What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Winnie-the-Pooh

Hi,

Had a busy day , with experiments getting mixed up and migraine killing me.

Breakfast : omelette as usual . And one mandarin

Lunch : nothing

Snack : one mandarin

Dinner : Might eat a sausage if the grocery delivery is on time .

Reactions: Chook and maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Quinn1066 sorry for all the challenges and wishing you all the best.
@shelley262 hope the river continues to drop and things can get more “normal”. Stupid ideas of how to treat yourself that some people have, just making time for yourself in your own space is what everyone would appreciate.
Yesterday I had usual LL toast, butter, tea x2 for brekkie. Ham salad for lunch and cup of tea after with 2 squares Lindt 90. Supper was roasted chunks aubergine, red onion and one tomato with herbs.
Today brekkie same.
Am making some green veg soup so that will be lunch.
Supper will be giant fishfingers with salad or brocolli.
Hugs to all who could use them.

ed. to correct a broken link

Last edited by a moderator:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought I would post in this thread, as most of the people I know are here. I had rolled oats again for breakfast, with yoghurt and blueberries. A salad with sardines for lunch, and I plan to have eggs and green beans for dinner. But things are becoming too much. My knees hurt, my stomach is playing up constantly, and eating is becoming a challenge, along with the simplest of daily tasks. Heck I can't even take blood glucose measurements anymore, as the circulation to my fingers is non existent. I will keep my account here, I will be back when I am in proper health. I have met many great people here, especially some of the Aussies and peeps from England. Hugs to everyone.I have the support of my family, and a mental health team, I am safe and not planning to do anything, it's just posting about food is re-inforcng the bad thoughts.
Looking forward to hearing from you again when you are able. Glad you have support and with that support you'll get through it. Stay positive xxx

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Chicken Breast with skin from roast chicken. Cauliflower mash with Mascarpone, Butter, Parmesan and seasoning. Curried sauce with, coconut milk, Mascarpone and cream.

I get the impression I am enjoying this more than OH is :D

Supper: Mozzarella Tomato salad, Avocado, Slice of ham wrapped around Mascarpone and 3 slices of cured beef.

Be happy for someone to let me know if I have got this low carb thing wrong :)
Looks fine to me. Sauce on the chicken looked very Thai Green Curry to me. I'm a fan of the Thai red curry. I have a similar problem with an OH that prefers mostly plain "normal" food so all I do is adapt the meals slightly. For example, curries he will eat but he gets basmati rice with his - mine is cauliflower rice. He has naan and if I can be bothered I'll make a Diet Doctor garlic naan. Mostly, it's a case of maybe adding some kind of potato to his meal. I've gradually got him to eat some things - cauliflower "steak" with parmesan he likes. Have a look at Dietdoctor.com.

Reactions: Chook

KathyFrance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks fine to me. Sauce on the chicken looked very Thai Green Curry to me. I'm a fan of the Thai red curry. I have a similar problem with an OH that prefers mostly plain "normal" food so all I do is adapt the meals slightly. For example, curries he will eat but he gets basmati rice with his - mine is cauliflower rice. He has naan and if I can be bothered I'll make a Diet Doctor garlic naan. Mostly, it's a case of maybe adding some kind of potato to his meal. I've gradually got him to eat some things - cauliflower "steak" with parmesan he likes. Have a look at Dietdoctor.com.
Thanks for your input.
We both need to be Low Carbing. He's not yet being treated for Type 2 but is having regular blood tests to keep an eye on him.
Both of us morbidly obese.
I was going to do curry today BUT have used all my cauliflower up making cauliflower mash :(
I didn't add chilli to the sauce, that would have improved it especially as Mascarpone is so tasteless.
I have looked at Diet Doctor thanks.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday - bed 5.7 FBG 5.5. @shelley262 - so glad he Severn is finally dropping back. I'm with @DJC3 - How did you manage to stay silent? Things like that make me want to scream. I delivered a Roman Centurion and the Emperor to school this morning. Nice seeing all the kids with their outfits and books this morning and the teachers get in the spirit too dressing up. Anyway, yesterday's food. It was an unintentional OMAD. I was pushing on with my ironing and I finally got on top of it again (apart from a few more sheets/bed sets). Now the trick is to stay on top of it.
B. TAG
L. Nothing.
D. Was starving so had the one remaining drumstick from Tuesday's air fried batch and 2 walnuts. Yesterday's offering was the DD goats cheese and mushroom frittata. As well as the spinach and spring onion in it, I also added a little chopped bacon. Another rather nice and simple dish. Served with 4 chopped santini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 4 walnuts and mayo. Still hungry so had 100g Isey skyr and 1 square G&B mint.

No movement on weight this week. Nothing lost or gained so that's fine.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

KathyFrance

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner (middayish)
Chipolatas, Shredded cabbage seasoned and fried in butter, Mushrooms fried in butter and leftover mashed cauli and sauce from yesterday.

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    946.6 KB · Views: 261

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a very large breakfast at 6 this morning. BG was 4.2 at 2 am but was up to 5.2 by the time I got up. So breakfast was a 2 egg omelette with some beefy kind of stewy thing I got out of the freezer last night on top of it. Very tasty, if a bit odd.

2.50 pm - BG currently 4.5.

Hoping the big breakfast will see me through to 7 this evening. Hoping the BG doesn't drop too far so that I have to have a digestive biscuit to bring it back up into range. Then I have some roast beef in gravy - also out of the freezer and will make some butternut squash chips to go with it.

This BG thing is odd, isn't it? One week I can't get BG down whatever I do and now I'm having problems keeping it up - and that's not because I'm fasting, because when I was trying to do IF and so was eating in a much smaller window, it still kept on going up. Insulin levels are the same as before as well. It's all very odd. As Yul Brynner once said "Is a puzzlement!"

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.Late to put it on the page but hope all is as well as possible with you @Quinn1066 . You will be missed but not forgotten.
Menu today: Breakfast/brunch: 2 x 700 mls Tea 1 AM + sweetener; 1 = AM; CWC + SF caramel syrup; L: Cold lamb shoulder and avocado salad with chia and flaxseeds; Eve: 45 gms Zywieka, ?gms (not many) cheddar, 2 rows Chocologic Belgian chocolate because I actually don't know what I want, what I really, really want
... I wanna really, really, really wanna zig-a-zig ah but we're out of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Today I had black coffee x few this morning.
Lunch at NT cafe (Lanhydrock) bacon cheeseburger, no bun or potato wedges. When I requested no dressing on the salad but some olive oil instead, the server asked if I ‘was Keto?’ When I said yes she told me she tried it and felt a lot better on it but couldn’t keep it up with working at the cafe surrounded by the wonderful cakes etc, especially she said as they were encouraged to taste test them. Poor girl.
A fraught few days with family issues, haven’t been able to keep to the DD plan or get to the butchers. Made a pasta thing for granddaughters and rest of family then for me a LoDough quiche of which I had 1/2 (spinach, cheese, 2 chopped cherry toms) with hot sauce. Glass of red to try to calm down a bit.
@maglil55 the girls didn’t dress up for World Book day - they had to decorate a potato!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've heard that one, about carers needing to be good to themselves. It is kindly meant, but often the self-caring is not what is needed. Even a whole box of chocolates wouldn't have taken away the stress and anxiety when I was nursing my husband - even if I could have eaten them. I probably did the wrong thing and I quite deliberately ignored my own needs - that made me feel better somehow (suffering alongside him?). Foolish. But the Eatwell plate! Are people really flogging that one still? Even our dietician, who doesn't believe in low carbing, gave me a booklet with carbohydrate levels of food in for me to check with.
Feel self care is really important for carers but not eating sugar - definitely not a reward for me! Time to relax however and mindfulness would be very helpful! Plus taking care of myself by eating high quality low carb food would be very welcome.......

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bewdley Bridge fully open yay! Let’s hope it stays so!
Caring visit hard today with lots to do but at least much shorter journey and less time in car - makes it easier!
Breakfast scrambled egg and half a toasted chaffle
Sometime during my caring day - dd lc nut and seed bar with flask of coffee
Dinner bolognese with konjac spaghetti and cheese, large glass of red! Followed by lc lemon and lime mousse with yoghurt and cream.
My paid work is on the agenda for next few days- provided no caring issues. Planning three small meals a day for next few days - helps me to stick to my work having a lc meal to look forward to!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unexpected day at my parents house, so chucked various food stuffs in an ice bag before leaving.
Breakfast at home: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x Babybels with salad followed by Greek yoghurt, coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd bar black coffee.
Dinner: My Dad’s fish pie (he lovingly took the potato off my portion and added extra cheese for me :)) with a tiny portion of peas followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Late posting today, fell asleep on the sofa.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Lamb's lettuce with homemade Caesar's dressing, gouda and steak strips. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Dinner: Chicken liver pate (125g), a chicken wiener, half a DD keto roll with butter, 20g of 88% chocolate. Two glasses of dry red wine.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon All

Yesterday:
B: bone broth and lchc
L: forgot
D: last of the chicken 'pasta' bake. Glad to see the back of it. Won't bother with that again.
S: goatsmilk yog

Today:
B: scrambled eggs (3)
L: baked feta with herbs and too much 70% choc :couchpotato:
D: will be alone, because Mr B will be at work and I don't have to cook for both of us. Steak. YUM! Maybe with a teensy smear of chipotle paste... if I feel the need. Loverly.

Came to the sad realisation that there is NO MORE room in the freezers. We have two, one under-fridge and one under-counter. The under counter one was only bought when we switched the hounds to raw frozen food and needed the extra storage. Nowadays they only get one-and-a-bit drawers, with us greedy humans taking up all the rest. And currently there is not even a whisker of space left. Now we need to get eating it all... :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday @Antje77
Thank you! Wrong thread to post about my birthday breakfast but I can tell you it was very good and spiked me to double digits, even with lots of insulin :hungry:
Good thing diabetes doesn't count when it's your birthday, I expect to see a very rare mountain range on my Libre graph after my evening meal as well :bag::hungry:

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3