What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not in our house, all the beef has been eaten! :joyful::hungry:

We have been using out butcher for what feels like eons, so I trust his judgement, in many things - mainly!

For Sunday joints, when he asks how much I want, my stock response is "enough for 2 ravenous people, then cold cuts". He then judges accordingly.

There's enough for cold cuts and a sandwich for MrB's lunch, I reckon.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Thank you so much for the sympathy and suggestions re rising BG levels @shelley262 @ziggy_w @MrsT123 and @Goonergal I was going to try following a DD dairy free meal plan this week before realising my fridge is at least half full of cheese ( 2 complete shelves) dairy free will have to wait and I’m going to try to attempt a zero carb carni style week to see if that’ll sort it. Starting tomorrow.

Today I had fried eggs on SLC toast for breakfast
Lunch- leg of lamb. I sent Paul to butchers to get not too big a joint - He came back with one which was so big it wouldn’t fit in my roasting tin. I had to go back to the butcher with it and ask him to chop the shank end off ( a couple of meals for another day). I usually flavour it with garlic and rosemary but today followed a recipe using anchovies and garlic pushed into little slits in the meat before roasting. It was extremely good, nobody guessed the secret ingredient.
Side dishes of cauli cheese, roast radishes ( didn’t like them much) and sprouts sauteed with chorizo and pecans.
Made a small dent in the cheese hoard afterwards and a couple of glasses red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Thanks for the welcome back, @zauberflote, @shelley262 and @Goonergal. Definitely feels good to be posting here again.

@Goonergal -- I am in awe of your achievement -- so, this basically means you almost walked 15 km each day.
@zauberflote -- Have to admit I like the smell of anise myself. Some of the booths selling sweets use the smell to attract customers, definitely would work for me, just too bad I have to watch the carbs.
@shelley262 -- Thanks for the feedback. I'm almost afraid you're right about the gluten -- the bread probably needs it. The reason, I want to avoid the gluten is that I suffer from psoriasis and am afraid the gluten might aggrevate it.

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with mayonnaise and shrimps. A small piece of the low-carb rhubarb cheesecake.

Snack around 4 p.m. after taking a break from recording lectures: Half a DD keto roll with brie cheese and turkey salami.

Dinner: Ribeye cooked sous vide and then fried. Lamb's lettuce with h/m Caesar's dressing and parmesan. 10g of 88% chocolate. Red wine.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Popping in to say @DJC3 can I borrow Paul to go meat shopping for me? :D:hilarious: Is the lamb recipe with anchovies in your CMT?

To stay vaguely on topic, just downing a Teaolat with cream and a glass of iced water, having taken today’s meat supplies out of the freezer, although I then remembered there are already some chicken wings marinating in the fridge!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
Missed a few days again.
Breakfasts were slice HiLo toast, cooled, thick salted butter, lots of tea.
Lunch Friday was two chunks different cheese and last of the coleslaw.
Friday supper was starter of mussels followed by baked Teriyaki salmon and spicy rice for Mr PM and green veg for me.
Saturday lunch was a Liza toastie split and toasted spread with Findlaters Chicken Liver Parfait, yum. These Liza toasties have been very successful for me and I hope I can continue to get them shipped from Germany after Brexit.
Saturday supper was t/a Chicken Shaslik and cauli Bhajee..admit to two popadoms. Happy full tummy and slept better than usual.
Yesterday lunch was scrambled egg and two grilled tomatoes.
Supper was bacon wrapped chicken breast and mixed veg.
A couple of restorative Blood Orange gins & soda preceded all suppers

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Popping in to say @DJC3 can I borrow Paul to go meat shopping for me? :D:hilarious: Is the lamb recipe with anchovies in your CMT?

To stay vaguely on topic, just downing a Teaolat with cream and a glass of iced water, having taken today’s meat supplies out of the freezer, although I then remembered there are already some chicken wings marinating in the fridge!

Paul has form when it comes to meat shopping; he knows no restraint!
My CMT won’t open. My phone stores all apps in the cloud if they aren’t used for a few days and now it won’t let me get it down again as it’s not supported by the App Store anymore. I’m gutted! I have over 100 recipes in there - all now Lost! Also means I can’t look at anyone else’s recipes.
The lamb recipe is based on this

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/roast-lamb-anchovy-cream
But I didn’t make the anchovy cream to go with it. Nor did I add the wine to the meat
I can’t be full on carni today I realised as I have a slow cooked lamb and spinach curry taking up yet more fridge space ( no room in the freezer either!) That’ll have to be eaten today.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My CMT won’t open. My phone stores all apps in the cloud if they aren’t used for a few days and now it won’t let me get it down again as it’s not supported by the App Store anymore. I’m gutted! I have over 100 recipes in there - all now Lost! Also means I can’t look at anyone else’s recipes.

But I didn’t make the anchovy cream to go with it. Nor did I add the wine to the meat
I can’t be full on carni today I realised as I have a slow cooked lamb and spinach curry taking up yet more fridge space ( no room in the freezer either!) That’ll have to be eaten today.

Very annoying about CMT.

It will all still be in your account on your browser. I know you don't have a laptop, but I would think you should be able to log into CMT from your phone browser. I can on my iPhone (but still have the App going it seems).

Worry not; when it comes to t'internet, things are rarely absolutely lost.

My invoice is in the post. ;)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very annoying about CMT.

It will all still be in your account on your browser. I know you don't have a laptop, but I would think you should be able to log into CMT from your phone browser. I can on my iPhone (but still have the App going it seems).

Worry not; when it comes to t'internet, things are rarely absolutely lost.

My invoice is in the post. ;)

Brilliant. Thank you! It worked via browser (although I had to reset the password - couldn’t remember even making a password) that’s cheered me up no end

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Yay! So pleased for you.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with seeds and blueberries
L: a sort of chaffle (I egg and 30g mozzarella) whizzed together then cooked in a frying pan. Topped with a little stilton. One tomato. 2 peanut eggs melted in a little double cream then topped up with almond milk to make an ok-ish hot chocolate
D: was going to be creamy leeks with chicken (and rice for the boys) but when I opened the fridge saw lots of leftovers so ended up with chicken, leek and veg in tomato sauce (boys had penne pasta, I had 8 penne). Am going to test as was an awful lot of veg and with those 8 penne who knows?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B= >2.5 Ls TWAM: Dockey: CWCCS : Lunch: 2 X SB and butter with Tuna and Salmon Sashimi - tender, moist, low carb, no cooking needed. Just expensive and not every Waitrose do Sushi - had to ask for Sashimi. There is a takeaway locally which does Sashimi : EM: Mackerel and avocado salad. Water and multi vits. Key: SB= Skinnybread; CWCCS - Coffee with cream and Monin sugar free caramel syrup: TWAM: Tea with almond milk; Aimed to have had one meal after dark today but that is not a hill on which I need to die. I don’t want consecutive 4.30 wake ups if I can avoid it..

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today started with diabetic review and blood test etc. I’m not expecting great things after the high BGs of the last weeks but might as well get it over and done with.
Lunch was 2x fried eggs on 2 slices of Leerdammer ( trying to work through the cheese mountain) with 2 rashers bacon.
Dinner was slow cooker lamb and spinach curry I’d made over the weekend. Trying to go as low carb as possible this week so didn’t have cauli rice or a lc naan with it, instead I stirred a dollop of coconut oil through to try and add satiety.
@PenguinMum your Saturday night takeaway sounds right up my street. Glad it helped you sleep.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 good luck with your blood test results I’m crossing fingers for you.
Cooper -youngest sons dog - is getting ready for the festive season in his smart Christmas jumper and I’m looking forward to my hotel choc advent calendar tomorrow
@ziggy_w hugs for your psoriasis must be very difficult and can understand why you are very careful about things like gluten.
Breakfast one each of slice of bacon and egg with one lc toast
Lunch cheese on lc toast followed by a lc choc egg
Dinner Cajun chicken with salsa and coleslaw followed by DGF peanut butter brownie with cream.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5am - 2 boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter. Mug of earl grey tea

1pm - 2 slc sandwiches on cheese & onion and another mug of earl grey

5.30pm - prawn cocktail then salmon with a little hollandaise sauce drizzled over the top and a side salad. SF jelly with a little soya cream on top

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today started with diabetic review and blood test etc. I’m not expecting great things after the high BGs of the last weeks but might as well get it over and done with.
Lunch was 2x fried eggs on 2 slices of Leerdammer ( trying to work through the cheese mountain) with 2 rashers bacon.
Dinner was slow cooker lamb and spinach curry I’d made over the weekend. Trying to go as low carb as possible this week so didn’t have cauli rice or a lc naan with it, instead I stirred a dollop of coconut oil through to try and add satiety.
@PenguinMum your Saturday night takeaway sounds right up my street. Glad it helped you sleep.
Good luck with your bloods - I am sure you will be fine - your readings weren't bad at all - you may find your BG comes down now with that out the way - stress plays a part too - sometimes I don't feel that stressed about something but my readings tell me different x

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

@shelley262 your new avatar had me cooing straightaway!
@DJC3 so pleased you have CMT back and good luck with the review.

Insatiably hungry all day today.

Breakfast was 2 (very) small pork belly strips coated in chilli oil and air fried.
Lunch was 5 small chicken wings, similarly prepared. Followed up with 2 slices of Mestemacher topped with butter.
Dinner was mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 good luck with your blood test results I’m crossing fingers for you.
Cooper -youngest sons dog - is getting ready for the festive season in his smart Christmas jumper and I’m looking forward to my hotel choc advent calendar tomorrow
@ziggy_w hugs for your psoriasis must be very difficult and can understand why you are very careful about things like gluten.
Breakfast one each of slice of bacon and egg with one lc toast
Lunch cheese on lc toast followed by a lc choc egg
Dinner Cajun chicken with salsa and coleslaw followed by DGF peanut butter brownie with cream.
Love the new avatar - wee cutie pie - looks like a wee soft toy x

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

@shelley262 your new avatar had me cooing straightaway!
@DJC3 so pleased you have CMT back and good luck with the review.

Insatiably hungry all day today.

Breakfast was 2 (very) small pork belly strips coated in chilli oil and air fried.
Lunch was 5 small chicken wings, similarly prepared. Followed up with 2 slices of Mestemacher topped with butter.
Dinner was mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese.
Snap - feeling hungry today too and a bit groggy - must be the time of year!