1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@SlimLizzy so glad to hear Mr Slim better and your menu is just amazing. Enjoy the evening you both deserve it. Tomorrow is another day!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mouseee

mouseee · Well-Known Member

Evening!

Feeling tired as I roll slowly towards the end of the week and half term... whoop!

Breakfast - coffee and 2 veggie sausages

Lunch - beef stew and dumplings from freezer
    Naughty... half a tiny slice of chocolate brownie. Worth it!

Dinner - mushroom and cheese omelette

Apple and peanut butter

Yummy day!

• Like Like x 5
  3. PenguinMum

When these storms come in I always think of the folk in Cornwall, (which as you know I love) , but especially the fishermen. Such a hard job and it does explain how fresh fish is dearer than meat. Hope you, your family and Dennis atay safe and well this weekend.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

This morning black coffee x 2 then peppermint tea as too much black coffee gives me a stomach ache - V irritating.
    Lunch out at a garden centre near Padstow, lovely looking food so no idea why I had a cheese and mushroom omelette and salad. It was very nice but I meant to get the fish chowder.
    D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-thai-fish-curry-coconut this was lovely, made it with haddock, which luckily was available.

@maglil55 Sorry I didn’t thank you for posting the link to DD week 5, it didn’t let me see, but I did find it eventually by going back to the deep dive email. Like you I’ve changed a lot of it and it’ll be very different at the weekend when I have grandchildren here too. I’m still enjoying the food enormously ( apart from the bacon cheeseburger casserole)

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all. Playing catch up - long work day in Brum yesterday and didn’t get to post.

@PenguinMum hope you’re soon fully recovered.

Yesterday lunch was a bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and grilled onions at Five Guys around the corner from my favourite hotel in Brum - some unexpected free time in the day.
    Dinner was on the train - M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos plus a couple of bits of cheddar.

Today was my usual lunch of bacon eggs and cheese at the cafe near work.
    Dinner was chicken wings - 50/50 split of garlic Parmesan and lemon pepper flavours.

D25271E6-DB3E-40AA-87F4-4D87682246D4.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@shelley262 hope you stay safe. Bewdley is so prone to flooding. The barriers can only do so much.
    @PenguinMum thanks for you good wishes.as you can tell he is feeling better this afternoon and evening. I think it was partly overdoing it.
    @ianpspurs thank you. I think. Not sure why I deserve your praise though.
    Did I mention storm Dennis has taken the roof of a lean-to shed?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #35246 SlimLizzy, Feb 13, 2020 at 7:57 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  7. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Trooper for all the building work and hardcore gardening with a bad shoulder. Absolute result with Mr Slim being a chef and master builder.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. ianpspurs

I don't eat out or frequent pubs but this is less than 10 mins away. Is a gin menu common nowadays? https://www.guinnessarms.com/ Food not exactly LC but it does look enticing. We are baby sitting tomorrow whilst N0 3 son and DIL have valentine meal there. The steak does sound good as does venison Carpaccio.

• Like Like x 3
    #35248 ianpspurs, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:05 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  9. PenguinMum

It defo sounds amazing but the sides are a bit lacking for LC but I bet the rest is amazing.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Lunch at my friend’s (newly diagnosed type 2): Peking style spare ribs with creamy garlic mushrooms followed by LC chocolate brownies with cream and LC chocolate granola (dessert was my contribution to the meal :))
    Mid afternoon: black coffee.
    Dinner: mushroom and strong cheddar omelette with leafy salad followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. ianpspurs

I'm sure Ned (as those of us ITK call Lord I) has the staff to sort salad and some veg to go with the steak. Chips for 1 night would probably do.

• Like Like x 3
    #35251 ianpspurs, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:43 PM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Those brownies look amazing, great idea for a Valentines treat.
    I will try to keep Dennis contained, I think he’s exhausted himself here. I hope those flood barriers hold, it doesn’t seem a minute since you got the worst of the floods before.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes please. I, for one, would like to see pics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. SlimLizzy

Birthday dinner 20200213_190521.jpeg 20200213_193923.jpeg 20200213_202515.jpeg 20200213_203619.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. SlimLizzy

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh · Well-Known Member

Ok I’m coming over for dinner

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

It was a starvation day .

Breakfast : less than half a small omelet ( was too busy to finish it).

Lunch: half a cucumber , and 3-4 spoons of ground beef I managed to find in pasta ( tried not to eat the pasta itself except a few tiny random bits) . That was all that was available at work .

Snack : A tiny square of chocolate .

Dinner : After starvation today , I was very hungry . So guess what ? After 20 yrs , I ordered MC Donald since it was the fastest !!! Last time I had MCD , I was a student , 20 yrs ago.

I removed the upper bun and had a triple cheeses burger ( without the upper bun ) and salad with bacon .

I was so hungry that it tasted better than a Michelin restaurant! So pathetic of me I know !

Picture attached IMG_4951.jpg

Edit : No spikes ! Bg went up to 116 = 6.5. Dexcom shows no spikes at all . This means I can have half a normal bun

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Winnie-the-Pooh

I’m glad your MrSlim is feeling better . He sounds like a very resourceful and nice MrSlim. Hope he had a great birthday and you both have many many yrs of happiness!
    My bebe is also having his birthday . I’m excited.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Quinn1066

Quinn1066 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Today 14/02/2020
    Taken band aid off cut letting it face elements and get wet. Will take shower tonight, got some hand cream that seems to be helping my hands.

Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 150g fat free yoghurt, 20g peanut butter, 5 white coffee, 100ml milk between them

Lunch: 42g sprouted sunflower sourdough (last piece from freezer), 120g cucumber, 130g tomato, 126g dry cured ham, 2g butter, mustard, 20g cheese

Dinner: 130g safcol tuna in oil (6g fat), 4g butter, 40ml salsa, 15g cheese, 31g raw red onion, 190g fresh broccoli boiled, 2 white corn tortilla.

• Like Like x 7
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook