1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

It WAS a Soda stream! They are miffed that I guessed but also comforted that it isn’t just that order which has gone astray. They ordered on 30th March ( which is unlikely to have got here by my bd anyway tbh).
    @maglil55 I can still get soda in our local Coop but its the reduction of plastic waste which made me want the Sodastream. I’m using 3 or 4 a week as I find I can drink it all day long ( no gin until the evening I hasten to add) I struggle to drink enough flat water.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I was reliably (I think reliably anyway) informed the issue with eggs has never been the eggs. It has been the cartons/containers/trays.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So interesting but we could all bring our boxes to be refilled, a bit sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I ordered on 27 March so just hope we both get deliveries pronto!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and White chocolate phd bar.
    Late Lunch: 2 x Babybels followed Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
    Dinner: chicken supreme with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and berry and almond paleo granola.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

If they stopped you using refillable cups I'm pretty sure they wouldn't go for that.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I agree with @DJC3. I have about 20 egg boxes stacked up. I always saved them for the school as the kids use them for loads of things. Of course, with schools closed they just continue to mount up!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Addition. I found it necessary to have a DGF chocolate and hazelnut and a lemon and blueberry. All in the interests of research and I still cannot decide which one I like best. Also my chesty feeling has gone again without the hot shower. This is just weird the way symptoms come and go.
    @PenguinMum - I suspect I may wait on Lakeland opening again to get a sodastream. They did have an offer for MyLakeland members on the sodastream and I'm kind of hoping it is still active when they reopen or the bring it back again.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  9. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

09-04-2020
    Breakfast nut granola, 2 egg omelette with mushroom stalks and some chopped yellow pepper. CWC X2
    Lunch. When MrSlim got home with the shopping . Salad, coleslaw, baguette( tiny piece for me) ham. I added cheese as well. Tea and water to drink.
    Snack. Piece of cheese. More cheese.
    Dinner fried salmon, green peppers salad and coleslaw. Raspberries and Crême frâiche. Few glasses of wine.
    Tea and bedtime tea.
    While MrSlim was out shopping, managed to get motivated enough to do housework. Kitchen, bathroom and living room. Utility too on the way through. Made coleslaw for lunch. Interesting selection of shopping from my list. I had run out of wine and was threatening to start on his red. Obviously he took this to heart. Came home with five cases of wine to my taste and only one for him. Although he also got several different types of bread and some magnificent salmon paves along with the more mundane items. As has become the norm, some items were unavailable, remaining on the list in the probably vain hope that they will be there next time one of us ventures out.
    Have been attempting to get a medicated shampoo, having left my mine at parents house. Ofc they can't go out to post it and it seems unavailable here. Maybe another trip on my bike is called for here? Not that i really want to go out, but i need to know what is possible in case I am left without a car. Planning for the worst you see.
    Taking it steady @ianpspurs. And full of admiration for the way you have stepped up to the plate. Learning new cooking skills almost every day.
    Thanks to everyone for supportive messages.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

Breakfast: Usual cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomatoes.
    Lunch: A couple of isolated beers and a packet of pork krackles.
    Dinner: Belly pork slices, veggies, pan juoce gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee mo sugars, beer, water.

We signed up to Coles priority delivery service, to see if we could get stuff that is unavailable at Woolies. From what I can see Coles are using Airtasker for the delivery windows.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

Yes my husband had this information too. His last delivery of eggs from a local supplier came loose in a shallow tray.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #36672 ianpspurs, Apr 10, 2020 at 9:10 AM
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  13. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #36674 Brunneria, Apr 10, 2020 at 11:23 AM
  15. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

The mayo or the empty tub? :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Brunneria

Staff Member

the empty tub would be better as a ventilator part, I think... ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Chook

Chook Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Lots of clapping in this village last night - there are more and mire clapping each week.

My hypochondriac neighbour (whose been T2 for about 15 years) has been attempting the Newcastle Diet without reducing her insulin - then decided to ring 999 yesterday thinking she had coronavirus. They turned up with blues and twos going and wearing full protective gear. They left 10 mins later without her. Her BG has run so high for so long that she didn't recognise the beginnings of hypo symptoms. This was during the clapping and shouty chatting afterwards there was quite a large audience.

I just got the notification of my Asda order... the only missing item is Mr C's hot cross buns but quite a few subs although most of them are okay-ish. As they are only offering 7 days of slots at a time I waited until just after midnight to book one for next Friday only to find the ONE remaining slot was 6-8pm! No click and collect slots left.

@SlimLizzy What are salmon paves? how lovely that your husband is sensible with getting shopping. The last time Mr C did a weekly shop on his own it was interesting to say the least.

Food for today...

Breakfast: slice of Burgen toast with lots of scrummy scrambled eggs

Lunch: Actimel and a bit of brie

Dinner: Mr C is cooking - not 100% sure what but probably veggie and /or lentil curries with cauliflower rice.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Brunneria

Staff Member

and yet, all over the world, enterprising would-be engineers are pooling skills and resources to contribute whatever they can to help out our over stretched health services.

https://www.ft.com/content/7ebb238c-67c7-11ea-a3c9-1fe6fedcca75

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...ke-diy-ventilators-to-meet-coronavirus-demand

https://techcrunch.com/2020/03/19/o...ilator-validation-prototype-in-just-one-week/

instead of choosing to take offence, you could choose to take it as a humorous tribute to all those wonderful people.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Worth a try anyway, but I suppose it depends on the turnip - white or swede. White should work not so sure about the swede.

• Like Like x 1
    #36679 Annb, Apr 10, 2020 at 12:54 PM
  20. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Neil bought a box of soda water syphons about 2 years ago and from the bits he has put 2 working syphons together. For them, I buy gas bulbs from the internet (once I found a supplier who would send them to the Island) and he makes his own soda water with the gaseous water and a pinch of bicarb. Seems to work pretty well for him - he uses it to help control his crohn's symptoms. The whole box of bits only cost a couple of pounds (plus postage). And we now have some colourful and odd shaped vases as well.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook