What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday: Tea, gym ( a few weights then quite pleased I put out 100 watts on ex bike - top guys reach 400:arghh:) Brekkie: lemon tea, 2 perfectly poached eggs on a bed of green salad, OO, chia seeds and toms then 2 small bratwurst, 2 rashers streaky bacon, ½ baked tom with herbs and parmesan and more mushrooms. L= Avocado (½) salmon and feta with lemon tea (in Pafos harbour); Mid afternoon: soya latte (moved round the harbour slightly before walking around the mosaics -World heritage site - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paphos_Archaeological_Park ) Eve: Leafy salad in my own special big bowl found by the chef who was impressed by me making my own vinaigrette ( spinach, baby kale, green leaves, cucumber, asparagus, chicory, chia seeds) beef and spatchcock chicken; cheeses, cucumber, gherkins, hazelnuts, walnut pieces and almonds, ⅓ glass red wine - local vineyard. Serious temptation of rhum baba, eaton mess and apple crumble - other 20 desserts not interesting.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over gammon steak and Mediterranean veggies followed by Greek yoghurt, blueberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: tuna melts with celeriac and peas followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
CWC first thing then nothing til lunch at 2pm - leftover roast chicken with salad of lettuce, 1/2 avocado 2 cherry toms and h/m Mayo. Raspberries and extra thick cream to follow.
Dinner was DD bacon and mushroom breakfast casserole ( crustless quiche) very good. More salad and h/m Mayo. 2 glasses dry white - risky!
@shelley262 zero carb chocolate cream sounds wonderful, I haven’t even seen it let alone tried it, but I’ll be looking out for it
https://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/503746.html
I’ve ordered large bottle like look of mint one too x
Click on ingredients to see zero carb nutrition

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Okey dokey playmates, it's time for you all to get your own back on me.

I'm looking at (and sort of for) a milk frother, to make foam for coffee or hot chocolate. Having been inducted into the ways of Hotel Chocolat, it'd be nice for him (and me) to posh it up.

Sooooooooooooooooooo. Who has which and what are it's selling points and drawbacks.

At the moment, I'm thinking this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009ISA...00-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-6&ref=aa_pcomp_prc1 , but I am very open to alternatives, bearing in mind this will be our first.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/503746.html
I’ve ordered large bottle like look of mint one too x
Click on ingredients to see zero carb nutrition

Did you check with HC HO on this one? The ingredients state it contains milk and soy, I'm surprised it is stated at 0% carb.

To be honest, in itself, it wouldn't be for me. I'm not a fan of creamy licquers, but I hope you enjoy it.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm looking at (and sort of for) a milk frother, to make foam for coffee or hot chocolate. Having been inducted into the ways of Hotel Chocolat, it'd be nice for him (and me) to posh it up.

Sooooooooooooooooooo. Who has which and what are it's selling points and drawbacks.

At the moment, I'm thinking this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009ISA...00-pcomp-feature-pcomp-wm-6&ref=aa_pcomp_prc1 , but I am very open to alternatives, bearing in mind this will be our first.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07251BTYT/ref=psdc_3544841031_t3_B009ISASGQ
Bought this for son a year ago and he thinks it’s amazing. We’ve got a nespresso one bought with coffee machine it was quite expensive and is too small only does small amounts not hot choc whereas the larger one bought for son as a pressie does hot chocolate although only one mug at a time! The one you’re looking at may be bigger? Hotel choc velvetiser looks amazing and tempted but 99 quid! Think @ianpspurs may have the velvetiser and uses it? May do more than one mug?

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you check with HC HO on this one? The ingredients state it contains milk and soy, I'm surprised it is stated at 0% carb.

To be honest, in itself, it wouldn't be for me. I'm not a fan of creamy licquers, but I hope you enjoy it.
I will check that out I’m sure I’ll enjoy though as will mum I loved baileys and would only drink a very small amount with lots of ice so likely to be ok

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07251BTYT/ref=psdc_3544841031_t3_B009ISASGQ
Bought this for son a year ago and he thinks it’s amazing. We’ve got a nespresso one bought with coffee machine it was quite expensive and is too small only does small amounts not hot choc whereas the larger one bought for son as a pressie does hot chocolate although only one mug at a time! The one you’re looking at may be bigger? Hotel choc velvetiser looks amazing and tempted but 99 quid! Think @ianpspurs may have the velvetiser and uses it? May do more than one mug?

Ah. I have added that to my Amazon list, to keep an eye on through Black Friday.

I believe the Dualit is slightly larger, but doubt it will have very heavy use.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use this @DCUKMod.
For the price, the result is excellent.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerolatte-...keywords=Aerolatte&qid=1574200018&sr=8-2&th=1

Its 1/5 of the price of the one you are considering, but probably takes up 10% of the space, and ??? Nearly the same froth quality, although of course it depends rather on what you are frothing, and how long you whizz it for.

Yes, that is the first one that went on my Amazon list. It had great independent reviews too, but then I started thinking about the heating aspect too, and here we are.

I'll see if anything comes up on Black Friday, but under £12 is incredibly reasonable.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
18-11-19
Breakfast very late. 2 portions of nut granola, cup of tea. Weak willed , shortly afterwards had a pain chocolat. Was for MrSlim, but he had rice crispies. Thought I better see what it did to BG. Was 7.4 few mins afterwards. Two hours later 6.2.
Went shopping so no lunch. Snack. Small piece of bread and generous cheese. Tea.
Dinner roast chicken leg. Small potato, carrots, green beans and brocolli. Greek yoghurt and mixed berries. White wine. Second glass later. Tea.
Bedtime tea.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
19-11-19
CWC. Last of the nut granola. CWC
Coffee
Lunch. Avocado piled high on a small piece of baguette. One slice chicken. Small piece of cheese then we shared an apple. This time a Boskoop. Never had this variety before. For those of you who do eat fruit I highly recommend them.
Tea when we came in. We have processed perhaps a third of the trees. Lot of work still to do there and the chainsaw broke down. :confused:
Dinner. Used chicken legs roasted yesterday in a casserole with celariac, leeks and carrot. Added the left over potatoes as well. Served with brocolli and cauliflower.
Later had some cheese without biscuits.
Made more nut granola and cauliflower rice to freeze. 2 glasses of zero sugar tonic. Bedtime tea.
Washing up done and so am I.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

That is the one we use although we bought from John Lewis for the 2 year guarantee. For me to make a large enough mug we fill twice, once with milk/cream and cocoa then second time with more milk. Very easy to clean - inside etc like the HC one but 1/2 the price.

Reactions: maglil55

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@SlimLizzy Do you mind to share the recipe for the nut granola. Hope the chainsaw can be repaired.
@Quinn1066 Thought I posted it few days ago, but can't find it now.

200g mixed nuts. I use hazelnut, almonds, walnuts and brazils. Best not to use too many cashews as they have a slightly higher carb content. You can alter varieties/quantities to suit you.
100g mixed seeds. Sunflower, pumpkin and about 10g linseed.
50g unsweetened coconut.
50ml cold ppressed rapeseed oil.
2 teaspoon cinnamon.
You can add vanilla or any other flavouring.
Your choice of sweetener to taste. I use splenda. 2 teaspoons.
Can add cocoa powder to make a chocolate version, although this is an untried experiment.
Chop the nuts. Best do each variety separately as density varies. Mix everything together in a baking tray.
Cook at 150-180oC for approx 15- 20 mins.
Stir every 4-5 mins. To prevent burning and to ensure even browning.
Cool and store in an airtight container.
Serve with a splash of milk.
Or use as a topping for yoghurt.
Makes about 10 portions of 60ml.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the topic of gadgets, the Instant Pot mini looks to be about the size of my air fryer, so becomes a possibility. However, have also come across this. It’s larger, but appears to combine airfryer, slow cooker and pressure cooker. Anyone had any experience? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ninja-OP300UK-Foodi-Pressure-Multi-Cooker/dp/B07P9TS6NN

I have looked at that, but not with real intent at the moment.

Urvashi Pitre, the lady behind "Two Sleevers" has done a review here: https://twosleevers.com/ninja-foodi-review-pressure-cooker-and-air-fryer-combo/ The reason I have linked to urvashi's page is she is a fabulous foodie and recipe writer, but she is also a real IP fan, so I would suggest when she compares, she has a clue about both products.

As I understand it, the Ninja is squatter, so lower, but wide than the IP offerings. That is good for some things, but less so for outhers.

Looking at the cost, and considering you already have an air fryer you are used to, I might be inclined to go for the IP and stick with your AF for now. You'd have all that functionality and have parted with a fraction of the cash.

Of course, that may not be ultra helpful, in terms of your storage issues.

As I said before Black Friday is almost with us. if you use camelcamelcamel it'll track prices and send you alerts if any of your Amazon wish lists. Mine is old, but it give you an idea of what it could do.

upload_2019-11-20_9-42-20.png

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is the one we use although we bought from John Lewis for the 2 year guarantee. For me to make a large enough mug we fill twice, once with milk/cream and cocoa then second time with more milk. Very easy to clean - inside etc like the HC one but 1/2 the price.

I'm a little bit confused by the description of the capacity you mentioned there Ian.

Do you mean it can heat enough milk/froth for 2 large mugs?

I'm easily bewlidered..........

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a little bit confused by the description of the capacity you mentioned there Ian.

Do you mean it can heat enough milk/froth for 2 large mugs?

I'm easily bewlidered..........
1 large mug 2 fills = simples. Don't forget I'm from The Fens so E2L.