What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cooked late breakfast of 3 chipolata, scramble egg, bacon and 2 spoons baked beans
No lunch
D: roast gammon, cauliflower cheese, broccoli and 2 very small roast potatoes, roasted in the fat from the duck weeks ago.
Pud of yoghurt, cream and chia seeds mixed with some blackcurrant could that was found lurking and leaking at the back of the freezer.

Boy and I did a freezer audit so now know whats there! Enlightening :joyful:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday bed 6.5 FBG 6.6. Had a falling out with youngest grandson this morning as his behaviour on the way to school was appalling and resulted in the loss of his favourite lolly at lunchtime after numerous warnings. He was very apologetic but the lolly remained "lost" and it has made a difference as he apologised again today and said he won't behave like that again.
Friday
B. TAG and a slice of SLC toast with egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Liver, fried egg, 4 rashers streaky bacon and two bits spicy halloumi. DGF bakewell with raspberries and a dash of cream.

Saturday

Bed 6.9 FBG also 6.9

Vile, wet day and a lot of running about first for son and DIL then my own shopping.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast - one with ox tongue and coleslaw, the other egg mayo.
L. Nothing out and about.
D. Pork ribs (very meaty thanks to butcher) coleslaw and sour cream/chive dip. Grahams Goodness raspberry ripple and raspberries.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a freezer audit this week too @MrsA2 (to make space for my DGF delivery!), and found a semi transparent box containing spaghetti bolognese for 2, only it wasn’t, see below!
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: Nero’s takeaway coconut cappuccino.
Dinner: chilli con carne (!) with sliced and fried courgette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs n cheese, a slice of slc bread toasted and buttered washed down with a mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - Mussels for starters then 3 bratwurst sausages, 3 slices of smoked back bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. A handful of mixed nuts to finish

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Evening all.

@DJC3 loving the doggy capers in the kitchen.
@Choosehappy I’m another. Waitrose 1 Cumberland sausage fan. 0.8g carb per 2 sausages and very tasty.

Ate an enormous lunch today. Starter - well it turned out to be the starter, began as the entire meal - of 2 small pork belly strips cut into pieces, coated in salt and chilli oil and air fried. Was still hungry so air fried some lamb ribs which had been rubbed with lemon pepper.

Have since had some extra thick double cream with 20g Lindt 90%. Thinking about something small for dinner but not sure what.
I shall have to try the Waitrose ones! I am also a fan of the Lindt 90% I absolutely adore it! Wonderful treat now again and good to know it may be helping my heart!

Reactions: ianpspurs

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hi all another three small meals day:
Breakfast one chipolata one rasher bacon and egg with slice of LC hm bread toasted
Lunch one piece of lc toast with pate followed by DGF millionaires shortbread
Dinner slow cooked beef brisket with roast swede and cauliflower cheese and glass of red wine followed by DGF salted caramel brownie with extra thick cream.
Hi Shelley what is dgf?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Here's a new sacrilege. Ever considered turnip dauphinoise?

Why not? If you can do celeriac dauphinoise, turnip should be quite acceptable. I take it the turnip you are referring to is swede, being Scottish. Don't see why it shouldn't work with any kind of turnip really. Do you think kohl rabi, as well perhaps?

Been right off the wagon today and took extra insulin to try to cope with it. It didn't really work - BG 19.7 just now. My own fault.

Reactions: maglil55

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Why not? If you can do celeriac dauphinoise, turnip should be quite acceptable. I take it the turnip you are referring to is swede, being Scottish. Don't see why it shouldn't work with any kind of turnip really. Do you think kohl rabi, as well perhaps?

Been right off the wagon today and took extra insulin to try to cope with it. It didn't really work - BG 19.7 just now. My own fault.
I just can’t for the life of me seem to figure out hypos, I don’t go high anymore but I keep going too low! I’m seeing my nurse next week so we shall see what she says!

I have had treats today but Monday tomorrow so time to get strict again!

OzBlossom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just finished my online grocery ordering - will be delivered very early tomorrow - which is good as I've been getting weird with 'what's left in the cupboards/fridge' hunting and gathering.

Started sensibly at lunch then things went downhill:
Lunch: 2 soft-ish boiled eggs (became too timid and left them in the saucepan a bit longer than the Heston-designated 4 minutes) with steamed broccolini, a little smoked salmon and 2 x keto friendly coffees;
Hungry day that led to VERY EARLY Dinner: protein meal shake + psyllium and a couple of radishes and a tin of smoked oysters found in the pantry, 3 pieces of SF dark choc, stevia hot chocolate

Inexplicably still very hungry and went a bit nuts - literally - with a supper: a handful of cashews that I found lurking in the pantry, olives, some cheese, six of the ridiculously sugary marinated mussels (six left and they've now gone in the bin!).

Confirming that I need a decently stocked cupboard and a recipe plan - though I suppose it was essentially a low-ish carb day overall - just nowhere near as low as my current goals.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@maglil55 not necessarily "could" eat with a spoon.... just sayin' Did your vertigo resolve yet?
Miles behind. Note to self #853
Sunday bfast avocado, pecans, boiled eggs, nibble of Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
Lunch en famille can of fancy tuna/olive oil, fancy vinegar, mustard and chopped tomato (they were going to chuck it!!); dill pickle spear, rest of the tomato
Stolen snack almond butter, 1 sq 90% Lindt
Cooked a HelloFresh for MrZF, snitched a spoon of smashed potatoes, a chunk of roasted carrot, and tasted the sauce which was pure salt. No more of their stock concentrate-- he also thought it highly over-salted.
Supper boiled egg, spinach/hm dressing, flax crisps/dilute soy
...... almond butter
Good night and good morning all!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Still trying to stick no more than 20g carbs per day to bring my BG back in line.
Yesterday brekkie was slice HiLo toast, thick butter, tea.
Lunch was a Lizza toastie (1.7g) split and toasted and topped with egg mayo.
Supper was a large serving spoon of beef chilli and broccoli.
Two orange gins and soda.
Today same brekkie.
Lunch will likely be two fried tomatoes, two eggs and 4 mushrooms.
Supper will be chicken cooked in stock with the last of my h/g Tarragon - made it yesterday - will be heated and then Greek yogurt stirred through probs with cauli rice.I absolutely love fresh tarragon, by far my favourite herb, grow it every year but it doesnt hold up well when the autumn comes. Dried tarragon it will be until next summer.
I need to do a freezer audit, thanks for the inspiration.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast Tea with milk and nut granola.
Wasn't really any lunch, just several chunks of cheese.
Dinner more of the beef casserole with roasted veg.
But
Someone placed an open box of chocolates on the seat next to me. ... resistance was futile.

FBG 7.4
Lemon tea.
Brunch sausage, bacon, egg and one slice of toast (16g carbs)
Smacked on cheese all afternoon.
Dinner lamb with carrots, a small parsnip, tiny roast potato and buttered Savoy.
The box of chocolates reappeared.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Late up and about today - Neil had to go out and I didn't dare stand up in case I fell over and in the house on my own. He's back now so I'm up and dressed and ensconced at the desk in the kitchen.

Yesterday I had some REAL fried rice. I knew it was all wrong, but I had it anyway. BG all over the place despite extra Fiasp but late on I realised that I had forgotten to take the basal dose which I am trying to move from midnight to early morning. So it is back at midnight again - probably better at that time.

I'll be having a couple of fried eggs for my first meal of the day - in a little while. Zero carbs.

Later, I'll have some of the beef stew I made with the beef shin from the freezer, a few days ago. About 15 carbs with the onions and some carrot.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Completely stuffed after a very large and delicious dinner.

‘Brunch’ of almond butter and extra thick double cream.
A few squares of Lindt 90% during the day while I waited for the Instant Pot to produce beef short ribs done to perfection. Enormous portion from the local butcher and totally delicious.

0F113DFC-FA8C-4D58-9125-B34540B24168.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I shall have to try the Waitrose ones! I am also a fan of the Lindt 90% I absolutely adore it! Wonderful treat now again and good to know it may be helping my heart!
I have the 90% lindtt most days with peanut butter on top - yummy - usually with a cuppa - a good alternative to a biscuit

Reactions: OzBlossom and Annb

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 2 slices of slc bread toasted with guacamole and a little chia seeds on the top. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - finished of mussels from yesterday then I had salmon with hollandaise sauce and a side salad. Mug of earl grey and 2 squares of lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 not necessarily "could" eat with a spoon.... just sayin' Did your vertigo resolve yet?
Miles behind. Note to self #853
Sunday bfast avocado, pecans, boiled eggs, nibble of Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
Lunch en famille can of fancy tuna/olive oil, fancy vinegar, mustard and chopped tomato (they were going to chuck it!!); dill pickle spear, rest of the tomato
Stolen snack almond butter, 1 sq 90% Lindt
Cooked a HelloFresh for MrZF, snitched a spoon of smashed potatoes, a chunk of roasted carrot, and tasted the sauce which was pure salt. No more of their stock concentrate-- he also thought it highly over-salted.
Supper boiled egg, spinach/hm dressing, flax crisps/dilute soy
...... almond butter
Good night and good morning all!
I couldn't eat it at all! I don't know what it is with me but doing anything to nuts seems to change the taste to something that makes me physically sick. I first noticed it when someone put salted peanuts in front of me. Just the smell turns my stomach. It's crazy because I do like most nuts. I only want them though shell on and give me a nutcracker. I cannot stomach roasted nuts, butters, milk, salted anything.
I thought the vertigo had gone but I'm still having odd instances. It's still only when I go to bed if I lie down to quickly or turn to quickly. It's better than it was though.

Reactions: zauberflote