What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

dms1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mixed berries, cinnamon, ground flaxseeds, home-made coconut yogurt (much cheaper than shop-bought). Coffee and unsweetened soya milk - no dairy at the moment...

Reactions: 5 people

MrsHutt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: none
L: Lidl LC roll, toasted and topped with bacon and mushrooms! Absolutely scrummy!
D: vennison meatballs in tomato sauce with weird no carb, no calorie spaghetti stuff (not so scrummy) parmisan, raspberries and Greek yoghurt
S: Atkins Endulge chocolate thing!!

Reactions: 2 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee. More Coffee.
4 Half-Boiled Eggs with some butter and a lovely, large avocado...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been neglecting you all while focusing on my new Freestyle Libre toy - which is FAR better than sliced bread!

But am back now. Lol, ready for today's annual mince pie event. :woot:

Yesterday was:
B: coffee cream x2
L: warm crust less quiche
D: huge chicken thigh jalfrezi with cauliflower rice and sugar snaps at which point I sprawled on the sofa for 3 hours thinking I would burst. Fab.

Reactions: 7 people

Gerds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unfairness
small amount rough oats with cream, steak and spinach and mushrooms, blue cheese in cauliflower/chicken soup. ooh forgot i treated myself to tiny wee roast potato pre-cooked for tomorrow!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. White coffee with sweetener.
L. Green tea with liquorice and spice infusion. Mincepie.
T. Green tea with liquorice and spice infusion. Mincepie with extra thick double cream.
S. Chicken jalfrezi and basmati rice. Royal Gala apple. One square mint crisp chocolate.

Some walnuts and hazelnuts. Bit of cheddar.
Two thirds of a bottle of Australian Merlot (I might get through the other third before midnight!).

tigerlily72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - mug of tea with mushroom and smoked salmon omelette

L (at a local hotel) - Wild mushroom, Leek & Rosemary soup and I confess to eating the white bread crusty piece of baguette. 2nd course of King Prawns in tomato blush mayo with salad garnish. 3rd course Traditional turkey roast with 3 roast potatoes, pig in blanket, sprouts, carrots, broccoli and cabbage. 4th course of Choocolate & Cherry Cheesecake with a few raspberries. 5th course of 2 cups of tea and a couple of chocolate truffles (didn't have a mince pie).

I also had 2 glasses of Prosecco and a glass of Rioja.

Not long tested my blood sugars and they were . . . . 5.9 so really happy with that

Reactions: 4 people

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Full Christmas dinner - with all the trimmings. BG 6.3 2 hours after I finished. Let's see what the morning brings. Merry Christmas everyone.

MrsHutt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B: 2 scrambled eggs
L: full Christmas dinner including chestnut stuffing, 2 tiny roast potatoes and a roast parsnip, bread sauce, loads of veges, and THE most delicious pudding (with Cointreau cream!) And 2 glasses of fizz!!

10.2 two hours after

I may have a bit of smoaked salmon for tea in a bit!!

But I have realised the Christmas treat I miss the most - TERRY'S CHOCOLATE ORANGE!!! I would kill for one!!

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Did bacon sarnies for o/h and guest. Then a "quick" phone call to sis-i-l turned into nearly 2 hours so no time for me to eat.
L: Turkey, 2 small roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, brussels with bacon, cauliflower, tiny portion of stuffing, gravy.
Couple of hours later BS: 8.0 Small portion of home made low carb trifle (Atkins recipe). BS down to 6.5.

Think that will be it for today.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Much, much, much too much food - with BS mysteriously bouncing along between 3.3 and 5.4 - and I have no idea why!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anything and everything and way too much of it but never mind back on track today and thoroughly enjoyed xmas. BS stayed in the 6's so thats not too bad after a day of gluttony.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Scrambled Eggs & Smoked Salmon with Cava

Large Tiger Prawns with Lemon Mayonnaise & more Cava

Smoked Salmon, Prawns, Marie Rose sauce with rocket and Sauvignon Blanc

Turkey, Venison sausage in blankets, pigs in blankets, bread sauce, sage and onion stuffing, sausage meat stuffing, parsnips, red cabbage, broccoli.

Pinot Noir

Small piece of Xmas Pudding with extra thick double cream.

Small slice of baked cheese cake and raspberries.

Large Armagnac

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream, 2 eggs n cream, scrambled

L: 2 x LC toast with butter n marmite, 3 slices ham with mustard, coffee n cream

D: creamy broccoli and cauliflour, 2 eggs, steak, coke zero

S: sausage and sauce, chicken and lamb

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi guys this is my first post on this website im a newbie

I have just been diagnosed with type 2 (HbA1c of 78) so trying to make some changes before my first clinic on 8th jan.

any advice much appreciated most days have been better carbs wise but as I am at work I didn't get much chance to pre-prepare anything (I know this is something that will help in the long run though)

today I've eaten:

2x weetabix with semi skimmed milk
4 ryvita wholemeal crackerbreads with 2x dairylea triangles
quorn ham on wholemeal bread
alpro plain yogurt
25g walnuts
I'm at work so haven't had dinner yet, was thinking omelette with mushrooms?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello sugar-rush123, a big welcome,just looking at what you've eaten , are you testing your bs's? Have you had the info for new posters yet?

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello sugar-rush123, a big welcome,just looking at what you've eaten , are you testing your bs's? Have you had the info for new posters yet?
Hiya thank you!

I haven't had the info for new posters and my mum has been testing my levels (i don't have a testing kit) every now and then so far have been ok (ranging between 6.9 & 9.5 for 2 hours after supper.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hiya thank you!

I haven't had the info for new posters and my mum has been testing my levels (i don't have a testing kit) every now and then so far have been ok (ranging between 6.9 & 9.5 for 2 hours after supper.
Ok thats just a bit higher than normal but not too bad, ideally you want to be 4.9 to a max of 6.8 after meals, i will ask @daisy1 for the info for new posters for you, have a good read and come back with your questions, clive, ps your choice of omelette is a good one

sugar-rush123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok thats just a bit higher than normal but not too bad, ideally you want to be 4.9 to a max of 6.8 after meals, i will ask @daisy1 for the info for new posters for you, have a good read and come back with your questions, clive, ps your choice of omelette is a good one
thank you I will have a look :)

scottie909

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rap,reggie,heavy metal
2 bacon 2 eggs, lady grey tea
olives, toms, 5crackers and cheese lemonade
3toast wholegrain baked beans