What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I want that!

It's worth the effort, @Antje77 , although as I say, the Tom Yum paste "cheat" is only a little cheat.

I recommend giving it a go. It you're not pacing the kitchen/bathroom, in torture, awaiting the moment you can add the toasted coconut, you're not human!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Tonights dinner for me Mr PM and friend recuperating from surgery with us a mixed bag. friend and I had omelettes, one cheese & tomato the other spinach. MR PM had cold chicken (leftover from yesterdays roast with chips.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SlimLizzy - good news about the odour. Maybe the start of good news. @ianpspurs - so glad to hear Julie is eating and drinking. Hopefully she feels much better. @Annb - that really isn't a very satisfactory response. Are there any local community groups or church groups doing their own organisation? We have a number here now that just sorted themselves out as it seemed it was the only way we can get things done. Bed 5.4 FBG was also 5.4. Boys were on the phone today. They really seem to be thriving on the home school and No. 1 was even helping little brother with Lego construction today without trying to kill him. Their one down was they were missing us. I continued operation disinfect.
B. TAG and 2 Dairylea triangles.
L. Nothing
D. I made a chicken madras with added onion, mange tout, green beans and red pepper. Over did the chilli a bit! Even Hubby said it was wow hot. Had with cauli rice. Hubby had basmati and naan bread. Had to have the remains of the Skyr to cool down a bit. Didn't half clear the sniffles though.

@DJC3 - I did enjoy Rocketman but like you I was expecting something more like Bohemian Rhapsody. Hubby had Elton John music going today and my song of the day was one I'd never heard before - Empty Sky from his debut album. We live on the Edinburgh flight path and we hardly hear a flight now. I've also tacked on a cartoon I saw. Bring back memories of your trip to the highlands

PS I did a slight edit for the inappropriate word.
20200330_194922.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Black coffee as usual for me this morning, then early lunch of DD version of BLT, no bread though and very nice it was too. https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/blta-lettuce-wraps
Mid aft a pack of Cheesies
Dinner another of the DD odd sounding things which turned out to be very good https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/sausage-crusted-keto-quiche @Goonergal this would be easy to carnify if you swapped the almond flour for ground pork crackling.
I am in the mood for beef rendang now though.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late Morning: raspberry phd bar with a black coffee.
Late Lunch: 2 x Babybels followed by coffee chia pudding, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: gammon steak and salad followed by SF jelly, cream, raspberries and berry and almond paleo granola.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all brrr what a cold day today it’s been. Another frustrating day trying to obtain impossible to obtain items! Not helped by pharmacy only being open a few hours and being too busy to answer phone - not complaining they are under high pressure and unprecedented demand too in face of shortages but seem to spend a lot of time chasing things....
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch cheese, celery and seeded crackers followed by yoghurt with spoon of home made lemon curd.
Dinner sea bream with chervil and lemon butter with halloumi chips and asparagus. Square of 95% choc with decaff coffee.
Hope everyone well love reading about your days and food a distraction in these complex times x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy - good news about the odour. Maybe the start of good news. @ianpspurs - so glad to hear Julie is eating and drinking. Hopefully she feels much better. @Annb - that really isn't a very satisfactory response. Are there any local community groups or church groups doing their own organisation? We have a number here now that just sorted themselves out as it seemed it was the only way we can get things done. Bed 5.4 FBG was also 5.4. Boys were on the phone today. They really seem to be thriving on the home school and No. 1 was even helping little brother with Lego construction today without trying to kill him. Their one down was they were missing us. I continued operation disinfect.
B. TAG and 2 Dairylea triangles.
L. Nothing
D. I made a chicken madras with added onion, mange tout, green beans and red pepper. Over did the chilli a bit! Even Hubby said it was wow hot. Had with cauli rice. Hubby had basmati and naan bread. Had to have the remains of the Skyr to cool down a bit. Didn't half clear the sniffles though.

@DJC3 - I did enjoy Rocketman but like you I was expecting something more like Bohemian Rhapsody. Hubby had Elton John music going today and my song of the day was one I'd never heard before - Empty Sky from his debut album. We live on the Edinburgh flight path and we hardly hear a flight now. I've also tacked on a cartoon I saw. Bring back memories of your trip to the highlands

PS I did a slight edit for the inappropriate word.
View attachment 39835

Haha yes! Love it! Doesn’t seem long ago that my biggest worry was making homemade midge repellant ready for the trip ( still got the recipe @DCUKMod )

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for enquiring about ]Julie. Yes, she is eating - the menu is limited by my familiarity with new kitchen tools and layout but that has improved exponentially today. New toys kinda walk you though things on screen. No idea where most of the cookware is though beyond in a box underneath lots of other boxes neatly stacked for when the builder can return to work.

Glad to hear that Julie is a little better but do make sure she doesn't try to return to normal too quickly - it can strike back when you think it's all over and make you feel very weak. Best wishes and good health to both of you.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast CWC and 2 low carb peanut butter cookies. Reading other recipes seems they are meant to be " chewy and dense" They certainly are. But most recipes use peanut butter, sugar and an egg. Thats all.
Can't see why the Low Carb one I tried included coconut flour, along with oil, sugar subsitute and an extra egg.
Anyway off into the big bad world. Shopping. Nuff said about that elsewhere.
Lunch. Despite the cold weather we had salad. It was great to have fresh food again. Finished off the low carb rolls made yesterday with pâté.
Dinner chicken casserole again. Not left overs but forward planning, as I explained to son.
However stress from shopping trip led to far to much chocolate and wine during the day.
More stress in the evening. Looks like my laptop battery has failed. It won't sustain a charge long enough to boot up. Hoping overnight plugin will help. This is the day my only online computer game starts the Easter event. Arrgh

Reactions: maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast CWC and 2 low carb peanut butter cookies. Reading other recipes seems they are meant to be " chewy and dense" They certainly are. But most recipes use peanut butter, sugar and an egg. Thats all.
Can't see why the Low Carb one I tried included coconut flour, along with oil, sugar subsitute and an extra egg.
Anyway off into the big bad world. Shopping. Nuff said about that elsewhere.
Lunch. Despite the cold weather we had salad. It was great to have fresh food again. Finished off the low carb rolls made yesterday with pâté.
Dinner chicken casserole again. Not left overs but forward planning, as I explained to son.
However stress from shopping trip led to far to much chocolate and wine during the day.
More stress in the evening. Looks like my laptop battery has failed. It won't sustain a charge long enough to boot up. Hoping overnight plugin will help. This is the day my only online computer game starts the Easter event. Arrgh

Lizzy - In UK, eBay and Amazon are still operating, although not guaranteeing their usual delivery timescales, if your battery is urgent. Are your postal services still in operation?

I must admit, whilst I like my battery to support booting up and a bit of portability, I'm happy enough on mains.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hi all watching the TV show coranovirus how to isolate yourself presented by Dr Xand van Tulleken A British production. Was interesting but still a lot of uncertainties about this virus. We've been told to self isolate here in NSW and only allowed to go out for necessities we also can be fined if we can not proof why we are out of our homes .

Brunch yesterday bacon and scrambled eggs black coffee
Dinner was chicken Maryland with tomatoes and lentils baked in the oven. Yoghurt and some just right cereal for desert.

Im feeling very tired 3rd week on MTX and when i take it next day am always tired today and also had problems sleeping last night and woken up with a tooth ach my brain is very active worrying about stuff so quite fatigued today so to tired to make anything. But i know eating grains last week really makes me have strange symptoms.

Brunch cereal and milk and cup of coffee surprisingly 4 hours later I am hungry again something I notice when i eat the so called Standard diet So had sardines with chili that I had on buttered salada biscuits and mint and cup of coffee. Dinner Just enough energy to make hot chips with tomato sauce and Handful of nuts. Now seating will actually laying down watching TV.

I'm hoping to woke up early tomorrow morning to go to the chemist hopefully not to many people around and buy some eggs . Its a strange world these days. Stay safe.

20200331_214156.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Lizzy - In UK, eBay and Amazon are still operating, although not guaranteeing their usual delivery timescales, if your battery is urgent. Are your postal services still in operation?

I must admit, whilst I like my battery to support booting up and a bit of portability, I'm happy enough on mains.
@DCUKMod sorry, i didnt explain clearly enough. The battery was failing to charge, even on mains. We have received notification from Amazon that they are prioritising essentials, whatever those are. Our postal service is now three days a week Wed-Fri.
However my Marvellous Multi-Talented MrSlim has somehow fixed the laptop so that it will now function again when plugged into mains.

Edited to add:
Laptop ran for five mins and died again. No resurrection possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Wounded soldier here!!!! (Or that's what my Mum used call anyone with a sticky plaster stuck on them). I don't know how but I managed to fall down the stairs yesterday afternoon - I vaguely remember my feet or a foot slipping outwards from in front of me. The plaster is on my little toe left foot but I seem to have done something a bit more serious to my right foot - just can't figure out what. I whacked my heel on the way down and now the foot hurts from the heel to the middle of the foot but only when I stand on it. So, to the dogs utter dismay, I am mostly hopping around. I think I was luck - it could have been so much worse.

Anyone else eating (or attempting to find food to eat) through boredom? All I can find that I feel like eating is cheese!

Breakfast: Usual 3 egg omelette with sugar free almond syrup (not my favourite carb free syrup)

Lunch: Actimel, cheese on Burgen toast

Dinner: Jamie Oliver's lentil tabbouleh with a rocket, olive and avocado salad

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do take care Chook. Hope it is only bruising on your foot and that it eases off quickly.

Had my chicken and broccoli last night. I was going to have it with a sauce made of the broccoli stems, garlic, lemon, olive oil and paprika (should have been dried chillis but I seem to have run out. The sauce was good, especially because I'd put the end of a piece of parmesan cheese into it. But somehow, I just didn't want it with the chicken and broccoli. Sense of taste must be a bit odd right now. So it was just stir fried chicken and broccoli. It was OK but instead of bothering to get my new bottle of soya sauce out, I just borrowed some of Neil's non-fermented soya sauce, which was left out on the seasoning tray, and that took the edge off it for me. Shan't use that again. Now I have the sauce left over. I put it in a jar in the fridge and it is quite like a dip or a spread. Just need something to spread it on.

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs with butter and cream. Still have some broccoli ready to go, so might put a cream and cheese sauce to go with it for lunch. Dinner will be another frozen item from the freezer. There are still quite a few beef things in there.

Just had a telephone review with the dietician and she asked if I have been tested for the coronavirus, since I told her I had been unwell. Of course not! When I wished her well at the end of the conversation she told me that she is not being asked to work in the ward with covid19 patients. That will be the ones that don't exist on the Island, I guess.

Take care everyone, and stay as safe as possible.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We had the 'wounded soldier' designation too. Always with plasters.
It was a happy day when they brought out Mr Bump plasters, I can tell you!
upload_2020-3-31_15-22-50.jpeg

Today,

B: Bovril with collagen in it. Have run out of bone broth, which is a tragedy.
L: pulled pork
D: will be stir fried chicken in chilli and lime, with maybe a spoon of mango chutney, since a jar of it fell into the basket last shop and it is proving to be irresistible. Especially on cheese.

Actually I may have forgotten to mention my cheese-and-mango-chutney snackettes recently... there have been several...