What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Also ordered an ice cream maker, I've been dreaming of for the last few years.
This is so cool! Please tell us all about it once you've tried it, an ice cream maker sounds like the best birthday present!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is so cool! Please tell us all about it once you've tried it, an ice cream maker sounds like the best birthday present!

Thanks, @Antje77. Just keeping my fingers crossed that they won't cancel this order too. If all goes well, I should be receiving it mid-October. Looking forward to experimenting.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three thin slices of the large piece of ribeye,

Ziggy I have ribeye envy. Sounds like an enormous piece of meat, and delicious!

@Goonergal -- The cake looks absolutely wonderful -- I agree the batter always tastes sweeter than the cake itself.

The cake was surprisingly light while still warm, it’s much denser now it’s been sat in the fridge for a while, but still tasty. It’s pretty deep so given the size tin I have, I could reduce the ingredients down and still have a decent sized cake. Thanks for the recipe. It’s very simple to make - was worried about my little mini chopper not coping with the grinding but was fine in small batches.

Yesterday’s food was too much cake - a small slice mid-morning at work for ‘breakfast’ and then a couple of larger bits once home in the evening.
Lunch was bacon, eggs and halloumi at a cafe near the office. Missing my previous cafe, but this one is the best I’ve found in the new location.
Dinner (aside from the cake) was 2 small pork belly strips cut into pieces and air fried. Also a slice of the Mestemacher bread. I find the taste quite strong @PenguinMum but then this is the first bread of any description I’ve had in over a year. They delivered my order twice. Not sure I’ll get through all that!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @Antje77. Just keeping my fingers crossed that they won't cancel this order too. If all goes well, I should be receiving it mid-October. Looking forward to experimenting.

Which icecream maker did you order? It's a gadget that regularly comes into my mind, but then seems to fade again.

Reactions: Antje77 and ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which icecream maker did you order? It's a gadget that regularly comes into my mind, but then seems to fade again.

Hi @DCUKMod,

I was looking at the Musso Lussino and at the Musso Stella Pola (both of which are on the expensive side) and had seen a really good deal on the Stella Pola -- but as it turns out, the second order was also cancelled this morning. So, now I'm pondering my remaining options.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Avocado with lemon juice on RyVita for breakfast about 9.30.

Second meal will be smoked mackerel with some salad things.

Just heard from No 2 son - DIL has the all clear from Raigmore Hospital. The lump she found is just a blocked duct and should go away by itself. So that's one worry out of the way.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pregnant DIL (due Feb) in Southampton is in hospital so Julie is heading off to look after granddaughter. - her parents live in France. Rearrangements needed in Suffolk. I'm suddenly very proud of both boys here. 35 years of doubt about creating a properly tight family disappeared - parenthood has transformed them:) . This WOE does come in handy as zero chance of me snacking or comfort eating. just more tea. Man ripping out and modernising all 3 washing and toileting areas. * TWAM and CWC+SFCS until lunchtime. Well buttered toast and bone broth with ACV - warm.. Chicken mayo and avocado salad with seeds. Fantastic news about DIL @Annb.
*1 at a time @zauberflote but we have buckets and 5 mins to sons:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
@Antje77 and @Annb sorry about the marauding of the greens! I too get visitors in the night and may well lose some of the remaining greens if they get hungry enough.
@Annb great news re DIL hope GD gets good news soon.
@ianpspurs best wishes to DIL and well done you and Julie for stepping up.
@ziggy_w hope the cold doesnt get too bad, get well soon.
@Goonergal if only I could have given you my Meistmacher, now in the bin. I have a C&C on Thurs and have added HiLo to my order and keeping fingers crossed.
Today has usual brekkie.
Lunch will be h/m broccoli, leek & parsley soup, maybe a chunk of cheese to stop me getting hungry later.
Supper is chilli and cauli rice.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @DCUKMod,

I was looking at the Musso Lussino and at the Musso Stella Pola (both of which are on the expensive side) and had seen a really good deal on the Stella Pola -- but as it turns out, the second order was also cancelled this morning. So, now I'm pondering my remaining options.

They do look like they'd do the job extremely well.

In UK, in the foodie groups I'm a member of (they should carry a wealth warning really! ), many people speak well of the Cuisinart, and Sage. This one in particular has good press: https://www.lakeland.co.uk/17955/Sage-The-Smart-Scoop-Gelato-and-Ice-Cream-Maker-1L-BCI600UK

I must say, were I to have one, I would want one with the internal compressor. The prospect to saving freezer space for freezing a bowl, should we want icecream just doesn't hold water for us.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
....Just heard from No 2 son - DIL has the all clear from Raigmore Hospital. The lump she found is just a blocked duct and should go away by itself. So that's one worry out of the way.

Great news, Ann. It must be a relief all round, although so very important to have these things checked out.

Reactions: maglil55

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Annb very happy for DIL good news!
@ianpspurs prayers for DIL and fam. Glad for your relief of doubt! Make sure you leave one wc for tea recyclement now!!!
Bfast usual avocado, pecans, boiled egg, flax crisps/dilute soymilk, some chips off a Lindt 90%
Off to dr office for routine echocardiogram. Very frustrated at people not wearing masks properly! This is the first office I've seen written language stating "please wash hands. If you are coughing or sneezing please wear a mask". Not, "masks required". Ah well. My technician was kind, efficient, and not talkative. Nice.
Lunch? Another egg, some chocolate?
Barre
Supper I had a grand plan a few hours ago but can't remember what it was. It definitely involves that spinach/puckery thin hm dressing, pretty soon the bottle will have room for me to add some oil, and later some ACV to salvage the flavor. And flax crisps/dilute soy. And whatever my brilliant idea was.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got around to checking on the amount of carbohydrate in chickpea flour. Should have done that before this. No more chickpea flour for me! I'd have been as well using ordinary flour.
Is this site acting strangely, or is it my connection? This should have come up as a reply, but it has just gone straight into a post. Did that before a few days ago. I've been having trouble with this site off and on for a while. Am I the only one?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Just got around to checking on the amount of carbohydrate in chickpea flour. Should have done that before this. No more chickpea flour for me! I'd have been as well using ordinary flour.
Is this site acting strangely, or is it my connection? This should have come up as a reply, but it has just gone straight into a post. Did that before a few days ago. I've been having trouble with this site off and on for a while. Am I the only one?

I was all excited about hummus, until I looked at the label. I will eat a little if it's there though.
I have been having lots of trouble even getting the app (on phone) to load! Once loaded, it settles down, but that little circle of doom spinning makes me think it's either my wifi, internet, or phone. Or, could be the site itself!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eaten far too much today.

@ziggy_w ’s cake with the delicious cream/cream cheese frosting has all but vanished (and I can’t blame visitors in the night) and then there was a poussin coated in chilli oil and salt and air fried for lunch. Dinner has been more of a snack - air fried streaky bacon dipped in sour cream that needed using up.

59EE72E9-65C3-4F4D-8AE0-22F5113A9213.jpeg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
An itsy bitsy chicken! I had to look it up. There was a photo of a raw one cupped in the palm of a hand. Cute!

Reactions: Goonergal

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is wayyyyy OT but we have lots of mods here and they'll know where to send me for tech issues?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

B: kefir
L: didn’t fancy any, then got RAVENOUS and made a garlic and rosemary mug roll, then smeared it decadently with cream cheese AND marmite! Genius, eh?

Of course now I am still stuffed and don’t think I will be having the Instant Pot lamb shoulder in ras el hanout... might have yog instead. Maybe with peanut butter... not v carnivore, eh? Think I should downgrade my carni status from ‘mainly carni’ to ‘deliberate veg avoider’. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and cookie dough carb killa bar.
Late lunch after swimming: small pack of Cheesies and some coconut bites.
Dinner: gammon steak and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.