What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Have been really, really busy with work (how I hate recording lectures from home, hours and hours of meeting on Zoom, and after having forwarded my office phone receiving student phone calls at all hours of the day and on top of this trying to make up the shortfall from my colleague leaving) -- so anyway this is why I haven't posted for some time.

@maglil55 -- Happy belated birthday. Sorry for missing it. Massager looks wonderful.
@zauberflote -- Happy belated Thanksgiving. They also have Black Friday in Germany, though no Thanksgiving. They have even imported Singles Day from China. By the way, have you considered replacing the honey in the recipe with Nature's Hollow Honey Substitute and the flour maybe with almond flour.
@shelley262 -- Wow, this bread looks great -- like real bread actually. What is your opinion -- do you think it would be possible to replace the gluten with psyllium husk?
@DJC3 -- I find that my blood sugar levels seem to go in cycles of a few days of higher blood sugars followed by a few days of lower lower blood sugars again followed by a few days of higher blood sugars and so on. Though frustrating, it is probably a consolation that at 7 mmol, there won't be any damage done. Hugs for the frustration though -- I really empathize.
@Annb -- Hugs for the all the planning that has to go into being on all the pills. Hope you can drop some of them soon.
@Sugarlisa and @nutribolt and @notepadplusplus -- Welcome to thread.

Today ...

Breakfast: Double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. Half a keto roll with mayonnaise and shrimps, some baba ghanoush. A small serving of h/m low-carb rhubarb cheesecake.

Very late lunch: A ribeye cooked sous vide and then fried. Romaine lettuce with h/m Caesar's dressing and parmesan. Two squares of 88% chocolate.

Dinner: Half a DD keto roll with steak tartare and h/m mayonnaise. Too much dry red wine.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
B CWC, nut granola,
Not really any lunch, Few nibbles of cheese in the afternoon, coffee,
Dinner, roast beef, carrots cauliflower cheese,(son1 makes excellent cheese sauce)cabbage from yeterday. Couple of glasses of wine, one of tonic,
Later coffee.
Errant is begining to feel at home here, sadly just as we are about to leave, he has started spending more time in the living room, is now investigating the cat on the balcony (his reflection) and playing "I don't want to go to bed" with greater success than in the motorhome, many more places to hide.
However I think he will enjoy being able to go outside again once we are back.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Annb the brand of skyr I buy is called Siggi's. I have to get 0% for my cardiologist, and I find it smooth as sour cream. The only Greek yogurts I've had have been "grainy" in a way. Your pepper sauce put tears in my eyes! I am a wuss when it comes to heat like that.
@ziggy_w very good to see you! Sounds like the semester/term can't be over soon enough... recipe-- a honey substitute??!! My word-- Amazon has it and it's made in USA it appears. In my cart. The almond flour is a given, I think. I also found a keto Italian anise cookie recipe which might be worth a try. My kitchen currently smells anise-y because I put the teensy bottle I emptied up on the windowsill.
Bfast avo, pecans, scrambled eggs, 1 Lindt 90,
Lunchtime flax crisps/dilute soy, a little cottage cheese, 1 Lindt 90
Snacks of cherry tomatoes and cucumber
Supper spinach/hm dressing, can of tuna (finally!), a few pecans, flax/soy
Good night all, dream of anise if you like it-- it means Christmas to me.
IMG_1606620206.311766.jpg

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
BreakfastTwo slices Rye sourdough toast with 2 eggs scrambled with cream and butter a black coffee

Lunch was feeling nauseas and could only stomach icecream strange as it sounds so had Maggie beer burnt fig icecream.

Dinner managed to eat Leftovers of a few pieces pork belly and sone tabbelah and piece of fresh coconut and nectarine

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
@Annb the brand of skyr I buy is called Siggi's. I have to get 0% for my cardiologist, and I find it smooth as sour cream. The only Greek yogurts I've had have been "grainy" in a way. Your pepper sauce put tears in my eyes! I am a wuss when it comes to heat like that.
@ziggy_w very good to see you! Sounds like the semester/term can't be over soon enough... recipe-- a honey substitute??!! My word-- Amazon has it and it's made in USA it appears. In my cart. The almond flour is a given, I think. I also found a keto Italian anise cookie recipe which might be worth a try. My kitchen currently smells anise-y because I put the teensy bottle I emptied up on the windowsill.
View attachment 45801
Ah anise that reminds me of Lebanese drink called Arak

Reactions: zauberflote

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 45801

The Skyr that I have is made by Arla. It's a bit better, to me, than the previous one I had (less extreme), and didn't like at all. I can use it, anyway.

The Szechuan pepper is less hot than black pepper and more fruity. Much better than cracked black pepper on a steak. That's why I am hoping to grow it - not always easy to get in the supermarket.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted with sardines. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner will be other half of yesterdays Chicken Rogan Josh with added mushrooms & onions (all to be used up) on a bed of cauliflower rice - it was really nice yesterday and looking forward to it today

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 45801
Hey - I have the Fage Total 0% greek recipe yoghurt - it is 0% fat and only 3 carbs per 100g - I have tried the SKYR too which is also nice. I am same as yourself trying to cut down on not so good fats and hopefully will reflect in my next cholesterol bloods as had increased at last test after I had upped fats.

Reactions: zauberflote

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
View attachment 45801

Just as well we are all allowed to be different. The one spice I seriously dislike, and which can ruin any dish for me, is star anise. Hate the stuff. And any other strong aniseed flavour. But glad you enjoy it. Sweet dreams.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was vegetable soup.

Lunch was some soft cheese in a lettuce leaf.

Dinner (going right off piste here) is going to be a steak pie with baked cucumber and lettuce (it's a romaine lettuce, so I'm hoping it will stand up to the oven reasonably well).

BG is high, but not too bad and these antibiotics (nearly finished) are making me feel grotty. The infection hasn't cleared yet, so I might need to get more antibio's from the GP.

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 scrambled eggs
90 minutes walk with a friend.
L: 3 rashers of bacon on a small green salad with some Stilton cheese crumbled over. 2 tablespoons chocolate granola with a spoon of ff greek yog
D: roast chicken with cabbage, carrots, celeriac mash, gravy

Hubby has been 'cooking' again today. He's a novice so I don't like to burst his keeness bubble but he always choses nondiabetic bakes so today was mince pies!:banghead:
Thats if rolling out ready made pastry and opening a jar of mincemeat counts as cooking. !
I had half a small one, smothered in double cream as part of dinner.
Now have the dilemma of whether to test or not....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
New sensor is very over exuberant - about 50% seem to be for me. B= A lorra, lorra TWAM: Dockey: Starbucks CWCCS : Lunch: -Tea + 2 x Advent Calendar Pralines (5 done so far): EM: Waitrose salt beef brisket in mustard tartare, tenderstem broccoli, crispy roast kale and a piece of W 1 Comte, Water and normal 2 multi vits allegedly specifically for LCHF type diet - basically a placebo for me/sop to Julie.. Considering I don't like mustard or brisket that was a good result food wise.
Edited so I think it now makes sense - repetition free and 2 hr reading showed no rise.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Have been really, really busy with work (how I hate recording lectures from home, hours and hours of meeting on Zoom, and after having forwarded my office phone receiving student phone calls at all hours of the day and on top of this trying to make up the shortfall from my colleague leaving) -- so anyway this is why I haven't posted for some time.

@maglil55 -- Happy belated birthday. Sorry for missing it. Massager looks wonderful.
@zauberflote -- Happy belated Thanksgiving. They also have Black Friday in Germany, though no Thanksgiving. They have even imported Singles Day from China. By the way, have you considered replacing the honey in the recipe with Nature's Hollow Honey Substitute and the flour maybe with almond flour.
@shelley262 -- Wow, this bread looks great -- like real bread actually. What is your opinion -- do you think it would be possible to replace the gluten with psyllium husk?
@DJC3 -- I find that my blood sugar levels seems to have cycles of a few days of higher blood sugars followed by a few days of lower lower blood sugars again followed by a few days of higher blood sugars and so on. Though frustrating, it is probably a consolation that at 7 mmol, there won't be any damage done. Hugs for the frustration though -- I really empathize.
@Annb -- Hugs for the all the planning that has to go into being on all the pills. Hope you can drop some of them soon.
@Sugarlisa and @nutribolt and @notepadplusplus -- Welcome to thread.

Today ...

Breakfast: Double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. Half a keto roll with mayonnaise and shrimps, some baba ghanoush. A small serving of h/m low-carb rhubarb cheesecake.

Very late lunch: A ribeye cooked sous vide and then fried. Romaine lettuce with h/m Caesar's dressing and parmesan. Two squares of 88% chocolate.

Dinner: Half a DD keto roll with steak tartare and h/m mayonnaise. Too much dry red wine.
Good to see you back hugs for the workload though.think bread is so good because of wheat gluten to be honest. I was a bit nervous when used the gluten for first time but luckily I don’t have an impact on either my gut or my bg. The gluten makes it elastic which works and it’s only1g of carb per slice so although it really does taste like bread it dosent impact on the bg. I’m planning to use more PH and less egg but wouldn’t reduce the wheat gluten as this I think makes it work. However happy to be proved wrong!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a dank dark day! Needed food to lift spirits today ......
Breakfast one each of chipolata sausage,slice bacon and egg with one slice of Lc toast
Lunch one slice of lc toast with smoked salmon pate followed by hm orange truffle
Dinner Waitrose brisket with cauliflower cheese and one roast potato( this time I cooked and froze red potatoes as they seem to have slightly lower carb content than white) with glass of dry red wine followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: slow cooked beef and gravy, one tiny roast potato and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Good to see you back @ziggy_w always enjoy reading your menus.

Completed a major challenge today - with a day to spare - walking 215 miles in the month of November. Seriously exhausted and will be having a day of rest tomorrow.

TMAD. Lunch was sausage, egg and chips carnivore style (chips were halloumi fries wrapped in bacon). Couldn’t eat it all so saved one of the sausages.
Dinner was said sausage with some leftover chicken and sour cream.

63A20350-F0A3-4CD6-B2FD-3E31AD0EBE26.jpeg