What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG 7.9 Eek time to be sensible
Breakfast CWC
Mid morning CWC BG 7.7
Had to take MrSlim for eye appt in hospital no time for lunch.
Back home after unexpected but very effective laser treatment for MrSlim
lemon tea
Dinner, pork, onion and Apple casserole.
Steamed cabbage, carrots and few crumbs of potato attached to carrots from cooking in same pot. Two glasses of white wine. No pud .
Tested before meal 5.7
One hour 7.9
Two hours 5.8
Bedtime 5.1
No snacks.
Lemon tea at bedtime

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok looks like air for me since I can’t get my brain round planning meals without carbs
It is different to what has been drummed into us as "healthy eating" for years, but it is actually quite easy
1. Pick a protein, meat, fish, eggs
2 add low carb veg (thats salad, cabbage, kale, celery and many more)
3 add a good fat, olive oil in dressings, lard for frying, cheese or cream into a sauce

The only fruit is a very few berries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
Use full fat versions of yoghurt instead of milk.
Add nuts and seeds if needed, or just a few as a snack

I use a very friendly site called keto fitness club for recipe ideas
www.ketofitnessclub.com
Or diet doctor is good, especially for learning what is high or low carb www.dietdoctor.com

You'll get there, it took us time too

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s should be fun only done it once before I got discharged from hospital, sorry for been a grumpy madam

You don’t sound grumpy at all, nothing to apologise for. It’s very confusing to start with.
I wonder if you are trying to eat low calorie as well as low carb? From your menus it sounds as if you might be. It’s hard to think about both, many of us just stick to looking at the carb values of foods, don’t worry about the calories. A meter to test your glucose levels after food is a great investment.
I often use an app called carbs & Cals to monitor the carb values of food I eat, they do a book too, which has photos to show portion sizes - it’s quite useful when you are starting out.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s should be fun only done it once before I got discharged from hospital, sorry for been a grumpy madam

Lisa, you're not in the least grumpy.

This journey isn't easy, but you'll get there. You're trying so hard. I know you are.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch: Meatzza base with 2 fried eggs - used it as a kind of breakfast sausage. It didn't hold together and I thought frying eggs on top would do the job, but the whole lot collapsed into a kind of "eggy mess".

Evening meal: More vegetable stew - 2 bowls.

FBG was 10.9, up to 11.3 after brunch, up again now (just after midnight) to 15.9. In the process of changing back to Humillin S from Fiasp so not sure how much to take. More than I did, obviously. New day tomorrow.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
11am - yoghurt with flaxseed and goji berries, mixed seeds and raspberries. Slice of slc bread toasted and mug of earl grey tea

3pm - some spicy chicken wings - very tasty. Another slice of slc bread toasted and another mug of earl grey

10pm (after work) - very hungry so had 1 prawn cocktail with 1 slice slc bread buttered. Still hungry so had 2 hard boiled eggs mashed up in a cup with butter.

I have better shifts next week so hopefully won't need to eat as much and will plan meals and try and stick to them

Just looked out window - snow is all gone but now torrential rain with thunder and lightening - fabulous!

Goodnight all or may be good morning depending on where you are in the world

Sugarlisa

Yogurt with blackberries and peppermint tea and water for breakfast a omelette with cheese and bacon diced up and 3 cherry tomatoes for lunch with a glass sugar free squash and tea will be tandoori mixed grill with salad with squash again does it sound right today

Reactions: zauberflote

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yogurt with blackberries and peppermint tea and water for breakfast a omelette with cheese and bacon diced up and 3 cherry tomatoes for lunch with a glass sugar free squash and tea will be tandoori mixed grill with salad with squash again does it sound right today
Go girl. Take it from me, this is a pig of a WOE to get right. You'll do for me. Pearl clutchers cut the gal some slack.:angelic:

Reactions: Sugarlisa

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

That sounds fantastic Lisa. You are doing really well. It's a massive learning curve and it takes a while to get into the groove.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Looks pretty good to me. Keep on keeping on. You're doing well.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: mashed up, salvaged bits of avocado on a couple of crackers.

Lunch: bacon done in the microwave (still the wet stuff) on a couple more crackers. That's probably more than my allowance of carbs for today.

Dinner will be an Asian style beef dish - made from the shin beef a week or so back. It's almost ready - just needs something green added to it.