What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Breakfast : 4 spoons of blueberry parfait. Black coffee.

Lunch : skip it to compensate for yesterday disaster .

Dinner : will go out and have steak salad .

No snacks today .

Bought these yellow doc marten soft leather booties for myself to cheer myself up after what happened yesterday

IMG_4817.jpg

Suggestion re what to wear with it welcome

Winnie-the-Pooh

You seem surprised. One obviously makes them fresh each year for World Carnivore Month. Don't make the mistake of looking for inspiration on hats of fish.:angelic:

Lol !
I even did not know about that diet. Just googled it. You don’t eat fruits and veggies and nuts ? Interesting!

I love my veggies, a lot . I am not vegetarian but maybe 70% of my diet is plant based . But I love a good egg and bacon too or a juicy yummy steak. As long as it’s free range and cruelty free

Reactions: Chook and maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bought these yellow doc marten soft leather booties for myself to cheer myself up after what happened yesterday

My daughter (20) has those Dr Martens, she likes wearing them with little flowery dresses but I guess that’s not suitable for current UK weather!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake ;)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
19-01-2020
Breakfast 2X CWC, pain kapnor with peanut butter and real butter
CWC and ( shocking! 4 digestives)
Lunch. More pain kapnor with ham and cheese.
Snack some cheese slices.
Dinner stuffed cabbage with carrots, and brocolli, one piece of potato. But three glasses of wine.
Bedtime lemon tea
Spent lot of time changing bedrooms today. Son is visiting. So we moved to the front bedroom. Lot of cleaning, but tomorrow is good chance it will all be covered in dust and soot again.
No time to read posts tonight. Will catchup in the car tomorrow. If signal allows.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm behind with the post reading again. Will catch up tomorrow but welcome back @ianpspurs - I've been humming the Adam's Family tune thanks to you "lurching"? Also spent part if the day discussing Darby O'Gill and the Little People - that movie must have made a lasting impression on me as I still remember being terrified by the Banshee and the headless coachman on the death coach. It was a very young Sean Connery too. Bed 4.7 FBG 5.6. Usual swimming lesson day.
B. TAG with ADOC and 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and a slice of smoked salmon.
L. Nothing at swimming lessons and the other round robin taking son & DIL to gym and pick up after.
D. DD had beef stroganoff on the schedule so beef stroganoff it was but I use Rick Stein's recipe (it isn't too dufferent) but no cauli rice. I swapped again @DJC3 - Celeriac chips. I did give into campari and soda too.

Back to Aqua tomorrow - only 3 weeks to the next holiday from school!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daughter (20) has those Dr Martens, she likes wearing them with little flowery dresses but I guess that’s not suitable for current UK weather!

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake ;)
I seem to recall, was it @Chook or @Brunneria that had rainbow Docs? It was around the time my DIL got new Docs - she has a few pairs.

Reactions: Chook

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm behind with the post reading again. Will catch up tomorrow but welcome back @ianpspurs - I've been humming the Adam's Family tune thanks to you "lurching"? Also spent part if the day discussing Darby O'Gill and the Little People - that movie must have made a lasting impression on me as I still remember being terrified by the Banshee and the headless coachman on the death coach. It was a very young Sean Connery too. Bed 4.7 FBG 5.6. Usual swimming lesson day.
B. TAG with ADOC and 2 scrambled eggs with parsley and a slice of smoked salmon.
L. Nothing at swimming lessons and the other round robin taking son & DIL to gym and pick up after.
D. DD had beef stroganoff on the schedule so beef stroganoff it was but I use Rick Stein's recipe (it isn't too dufferent) but no cauli rice. I swapped again @DJC3 - Celeriac chips. I did give into campari and soda too.

Back to Aqua tomorrow - only 3 weeks to the next holiday from school!

Only 3 weeks! You are in Scotland, aren't you? Do schools here have ANOTHER holiday coming up?

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal Glad you enjoyed the butter burger and thanks for the frying pan link. Good old John Lewis! Are they Teflon coated, can I use a metal spatula or do I need to use plastic/ silicone? I like the thought of a metal handle so it can be put in the oven.

On a whim, in their sale, I bought a hard anodised sauté pan and wok from Sainsbury's a couple of years ago, and over time have added another couple of bits. We have a full set of stainless steel pans, as well as a couple of Circulon frying pans, plus the cast iron. Yes, I know.....

The hard anodised are absolutely fab, and although based on aluminium, the process seals that in. Ours have survived all manner, without any scratching. The sauté pan base is over 30cm (although I can't measure it right now) and I find it rock solid and level on the cooker.

If I were buying a first pan, and wasn't confident I'd like it, I'd go to Lakeland - just because of their fabulous satisfaction guarantee.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Apologies for #chartgate but all connected to a difficult experience with a DD personalised diet. The Fungster seems to feel more love for fibre (and vinegar) . Voice aside, I am feeling more kindly about towards that guy these days.
@ianpspurs definitely bordering on TMI, but still amusing and upbeat as usual.

Reactions: maglil55

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 20/01/20
Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 175g non fat greek yoghurt, 13g protein peanut butter, 65g fresh blueberries, one black coffee, two white coffee with 60ml of 2% milk split between them.

Lunch: (traveling) coffee with 20ml of 1% milk, 2 white corn tortillas, made into little crispy chips, 50g spicy hummus, 24g cheese. Peppermint tea two hours after lunch.

Dinner: white coffee 20ml 2% milk, 114g tempeh fries in 1tsp olive oil, 2 microwave packs of broccoli, carrots and cauliflower, 140g in total for both, 50g sauerkraut, mustard. Lemon ginger, peppermint tea afterwards.

I now know how to make tortilla chips from frozen tortilas, I froze two packs. I zap them on 50% for two min, cut into triangles, pop under grill on low setting until crisp. They traveled well. Next time I will be prepared with a few cherry tomatoes to go with the cheese and hummus when traveling to medical appointments.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only 3 weeks! You are in Scotland, aren't you? Do schools here have ANOTHER holiday coming up?
Yes - East Lothian and it is only 3 weeks. This run up to the summer there seems to be lots of holidays This one, February half term is one week one day. It's no time at all after it to the Easter break. Boys are on a countdown although oddly, they were looking forward to returning after Christmas/New Year.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes - East Lothian and it is only 3 weeks. This run up to the summer there seems to be lots of holidays This one, February half term is one week one day. It's no time at all after it to the Easter break. Boys are on a countdown although oddly, they were looking forward to returning after Christmas/New Year.

I seem to have lost track of term and holiday times since I retired from teaching and even little Em doesn't keep me in touch. It just seems so soon after Christmas to be having another break. I guess teachers need it more than the kids though. Of course, it may be that I'm slowing down and therefore everything else seems to be speeding up. Certainly my weekly chat to my brother seems to come around with increasing rapidity ("What? Sunday again already?)

I was very hungry this morning and decided to have breakfast. I had a 200 g pack of Ardennes pate in the fridge and had half of that. Just looked it up on the Tesco website and it says 5+ grams carbohydrate per 100 g but it also says about 2.3 g sugar. I don't know if the carbohydrates given are total carbs or carbs other than sugar. It doesn't make it clear. I am hoping it is total. In which case, I just had a bit over 5 grams of carbs. Will check BG in about an hour and see what the effect was. FBG already a bit on the high side (8.9). Might have to check at 2 hours, 3 hours and 4 hours to see what, if any, effect fats have on my BG (discussion on carnivore site about that).