1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
    Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
    Dinner: rolled lamb breast roasted with rosemary and garlic with one tiny roast potato and mixed veggies with gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've never found it any supermarkets near me (South east) and us isn't offered by Asda online. Have asked Santa for some

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MrsA2

It definitely doesn't come on on my Asda online, even by product code. :banghead::arghh:
    Asda obviously don't want me to have it. Let's hope Santa is successful

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. MrsA2

B: chia seeds in coconut milk left overnight with a few frozen berries. Had tried this months ago and didn't like it, but did this time. Think the cocnut milk was better. It has swollen enough to give at least three portions.
    Lovely walk with a friend but oh so muddy in parts
    L: portobello mushrooms with a little Stilton on top and crispy bacon
    Mid afternoon, made some lc nut caramels clusters for the first time. Too good so ate all the broken ones, and some more
    D: beef casserole with carrots and celeriac in. Also threw in the last of the coconut milk and the ginger from last nights Thai curry. Made a nice rich sauce, not overpowering. Dessert was the last 2 nut clusters. I had thought I'd make them last all week....too dangerous.
    Feeling very full now

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Do you have Ocado? We don't but it might be worth a try. Their website is overwhelmed by Christmas stuff but they do have an 85% dark online. It's incredibly smooth for a dark chocolate.

https://www.godivachocolates.co.uk/dark-chocolate

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I was at Tesco's earlier and they only had the 72% so never bothered as that was what I got the last time - it was lovely and did make a lovely hot chocolate (someone on here had suggested it) but thought I better not take on or get addicted to any more bad habits and stick with at least 85%. Also checked it out at my local Morisons they don't have it either and I have never seen it there. Unfortunately not near a Asda so I will just have to stick with Lindtt which is nice enough ... I could may be do an online order with Asda at some point - thanks for the idea

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ziggy_w

ziggy_w Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Today's meals ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. 10g of 88% chocolate.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with steak tartare and mayonnaise. Some baba ghanoush. (Blood sugars in the mid to upper 6s after this -- don't quite understand why -- as this wasn't really out of the ordinary).

Dinner: Beef steak and lamb tenderloin cooked in beef broth and red wine with carrots, spring onion and celery. Celeriac mash with butter, potato fiber and cream. Sauerkraut with creme fraiche and caraway seeds. Red wine (probably too much of it).

• Like Like x 8
  8. notepadplusplus

notepadplusplus Other · Well-Known Member

L: Sausages and fried eggs

D: Pork chops and green beans

I have quite a bit of lard leftover from when I made keto Yorkshire pudding, so I thought I'd make use of it. Normally, I'd use olive oil to fry my chops but today I decided to add in a good knob of lard instead - wow, they came out tasting so much better!

• Like x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Breakfast, CWC, nut granola, several spoonfuls of peanut butter, (the jar needed emptying)
    More coffee but with milk, and three biscuits orange choc chip ones.
    Lunch, oone slice of toast woth butter and ham, cup of tea.
    Dinner MrSlim made what he called a vegetable stew. I did pick out most of the potatoes, but it was probably still a bit high in carbs.
    Watched a rubbish film and then the F1 race which was very exciting. Son1 and MSlim chatting away on whatsApp afterwards.
    Still planning out the cooking facilities for new motorhome have had to rule out anything electrical as impractical.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  10. Choosehappy

Choosehappy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Is anyone able to recommend a good protein powder for type 1 to make protein shakes with?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

Hugs for the inexplicable lunchtime rise @ziggy_w that sort of thing happens to me quite often frustratingly. Hope it came down again quickly.
    @notepadplusplus I think lard is vastly underrated - and a lot cheaper than olive oil.
    @Choosehappy sorry I’ve never bought protein powered so can’t advise.
    Today I decided to ring the changes and had breakfast of coconut porridge a la @Rachox with 5 raspberries and cream. Mistake sadly as bg went up to 6.8 after 2 hr. shame as it’s lovely and kept me full for hours.
    Lunch/dinner was the other airfried duck breast with a bit of crunchy salad and coleslaw. Afterwards 2 Montezumas 100% peanut butter mini eggs

• Like Like x 6
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Choosehappy

Choosehappy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @DJC3

how did you make the coconut porridge, with coconut milk? Interested to know as does sound good

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. shelley262

shelley262 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Started day with early swim while OH took Cooper for walk.
    Breakfast one each of bacon,egg and lc toast
    Lunch one slice of lc toast with cheese followed by one LC HM truffle
    Dinner ginger and chilli chicken with salads and salsa followed by DGF salted caramel brownie with cream.
    Think will be chilly tomorrow first thing but planning a swim regardless as it’s so good for my stress levels.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mrs T 123

Aww he is so cute and like a soft cuddly toy - he is sitting there like the king of the castle - I bet he is spoilt rotten

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #42414 Mrs T 123, Dec 7, 2020 at 6:43 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  15. Mrs T 123

5am - 2 slices slc bread sandwiches on leftover back bacon and a mug of earl grey tea to get me going for the day

1pm - snack of mussels, cheese & nuts

5pm - prawn cocktail & sweet chilli salmon salad. Small bar of aldi 85% moser roth with another mug of earl grey

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. JFWinstone

JFWinstone · Well-Known Member

Breakfast - omelette with pepperoni and lactofree cheese
    Lunch - didn't really have time to stop so some lactofree cheese and salami
    Dinner - Lamb chops with roasted Mediterranean vegetables and 2 squares 90% lindt dark chocolate

Plus a lot of herbal tea/water, the thirst has really kicked into overdrive. I'm hoping that'll calm down.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

What a shame, but just reinforces the notion that we’re all different. Most days I get a rise of maximum of 0.5 at 2 hours, other mornings I see a slight drop.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

7 months in this house today and still mostly packed in moving boxes and I don’t need to wake @5ish but far better than not waking up or being homeless. Already bored with winter . B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey: CWCSFCS and 3 advent pralines; Lunch: 2 sticks Fen celery:woot:, 2 or 3 slices of unbelievably cheap cooked beef from W…., 2 slices TLCC toast and butter. Tea; EM : IP Lamb shank casserole, celeriac, swede and cheese bake, vits. Inch by inch (rousing speech Mr Pacino) I’m rediscovering some acceptance of cooked LC food. That stayed hot and about as filling as my normal salad. Swipey, scales and fitbit data may alter my attitude. The outcomes need to offset my doubts over WOE. @MrsA2 Ocado have Godiva - Waitrose don't. Godiva 90% appears to be 22% carbs but Waitrose 1 90% is 14.5 and I can eat that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #42418 ianpspurs, Dec 7, 2020 at 7:18 PM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  19. Sugarlisa

Sugarlisa · Well-Known Member

We’re do u buy coconut porridge?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Are your blood sugars still high? Can you contact your HCP? From a previous post I understand you are on NPH insulin only, following pancreatitis, is that still right?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook