1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

I have to agree on the airfryer. I use ours a lot of the time. Even Hubby has taken to using it to bake 1/2 baguette for himself and produce various hot concoctions on the warm bread.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JFWinstone

JFWinstone · Well-Known Member

Late Breakfast - Spicy Chorizo, Salami, Lactofree Cheese, Cucumber and Cherry Tomatoes
    Snack - The Curators Pork Puffs
    Dinner - Lamb Curry

• Like Like x 9
  3. DanW13

DanW13 · Well-Known Member

Weird thing happened this evening, had delicious roast lamb, cauliflower rice, broccoli, kale, parsnips & small amount of peas/carrots. Post meal on Libre it’s spiked me to 8.9. Yet a sirloin steak with similar green veg & about 20g Quinoa only took me up to 7.4. Out of the 2 I’d have put money on the one with quinoa spiking me more yet it didn’t??

The lamb did have a luxury gravy but only 8g of carbs for half the pack do can’t believe it’s just that. Cumulative effect of everything with the meal?
    Back down to 6.9 now after 80 minutes!

• Like Like x 8
  4. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
    Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
    Dinner: roast chicken, one tiny roast potato and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all.

Woke up very hungry and as I was heading out walking for the day, prepped a breakfast of corned beef fried with onions,megs and some grated cheese. Didn’t finish it, but proved to be a good move as was out from 8am to 5pm.
    Dinner on return was spatchcock poussin with a 4 pepper marinade (courtesy of Waitrose) airfried and great crispy skin.

• Like Like x 6
  6. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

9:30 75g ff greek with seeds
    12:00 yesterday's leftover spicy chicken with guacamole, salad and pepper with a lc soda bread roll
    4:00 a mince pie with mulled wine
    6:30 roast beef, 2 small bits of roast parsnip, cabbage. A glass mulled wine. Half a mince pie with double cream

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Yes Peterborough seems to be the problem mine has been stuck there since Wednesday and not moved. DGF have very kindly said they will deliver a fresh order to me tomorrow - I don't know what service they will use to get it to me tomorrow it can't be royal mail???

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. Mrs T 123

My recent SLC delivery only took a couple of days to arrive this time I was confused as I had thought it was my DGF delivery - it was that quick in arriving I hadn't expected it!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mrs T 123

1pm (Sunday lunch out today - day off work) - Surf n Turf with large side salad which included cheese & coleslaw. Teeny tiny bit of christmas pudding with double cream (when back home)

5.30pm - 2 slices slc bread toasted, 1 slice with butter and pate on top, the other had roasted cheese

Fitted in 2 walks today as it was dry but fresh :)

• Like Like x 7
  10. annabell1

annabell1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breaky

Two pouched eggs on 1 slice of sourdough vienna toasted 11g carbs with butter washed down with black coffee

Snack A/T Found a scone in freezer defrosted it so scone with butter and 1/2 teaspoon of low carb st dalfour Berry jam and a black coffee

Dinner air fried potato chips a lamb kebab some home-made tzatziki, cos lettuce and some carrots

Snack- A white peach

approximately 60 to 70 carbs eaten today or below 100g but hopefully aiming to eat lower....

So the area I live in has 2 cases of covid and we have been told that limit of only 10 people on Christmas day per house if not gotten under control..unbelievable .. I don't think this will go down well with everyone

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Sugarlisa

Sugarlisa · Well-Known Member

Got weighted in 17st 12lb today was 18st 2lb so far today I’ve had meds and yogurt and blackberries and peppermint tea lunch was tuna sandwich with sugar free flavoured water
    Tea was chicken breast with spinach, peppers and mushrooms with a peppermint tea

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    #42711 Sugarlisa, Dec 21, 2020 at 9:54 AM
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  12. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Great stuff with the continued weight loss @Sugarlisa

Haven’t eaten much yet today, but boy am I ready to. Dinner is smelling delicious from the oven, but have needed to stray from the planned OMAD.

‘Lunch’ has been dessert followed by a starter. Found a few squares of Montezuma’s Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs lurking in a drawer (the bit without squares marked, but I’d guess about 6) and had half melted with some double cream added in. Followed a while later with a starter sized portion of ‘bits’ lurking in the fridge - corned beef, Red Leicester and some of the IKEA cheese plus one small sugarless pickled onion.

Dinner (luckily planned for around 3-3.30) will be roast lamb shoulder and cauliflower cheese. Can’t wait!

• Like Like x 5
  13. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Just heard from one of my SIL in Summerland Point (rest are outside Sydney). She was saying there had been an outbreak in the North Beach area which was causing the restrictions.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. MrsA2

I'm sort of aiming for OMAD today because of schedule but feel hungry now, even though 2 hours ago I ate:
    2 thick slice roast beef, spread with cream cheese and salsa
    A tomato
    A small h/m mince pie with double cream
    75g ff greek with 1 large teaspoon almond butter.

Carb manager tells me I'm way under on calories and a bit under on protein so maybe a bit more meat or eggs later

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. andromache

andromache · Well-Known Member

Full fat Greek-style yoghurt with fresh (well, defrosted!) raspberries, cream, topped with and chopped Whitworths mixed, roasted nuts for breakfast. Plus black coffee.

Lunch has been h/m spinach and lentil soup. A hefty dose of lovely Stilton. Then my daily half pint of full milk and some Lindt 99% choc - a heavenly combination.

Dinner will be h/m lamb casserole, cooked with carrots, parsnips and chicken stock, slightly thickened with a bit of pearl barley. Served with Spring Greens and parsley. And maybe a glass or two of Claret. :) A typical easy-going low(ish) carb day.

• Like Like x 6
  16. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Yesterday was lamb breast not shoulder: Tea: CWC+SF syrup and Fatt bar - raspberry and almond : SLC toast and Tea.:Lamb breast salad, vits. Contained Swipey inside its boundaries.

• Like Like x 5
  17. JFWinstone

JFWinstone · Well-Known Member

Breakfast - Lactose-Free Cheese, Roast Chicken and Salami
    Lunch - SLC Bread, Peanut Butter and Pork Puffs
    Dinner - Chicken, Bacon and a few cherry tomatoes

• Like Like x 4
  18. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
    Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
    Dinner: spaghetti bolognese, (no spaghetti of course!) with fried sliced courgette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. MrsA2

2 glasses red wine, watered down, while running a zoom quiz resulted in eating half a pack of pork crunchies and 2 squares 100% spread with almond butter, so my omad didn't work

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  20. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@SlimLizzy don't think you are stressing unnecessarily. My family's "cootie circle" hasn't changed since March 6. I haven't kept up with the details of everybody's lockdowns, but if you are uncomfortable seeing your gallivanting daughter, then if you can, explain this to her. If your parents are old enough that you may be excused for being their watchdog, you could mention something to her about them as well. [I know this should be on parallel thread but please forgive! I haven't even been there in days]
    @Annb reading your updates from earlier this week-- wrangling multiple conditions with differing requirements is a bear. I am sorry you are in the fray.
    @DJC3 I will follow up on your daughter. So scary.
    @annabell1 that is very sad news re your GP. I am sorry.
    @Rachox lovely plated dinner! I am now very confused. I know prawns are shrimp. But shrimp cocktail here is a little bowl of a sauce made of ketchup and horseradish, with a row of large tail-shell-on shrimp lined up hooked over the lip of the bowl, and maybe a lemon wedge. You squirt the lemon in your face (well, that's where mine winds up! { @Antje77 "winds up"!!! as in winding a watch, not Wind in the Willows}), then dip the shrimp in the sauce, with your fingers because the shell is still on the tail. Yours looks like something I'd call shrimp salad. Is that what everybody means by prawn cocktail?
    @DCUKMod I wouldn't know Sambuca if it booped me on the nose. I've heard/read of it and sort of associate it with golden Mediterranean seaside flirtatious afternoons. @Antje77 okay your trick is probably something some of my classmates in college would have tried. We had several class clowns....
    @maglil55 hugs for your 12 days and still you're going strong!
    @ianpspurs my last labs looked nothing like what my gizmos had been telling me. More recently MrZF had some labs and his FBG (which had been 4.6 a year before-- NOT fasting!) was .....3.1! And they said, oh, if you feel fine it's a lab error and we won't worry about it. <tears hair out>
    Oooo down to 8 posts!
    Go @Sugarlisa on the weight [email protected] those raspberries were fresh 5 seconds before freezing so to me they count as fresh!
    @MrsA2 my DIL teaches 10/11-yr-olds virtually. It's a wonder she doesn't pour wine into her seltzer can! It's like herding cats!
    Wow. I'm at the end. Not sure I believe it lol.
    Today bfast avocado, a few pecans, boiled egg, 1/2 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk, and that was 2 hours after I started. The other 1/2 Lindt and a few parmesan Whisps.
    At some point: 2 spoon-tips peanut butter, some skyr yogurt/olive oil.
    Barre class
    Supper cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, cucumber, spinach/hm dressing, 2 boiled eggs, 2 spoons cottage cheese (I could eat that stuff all day but oh my the plumbing backup...), flax crisps/soy
    Good night all, stay safe, may your vaccines come to you in orderly fashion, better than DHF and SLC orders (what is Peterborough going to do when the vaccine comes to town lol?), and good morning. Hope many of you saw Jupiter and Saturn dancing!

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook