What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: cheese, mushroom and tomato omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC raspberry and chocolate granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Great looking meal today @Antje77 I hope you can climb back on soon.
Thank you, me too! At least it seems almost a year of seeing a psychologist (finished now) has given me the handles to just accept it sucks at the moment and wait for things to get better, which is an improvement :)
And I'm one of the lucky ones who are able to have very dark moods but still enjoy small things and have a good laugh over silliness, so not all is bad!

A friend came over today with very yummy home-made pepparkakor (Swedish christmas biscuits with lots of spices) which apparently contained a lot more carbs than I guessed. So diabetes has been interesting, but I think I'm back to normal now :)

Dinner will be the same as yesterday, and looking forward to it!

Tomorrow I'll be babysitting my favourite 1 year old while her mother and my neighbour will be preparing the christmas turkey. The preparing will start with catching the turkey so I'm pretty sure I won't have time to feel depressed, although all this social stuff may come back to bite me in the butt as a reaction the day after. Let's hope I'll be recovered enough by the evening of the 25th to enjoy our christmas dinner and bonfire!

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Black coffee and Hiit session with PT for breakfast, then 1 hr queueing outside the butcher’s in the rain.
Lunch: tuna, Hb egg, salad leaves, 2 cherry toms and h/m Mayo.
Dinner: pork tenderloin sous vide and seared quickly afterwards. This was just wonderful, I will never cook it any other way. Mushroom cream sauce and garlicky greens with it. DGF ginger cake and cream to follow. 1 glass dry white.
Great looking meal today @Antje77 I hope you can climb back on soon.
@maglil55 hugs for the Libre frustrations on top of everything you are dealing with.
@Mrs T 123 I’d eat them but why not contact DGF and ask what they think? They usually respond quickly.
Cake looks amazing @Goonergal

What were your temperature and times for your tenderloin, please?

We had one of MrB's special cottage pies today, with coriander seeds in the mince layer. I only had a little of the creamy mash, but quite a the crispy cheesy hat.

MrB has just had his second mince pie of the season. No sloe gin in the mincemeat of this one. It was declared less sweet, so much nicer.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
1pm - Lunch out at restaurant/small hotel of Turkey with all the trimmings - disappointed as not a brussel sprout in sight - loads of potatoes but not much good to me as I only had a couple (I did enjoy the 2/3 right enough)

6pm - after some last minute christmas shopping (for myself) - shopping centre not busy for 2 days before christmas - bargains galore - I had 2 slices slc bread toasted with butter and brussels pate on top. 2 squares lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top. Mug of earl grey tea

Sugarlisa

**** food day toast and jam with a green tea (breakfast)
Beef salad sandwich with sugar free squash lunch
with Aldi sweet chilli curls
Tea was chicken breast with a wrap and a green tea

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
08:30 ff greek with seeds
12:30 cauliflower cheese bites ( tried using up yesterday's cauliflower cheese by mixing it with ground almonds and an egg to be like the cheeses savoury I make from scratch. But tried cooking it in small bite sizes to freeze as nibbles for Xmas, but it stuck so ate it all for lunch instead) . One tomato.
6:30 3 egg souffle omelette with a little cheese and a side salad. 2 chocolate mints (proper ones)

Edited to add the M&S cafe creme biscuit just given to me by my son from his works Xmas present. Luckily they are small (but delicious) 7.5 g carbs each. Will test later on, hoping spike isn't too bad so I can have another tomorrow

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What were your temperature and times for your tenderloin, please?

62C for 1’30”
I meant to tell you I tried some of that IP infused water - Apple and cinnamon. It was great, I’ve promised to make a load more for TT daughter to drink over Christmas, she gets bored with the usual non alcoholic stuff.
IMG_1608763393.023282.jpg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
62C for 1’30”
I meant to tell you I tried some of that IP infused water - Apple and cinnamon. It was great, I’ve promised to make a load more for TT daughter to drink over Christmas, she gets bored with the usual non alcoholic stuff.
View attachment 46411
Oh fabulous - meat and water. I haven't tried the water yet, but I will do

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, me too! At least it seems almost a year of seeing a psychologist (finished now) has given me the handles to just accept it sucks at the moment and wait for things to get better, which is an improvement :)
And I'm one of the lucky ones who are able to have very dark moods but still enjoy small things and have a good laugh over silliness, so not all is bad!

A friend came over today with very yummy home-made pepparkakor (Swedish christmas biscuits with lots of spices) which apparently contained a lot more carbs than I guessed. So diabetes has been interesting, but I think I'm back to normal now :)

Dinner will be the same as yesterday, and looking forward to it!

Tomorrow I'll be babysitting my favourite 1 year old while her mother and my neighbour will be preparing the christmas turkey. The preparing will start with catching the turkey so I'm pretty sure I won't have time to feel depressed, although all this social stuff may come back to bite me in the butt as a reaction the day after. Let's hope I'll be recovered enough by the evening of the 25th to enjoy our christmas dinner and bonfire!

Sounds like a good philosophy - just accept that it sucks, and wait for things to get better. I like it. I can understand the effort needed to keep your ‘social face’ on for prolonged periods though. One of my daughters is similar.

I am going to be thinking of you all trying to catch your Christmas turkey tomorrow, just the thought is making me laugh. Will the 1 year old be helping?

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can understand the effort needed to keep your ‘social face’ on for prolonged periods though.
The stupid thing is that I'm doing fine during all the social stuff but am presented with something like a mental hangover the day(s) after, making it very hard to gauge where I should stop. But as it's only christmas once a year (and not even my preferred christmas with family, however much I like my friend and my neighbours), I'll just plan in 2 days for dark moods, no people and no nothing, and hope for the best on christmas day :)
I am going to be thinking of you all trying to catch your Christmas turkey tomorrow, just the thought is making me laugh. Will the 1 year old be helping?
As long as I'm babysitting the 1 year old won't go anywhere near the turkey, as I definitely can't handle watching animals being killed at the moment, not even ridiculous animals like turkeys!
I'll be happy to enjoy the turkey when it has transformed to a meal though, it's had a very good life, which is a major positive for me when eating meat!

Other neighbour is planning to smoke some geese breasts tomorrow, and he promised me one. I've had them before and they're very, very good, so looking forward to it!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The stupid thing is that I'm doing fine during all the social stuff but am presented with something like a mental hangover the day(s) after, making it very hard to gauge where I should stop. But as it's only christmas once a year
I'm fine with social things too, but do feel down afterwards. Its like a glimpse of normality only highlights the strangeness of the situation when we are each home again.
I think lots of people are near the edge of stress/depression, call it whatever you like. Its like battle fatigue, and not just because of Christmas.
Hugs all round.

Reactions: Antje77

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
62C for 1’30”
View attachment 46411

I can see I’m going to have to look out for one of these sous vide things. That meat looks fabulous.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can see I’m going to have to look out for one of these sous vide things. That meat looks fabulous.

Haha you and I will both be drowning in gadgets in our small kitchens soon. All @DCUKMod ‘s fault!
The sous vide stick doesn’t take up much room though and you can use it in the IP inner.
The pork tenderloin was really good. Some people might like it more, or less well done but for me it was perfect, tender and juicy.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
so didn't sleep when I got home late last night my mind was buzzing...... but washed some of the preps for meals I am making for xmas day.

breakfast a poached egg on a butterered slice of sourdough toast and black coffee

lunch didn't eat was busy preparing food.....

dinner two slices of sourdough bread sandwich with turkey breast Havarti cheese lettuce and cranberry sauce and a Nexba sugar free probiotic live sparking water.

wow I just saw the news tonight on what is going on over in England with covid and a new mutated covid19.... I hope all stay well for everyone please stay safe and Merry christmas to you all I hope things start improving for everyone around the world do take care every one and stay safe.

Screenshot_20201224-192054_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

Sugarlisa

so didn't sleep when I got home late last night my mind was buzzing...... but washed some of the preps for meals I am making for xmas day.

breakfast a poached egg on a butterered slice of sourdough toast and black coffee

lunch didn't eat was busy preparing food.....

dinner two slices of sourdough bread sandwich with turkey breast Havarti cheese lettuce and cranberry sauce and a Nexba sugar free probiotic live sparking water.

wow I just saw the news tonight on what is going on over in England with covid and a new mutated covid19.... I hope all stay well for everyone please stay safe and Merry christmas to you all I hope things start improving for everyone around the world do take care every one and stay safe.

View attachment 46427

Thanks u have a fabulous day to what every you do x

Reactions: annabell1

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha you and I will both be drowning in gadgets in our small kitchens soon. All @DCUKMod ‘s fault!
The sous vide stick doesn’t take up much room though and you can use it in the IP inner.
The pork tenderloin was really good. Some people might like it more, or less well done but for me it was perfect, tender and juicy.

:) :)

I hate to break it to you, but as a result of someone eulogising about it on one of the FB foodie groups, I brought down a Tefal Express, grater thingamybob from the loft to try again. It had been resigned to the out side of the "1in/1out" agreement I allegedly have with MrB for gadgets. He had actually forgotten we had it.

Anyway, I grated 1kg of mature cheddar in no time at all, and contained the messy outputs (which was the BIG downside), then bagged and frozen for toppings. We're trying again with that one.

On the upside, for you guys, they don't seem to make it any more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-MB750G36-Fresh-Express/dp/B006ZCU3T0

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:) :)

I hate to break it to you, but as a result of someone eulogising about it on one of the FB foodie groups, I brought down a Tefal Express, grater thingamybob from the loft to try again. It had been resigned to the out side of the "1in/1out" agreement I allegedly have with MrB for gadgets. He had actually forgotten we had it.

Anyway, I grated 1kg of mature cheddar in no time at all, and contained the messy outputs (which was the BIG downside), then bagged and frozen for toppings. We're trying again with that one.

On the upside, for you guys, they don't seem to make it any more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-MB750G36-Fresh-Express/dp/B006ZCU3T0

Thank heavens!
I tend to grate a block of cheddar weekly in the food processor and store it in a Tupperware in the fridge. I was fed up with washing the grater most days after doing just an ounce or 2 of cheese for each recipe.
There is absolutely no room in my kitchen now!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank heavens!
I tend to grate a block of cheddar weekly in the food processor and store it in a Tupperware in the fridge. I was fed up with washing the grater most days after doing just an ounce or 2 of cheese for each recipe.
There is absolutely no room in my kitchen now!

I have always batch grated, for that very reason. I lot of clearing up, a few cheapo sarnie bags, sealed and lobbed in the freezer, with strict instructions to let me know when there 2 left. I also batch grate and store parmesan in the same way.

Having rummaged in the freezer this morning for something else, I "added value" by finding a half tenderloin that's been in there a while, already in the vacc bag, with these aromatic/seasonings: https://www.copymethat.com/r/rIYvRo1/maes-slow-roasted-pork-lechon/ Of course, there's no crackling, which the original recipe delivers well, but all the taste will be there.

They're such lovely flavours, but a bit of a faff to do for one dish, so, in my role as sous chef, I tend do way more and either freeze on their own, or frozen with what they'll cooked with.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
11am - 2 slices slc bread with turkey & stuffing on a sandwich (I have started early!) Mug of earl grey tea with 1 DGF blueberry & lemon drizzle cake (order arrived this morning and lovely & fresh) :happy:

Dinner will be - Salmon with a large side salad. May be another DGF - well it is nearly christmas ;)