What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Nothing worth reporting again as out at the block.
Dinner: Curried chicken, veggies.
Breakfast: Another four egg cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugars, bucket load of water.

Looking out of the kitchen window at 5:00 am the sun was just coming over "The Hummock" looked like a big sullen red ball that is poking through the smoke haze.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Height is 18 cm (sans lid), circumference is 67 cm and width is 27 cm.

Gosh that width is very narrow.

The thing about Amazon is how generous their returns policy is, so in the worst case scenario, it could always go back.

Seeing how you like to prep and cook, I think you'd like it.

Going back to your slow cooker for a moment though; with those dimensions, do you have any saucepans with a lid that'd fit? When I use my IP to do yoghurt, it doesn't come to pressure, so I use a glass lid, from a saute pan and it's fine.

If you decide to use another pan lid with it, maybe try it on a time you can be around for the cooking time, to ensure your food doesn't cook dry.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You’ve seen my kitchen. Do you think the mini one would fit in?

Haven’t seen the dimensions of the mini one but it probably wouldn’t take any more room than your slow cooker.
Edit to add - just seen DCUKMod’s more knowledgable posts above so ignore mine. I agree with her re the saucepan lid - that’s what I use if slow cooking.

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
13-11-19
Breakfast BG 6.1
CWC double helping of nut granola. More Cwc
2 hours 5.6

Shopping so missed mid morning drink
Lunch BG 5.7
baguette with mashed avocado. Cheese and ham. Nearly ate a Clementine but resisted.
1 hour BG 6.9

More shopping. tea
Dinner BG 5.4
MrSlim cooked beef bougineoine served with potatoes ( avoided) parsnip ( also avoided) carrots cauliflower. Leeks and brocolli. Glass of rosé.
We had the panna cotta afterwards with raspberries from the freezer. Was nice. Not utterly delicious. But nice. For a ready mix it was brilliant.
2 hours BG 6.7
Seems ok to me
Bedtime tea

14-11-19
MrSlim brought me tea in bed, unusually he had woken first.
BG 5.9
Breakfast none.
Mid morning coffee with cream
Lunch BG 5.7
Baguette avocado, ham and cheeses. Tea
1 hour later BG 6.9
Got busy and forgot to take next reading.
Dinner BG 5.4
As yesterday beef bourginoine potatoes 2 tiny pieces. Carrots 3 slices. Cauliflower brocolli. Few leek bits. Rosé wine
Panna cotta this time without raspberries.
Forgot again to do BG
Will try to do better tomorrow.

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
yesterday 14/11/19
Breakfast: usual homemade low carb porridge 100g greek yoghurt
Lunch: 200g iceberg lettuce, 25g tasty cheese, 74g sardines in spring water, mustard
Dinner: 270g cauliflower, 170g green beans, 2 filler free sausages, 2 large fried eggs in 5g butter.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Ive not been eating much last week as was flaring my **** UC. ive feeling better this week been eating low carb for most of the week. I dont want to eat certain foods so sticking to what my body wants. Breakfast I made low carb ricotta waffles and ate one with black coffee. This afternoon I made some yoghurt so the pot is now wrapped up in blankets overnight to set. Dinner had baked vegetables and sausages cooked in stock to make a gravy so so full now feels like my food is sitting in my stomach im so bloated.....
Tonight I took some pictures of the sunset some amazing sunset because of the fires here in NSW. The fires are not close by but still close enough. These are a few I took on my cannon camera tonight.
20191115071433_IMG_2547.jpeg
20191115061758_IMG_2537.jpeg
20191115061939_IMG_2538.jpeg
20191115071244_IMG_2544.jpeg

post edited by mod for language

Last edited by a moderator:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
1 pm - just had 2 more of yesterday's pancakes with a fried egg and some grated cheese. I considered making a second one, but just as well I didn't - I'm feeling very full at the moment.

I just took the first thing that came to hand in the freezer - it turned out to be beef ragout which I'll have about 5 pm - just before I have to go out for the children's class.

At present my hallway is an obstacle course. No 2 son's electric oven has broken down so he has brought it here for his big brother to have a look at and see if he can fix it. It is sitting on a workmate with bits spread around the floor. Apparently it is possible that it is just a failed thermostat switch, in which case a new thermostat assembly will be needed, but at a cost of about £25 that's a lot better than buying a new oven. At present he is using an old microwave/oven which can't be used as a mw because the spindle broke up - another one that Neil at least made work some time ago. We tend not to dispose of electrical gadgets because Neil can usually fix them so we keep them as back-ups. Somewhere in the loft we have another microwave/oven and one of those small round glass affairs with the heating element in the lid, from years ago. Can't find them though - that's always what happens when you finally need something. Does here anyway. Goodness knows what is up in that loft - apart from the second houseful of furniture and loads of bedding. I think I dumped all the clothes that I "might get back into one day".

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That gin sounds wonderful, is it Aldi own brand?
It is by Greysons made specially for Aldi. (£15.99) It says Limited Release on the label so I am enjoying it while I can. Works very well with fizzy water!

Reactions: DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon All,

B: the last of the HC batons made into LC hot choc
L: smoked salmon pate on 2 almond crackers from H&B (around 2g carbs per cracker, I think)
D: oxtail stew. large portion. find myself yearning for it a mere hour or two after the pate. lol.

Miserable weather YET AGAIN today. But we did manage to take 3 scampering beasties out for a v sniffy walk.
Poor Mutt No. 1 always gets very depressed if he can't sniff. I think it is necessary for his emotional and physical wellbeing. The other two just need the exercise, but he NEEDS the sniffage, too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is by Greysons made specially for Aldi. (£15.99) It says Limited Release on the label so I am enjoying it while I can. Works very well with fizzy water!

Yay! Battled through the school traffic and got some. I’m a bit embarrassed to report I’ve already tried a snifter - as you say it’s gorgeous. Funnily enough, youngest daughter was here when I got back and exclaimed delightedly when she saw it - she is also a great fan of it.
Next time you’re in Cornwall look out for Elemental gin too, they make a raspberry one and an apple one, both are delicious. You can get it online but p&p makes it too expensive.
Cheers PM!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When arrive make sure you separate them out and then put back in box easier then to take just one out at a time when frozen, enjoy

Ah good tip thanks you. I wonder how long they’ll take to arrive? I’m feeling impatient to try them now.