What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: strawberries, cream and LC raspberry and vanilla granola washed down with a black coffee.
Elevensies: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Lunch: ham and pork scratchings followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: oven baked lamb chops (marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and rosemary) with carrots and peas followed by SF jelly, cream LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy anniversary @xfieldok

Very mixed eating day today - cold meat and cheese for breakfast; too much cream and dark chocolate through the day and then donor kebab meat for dinner on the way home from an evening hair cut! Celebrating the hair cut at least.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@xfieldok happy anniversary sounds like lovely food.
@PenguinMum pleased you like the celeriac chips I keep a bag in freezer all the time and have them lots as you’ve no doubt noticed - like you they make me feel I’m eating something that balances out things and you can use them to dip into other things!
They are delish with coleslaw I find.... good luck with your hbaca1 seems unfair re what you’re eating could be stress related but these things can be more complex than we hope.. sending you hugs.
All day walk today - not quite as long as @Goonergal achieves ( you must go at an amazing pace) but did manage 18.5kms and included lots of climbing - fuelled by coffee and cream,a few walnuts and two boiled eggs with salt. Walk was planned for about 15kms but got lost! However meant we discovered a wonderful wild poppy and chamomile field so a bonus and more steps!
Dinner celeriac chips, pesto chicken, coleslaw, green salad and tomato and basil salad (spotted tonight that some of my tomatoes are ripening - my orange cherry ones something to look forward to) followed by sf jelly and extra thick cream. Also had decaff coffee and two squares of 100% with mint oil.
Dentists tomorrow for bridge fitting looking forward to outcome but not paying for it!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
when I get round to it baked camembert will be at the top if the list (bit worried.... autocorrect keeps changing 'list' to 'lust' :meh: )

Glad it’s not just me! That happens ever such a lot. V embarrassing too.

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wedding anniversary so:
Breakfast was streaky bacon and scrambled egg topped with shavings of fresh truffles.

Dinner bilinis with cream cheese, smoked salmon and beluga caviar.

Jamaican blue mountain coffee.

My goodness what a feast! Happy belated Anniversary

Reactions: xfieldok

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday as I had to drive Mr C to hospital in Plymouth for a scheduled minor op, then go back again to fetch him when they realised at 5pm they wouldn’t be able to fit him in ( quite rightly prioritising cancer patients) so 6 hrs driving in total - I hate driving and he hates sitting around doing nothing so we were both grumpy.
Breakfast was a hard boiled egg and a Babybell.
Lunch tuna with a slaw made from h/m mayo cabbage radishes and peppers
Dinner Beef Shwarma (sp?) another IP wonder. Lump of cheddar afterwards.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Hope things are OK @SlimLizzy
Can you videocall Mr Slim? Daily?
And how are things going for him? Any chance he could come home, or is the contract extending?

Don't think I posted my food yesterday.
B: bovril and lc hot choc
L: Tuna in cream (instead of mayo) and some Lidl protein noodles
D: chicken breast stuffed with chicken liver pate and wrapped in bacon, which is going to make regular appearances in future, because we like it so much.

Later today, I will be instant potting a large piece of ham, with leek and OJ, which is another of Mr B's favourites. Then I fish out a meat portion, and he gets all the leek/OJ part. That should keep us both going for days.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SlimLizzy - Can you video call with MrSlim, and show him the things that are holding you up?

I bet your household is a bit like most, where you each have things you are better at and therefore often leave that "stuff" to the other person.

Over the year, MrB and I spent long period apart; often on different continents, but video calls have got us both out of binds over the years. Before video calls were really an option, a little video film shared was used.

I have been walked through many a repair or set up, as has MrB. It might just help?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Hope things are OK @SlimLizzy
Can you videocall Mr Slim? Daily?
And how are things going for him? Any chance he could come home, or is the contract extending?

Don't think I posted my food yesterday.
B: bovril and lc hot choc
L: Tuna in cream (instead of mayo) and some Lidl protein noodles
D: chicken breast stuffed with chicken liver pate and wrapped in bacon, which is going to make regular appearances in future, because we like it so much.

Later today, I will be instant potting a large piece of ham, with leek and OJ, which is another of Mr B's favourites. Then I fish out a meat portion, and he gets all the leek/OJ part. That should keep us both going for days.

Is there any rind to save before potting. In my view. gammon crackling is the best of the whole lot.

Not that I happen to be food driven at all.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there any rind to save before potting. In my view. gammon crackling is the best of the whole lot.

Not that I happen to be food driven at all.

I usually cook the gammon or pork shoulder in the IP first, then remove the fat and skin (so easy, once cooked) and then crisp it up in the airfryer or oven. And yes, gammon crackling... mmmm.... mmm.... mmm....

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll go sailing this afternoon with a friend.
I'll take cold slices of baked celeriac with bacon and cheese, peanuts, smokey bbq almonds, strawberries, sweets, coffee, tea and an apple with me. My friend doubtlessly brings things as well so no clue yet what I'll eat. I'll send you a pic tonight :happy:.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll go sailing this afternoon with a friend.
I'll take cold slices of baked celeriac with bacon and cheese, peanuts, smokey bbq almonds, strawberries, sweets, coffee and tea with me. My friend doubtlessly brings things as well so no clue yet what I'll eat. I'll send you a pic tonight :happy:.

Fair winds, @Antje77

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
So much for the dry day for today that was forecast yesterday. My washing is hanging limply on the line and the rain is hammering down. :mad:

I knew there was something wrong yesterday when my BGs stayed fairly high through the day then just carried on climbing and climbing after dinner. Then at 9pm I started a headache which rapidly escalated in to the second migraine I have ever had. I went for a lie-down bed at 9.30 and didn't wake up until 10 this morning. Poor Mr C - when he got home at 10.30 last night he wondered what was going on as I hadn't left a note and the dogs were acting very oddly. I am fine this morning apart from a minor headache over one eye.I

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and kimchi on the side
Lunch: probably nothing - yes, for the first time ever, I don't fancy cheese
Dinner: Oomph spiced kebab and salad from the garden (if it ever stops raining), h/m tomato salsa and soured cream

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the migraine @Chook

Lunch is ready and just cooling down enough to eat.

E339FE74-A5F8-4C58-8E3F-774063AE5410.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@SlimLizzy - Can you video call with MrSlim, and show him the things that are holding you up?

I have been walked through many a repair or set up, as has MrB. It might just help?

Hi and thanks for your input. We have tried this for some other repairs with mostly good results, but I think these repairs are totally beyond me.

Radiator? Or hopefully hose? Gone on the mower.
Major fuel leak on the tractor.

I have however managed to get a new gas bottle fitted, so can continue with freezing vegetables and pickling walnuts.

MrSlim says "won't be long now" and " two weeks " but has not yet given me a date.
Am suspicious, maybe he plans to just turn up? Perhaps before he is expected.
Time for a blitz on the house. And to cut the hedge
20200620_190052.jpeg
20200715_132303.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
12.30 - 18 hours since last eating. Just had some iced "cranachan". Took a slice off the end of the small loaf sized dessert (some berries but no sugar/sweetener). Don't know how many calories or carbs, but it was berries, dess coconut, chopped mixed nuts, toasted in the oven and mixed with double cream before freezing. Tasted good, but I couldn't finish it, it was too filling. The rest is back in the freezer.

Later, I will have the remaining quarter of a little squash and about a tablespoon of steak and kidney. Low carbs and calories, I would think.

FBG was 9.1 but it had risen to 12.3 by 11.45 on a cup of tea (with milk) and one co-codamol pill. Took 40 units of insulin. I'll see what happens by 1.45. 2nd meal will be about 5 o'clock to give me a chance to have an 18 hour break before eating tomorrow. Since I'm not good at counting calories in home made food, I could be either above or below my target of 1000 calories but I am pretty sure I am within my 20 g carbs allowance.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast CWC x 2 nut granola.
CWC
Lunch, toast and pâté, coleslaw, lettuce and cucumber, few olives water, tea
Afternoon CWC 2 squares chocolate
Dinner, again more like lunch as cannot get gas for cooker because its a bank holiday.
Fish soup with soured cream, side dish of microwave steamed Haricot vert and mangetout. Water and wine.
Tea in the evening, not at bedtime slept right through :happy:
@Brunneria We talk most days and text others. He is suffering from an inconsistent workload, some weeks snowed under, others playing solitaire on his phone.
MrSlim should be home...." soon"
He is being evasive about date and whether he will be here for a while, or just two weeks. ;)
His jobs list is growing.
Am more or less up to date on mine, except for the things I can't do for one reason or another.

Edited for clarity

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and thanks for your input. We have tried this for some other repairs with mostly good results, but I think these repairs are totally beyond me.

Radiator? Or hopefully hose? Gone on the mower.
Major fuel leak on the tractor.

I have however managed to get a new gas bottle fitted, so can continue with freezing vegetables and pickling walnuts.

MrSlim says "won't be long now" and " two weeks " but has not yet given me a date.
Am suspicious, maybe he plans to just turn up? Perhaps before he is expected.
Time for a blitz on the house. And to cut the hedgeView attachment 42680View attachment 42681

A sure way to hurry him home will be to give him a nice long shopping list. That'd sort it with my OH. ;)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A sure way to hurry him home will be to give him a nice long shopping list. That'd sort it with my OH. ;)
He is shopping - which is preparation for return.

Reactions: Chook