What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
biscuit barrel.JPG
Had the rest of the chicken and ham omelette at 10.45.
Tea with a visitor about 1 pm and I resisted the biscuit - from Em's supply in the biscuit barrel! (Don't tell me - biscuit barrels are very old fashioned, but a dear cousin made it for me so it sits on the kitchen dresser, therefore it has to be used - Em's logic of course.)
For this evening I've taken another unlabelled bag of something from the freezer - suspect it is more of the lamb and veg stew, so that'll be OK.

Edit - once again the pic came in above the text - don't know how I do it!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That is the prettiest biscuit barrel!
Edit - once again the pic came in above the text - don't know how I do it!
After posting a pic, your cursor will be on the right of the pic, so that's where you write. Move it to the left with the arrow before you write.

Winnie-the-Pooh

I’m fasting today (except coffee /tea). Will eat dinner at 5-6 pm . It will be prawns . It is to compensate for yesterday .

I ordered a new coffee table . Pic attached . The old one was 5-6 yrs old and very cheap looking .

How do you think about my new coffee table ? It’s large (48 inches ).

IMG_4963.jpg

Edit : I have a red sofa , a yellow arm chair and a nomadic rug with red patterns .

Winnie-the-Pooh

That is the prettiest biscuit barrel!

After posting a pic, your cursor will be on the right of the pic, so that's where you write. Move it to the left with the arrow before you write.

Yes , so in other words , the pic will be inserted where the cursor is. Put the cursor where u want the pic to be.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Ok about computer games , I have lots to say .

Looking at the posts about computer games. I personally ( and I appreciate others might disagree ), have not played with computer games ever , but have helped making them as a scientist . And I usually don’t let my nieces play with them. But of course , it is up to parents and to decide what is best for their child.

Here is my reasons.

1- Part of it is because even the ones with the least violence ( like Minecraft ) still have some mild none graphical violence against humans or animals or normalize it.

2- The second part of my reasoning is because playing games reduces social interaction , book reading , solving puzzles , lego time , crafts , science experiments etc .

3- The third part is that , there is this idea that working with computers and playing games will help learning how to code . It is not true at all , and even if it did, coding is not a big deal at all .

Learning a programming language , is super easy and won’t get a child too far . But learning the maths and the algorithms behind computer science is essential, hard and worth the effort .

For that reason , I always encourage my nieces to use that time to practice maths and learn science . Coding , sounds nerdy , but it’s super easy to learn any time you want.
I learned advanced C language when I was a kid. But what made me successful in my career and set me apart from others was the maths and the science.
Doing computer science professionally and properly needs lots of maths and algorithms , and that only comes from intense math education.
I often encourage my nieces to do maths, science , art , literature and human and social science and leave computers alone .

I myself don’t have a TV at home ( never had a TV in my life) and my condition to visit family and friends is that when I’m there there should be no TV time, no and no computer games time .
It was hard for them at first, but overtime they learned to enjoy their time without TV , without games and without ear shattering music .
Now as a result of my enforcement over years , my nieces play the piano , know a lot about classic literature and music and have lots of favorite science books that they cherish. Learning about evolution or poetry or painting or maths would do them better than learning about a programming language even if they want to be a code developer in future . It opens their mind and make them better and more responsible citizens.

Just my 2 cents .

Reactions: Barb McD

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all water in river Severn is still rising but environment agency has now managed to get our flood barriers up so hoping it will hold it back. Gather they are evacuating some homes downstream at Upton on Severn tonight as worried that their flood barriers may not be up to holding back the predicted levels - but ours are quite high - when in place! I’m hoping for a walk tomorrow but will definitely be higher in the valley not near the river which is dangerous and still rising fast.
Brunch two boiled eggs and half toasted chaffle
Dinner sea bream with lemon and chervil butter served with broccoli and asparagus followed by LC raspberry pudding with yoghurt.
@SlimLizzy just saw on news Worcestershire cricket ground is under 8feet of water already and peak not arrived!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks you so much @maglil55. Now you have gone to so much trouble I am duty bound to give it a try. Spicing for us would need to be very mild as Julie a) doesn't like much spice and has severe pain if she ever eats anything very spiced by accident.
Just noticed I didn't mention the spices were fried off in a little rapeseed oil. Julie will know to reduce the heat, reduce the chilli. You can also use my method. Remove some and add coconut cream or Greek fage yoghurt. Enjoy.

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. I’ve had that crusted omelette @maglil55 and thought it was great. Eldest daughter often has it for supper now if she’s late home from work - quite an inspired idea really. Looking forward ( I think!) to the cabbage mash verdict. I like cabbage but not sure mashing would improve it.
Up early as girls stayed over, didn’t mean to have breakfast but by 9:30 they were on 2nd breakfast and I was hungry so a fridge buffet of h/b egg, 1/2 avocado, 3 slices salami.
L: again didn’t mean to have any but by the time we’d got home at 2pm I was hungry again ( girls had eaten out) bit of leftover lamb and about 20g cheddar.
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-oven-baked-meatballs-with-cauliflower-slaw I have made this before and although the cauli slaw is an odd bedfellow with the meatballs I liked it.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So today I tried black tea until about 11.00 am - needed sweetener. I have now found the strainer and Sencha tea so that may be a goer "going forward" Only meal was fish soup with grated cheese after dentist for a filling - back in the old country very strange not to be "going home". Have to say that was up there with the best things I have eaten in 4.5 years eating LC. 1 row Lindt 85% which is about my limit (except N01 Ecuador from guess who) Great day with grandchildren including story writing with grandson. Hope all are dry and safe following Dennis. No eggs today as Julie seems to find those 23 less fragrant today.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Make sure you hit the ENTER key twice so the text is not scrunched up under the pix.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
(Missed lunch, life got in the way!)
Mid afternoon at a local coffee shop: coffee with cream and a birthday cake phd bar.
Dinner: Peking style ribs with creamy garlic mushrooms followed by SF jelly with coconut chia pudding and keto coconut granola.

206EB75A-9BFC-44C8-9762-9B18E15A5535.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

B: bone broth and lc hc
L: lc protein shake (too busy to phaff!)
D: home made lamb burglars with piri piri mayo and a single new potato.

Then, just now, a dollop of double cream with a tablespoon of Whole Earth hazelnut choc butter.
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/305429689
now that was an unwise purchase!!!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs - the solution to liking black tea is go to Poland for 4 weeks on holiday. I explained it to @DJC3 that we went on honeymoon. By the time we came back tea with milk tasted awful.
Bed 6.2 FBG 6.1 - week 6 of DD. Monday is OMAD day and the last day of half term. Back to normal tomorrow. No Aqua today. I was 3rd on the wait list and didn't get in. Not too worried as the weather is vile again.
B. Just TAG.
L. Nothing,
D. Ate a couple of Dairylea triangles while putting together dinner which, like DJC3, was a return to the cheesy meatballs with cauliflower coleslaw. I agree that it's odd but nice. I added 1/2 avocado, boiled egg and 2 mozzarella pearls to the mix. Later a blueberry Skyr.
DD-659-MeatLoafMuffins.jpeg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Not long home after a very long day in Cardiff for work. Train had to be diverted on the way out due to floods and then on return there were overhead power issues....somehow managed to clock up 27,000 steps, including getting stranded in an industrial estate near the M4 and having to be rescued by the person I was going to meet, whom I’d never met before. LOL.

Anyway, onto food. Around 3pm bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and grilled onions at Five Guys. Still hungry a bit later so picked up some rollitos and a small piece of cheese in M&S for the train home. Couple of large mugs of tea with cream in between.

@Brunneria not a bad carb count on that jar of choc/peanut stuff. Very dangerous though! I managed to stay well away from the HC cafe in Cardiff.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My oxtail-and-veggies stew turned sauerkraut, very yummy. Added sauerkraut, creme fraiche, tomato paste and lots of paprika to last weeks oxtail from the freezer. Forgot to make a picture but I had a friend over for dinner and cinema and I remembered when he had a second helping :). Still enough leftovers for the next 2 days :)

We wanted to see 'Parasite' but it was sold out, and nothing else to do in a small city on a monday night so we went back home for a drink and will try again tomorrow afternoon :)
Because he'll be here again tomorrow I got to borrow his two dogs :) Tonight I'll be sleeping with three generations of dog family in my bed; Grandma, 2 daughters and a granddaughter, plus however many of my 4 cats decide to join us :D

(edit: Oh, my post looks like the smileys were on a discount today: Use three, get two for free!)

86703282_10219862317462690_2595811412601208832_o.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Antje77 and @Winnie-the-Pooh, I'll try to do it right in future.

The poly bag from the freezer contained a vegetable stew but didn't feel very filling. Em had come in after school and, not being allowed to have more than one biscuit from the barrel, she decided to invent something "healthy" so made a mixture of various nuts and a few dried apricots which she then blitzed in a processor and added a little sea salt (I wouldn't let her have sugar). She ate a little of it with a spoon and gave some to me in a little bowl. The rest she took home to add to some waffles she intends to make tomorrow.

So the upshot was that I made a coffee flavoured cream and sprinkled some of my portion of the mixture over it. Pic below (I hope). Felt a bit fuller after that.

EM'S MIXTURE.JPG

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m fasting today (except coffee /tea). Will eat dinner at 5-6 pm . It will be prawns . It is to compensate for yesterday .

I ordered a new coffee table . Pic attached . The old one was 5-6 yrs old and very cheap looking .

How do you think about my new coffee table ? It’s large (48 inches ).

View attachment 38724

Edit : I have a red sofa , a yellow arm chair and a nomadic rug with red patterns .

Looks like a nice, strong and sturdy piece of furniture and it sound as though it will fit in well with your decor. Hope you enjoy using it.

Reactions: Winnie-the-Pooh

RoscoeB78

Im a newly diagnosed T2 and its great to see Bacon is okay :)
My first BG test was 17.5 and now a week later it is 5.1 fasting and 6.0 2 hours after eating. Heres what I ate today :
Breakfast 10am : Tin Of Tuna Wraped in Iceberg Lettuce
Dinner 4pm : Salad consisting of Lettuce, Red Onion, Cucumber, Tomato, Tuna and Corned Beef
7pm Cup Of Tea no sugar and a tiny amount of full skimmed milk.
Even though my BG tests are in the normal range I feel like they are low ( weak, shakey, tired ) I am hoping this will soon pass and is my body adjusting to normal levels.
I am taking Glicazide 80mgs before both meals.
Got to find ideas for low carb snacks I think.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hello everyone I have been having terrible insomnia again. Are there any insomniacs out there? what do you do to get to sleep? I only go to bed when tired which is very late around 1.30am but still can't sleep. And last night I finally feel asleep around 3.40am to then got out of bed around 11.40am. But love any tips.

Any way my meals for Yesterday

Full fat Greek Yoghurt with some mixed nuts about 6 in total almonds pistachios, cashews and small handful of craisins. Washed down with black coffee

Was hungry around 4 hours later so opened a tin of Brunswick Salmon in chili and olive oil had them on salada biscuits with butter and mint leaves.

Black plum

Dinner was

3 x Chicken tenderloins that I marinated in Greek yogurt and coated with almond and parmesan cheese cooked in the oven with olive oil and butter and mint leaves. Served with some carrots and broccoli.

A Maggi beer Burnt fig, honeycomb & caramel ice cream.