What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I should say it was, he did his mum and dad proud by getting named on a lot of things.

Interesting article at wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Banks

One of his well named pieces of flora a Australian Banksia.

Banksia-Coccinea-Scarlet-Banksia.jpg
Hubby now reading about the Banksia plants although I've pointed out again that this is Australian and probably would not like our climate.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Very successful food day today - routed my daily walk to take me past one of the branches of Five Guys which is offering a click and collect service. Ordered about 30 mins before my ETA, all ready to pick up at the door. Sat on a bench in the sun (such as it was) looking out at the dome of St Paul’s Cathedral. That was lunch.

Dinner was air fried lamb ribs followed by a small ramekin of cream cheese with a few 100% chocolate drops - they’re meant for hot chocolate, but go just nicely in a dessert.

@Brunneria sorry no. 3 didn’t get her walk it’s been windy all weekend here. We’re promised sun and a ‘gentle breeze’ tomorrow. Looking forward to that.

CEEC3B5D-40D0-4948-B6CC-B9C15DCA6C2F.jpeg
3A0772C3-6466-4043-B803-AD6361397A60.jpeg
57570B55-4B2C-4967-890F-06D154E644BF.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lovely evening and wind seems to have dropped sat in sun with a pre dinner gin and soda water and visualised myself somewhere in the med!
Breakfast one each of sausage, bacon and egg with half a slice of lc toast
Lunch lc seeded crackers with cheese and celery stick followed by hc choc
Dinner steak, celeriac chips, onions and salad with glass of red followed by lc lemon mousse and spoon of yoghurt and one strawberry.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG was 10.5 for some reason. But I had some breakfast anyway - smoked mackerel fillets with a spicy sauce. I always used to make a curry sauce to serve with smoked mackerel but haven't done so for a long, long time. This time, I decided to make a harissa spiced sauce. The mackerel stood up to it well, but I must have used too much of the paste because it was very spicy and I had to cool it down with yoghurt. Made a reasonable breakfast though.

Dinner, at 7.45 was cold roast pork shoulder and tomato salad. BG before dinner was still 10.5.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 I’ve already put the DGF Bakewells in my basket! I’m wondering when they’ll bring the chocolate & hazelnut brownies back though - is it worth me hanging on a bit or will I lose the bakewells if I wait too long????
@Goonergal hurrah for 5 Guys being back.
Today I had breakfast as a treat - cheesy scrambled eggs. Black coffee
Lunch was some olives, nuts and chorizo. Then a DGF choc orange brownie
Dinner Roast rib of beef, boned and rolled with aubergines roast in the beef dripping and broccoli in blue cheese sauce. Sf jelly&cream with grated dark chocolate on top. Glass of red.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cinnamon almond shortbread

Wow cinnamon shortbread sounds good :hungry: How much cinnamon did you add?

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and chocolate brownie phd bar.
Late Lunch: 3 small slices of ham followed by Greek yoghurt, orange chia pudding and vanilla and raspberry LC granola.
Dinner: roast chicken, one tiny roast potato, mixed veg and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax seed followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast, walk for 2 hours trying to hear reported cuckoo, but she didn't sing for us.
L. One chicken thigh, 50g salmon with green salad tsp mayo and 3 chilli olives. 50g praline ice cream (bsl only went up 1.2 yay!)
D. Roast chicken, green beans, cabbage, carrots. 1 glass red wine topped with low cal ginger ale (cheats sangria)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Awwww Mr C found two baby blackbirds in our fruit 'cage' with the mother bird frantically trying to get to them and getting tangled up in the netting. He moved Mum and babies to a safe location and we are now keeping our fingers crossed that she doesn't abandon them.

I was a bit alarmed last evening (and again this morning) .... pre-dinner my BG was 5.7' two hours later it was 7.1 then, several hours later with nothing more to eat, at bed time it had gone up to 9.9!! This morning it was 9.3. I have got that sore throat back again (and usual creaky/achey bits but nothing out of the ordinary really. Fingers crossed it goes back to normal!

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup (lemon sherbert flavour)
Lunch: will be usual Actimel drink and a bit of cheese
Dinner: something called Greek butter beans (basically butter beans cooked in tomatoes, herbs and garlic) with feta cheese and salad

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you feel better soon @Chook .

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, last night's main meal was roast beef, with cabbage, carrots, parsnips and roast potatoes - quantities in that order, although I'm not a fan of 'snips, so easy to pass those by. Delicious.

Breakfast this morning was home made Greek-style yoghurt, with home made strawberry compote. Lovely, fresh and summery. :hungry:

This morning on Facebook, I saw something that could be of interest to @DJC3 - I can just see her Dennis being quite happy in this scenario!

I imagine this could work for at least 2 of your three too, @Brunneria .

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 10.2. 12.35 - just had breakfast - fried eggs with some of the Atkins crispbread. Eggs are not tasty enough to cover up the taste of the crispbread, but it's food anyway.

Not sure what to do about dinner. I have quite a lot of roast pork left from yesterday - minus crackling, which I ate in bits and pieces when I couldn't resist. But I do also have some frozen scallops and quite a range of veggies. Maybe a warm, Asian style scallop salad and give the pork a rest.

Might make a fricasee with some of the pork (without the flour to thicken, might use cream cheese instead) and put it into the freezer and leave the rest for sliced cold pork tomorrow.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Awwww Mr C found two baby blackbirds in our fruit 'cage' with the mother bird frantically trying to get to them and getting tangled up in the netting. He moved Mum and babies to a safe location and we are now keeping our fingers crossed that she doesn't abandon them.

I was a bit alarmed last evening (and again this morning) .... pre-dinner my BG was 5.7' two hours later it was 7.1 then, several hours later with nothing more to eat, at bed time it had gone up to 9.9!! This morning it was 9.3. I have got that sore throat back again (and usual creaky/achey bits but nothing out of the ordinary really. Fingers crossed it goes back to normal!

Breakfast: usual omelette with carb free syrup (lemon sherbert flavour)
Lunch: will be usual Actimel drink and a bit of cheese
Dinner: something called Greek butter beans (basically butter beans cooked in tomatoes, herbs and garlic) with feta cheese and salad

Sounds like your virus revisiting you - as in the cases of Maglil and myself. Take heart, it will fade again and let you feel better for a bit. But, sadly, it will take its time to go away completely. I've been OK apart from high BGs for a few days, but a bit grotty again today. Never mind, it will pass. I know that now. When it strikes, just be good to yourself and have whatever makes it feel better and rest!

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hope you feel better soon @Chook .

In keeping with the spirit of the thread, last night's main meal was roast beef, with cabbage, carrots, parsnips and roast potatoes - quantities in that order, although I'm not a fan of 'snips, so easy to pass those by. Delicious.

Breakfast this morning was home made Greek-style yoghurt, with home made strawberry compote. Lovely, fresh and summery. :hungry:

This morning on Facebook, I saw something that could be of interest to @DJC3 - I can just see her Dennis being quite happy in this scenario!

I imagine this could work for at least 2 of your three too, @Brunneria .

I can think of another three dogs that might enjoy it but it might be a challenge finding s pool big enough.

IMG_20190622_103150_kindlephoto-4988216.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod I loved the Schnauzer spa - that little chap is the image of Dennis, except that he’s relaxed. It would be D’s idea of hell as he hates water.
Today I had leftovers for brunch - cold roast beef and reheated broccoli in blue cheese sauce then a DGF choc orange brownie.
Mid afternoon I had a pack of Cheesies, a handful of walnuts and a HC 100% hot chocolate made with water and a splash of cream at the end.
Dinner will be https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-fish-casserole-mushrooms-french-mustard but with the sauce served separately as I think the richness of keto food may be affecting daughter’s tum. It’s more of the fish the local fisherman dropped off a couple of weeks ago. Don’t know if it’s pollock or haddock, it’s a firm white fish anyway.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Not long back from an epic walk - went a lot further than anticipated but thoroughly enjoyed being out in the sun. Left just after 5am to give me time to cross the river and get on my beloved Regent’s Canal by 6.30 to avoid crowds. Worked a treat and the light was amazing. Rather too many photos taken. Walked all the way to Islington then meandered home via Clerkenwell, Fleet Street, Temple and Tower Bridge.

Was therefore an OMAD day. Dinner was ribeye steak (Lidl one, disappointing, very chewy) with a fried egg and a few bacon wrapped halloumi fries.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

my lot seem to like MUD - the squishier and squelchier and muddier. Water is just too... clean.

B: lc hot choc in the garden. Bliss. (Bovril Click and Collect at lunchtime today)
L: a feeble attempt to do a quesadilla with lo dough. That stuff never fails to disappoint.
D: Tescos chicken korma (half left for tomorrow) as a special treat to celebrate the more regular deliveries/click/collect. Mr B had a Chinese meal.

By the time I had got myself organised, it was too hot to walk the mutts.
But Mr B took 2&3 out for a half mile circuit to the nearest park (after things had started to cool down). Still too hot. They were wiped after, but recovering now, after a light supper.

Last edited: