What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and white chocolate phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee. I was going to have that alone with no snack, but my DGF order arrived. Let’s just say they didn’t all make it into the freezer! :hungry::joyful:
Dinner: cheddar, cherry tomato and diced gammon omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
About 10 am: A few bits of refried chicken thigh (roasted and then put in the freezer some time ago).
About 12 noon: a small bowl (about 200 ml) of carrot and celery soup, made in the little soup maker. Tasted fine but it seemed to have a detrimental effect on my insides so flattened for the afternoon and nothing else to eat today. Can't have been more than 8 or 10 g carbs in total.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My white Stilton just arrived in the post - 1 kg and it has to be used by 5 January. I think I should manage that. It's a bit more crumbly and sharp than the last time I had it, but quite acceptable.

Breakfast was streaky bacon - quite crunchy because I forgot to take it out.

Currently nibbling on a piece of the minced pork dish adapted (from memory) from a Gordon Ramsay recipe that I saw the other day - minced pork mixed with chopped apricots, onion, pickled green chilies and pistachio nuts, all wrapped around a home made beef sausage - I don't have access to merguez sausages and the chorizo that I bought recently were a disappointment. I think it needed some cream or yoghurt mixed with the pork to soften it a bit.

The Ramsay recipe had grated apple in it and no chilies so that might have improved it.

I'll have some more of it for my actual meal later in the day - after Em has gone.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Rachox how wonderful about the little oranges!
@OzBlossom please keep away from your news feeds for a while--[political remark deleted lol] your BGs and BP and stress level will thank you!
@Bex72 that's too funny about the number of cooks adding hot stuff to the aubergine!
@notepadplusplus welcome to the thread!
I am very behind. Food now, catch up later hopefully.
Bfast avocado, pecans, boiled eggs while playing Keep Away From The Cats, unknown quantity Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soy. Really want to start trying decaf again!
Hope to skip lunch temptations
Something before barre class-- skyr yogurt/olive oil is good
Supper good question. Have had leftover roasted green beans three nights in a row, time for spinach again, macadammittoomany nuts, flax crisps/dilute soy. Maybe chicken but that steals a meal from the freezer stash for MrZF...

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted with a filling of corned beef and tomato (c/b now finished) washed down with mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Friday night fake-away - chicken tikka pieces on top of cauliflower rice with a little butter chicken sauce on top. I can't remember the last time I had a curry - and I can just about remember what used to be my regular Saturday night take-away meal which was chicken chasni with mushroom and onion rice, nan bread and chips - obviously before the big D over 3 years ago now.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Lunch one slice of toasted hm lc bread and fried egg followed by more coffee and two hm lc truffles
Late pm - due to a stressful situation too many nuts nibbled from my stash @zauberflote love your maccadamittytoomanynuts comments sums up my nut tin raid I love macadamia nuts despite high cost of them they are very moreish!
Dinner sea bream in lemon butter with green beans should have had celeriac chips but they got left unattended because of a situation and were completely black and inedible! With glass of Soave dry white wine followed by DGF pecan butterscotch brownie and Greek yoghurt

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Haha great! See if @Goonergal ( any any other nut butter addicts) are in, then let’s pick a date. We should probably all tickle our tastebuds with a spoonful immediately it’s open, just to make it harder to resist.

Bumping to top without even reading 20+ posts. Any takers?
I am constrained by when my son can shop for me but that's all. Should we have a new Almond Butter Challenge thread?

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bumping to top without even reading 20+ posts. Any takers?
I am constrained by when my son can shop for me but that's all. Should we have a new Almond Butter Challenge thread?

Haha why not?
Let us know when you get your jar and how big it is.
@Goonergal how big is your jar? I have one that’s 210g but in the interests of full disclosure it’s a M&S one and I don’t think it’s the nicest, might be easier to resist.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a shoulder problem and tapping on my phone exacerbates it so keeping it brief
First meal at 2pm was @Goonergal inspired mince, eggs and cheese. Lovely and filling.
Dinner later than intended but still within the 6 hr eating window https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/cuban-roast-pork-lechon-asado very nice. Creamed cabbage and steamed broccoli with it and 2 glasses red.

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope scan went well @notepadplusplus

Loooong day in actual workplace instead of just Zoom

Lunch: protein meal shake + psyllium and 2 x keto-friendly coffees
Scrounging dinner - really need to shop!: HM kimchi, marinated mussels (should have read the label first on that one - a shocking 10g carb in 94g mussels!!!), last bit of Havarti cheese, 3 pieces dark SF choc and a stevia hot choc

But at least I've conquered my newsfeed obsession (@zauberflote ). Well, not conquered but seriously stomped down.:angelic:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a shoulder problem and tapping on my phone exacerbates it so keeping it brief
First meal at 2pm was @Goonergal inspired mince, eggs and cheese. Lovely and filling.
Dinner later than intended but still within the 6 hr eating window https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/cuban-roast-pork-lechon-asado very nice. Creamed cabbage and steamed broccoli with it and 2 glasses red.

That lechon sounds super-easy. Di you have stupendous crackling?

The lechon recipe we use is wonderful, but is a bit of a faff at the beginning.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and cookies and cream phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: chicken satay sticks, leafy salad, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today’s food: B= 2+Ls+ TWAM with inulin and sweetener; Dockey: CWC with SF caramel syrup; L= tea; EM: Super salmon and avocado salad. Everything matched expectations which is all I want. A glass of the very pleasant St Emillion from Wednesday with Children in need. Enjoy your takeaway @Mrs T 123
Yeah I did enjoy my Friday night fake-away it was tasty although I would have preferred my old Saturday night take-away :hungry:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Lunch one slice of toasted hm lc bread and fried egg followed by more coffee and two hm lc truffles
Late pm - due to a stressful situation too many nuts nibbled from my stash @zauberflote love your maccadamittytoomanynuts comments sums up my nut tin raid I love macadamia nuts despite high cost of them they are very moreish!
Dinner sea bream in lemon butter with green beans should have had celeriac chips but they got left unattended because of a situation and were completely black and inedible! With glass of Soave dry white wine followed by DGF pecan butterscotch brownie and Greek yoghurt
Probably a stupid question to ask but the macadamia nuts are they beside the other nuts in the supermarket I don't think I have ever seen them and would like to try them?

Reactions: zauberflote

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Probably a stupid question to ask but the macadamia nuts are they beside the other nuts in the supermarket I don't think I have ever seen them and would like to try them?
They are harder to get hold of and are one of the lowest carb nuts out there plus macadamia nut oil is wonderful I find.think they are costly because mainly produced in places like Australia I source mine mainly from Waitrose where roasted salted are 3.00 quid for 100g cheaper than amazon where buy my oil. Not spotted in places like Lidl.butjust searched online Asda seem to do for 2.75 and Tesco a 250g pack for 5.00. Hope this helps.