1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@ianpspurs good to see you unpacked the essentials first.
    @Cumberland your poor feet. That sounds horrible. I do hope you find a way to improve things.
    @Brunneria We too will be having steak and I have some halloumi imported from the UK. We will be making chips of it for the first time.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Glad it all went reasonably smoothly. Food sounds very good. Sainsbury’s is fine, It was my local before we moved and I miss it now. I’m impressed by the built in sous vide aspect of your new oven - that’s so impressive, I’d no idea you could get that.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh · Well-Known Member

Today :

Went to hospital to do my fasting blood and A1C ( last was was 2 months ago ).

Breakfast : bought a chicken wrap from a store near hospital . It was awful. So ate nothing .

Lunch : some pork and salad . It was such a small portion so one could hardly call it lunch . I drank a glass of green vegetable juice . Each serving had 12 gr carb .

Dinner : on the bus to go to mall to shop. It’s bf bday in a few days . Will have my dinner there . I’m starving .

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh · Well-Known Member

I got my test results .

A1C has gone to 6.2. In early December before meds and diet it was 7.5.

I was hopping for less since Dexcoom estimated 5.7 but then I only have had it for 1.5 months not 3 months .

Edit : fasting blood sugar was 83 which is 4.6.

How long after diagnoses , your A1C dropped ? I was diagnosed early December.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Quinn1066

Quinn1066 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Today 12/02/2020
    Preparing dinner now. Visited sister today and 14 week old niece, was a nice visit, she and her husband are close by now and down this end of the state.

Breakfast 50g rolled oats, 100g fat free natural yogurt, 70g blueberries, 21g peanut butter. 5 white coffee, 100ml milk between them all

Lunch: 42g sunflower sourdough, 145g raw tomato, 100g raw cucumber, mustard, salt, 4g butter, 26g reduced fat cheese, 102g ham

Dinner: 90g chicken breast, 187 fresh broccoli, 5g butter, 2 white corn tortilla, 40g salsa. BG was 4.4 before dinner, lunch was at 12.15, small walk and asmol asthma med before test done. first test in 5 days or so, so that's a good sign. lemon, ginger, chamomile tea after dinner, and Frasier season 2 to watch.

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

The sous vide aspect was something we saw whilst looking for things we knew we wanted to replace in the kitchen. This one was on offer from John Lewis https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewi...Z3vjqgEtKRI90mMfDhxoCv7MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds . Rude not to take the opportunity

• Like Like x 3
    #35206 ianpspurs, Feb 12, 2020 at 6:59 AM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  7. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Evening all. Wednesday is my busy day made busier by having to get up at 6 to ferry grandchildren to breakfast club. Gave me a chance to pop into M&S just as it opened on the way back. Resisted the jumpers.
    B: 2 mugs black coffee then off to walking group, a lovely sunny springlike day and beautiful countryside.
    L: DD Smoked salmon, egg butter and avocado. More coffee then back out again to the art group for a nice chatty afternoon.
    D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-salmon-cowboy-sauce never heard of Cowboy sauce and it has a long list of ingredients I wasn’t sure would work together but it was great.

• Like Like x 6
  9. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi All
    Horrible night of vomiting and diarrohea between 3 and 7am but after a shower at 8am and change of pjs I have had a sofa day and not looked back. Dont know what caused it as had omelette for dinner but I spent a few hours in Sainsburys cafe yesterday so may have picked up a germ there.
    Today’s food has been a slice of LivLife toast twice with tea.
    Am feeling fine now so am having courgetti with a small amount of Bolognese soon.

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Quinn1066

glad you are feeling better now, take it easy today and keep hydrated.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.
    Lunch: Mud crab and salad sandwiches.
    Dinner: T bone steak, veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar, water.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

3.50 am wakeup so tea a plenty early on then coffee around 11. Coffee again around 2.00 then unbelievably hungry around 3.00 so random hunk of cheese and 3 water biscuits with Brussels pate. Hot cross buns and soudough bread were tempting. Evening meal was chicken and avocado salad with lashings of mayo (never liked ginger beer). @PenguinMum hope the gastric are all good now. IP now found so short ribs tomorrow then hopefully new oven, hob and fridge fitted so potentially wider food choices.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #35212 ianpspurs, Feb 12, 2020 at 7:14 PM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  13. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Take it easy, plenty water and let everyone else wait on you. Hugs xx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Bed 6.5 FBG 6.3. what started as going to be a continuation of the DD schedule ended up being turned on its head by grandchildren and Hubby. Hubby is off to football tonight - grandchildren I had from 9.45am to 3.30pm. Hubby, I had to find something suitable for him to eat mid afternoon as he's not a big daytime eater. Boys of course wanted something totally different! Weather was alternating between sunshine and blizzards. Managed to get the boys to the library in a break in the weather and got a collection of books on Greek & Roman Mythology and Old Testament bible stories since they've developed an interest in all of them. Personally, I think they're absorbed by the gore in the old Testament! Two chattering voice - "Tell us about Cain and Able" then I made the mistake of mentioning Lot's wife . Oooo! What nasty thing happened to her??? What did she do wrong??? Having got through that, Pandora and King Midas - now relaxing on my own.
    B. TAG
    L. Nothing - too much chaos.
    D. An unintentional OMAD. Took bits from the salad I was supposed to have for lunch and turned it into a rather large Cloud Bread sandwich. Had to eat it with a knife and fork. Spread mayo on the cloud bread and added sliced chicken, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 tomato sliced, 1 sliced boiled egg and streaky bacon. It was wonderful! Shepherds Pie with cauliflower mash on top has now moved to tomorrow!
    How's the boxes doing @ianpspurs?

• Like Like x 5
  15. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.40 pm. Power has just gone off - just 2 minutes after I'd put the lights on and was just about to prepare my evening meal.

Lunch - 1.30 - was a mug of green gloopy soup.

Evening meal should be AF chicken wings and some (lost the internet at that point as well).

So - 8 pm and the power has just come back on and I have put the chicken wings in the AF and a selection of green veg in some butter in a pan on the hob. Probably all be ready about 8.30 - a bit later than intended, but not too late. Kept myself going with 2 small handfulls of salted peanuts. Also a bit low on fluids, but I'll try to make that up tonight - cold drinks on a freezing cold day in a cold house wasn't my idea of fun.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Quinn1066

glad the power is back on, yeah warm drinks on a cold day are much better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Oh no! How horrible for you, I’m glad you feel better now.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch: Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
    Mid afternoon: salted caramel phd bar and black coffee.
    Dinner: Bacon melts with cauliflower and brocolli followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
    (Tuna melts recipe but son was in for dinner and doesn’t like tuna, so subbed with bacon!)

4577F1E4-ABD4-45F8-9CE4-388070DC2396.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

What is it? I want it!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mouseee

mouseee · Well-Known Member

B- coffee
    L - bolognese (no pasta obvs!)
    D- not really!
    Apple and peanut butter, 2 veggie sausages.

But... cooking win! Coconut macaroons!
    Desiccated coconut folded in to whisked egg white, baked and then drizzled with dark chocolate. Pleased. Now two 'sweet' treats on my list.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook