1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
    Late morning: black coffee and cookies and cream phd bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
    Dinner: chicken cooked in coconut milk, fish sauce, lime juice and coriander with cauliflower rice (hubby cooked so not sure of the exact carb count but all low carb ingredients!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
    HbA1c test tomorrow, hoping it’s ok after a very stressful six months :nailbiting:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 3
  2. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast: Brussels sprouts hash from yesterday with egg scrambled into it. It made enough to keep some for tomorrow's breakfast as well.
    Lunch: Some bacon and a couple of pork sausages (left over from baking). The bacon is not my normal one and produced a huge amount of water in the pan.
    Evening meal: I have a chicken leg (also left after taking frozen breasts from the freezer for a recipe), roasted in the oven with other cooking, now cooling, but I'm not feeling really hungry just now - might leave it until tomorrow.
    Very thirsty today - already well over my required amount and it's only just short of 8 pm.

• Like Like x 7
  3. OzBlossom

OzBlossom Type 2 · Well-Known Member

So behind, think I'd just better jump in rather than backtrack! Heatwave multiple days past week - overall hottest November for yonks. It really knocks it out of you, though grateful we only went high 30Cs here and not over 40Cs like so many other places - but I don't have air con so still feel the 38C days! :dead: Eating probably been a bit more leaning on things like Quest bars for a few days - too hot for meal prep - but think I'm back on track again.

Lunch: protein meal shake, 2 x keto-friendly coffees
    Dinner: pan-cooked whiting (not my fave fish, it's a bit soft) with broccolini, ginger, garlic a little soy, some SF dark choc for dessert

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Good tip - the next time I feel hungry - I will just tell myself it is my imagination and try and ward it off

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Mrs T 123

When my boys were young they would ask for a chooky egg mashed up in a cup with butter but 1 is never enough for me I have to have 2!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Rach - throughout it all, I've been impressed how you've stuck with it. It will be what it will be, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Mrs T 123

Where in the world are you with those temperatures at this time of year - wow

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. Mrs T 123

Oops forgot to post my food earlier:-

Breakfast - 2 slices slc bread toasted with corned beef & tomato. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - chicken thighs with a little piri piri sauce and a side salad made up of baby spinach, cucumber, tomato, coleslaw & grated cheese. SF jelly with a little soya cream drizzled over the top

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi all - a bit later recording my food - got distracted starting to watch the queens gambit on Netflix and I’m hooked! Bulk watched 3 episodes!
    Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg with lc toast
    Lunch one slice of lc toast with cheese followed by lc truffle - was tempted by arrival of new batch of DGF cakes but got them into freezer before gave in as I’ve got older ones in freezer still to eat first!
    Dinner pork ribs and salads followed by DGF lemon and blueberry cake with cream.
    Booked for an early morning swim tomorrow can’t wait to get in the water again.my stress management is so much better when I can swim.so relieved they’ve been allowed to open but wonder how warm the water will be.........

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
  10. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Quick breakfast of just ff greek as early morning appt at dentist. Annoyingly he can't find anything wrong with the tooth thats hurting me all the time!
    L 90 sec bread with the remnants of last nights chicken and veg stew.
    D: 2 small pork chops with cabbage, broccoli and half a carrot. 3 sqs 85%

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. OzBlossom

Australia and I'm lucky because I'm in the Central Tablelands zone New South Wales, so higher up in altitude and usually a good 6C cooler than Sydney .... but not lately. Some (increasingly) rare snowfalls/dustings in Winter but still maintaining more of an actual 4 seasons, compared with most of Australia. The way we're warming up am seriously considering getting air con!
    In comparison, many places in Australia this past week were well over 40C, even hitting up to 48C!!!!

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Haha Paul calls them chooky eggs too. I asked granddaughter if she wanted me to mash the egg, she said no and did it herself with the kitchen scissors. Cutting with the blades in the cup - I was impressed, very efficient.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The hug is for all of you poor souls in Australia, suffering in that kind of heat!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was in Sydney this date last year. Strange colour skies from all the fires. Were you affected?

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. OzBlossom

Don't want to derail thread but this is so much on all our minds again here at the moment, so will answer.

Yes, last Summer was horrendous but many places so much worse than we had it. Here we did not see blue sky for months, just smoke, smoke and more smoke hanging in the air like some strange fog. Ash and burned leaves raining down some days - and glow of flames visible at night sometimes - though luckily flames not right up close to me. Friends in next little town had the bushfires come right to the bottom of their yard and set off all the heat and smoke detectors in their house at 3am one morning. Kept 'GO' bags packed and ready inside front door for months. It was apocalyptic in so many places.

https://www.smh.com.au/interactive/2020/behind-the-lens/live/

All the poor animals too, still makes me cry the toll it took on our wildlife.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07...-killed-displaced-in-fires-wwf-study/12497976

Really hope we do not repeat the same scenes this Summer but I fear it is a taste of the future.

• Hug Hug x 6
  16. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry, missed this. Either or. If I remember I marinate for a while, but they’re also good if you just put it on and cook straight away - just try and make sure some of the chilli flakes land if you’re cooking straight away. Wishing I’d got some out of the freezer now!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. AlisaFrost

AlisaFrost · Newbie

3 eggs, 2 toast, and salat with a mix of vegetables

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

It is a well known fact I can be a lazy cook.

MrB doesn't care much for chicken, whereas I love it. On Fridays when he chooses to have fish and chips, because of avoiding the gluten I have AFd chicken or sometimes sausages, however, when I buy the chicken legs or thighs (in my view a million times better than breast in the AF), I'll often season or bag in marinade prior to freezing.

That means I have flavour options already frozen, but also means an efficiency, if making a tandoori style marinade. I just make a full batch and use it up, although it also freezes well on it's own.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #42258 DCUKMod, Dec 2, 2020 at 9:30 AM
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  19. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ah we should have guessed from your name OzBlossom :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just browsing on here till the new year when I m going to get my act together and go low carb .Looking for more ideas :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook