What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Only breakfast so far - Scrambled egg and 1 slice Wholemeal toast. Pre-meal BG 9.0, 1hr 13.9, 2hrs 11.9

I really need to go shopping, so much of my food in is high carbs :bag:

Good to see you here JF. For me, wholemeal toast isn't on, but enjoy it, if it suits you. I'm jealous!

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.00 am wakeup - unfortunately still winter :arghh:. B= Very much Assam TWAMIS: Dockey: CWCCS and 3 x Advent Calendar pralines - 10 down: Lunch: Tea and LCFC* toast with Epoisses <2 gms carb: EM: Mackerel and avo ( 2 of the 8 for £1 ones).salad. 2 X Vits: Usual flaxseed sprinkled on top. *Low Carb Food Company

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Downloaded the app already to look for breakfast ideas for morning
Breakfast ideas, eggs, boiled, scrambled, fried. Anyway you like with bacon nice and crispy or fingers of cheese to Dip. Smoked haddock and spinach.
Sausages, have to check those for carbs though.
Any leftover veg fried up or in an omelette.
Some people have full fat Greek yoghurt and berries.
I make a grain free granola, recipes on internet.
Any ideas here for you?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Yogurt with blackberries and peppermint tea and water for breakfast a omelette with cheese and bacon diced up and 3 cherry tomatoes for lunch with a glass sugar free squash and tea will be tandoori mixed grill with salad with squash again does it sound right today
Sounds good to me Lisa.

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast and lunch again, just wasn't hungry.

Going to make low carb toad in the hole for the 2nd time. They're in the oven right now, and this time I made sure the lard was screaming hot and sizzled when I put the batter in.

Putting it on a lower rack to hopefully avoid any burning etc and even cooking.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
Breakfast- Bacon buttie made with SLC bread - our Saturday treat after boot camp. Delicious!
Lunch was a chunk of chorizo and a few 100% chocolate buttons on the go.
Dinner- airfried duck breast with salad of rocket and avocado. I’ve missed the green stuff after my almost week of almost zero carb. Had this with a few of the leftover posh mushrooms fried in bacon fat left from this morning. Couple of glasses dry white. Really enjoyed this dinner. Airfried duck breast is fantastic.
IMG_4124.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
Breakfast- Bacon buttie made with SLC bread - our Saturday treat after boot camp. Delicious!
Dinner- airfried duck breast with salad of rocket and avocado. I’ve missed the green stuff after my almost week of almost zero carb. Had this with a few of the leftover posh mushrooms fried in bacon fat left from this morning. Couple of glasses dry white. Really enjoyed this dinner. Airfried duck breast is fantastic. View attachment 45996

Did you save the drippings? I've always been astonished how much fat renders out of duck.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
Dinner- airfried duck breast with salad of rocket and avocado. I’ve missed the green stuff after my almost week of almost zero carb. Had this with a few of the leftover posh mushrooms fried in bacon fat left from this morning. Couple of glasses dry white. Really enjoyed this dinner. Airfried duck breast is fantastic. View attachment 45996
Avocado looks nice :angelic:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

TMAD today.

Lunch was Nando’s. Ordered click and collect while out and was pleased to see rewards can now be used for collections. Cue one free whole chicken. Arrived to find eat in was an option so sat and ate half the chicken and a portion of grilled halloumi. Had also ordered some of their nuts, which were eaten once home. Other half of the chicken in fridge for weekday lunches.

Dinner was a few slices of salami.

@DJC3 how long did you cook the duck breast for? Not something I usually eat, but it looks fab.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

TMAD today.

Lunch was Nando’s. Ordered click and collect while out and was pleased to see rewards can now be used for collections. Cue one free whole chicken. Arrived to find eat in was an option so sat and ate half the chicken and a portion of grilled halloumi. Had also ordered some of their nuts, which were eaten once home. Other half of the chicken in fridge for weekday lunches.

Dinner was a few slices of salami.

@DJC3 how long did you cook the duck breast for? Not something I usually eat, but it looks fab.

About 20-25 mins on around 200C I don’t think my af is particularly accurate. I’ve never eaten duck much either ( apart from crispy duck from Chinese ) but the airfryer is a game changer in this case.
Edit to add - I left uncovered in the fridge for a couple of hours for skin to dry out a bit then sprinkled s&p, no oil. Very simple and delicious.
Edit again! To add that I pricked the skin all over before cooking.
Last edit I promise.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: coffee shop cappuccino and coconut bites.
Dinner of Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, three small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok looks like air for me since I can’t get my brain round planning meals without carbs
Very few of us could at the start, particularly when you were being told at initial appointments to eat wholemeal bread, pasta, brown rice ......I was lucky that I had a well informed GP surgery that hands out strips and meters to T2s and actually recommends low carb eating.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yogurt with blackberries and peppermint tea and water for breakfast a omelette with cheese and bacon diced up and 3 cherry tomatoes for lunch with a glass sugar free squash and tea will be tandoori mixed grill with salad with squash again does it sound right today
Sounds good to me Lisa

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Evening All

Brunch - 2 slices slc bread with cheese & onion. Mug of earl grey tea and small bar of Aldi Moser Roth 85%

Dinner - Mushroom & onion omlette and I may have had a few chips (naughty girl). A couple of very small peppers stuffed with soft cheese and a handful of nuts. Note to self: nothing else to eat tonight

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today seemed to rush past but managed to make time to bring our tree in from garden - it’s grown about 12 inches over the year in its pot in the garden and looks lovely decorated and lit up.
Breakfast a couple of mushrooms, one slice of bacon and egg on slice of LC toast
Lunch one slice of Lc toast with cheese and a few walnuts
Dinner roast chicken with a chipolata sausage, one very small roast potato and portion of sprouts with very small splash of gravy plus glass of dry white wine. Pudding DGF bakewell brownie with extra thick cream,
cooper - youngest sons dog pictured in my avatar - is coming to stay with us in the morning, as decorating being done at son’s house. we are so so looking forward to his company he’s such a good dog very cuddly and smiley. He is also good therapy for autistic eldest son so it’s a win win.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch of yesterday's leftover Bacon Cheeburger pie. I had mine cold with avocado and a tomato. Boy had his warmed in the microwave. Both very good, so a good, easy cheap useful and filling recipe
D: basa white fish cooked from frozen in oven with a curry topping, prawns in a sort of thai curry (blitzed half onion with chilli, ginger, garlic, then added coconut milk). Boys had naan breads with theirs
2 glasses wine, watered down with soda and 2 bites of a mini stollen bite