerel salad + some cheddar afterwards. Nervous 4 hrs with no boiler - made very strange noises - British Gas sorted it in that time. Always good service with Homecare - including fitting a new central heating pump one Christmas day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Usual breakfast of LivLife toast, butter, tea.
Lunch was two slices of said toast with peanut butter as was too busy to make anything else.
Supper will be a Thurs scratch meal of cauli rice with flaked salmon, diced red pepper and tablsp peas. Currently enjoying a G&ST.

Tomo No 2 son and girlfriend coming for supper and o/n to mark his 25th birthday. The menu requested is Moules Frites which will be followed by chocolate olive oil cake I made today served with a few raspberries and cream (no cream for me obs yuk). There will be Cremant involved also. Have ordered 3kg mussels off the boats in the morning!
@ianpspurs glad you got your heating sorted pronto. We had two consecutive Christmases here without electricity so no heat, cooking, etc. It was very challenging.