What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit behind but mostly been eating eggs with sourdough for breakfast the sourdough only has 6grams carbs and yesterday Breakfast was sourdough with st dalfour jam that only has 2.96g carbs made using berries and grapejuice and pectin no added sugar.
Breakfast today scrambled eggs with sourdough toast butter and coffee

Lunch dinner has been home made rissoles with vegetables and gravy my sister made dinner at my mums place

I brought myself a breville smart oven air fryer on the weekend and ask why has it taken me this long to get one! I've made a few things in it baked eggs with tomato sauce, cooked bacon in it, Air fried some chicken wings and chips and yesterday made an apple pear pie not low carb but needed to use up the fruit. I think I be using this in place of my oven

Today I'm planing to cook a lamb shank for dinner with cauliflower and vegetables
I have to agree on the airfryer. I use ours a lot of the time. Even Hubby has taken to using it to bake 1/2 baguette for himself and produce various hot concoctions on the warm bread.

DanW13

Weird thing happened this evening, had delicious roast lamb, cauliflower rice, broccoli, kale, parsnips & small amount of peas/carrots. Post meal on Libre it’s spiked me to 8.9. Yet a sirloin steak with similar green veg & about 20g Quinoa only took me up to 7.4. Out of the 2 I’d have put money on the one with quinoa spiking me more yet it didn’t??

The lamb did have a luxury gravy but only 8g of carbs for half the pack do can’t believe it’s just that. Cumulative effect of everything with the meal?
Back down to 6.9 now after 80 minutes!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: roast chicken, one tiny roast potato and mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Woke up very hungry and as I was heading out walking for the day, prepped a breakfast of corned beef fried with onions,megs and some grated cheese. Didn’t finish it, but proved to be a good move as was out from 8am to 5pm.
Dinner on return was spatchcock poussin with a 4 pepper marinade (courtesy of Waitrose) airfried and great crispy skin.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
9:30 75g ff greek with seeds
12:00 yesterday's leftover spicy chicken with guacamole, salad and pepper with a lc soda bread roll
4:00 a mince pie with mulled wine
6:30 roast beef, 2 small bits of roast parsnip, cabbage. A glass mulled wine. Half a mince pie with double cream

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I ordered my SLC on the Sunday and they arrived Tuesday a.m. Mine are dated 25th by the way. I wanted to order more DGF but once they hit Peterborough they seem not to want to move again. I know they're busy at Royal Mail but I'll wait until after NY now.
Yes Peterborough seems to be the problem mine has been stuck there since Wednesday and not moved. DGF have very kindly said they will deliver a fresh order to me tomorrow - I don't know what service they will use to get it to me tomorrow it can't be royal mail???

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm confused how I have no issues at all with my SLC deliveries - here in a day. Mrs T 123 who is only the other side of Edinburgh does have problems and it seems we both have issues with DGF orders "hanging out" for about a week in Peterborough DO??
My recent SLC delivery only took a couple of days to arrive this time I was confused as I had thought it was my DGF delivery - it was that quick in arriving I hadn't expected it!

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1pm (Sunday lunch out today - day off work) - Surf n Turf with large side salad which included cheese & coleslaw. Teeny tiny bit of christmas pudding with double cream (when back home)

5.30pm - 2 slices slc bread toasted, 1 slice with butter and pate on top, the other had roasted cheese

Fitted in 2 walks today as it was dry but fresh :)

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breaky

Two pouched eggs on 1 slice of sourdough vienna toasted 11g carbs with butter washed down with black coffee

Snack A/T Found a scone in freezer defrosted it so scone with butter and 1/2 teaspoon of low carb st dalfour Berry jam and a black coffee

Dinner air fried potato chips a lamb kebab some home-made tzatziki, cos lettuce and some carrots

Snack- A white peach

approximately 60 to 70 carbs eaten today or below 100g but hopefully aiming to eat lower....

So the area I live in has 2 cases of covid and we have been told that limit of only 10 people on Christmas day per house if not gotten under control..unbelievable .. I don't think this will go down well with everyone

Sugarlisa

Got weighted in 17st 12lb today was 18st 2lb so far today I’ve had meds and yogurt and blackberries and peppermint tea lunch was tuna sandwich with sugar free flavoured water
Tea was chicken breast with spinach, peppers and mushrooms with a peppermint tea

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great stuff with the continued weight loss @Sugarlisa

Haven’t eaten much yet today, but boy am I ready to. Dinner is smelling delicious from the oven, but have needed to stray from the planned OMAD.

‘Lunch’ has been dessert followed by a starter. Found a few squares of Montezuma’s Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs lurking in a drawer (the bit without squares marked, but I’d guess about 6) and had half melted with some double cream added in. Followed a while later with a starter sized portion of ‘bits’ lurking in the fridge - corned beef, Red Leicester and some of the IKEA cheese plus one small sugarless pickled onion.

Dinner (luckily planned for around 3-3.30) will be roast lamb shoulder and cauliflower cheese. Can’t wait!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breaky

Two pouched eggs on 1 slice of sourdough vienna toasted 11g carbs with butter washed down with black coffee

Snack A/T Found a scone in freezer defrosted it so scone with butter and 1/2 teaspoon of low carb st dalfour Berry jam and a black coffee

Dinner air fried potato chips a lamb kebab some home-made tzatziki, cos lettuce and some carrots

Snack- A white peach

approximately 60 to 70 carbs eaten today or below 100g but hopefully aiming to eat lower....

So the area I live in has 2 cases of covid and we have been told that limit of only 10 people on Christmas day per house if not gotten under control..unbelievable .. I don't think this will go down well with everyone
Just heard from one of my SIL in Summerland Point (rest are outside Sydney). She was saying there had been an outbreak in the North Beach area which was causing the restrictions.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sort of aiming for OMAD today because of schedule but feel hungry now, even though 2 hours ago I ate:
2 thick slice roast beef, spread with cream cheese and salsa
A tomato
A small h/m mince pie with double cream
75g ff greek with 1 large teaspoon almond butter.

Carb manager tells me I'm way under on calories and a bit under on protein so maybe a bit more meat or eggs later

andromache

Full fat Greek-style yoghurt with fresh (well, defrosted!) raspberries, cream, topped with and chopped Whitworths mixed, roasted nuts for breakfast. Plus black coffee.

Lunch has been h/m spinach and lentil soup. A hefty dose of lovely Stilton. Then my daily half pint of full milk and some Lindt 99% choc - a heavenly combination.

Dinner will be h/m lamb casserole, cooked with carrots, parsnips and chicken stock, slightly thickened with a bit of pearl barley. Served with Spring Greens and parsley. And maybe a glass or two of Claret. :) A typical easy-going low(ish) carb day.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: spaghetti bolognese, (no spaghetti of course!) with fried sliced courgette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@SlimLizzy don't think you are stressing unnecessarily. My family's "cootie circle" hasn't changed since March 6. I haven't kept up with the details of everybody's lockdowns, but if you are uncomfortable seeing your gallivanting daughter, then if you can, explain this to her. If your parents are old enough that you may be excused for being their watchdog, you could mention something to her about them as well. [I know this should be on parallel thread but please forgive! I haven't even been there in days]
@Annb reading your updates from earlier this week-- wrangling multiple conditions with differing requirements is a bear. I am sorry you are in the fray.
@DJC3 I will follow up on your daughter. So scary.
@annabell1 that is very sad news re your GP. I am sorry.
@Rachox lovely plated dinner! I am now very confused. I know prawns are shrimp. But shrimp cocktail here is a little bowl of a sauce made of ketchup and horseradish, with a row of large tail-shell-on shrimp lined up hooked over the lip of the bowl, and maybe a lemon wedge. You squirt the lemon in your face (well, that's where mine winds up! { @Antje77 "winds up"!!! as in winding a watch, not Wind in the Willows}), then dip the shrimp in the sauce, with your fingers because the shell is still on the tail. Yours looks like something I'd call shrimp salad. Is that what everybody means by prawn cocktail?
@DCUKMod I wouldn't know Sambuca if it booped me on the nose. I've heard/read of it and sort of associate it with golden Mediterranean seaside flirtatious afternoons. @Antje77 okay your trick is probably something some of my classmates in college would have tried. We had several class clowns....
@maglil55 hugs for your 12 days and still you're going strong!
@ianpspurs my last labs looked nothing like what my gizmos had been telling me. More recently MrZF had some labs and his FBG (which had been 4.6 a year before-- NOT fasting!) was .....3.1! And they said, oh, if you feel fine it's a lab error and we won't worry about it. <tears hair out>
Oooo down to 8 posts!
Go @Sugarlisa on the weight loss!@andromache those raspberries were fresh 5 seconds before freezing so to me they count as fresh!
@MrsA2 my DIL teaches 10/11-yr-olds virtually. It's a wonder she doesn't pour wine into her seltzer can! It's like herding cats!
Wow. I'm at the end. Not sure I believe it lol.
Today bfast avocado, a few pecans, boiled egg, 1/2 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk, and that was 2 hours after I started. The other 1/2 Lindt and a few parmesan Whisps.
At some point: 2 spoon-tips peanut butter, some skyr yogurt/olive oil.
Barre class
Supper cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, cucumber, spinach/hm dressing, 2 boiled eggs, 2 spoons cottage cheese (I could eat that stuff all day but oh my the plumbing backup...), flax crisps/soy
Good night all, stay safe, may your vaccines come to you in orderly fashion, better than DHF and SLC orders (what is Peterborough going to do when the vaccine comes to town lol?), and good morning. Hope many of you saw Jupiter and Saturn dancing!