What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Hi just wanted to know if the KFC was forgiving to your BG lol and the Lidl rolls a really nice loads of people seem to be having them :happy:

The Lidl rolls are very nice - they're a bit chewier than normal bread but they're great when toasted. They can spike me if I have a whole one but having just half is fine.

KFC hasn't really been a problem, although the amount of it I had yesterday might have had an effect!

Reactions: 3 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The Lidl rolls are very nice - they're a bit chewier than normal bread but they're great when toasted. They can spike me if I have a whole one but having just half is fine.

KFC hasn't really been a problem, although the amount of it I had yesterday might have had an effect!
If you heat the roll for 30seconds in microwave it's not so chewy.:)

Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I prefer lidl rolls sliced and toasted then buttered or with cheese on top. Really nice sliced in to soldiers and eaten with a boiled egg. ;)

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I had a whole lidl roll with cheese and sweet pickle and my BG went from 6.8 to 6.1 lol but suppose each food reacts different to each person :***: i would love some KFC but i've been doing so well cutting loadsa stuff out, i don't want to go on a downward spiral :wacky:

DavidGorman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had granola for breafast yesterday my BG went up to 14.3 today ii's 5.7 after omelette and tinned tomatoes, was the macdonalds worth it lol

Yes it was worth it I've LCHF for 14 weeks and had great readings, one day was worth a dip out, it was a one off though

Reactions: 6 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I prefer lidl rolls sliced and toasted then buttered or with cheese on top. Really nice sliced in to soldiers and eaten with a boiled egg. ;)

Yeah i love them toasted i spread a tiny bit of mayonnaise on it, probably not good but it doesn't seem to have any effect on my BG :wacky:

Reactions: 5 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just looked at mine, and it say's 295 days :eek:

I am starting to worry that I'm being a tad obsessive :bag:

I've started noting down what i've been eating on PC i've gotta show the diet nurse will just print it out :pics: but i'm only on my 3rd day, let's if i can last 295 days lol :joyful:

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes it was worth it I've LCHF for 14 weeks and had great readings, one day was worth a dip out, it was a one off though

I've just been eating Chicken, Fish,Omelette and Vegetables not eaten anything High Fat really i think i'm being too over cautious lol :nailbiting:

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, the Great Apple Cider Vinegar Experiment ended in a bit of a disaster. ...
I tried this but really couldn't take to it so couldn't stick to it. But there was no immediate pay-off. However, I have tried the red wine and cheese at bedtime (for dawn phenomena) and think it might work for me.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I tried this but really couldn't take to it so couldn't stick to it. But there was no immediate pay-off. However, I have tried the red wine and cheese at bedtime (for dawn phenomena) and think it might work for me.
Oh - now I could 'cope' with that without any problem at all!!! Yum!

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
B - half a Lidl roll with philadelphia
L - A controlled experiment! - Sausage roll
D - spinach bread & pate

Someone couldn't quite believe how low carbing was controlling my BG. So, as a demo, we tested before and after I ate a big sausage roll. Before - 5.0. Two hours after - 12.6 !!

Reactions: 4 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
D - spinach bread & pate

Someone couldn't quite believe how low carbing was controlling my BG. So, as a demo, we tested before and after I ate a big sausage roll. Before - 5.0. Two hours after - 12.6 !!
Just goes to show it works!!:)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
D - spinach bread & pate

Wow! I'd have thought it might be lower due to all the fat and meat. Good experiment.

Reactions: 5 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody
B. 2am couldn't sleep and didn't feel well blackberries and Greek yoghurt
B.2. I eventually got back to sleep and when I got up again I had raspberries and Greek yoghurt

L. 2 slices of corned beef, slice of ham, piece of Wensleydale and a mini bel

D. Chicken cooked in slow cooker with onions, celery and carrots. Cabbage.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everybody
B. 2am couldn't sleep and didn't feel well blackberries and Greek yoghurt
B.2. I eventually got back to sleep and when I got up again I had raspberries and Greek yoghurt

L. 2 slices of corned beef, slice of ham, piece of Wensleydale and a mini bel

D. Chicken cooked in slow cooker with onions, celery and carrots. Cabbage.
Hope your feeling better soon, glad to see you eating a bit more than yesterday:)

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
D - spinach bread & pate

I can taste the Sausage Roll :p spinach bread sounds nice where do you buy that from?