1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Now there's a good idea! I haven't had liver of whatever kind in ages, but I do love it :hungry:.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

We had lambs liver with bacon and onions last night :hungry:

Today:
    Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
    Dinner: chilli con carne with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Brussels sprouts are ridiculously cheap at the moment, and the string beans in the store didn't look very appetising so I used sprouts instead for one of my favourite dishes :)
    Oven baked marinated pork belly pieces and onions, Brussels sprouts, and a spicy peanut sauce. Very good, and enough left for another 2 days :hungry:.

Plastic plates are great when it's cold in the kitchen, prevents the food from cooling right away. And as an extra bonus they carry wonderful memories on camping trips as a child :happy:.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  4. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@DJC3 not me on the stuffed peppers, but I would try it if I liked cooked pepper any way but marinated/grilled lol.
    @Goonergal ICE water first thing in the morning?!? Brrrrrr! And how on earth can chocolate in the desk drawer go forgotten?!!
    @ianpspurs don't let them get you down-- you, Julie, and grands deserve that Advent calendar!
    Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled egg, 1.75 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
    Lunch another boiled egg and an open peanut butter jar...
    Supper cherry tomatoes, cucumber, can of tuna (cats enjoyed the oil in their own supper), spinach/hm dressing, Castelvetrano olives, flax crisps/dilute soy and totally unnecessary pecans.
    Goodnight and good morning as appropriate!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

@MrsA2 IDK Lush. I assume it means nice or similar? Neither Julie nor I have ever had a chocolate advent calendar. Far cheaper than a decent bottle of port, brandy or whisky so worth a punt. Yes, @zauberflote Grandchildren/sons/Dils/90.9 yo MIL might eat some if we don't but enough other flavours to hide it I hope. I eat their almond chocolate and find it ok - no erith though. B=Tea; 11.00 am; AM Latte or cwc; L: Chicken mayo sandwich avec beacoup de feuilles de salade M bread toast.; EM = 2 slices skinny bread toast, smashed avocado topped with poached eggs. Sunny, mild and dry so a downhill following breeze day :):)

• Like Like x 2
    #41285 ianpspurs, Oct 22, 2020 at 7:42 AM
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  6. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Brunch

2 peices of Shortcut Bacon, 2 fried eggs with 2 pancakes made with no sugar. Black coffee
    Ended up with really bad heartburn after eating as forgot to take my somac tablets so was not feeling thst good for a couple of hours

Afternoon tea / dinner

Greek Yoghurt with strawberries and black coffee

Few slices of fresh pineapple and slice of cheese and 2 cheddar biscuits

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  7. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Busy day today so kept picking at bits in-between. Think there was some ff greek, some cheese, a piece of ham, some nuts

For dinner made the leftover duck into a stir fry with oyster sauce, veg and noodles for the boys. I had some of last nights leftover roasted butternut squash on top of Monday's leftover celeriac mash topped off with some Stilton and reheated in the microwave , it was (yes @ianpspurs ) lush...in other words very nice indeed.

And didn't mean to be critical about the calendar, it sounds very nice indeed. Hope it lives up to expectations. If it does I will ask for one next year. This year I've ordered a Boots no7 cosmetics calender at £45 . Had one a couple of years ago and it was very nice indeed, and didn't hurt my bg at all.;) This years one is currently missing somewhere along the delivery chain:sorry:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

For Antje: refried celeriac slices with oxtail.JPG roasted celeriac.JPG sliced roasted celeriac.JPG

/refried celeriac slices with oxtail/roasted celeriac/sliced roasted celeriac.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all.

Plenty of stress induced comfort eating today.

Started with some almond butter early on, then while the lunchtime poussin cooked in the airfryer, headed out for some fresh air and some Lindt 90% made an appearance. Poussin was delicious coated in chilli oil and salt. Lindt went down well with some extra thick double cream. Shame work is so busy as it was sunny and warm - ideal for walking.

Dinner was pork belly slices (also picked up on the lunch time foray) cut into piece and air fried. And more Lindt.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Annb , I love the look of your whole roast celeriac!
    I might give it a try next time I fancy celeriac, and your oxtail looks delicious as well :hungry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Evening all, hugs for the stress @Goonergal I polished off 1/2 jar almond butter last night, no stress involved just mindless snacking. Air fried poussin sounds wonderful.

Today I decided on 2 diet doctor keto meals as I don’t think I’m getting the macros right when I wing it.
    Lunch: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/quick-and-easy-keto-tuna-zoodle-salad, the raw spiralized courgettes were great, and a nice change from salad leaves.
    Dinner: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/kristies-chicken-philly-cheesesteak-casserole , does anyone know what I can use in future instead of Provolone cheese? I only had cheddar and it worked well but I wonder what it was meant to be like.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

@MrsA2 now I know what lush means - I'm not sure food is ever lush. IMHO it is either functional or sub-optimal but YMMV. I didn’t really feel any criticism in that post so no problem but I’ll swerve that calendar. Stilton is functional.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #41292 ianpspurs, Oct 22, 2020 at 7:19 PM
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  13. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

OMG you could be my husband he actually loves panfried lambs liver. I cannot in any way deal with it, have to be nowhere near it and he has to clean everything before I can enter the kitchen, which he does. Th3 deal is if he cooks it I am not involved a5 any stage, before, during and after.
    today I had my usual brekkie of slice of HiLo toast, butter, tea.
    Lunch was unexpectedly out in an outside cafe and was an open smoked salmon sandwich on a bit of rye bread with cream cheese and watercress salad and with brilliant caper berries which were the star of the show.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Chriztopher

Chriztopher LADA · Active Member

Today I’ve had:

Wheetabix (never again as I spiked massively)

Tuna and salad for lunch

Chicken and mushrooms with wholegrain Mustard and cream topped with celeriac mash, with spinach and asparagus

• Like Like x 4
  15. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
    Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few Brazil nuts.
    Dinner: tuna melts followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the thread @Chriztopher

• Like Like x 3
  17. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

This looks very similar to the tuna melt recipe from @Rachox which I usually make with bacon, ham or chorizo 20200725_193216.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

[
    I've eaten this one hot from the oven, hopefully they will be just as good when eaten cold :)
    There are 4 left to take with me to share tomorrow, and tonights dinner will be bell pepper filled with the same batter, which I expect to be very nice. The other bell pepper I've filled with a mixture of onion, chorizo and cheese.

Thanks for the idea, @zauberflote !

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    This looks very similar to the tuna melt recipe from @Rachox which I usually make with bacon, ham or chorizo

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Welcome to the thread, @mr_cat and @Chriztopher.
    Hugs for the stress, @Goonergal.
    Glad to see your post, @Annb.
    The food in these photos looks delicious, @SlimLizzy.
    @ianpspurs -- The advent calendar looks really good. Will you will wait until Dec. 1 to try them?

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Two leftover quail breasts. A DD keto roll with h/m mayonnaise and cheese.

Dinner: Some turkey salami, liver pate and cheese. Dry red wine.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and eryhritol. A piece of cheese.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter, camembert and smoked duck breast.

Dinner: A smallish serving of skirt steak (leftover), some cauli mash, some zucchini and bellpepper in tomato cream sauce. Half an avocado. Dry red wine. Later at night another piece of cheese.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook