What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
Lunch: Imported Danish Blue cheese triangle eaten off the end of a knife, someone was not impressed with that trick. :meh:
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar, water.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
29-03-2020
Breakfast 2 slices of hallu.i fried in butter. Confit Chicken livers. CWC And a cup of tea with semi skimmed milk. Have decided to save one portion of cream for mid morning coffee.
Lunch. Not a lot left. One slice toasted pain Kapnor( that leaves one for tomorrow) with pâté. Made a sort of salad from artichoke hearts and black olives. Turned out the olives had stones. :sour:
Dinner: no idea what my to call the mess on a plate we had tonight. Started out as ratatouille, mixed in some cooked mince with onions put onto some cooked pasta into a dish (20 wholemeal penne for me)(tagliatelle for him)and then topped with bechemal sauce and cheese. Green beans from the freezer, few bits of cauliflower and broccoli left from yesterday.
Had two of the low carb biscuits I made earlier. Not very good:hungover:. MrSlim thinks crumbled with milk as a cereal might work.
Wasted the vast majority of my peanut butter making them :grumpy:
Something has gone awry with the plumbing. There is a truly appalling smell in the bathroom. Did a thorough clean, including showertrap. All seemed well. Hour later just as bad. Have flushed activator and am hoping that will sort it out. Meanwhile the light stays on. Extraction is now essential .
Was planning shopping trip but flat battery scuppered that. Now googling salad recipes from canned goods . Tomorrow will be a version of three bean salad. However looking for ideas before I go on the big buying spree. To make sure I get the neccessary. I don't mean loo rolls either.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
29-03-2020
Breakfast 2 slices of hallu.i fried in butter. Confit Chicken livers. CWC And a cup of tea with semi skimmed milk. Have decided to save one portion of cream for mid morning coffee.
Lunch. Not a lot left. One slice toasted pain Kapnor( that leaves one for tomorrow) with pâté. Made a sort of salad from artichoke hearts and black olives. Turned out the olives had stones. :sour:
Dinner: no idea what my to call the mess on a plate we had tonight. Started out as ratatouille, mixed in some cooked mince with onions put onto some cooked pasta into a dish (20 wholemeal penne for me)(tagliatelle for him)and then topped with bechemal sauce and cheese. Green beans from the freezer, few bits of cauliflower and broccoli left from yesterday.
Had two of the low carb biscuits I made earlier. Not very good:hungover:. MrSlim thinks crumbled with milk as a cereal might work.
Something has gone awry with the plumbing. There is a truly appalling smell in the bathroom. Did a thorough clean, including showertrap. All seemed well. Hour later just as bad. Have flushed activator and am hoping that will sort it out. Meanwhile the light stays on. Extraction is now essential .
Was planning shopping trip but flat battery scuppered that. Now googling salad recipes from canned goods . Tomorrow will be a version of three bean salad. However looking for ideas before I go on the big buying spree. To make sure I get the neccessary. I don't mean loo rolls either.

Lots of hugs for you after that post. First for the bathroom pong. Will you be able to get hold of a plumber?
I really sympathise with the loss of peanut butter by making unimpressive biscuits. I’ve done similar things and wasted good ingredients and been annoyed at myself.
Flat battery on your car must have felt like the final straw! Good luck with the tiinned salads.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
29-03-2020
Hugs for the combination of misfortune during generally trying times. My ears pricked up (as I have heard no one ever say) at the mention of salad in combination with tins. I shall read your posts carefully for further details. Hope today goes better.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lines are indeed open - just put on hold then cut off. We have a Tesco order of some sort tomorrow then we'll see what happens with the database link.
I made a mistake in that phone number @ianpspurs which I've since corrected. End is 1700 - fingers too big for small keyboard!

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I made a mistake in that phone number @ianpspurs which I've since corrected. End is 1700 - fingers too big for small keyboard!
Fat finger syndrome (which I'm sure yours aren't) has been known to be very costly. Thanks for the update - will try but not at all optimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Brunneria I've got the same problem with Mr C. We've had several conversations about him not just popping out to the local corner shop whenever he feels like it. :rolleyes:
He's now worried that if the government increase the lockdown he won't be able to go to work. I'm worried about that too - he'd be like a caged tiger.

@ianpspurs I'm so sorry to read about Julie showing symptoms and i hope they don't develop in to anything. Good luck with the new appliances.

@SlimLizzy Big hug coming your way for all your problems - it never rains but it pours. What did that ratatouille mix taste like? It sounds very.... um..... interesting. :)

I found a seller on eBay with all the summer plants i want so I've ordered them but they are only tiny plug plants which I've never bought before. Fingers crossed a) they arrive okay and b) i don't kill before they are big enough to be planted out.

We've had a couple of short hail storms here today - for a moment I thought it was snowing!

My food....

B. Usual 3 egg omelette with almond flavour carb free syrup

L. Actimel and a small chunk of cheese

D. A stirfry of leftover (from yesterday) Vivera plant based 'steak', bean sprouts, pak choi, fennel, red pepper, spring onions and the last of my sugar free sweet chilli sauce

Drinks. Black decaff coffee and lots of water. Not sure about wine today - i think its getting to be too much of a regular thing.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook i am lethal to those tiny plug plants. They die in regiments for me. :( Hope you are more successful!

My problem is definitely going to be eating - too often and too much

skipped B because I ate too much yesterday, but am already planning a lunch-fest of pulled pork instead of tinned fish.
And D is likely to be stew (again), but I think the extras will creep in. Yog. Nuts. Cheese...

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing eaten so far - just 5 cups of tea. FBG was 9.9 and current BG is 14.5. It was pretty high yesterday as well. Actually took a normal dose of insulin with no food to follow last night to bring it down from 16.8.

Took some more insulin this morning but don't suppose it's a good idea to do that too often without food. We'll see how it goes.

I've taken some shin beef out of the freezer, ready to have for dinner, if I have any. It's just stewed with onions as you would to make a pie filling. Hoping it tastes of something worth taking the trouble to eat.

Neil was working on the car this morning and the battery is flat - been stood there for days. It has been causing some problems recently but now it just isn't doing anything. He has a booster to connect to the mains, but even that didn't get the car started. We're hoping he can find a garage open tomorrow to buy a new battery. Just what we needed right now.

I actually got a reply (on Sunday!) from the local council. Amazing. They will let the social work department know we are here and could do with some assistance. Virus symptoms still not devastating but persistent. Tight chest and a bit of sneezing, lots of catarrh and mouth and eyes very dry and sore. Normal aches and pains of course, but that's not new. Don't know what that sounds like. I don't really feel ill, just very tired and sleepy. Neil has currently retired to his room and is probably asleep - his body seems to work on a 25 hour cycle which medics can't reset so his sleep time shifts forward by an hour every day. At present it is in the afternoon. That's why he was out trying to fix the car this morning.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Snacking @DJC3 @Brunneria can totally relate to that.

A bit better today - managed to not eat anything until after 1pm, greatly aided by an early walk which I managed to draw put for over 2 hours. @Chook it also hailed here - did look a bit like snow.

So an extended OMAD/TMAD. Started with dessert of almond butter and cream followed by DGF double chocolate brownie with cream and then a bag of Awfully Posh pork crackling. Dinner proper was oxtail - getting the hang of doing it in the IP.

The aim is for that to be it for the day.

36808B8E-2EF2-40E9-B8FD-1B5C45C17EC7.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon all. Day 2 of very strict segregation in Pville - I'm downstairs pup sitting, doing some washing, making tea and toast and checking via Google Duo on Julie. She has slept most of the day. If she doesn't answer the video call at what stage does one go into the bedroom to check? Haven't had "the meal" yet but this is the menu: Breakfast: TWAM+S : Dockey: CWC + SF caramel syrup; L: 2 x Hi Lo toast, some cheddar: Aft: Water; Meal: Corned beef and avocado salad with chia and flaxseeds; Stewed rhubarb Greek yogurt - Fage. @DJC3 I can't say I noticed any snow here. How do you guys manage to graze on this stuff? Tesco delivered basically what we ordered - no more slots until at least April 20th. How does one anti-bac a slice of bread which will have been handled by goodness knows who?- not convinced those catering gloves are adequate protection even if available. There are limits to this protection. Hope everyone is safe and well.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.4 FBG 5.7. Delighted to hear your local authority has been in touch @Annb. Mine is one with no contact details yet and I have neighbours with blood cancers and brain tumours I've been trying to help. Found out today Nicola is finally getting around to getting a volunteer group up and running. What took so long?? Still no moves to identify the shielding group and no dedicated web site so it's nice to hear that the local authority is getting in touch. I'll say again, what's needed is organisers with an eye for detail and joined up thinking. @ianpspurs - glad the Tesco delivery worked and sorry Julie isn't doing so well. It is exhausting but sleep is good. I hope she turns a corner soon. @Goonergal - nice to see you are well on the mend too. @SlimLizzy - virtual hugs. I hope you can get some resolution.
Me? I went backwards a bit yesterday. My legs went into severe tone mode right into abdominal area so it took paracetamol, hot shower and stretches at 2am to try to get some relief. Eventually got some sleep and woke at 9.22am (clock forward), another hot shower and felt a bit better. Sinuses seem to be settling. Later I felt well enough to do a good disinfecting clean on the downstairs bathroom and part of upstairs. It was a pleasant day so windows were open to air the house.
B. TAG
L. Nursery food! Boiled 2 eggs, mashed with butter and a little mayo and ate with my last 2 fine milled oatcakes.
D. Cooking currently. Chicken breast stuffed with Monterrey Jack and wrapped in Parma ham. Green beans, mushrooms and I have sliced celeriac cooking in the oven with butter and onions.
Just having a campari and soda.

Quite enjoyed Rocketman. A bit odd at first but it is a kind of fantasy of his early life. Just waiting for Yesterday to come out of Sky Store now.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t get excited that I’ve caved in.... I just wanted to share some photos of what government are sending out as their box of food to feed you for a week if you are classified as vulnerable. These are photos of contents of box just sent out. I know it’s difficult you may be starving and it’s food but can’t help but feel that eating it would make you even more vulnerable!
In my low carb world today I ate
Breakfast bacon, egg, sausage and toasted chaffle
Lunch cheese and lc seeded crackers
Dinner roast chicken roast celeriac and mashed cauliflower later will have lc lemon cake.
Loving all your entries guys and feeling for you all. I’m spending my new life mixing being a virtual queue for ocado of 130,000+ ( but could be worse I could be getting a vulnerable box!) or going on caring visits to son talking through doors or on phone or in phone queues to helplines for mum........please can we have our old lives back?
Don’t
ED966432-31FE-42A6-B7FB-59BF0C81C980.jpeg
0F9CE50F-A3BB-4319-B1A2-547E46C9B292.jpeg
F9D5EBE2-DA3E-4A36-88D3-B19CF47467EB.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
May as well post now as I should have finished eating for the day. ( @Goonergal and @Brunneria maybe we should start a thread ‘how many times have you opened the fridge today?’ )
Black coffee this morning
Late breakfast scrambled eggs with a splash of cream.
Lunch: slow roast shoulder of lamb with that DD cabbage casserole again - made with cabbage this time, but I think I prefer it with sprouts. Glass of red.
TWAM since then
@maglil55 sorry to hear you’re suffering again, it’s certainly dragging on. Nursery food sounds just the ticket. I enjoyed Rocketman at the cinema but I think I’d enjoy it more second time round now I know what sort of film it is - I’d been expecting more of a chronologically factual film like Bohemian Rhapsody. Rain Man on TV tonight, will stay up to watch that, great film.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
May as well post now as I should have finished eating for the day. ( @Goonergal and @Brunneria maybe we should start a thread ‘how many times have you opened the fridge today?’ )

:hilarious::hilarious:

I also need one called ‘how much did you eat after posting on the ‘What have you eaten today?’ thread. (Thankfully the answer today is nothing).

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@shelley262- so that's where the canned tomatoes and beans got to. I'd struggle to make a low carb meal from that but for non low carbers there's a few meals there. I noticed with the Community Groups here they are making up similar packages. @DJC3 - I'm getting there slowly but surely. I had to have a rest every 30 mins or so during operation disinfect today but at least I'm not dozing off now. Anyway, came back on to say that saute celeriac slices with onion works. OK I added garlic too but I'll certainly do that again.

Another thing that occurred to me. Hubby was guttering about with his Roxi music system today and it struck me that my mind is noticing more and more how some songs are appropriate to our situation. How about adding a song a day with our food posts to describe how we feel? I did it unconsciously the other day with Ghost Town by the Specials and yesterday, while in the Tesco queue I couldn't get Don't stand so Close to me by The Police out of my head. It may be a sign of going stir crazy but it's a bit of fun too.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: salted caramel Phd bar with a black coffee.
Late lunch: 2 x Babybels followed by raspberries with cream, coconut chia pudding and berry and almond paleo granola.
Dinner: roast lamb breast, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Missing my weekly Jaffa cake today! :(

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb