1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. DannyMac

DannyMac Type 2 · Member

Breakfast Bran Flakes Greek Yoghurt Espresso
    Lunch Ryvita Banana
    Dinner Fish in Breadcrumbs Salad

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Nooo! I think its just a matter of using the right thread....we are worried about you

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@PenguinMum you are being sarcastic describing raking acorns as pleasant, riiiight?? If not, PLEASE share your secret. We have a number of leaf rakes metal and plastic, and a garden rake, and the acorns bounce around giggling and ask to be picked up one by one if we please.
    @Annb what a gem of an Em!! She may well make an excellent vet!
    @squashiefolks I'm going to vote Tatume/a based on this photo (please little forum, accept my photo...). Note the immature vs the mature. Called calabacita in Mexico.
    IMG_1603231265.421993.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi lovely people,

This topic has been organised as a celbration & exchange in ideas on food. Specifically set up in the LC diet sub fora.

In the spirit of good will on this thread. Let's keep mouths watering & other "subject matter" in the appropriate elsewhere...

Kind regards.

5. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Hadn’t realised how late it was so posting quickly before I forget what I’ve eaten.
    Black coffee until around 1pm
    2 chicken wings and 1 leg from a roast chicken I cooked this morning to use in a recipe later in the week. Followed it with a DGF ginger cake.
    Dinner was a made up sort of fish pie - smoked haddock topped with sautéed peppers, mushrooms and onion, then cheese and double cream then sliced courgettes brushed with melted butter. Baked for around 20 mins. Very tasty.
    DGF raspberry bakewell afterwards and a bit of Montezumas 100% after that.
    @zauberflote I’m definitely a pot likker! I haven’t noticed Mars, is it quite visible at the moment? must look out for it when I take Dennis out for his last wee.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

In the process of researching whether sourdough starter can be made with flax meal, I ran across an article that had two things for me: 1: a flax bread with only (very very fine-ground) flax, baking powder, and water. 2: the fact that flax contains a carcinogen in addition to all the good stuff, and some UK authority has named 5 tbsp/day as the top limit. Also it has phyto-estrogens, which is bad in my own case because my mom had breast cancer, estrogen-receptor-positive. Now what do I do??!! I eat flax because it's VLC, packed with fiber that my body uses appropriately, and has a flavor I really enjoy. Arrgghh.
    @Annb there is a "full-on chat" thread in... somebody help me out plz? It's called What Was Your FBG (full-on chat), so chatting is in the thread title. I don't want you to disappear! I am learning much about grandmothering and enjoy your presence!!
    Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled eggs, <2 sq Lindt 90%, phytoestrogenic flax crisps with phytoestrogenic soymilk. Can't win fer losin' here with my plant foods.
    Lunch or something more peanut butter than I'd planned
    Supper yet to come, will have spinach/hm dressing and flax crisps/dilute soy. Maybe blue cheese if there's enough for two...
    @Jaylee this is awful to ask but could you re-punctuate your last sentence for me please? I am not sure if I'm supposed not to comment on how good another poster's food sounds here. ("Mouths watering & other 'subject matter'[...]elsewhere...") Also please forgive my guidance to another thread for Annb.

• Like Like x 5
  7. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Oh Ann, I’m so sorry to read this. Please come back if you feel you can.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello all,

@Annb -- Please stay, we'd really miss you loads.

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with turkey salami and Caesar's dressing (actually meant to put mayonnaise on it, but mixed up the jars).

Dinner: A piece of cheese to tie me over. Later lamb's lettuce with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and 150g of pan fried quail breasts. Some red wine.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi there

Just to be clear, this thread has always included plenty of chatter, friendly support and comment on the menus/meals of others as well as suggestions around appropriate - food related - kitchen gadgetry. That is all fine, where the main focus is on the food and what has been eaten. After all, reading endless posts that are essentially lists would be no fun.

As a ‘mod’ who has been a ‘regular’ on thread for a while, I hate having to ‘step in’ here as it’s a great thread which is a personal favourite precisely because of the friendliness and exchange of ideas. It’s just a matter of balance.

So swiftly moving on, I’m downing a morning cup of Teaolat with cream (said foodstuff about to be ditched as a trial) and a glass of iced water.

Fridge is full of an array of possible dinners following a bumper delivery from Morrison’s. Shall it be lamb ribs, poussin, lamb shoulder...choices, choices!

• Like Like x 4
  10. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Who recommended filling red pepper halves with the tuna muffin mix, @Antje77 ? @zauberflote ? I can’t remember, but I tried it yesterday and it was an inspired adaption, thank you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just popping in to say last night I had two Birds Eye veggie burgers each topped with a fried egg for supper. I know I have lost my taste quite a bit but they were so disappointing. Even if they had more seasoning it would have helped. I chose them because they were very LC compared to other brands. Just removed them from the next C&C.
    Today had my usual brekkie of slice of HiLo toast, butter and tea.
    Lunch will be a bowl of the green veggie soup still going and a chunk of cheese.
    Supper will be courgetti and a small portion of beef chilli.

@Annb I hope so much you stick around. I always enjoy your posts and with so many health challenges you deserve the camaraderie. You always talk about introducing all kinds of different foods in your life at different times, so you get my vote!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

@Annb glad we PMd. B=Tea; 11.00 am: AM Latte; L: Bone broth (add 2 dollops, boiling water and much acv to a massive mug) and 2 slices M toast.; EM = Venison - from a haunch - and roasted veggies, gravy. I had the downhill (plenty of salad when the weather was hot) so uphill now for a few months. LC was never going to work today; colder,wet but I didn’t just shy away and fast. I found a kind of hack so we move on. Sorry about the veggie burgers @PenguinMum. Advent Calendar ordered

• Like Like x 5
    #41272 ianpspurs, Oct 21, 2020 at 1:23 PM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  13. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breaky / brunch

Porridge made with milk and nob of butter and a back coffee.

Dinner made caprese salad with buffalo mozzarella and left over tabbelah and a few olives.

Black coffee

greek yoghurt with strawberries

Atkins endulge bar caramel nut

• Like Like x 4
  14. Goonergal

Staff Member

Evening all.

TMAD+ today.

Brunch was a few individual portions of cheese, smoked salmon and cream cheese followed by some almond butter which had found its way into my desk drawer, plus a couple of pieces of Montezuma’s absolute black with orange and cocoa nibs. Also in my desk drawer - had forgotten it was there!

Dinner was the most delicious, and enormous, lamb ribs from yesterday’s Morrison’s delivery. Rubbed with salt and lemon pepper (should have used more of that), then air fried. Really yummy!

A4125705-4B40-4B22-8643-47171C326C14.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  15. MrsA2

B : 3 egg omelette with gouda and mozzarella. Nice and stringy but so little flavour

Skipped lunch but did have a wet walk with a friend

D: roast duck (first I've ever cooked) with roasted butternut squash, some broccoli and a little kale. Tried cooking some extra duck skin in the airfryer to make crackling but it wouldn't quite crisp up. Still tasted good though but had to be eaten straightaway, not kept

• Like Like x 5
  16. MrsA2

Ian that calendar looks lush, but sooo pricey. Have you had it before?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #41276 MrsA2, Oct 21, 2020 at 7:03 PM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  17. Goonergal

Staff Member

Whoa, that’s a bit steep! Erythritol’n’ all.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. mr_cat

mr_cat · Well-Known Member

lamb liver, not had it for a while and thought my diet need more hi power nutrient bombs. normally eat mostly minced beef cheese n eggs. The liver was very nice, sliced flash fried in in butter with onion and garlic with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on top after. :)
    first time adding to this thread but enjoyed the meal much just wanted to share the joy!

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Goonergal

Staff Member

Welcome to the thread. I haven’t managed to get to like liver yet. Minced beef, cheese and eggs (all in one pan in my case) is always good.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Hi @mr_cat and thank you for sharing the joy
    Today I had the usual buckets full of black coffee all morning
    Lunch 40g Camembert, 1/2 tin tuna, h/b egg, spinach leaves, olive oil and a slice of Schwarzbrot
    Dinner: 250g steak. Salad with 1/2 avocado and olive oil. Amazingly still hungry at the end - it was fillet steak so maybe not enough fat - had a small portion of lazy mousse a la @Goonergal

• Like Like x 5
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook