What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday was an EATING day
B - McDonalds Sausage & Egg Muffin
L - I was shopping so ate on the go. A bratwurst from one stall (I ditched the bun it came with) and some chicken pieces from another stall.
S - A couple of beers when I went to watch "Deadpool" at the cinema (thoroughly recommended if you have a slightly twisted sense of humour). Some wine at home. And then I got the munchies big style... a packet of biltong, a whole Mattessons smoked pork sausage, some fridge raiders plus babybels!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Saturday:

B: the usual Fried Egg, 2 Bacon, 2 Chipolatas, Tomato and gallons of Tea
L: Coffee with cream, & nicked a chicken wing off youngest son.
D: Aromatic Crispy Duck (Pancakes & Hoisin a bit naughty)
Lamb Rump with Roasted Med Veggies
Blueberries with a splosh of Double Cream and some shaved 85%

Must remember to get more gas for the BBQ, Lamb took ages to cook.

Reactions: 8 people

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Last night's dinner: chicken thigh with strips of red and green pepper simmered with salt, pepper, olive oil and oregano + an orange

Reactions: 7 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi I get t
Is that in a cereal box/cereal section?
I get these too there are 2-3 selections you can get. They are as near the cereals in Aldi sometimes they have them at the check out tills. I have all 3 and I put them all together in a large kitchen jar and sprinkle on anything. :happy:

Reactions: 4 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Todays meals Sunday will be
B Poached egg / mushrooms and tomatoes fried in Flora light / 1 slice Burgen bread.
L Tin of mackeral fillets in tomato sauce. Red water melon.
D Dry cured bacon grilled / cauliflower / broccoli.
No sugar jelly / whipped cream with vanilla essence with raspberries and cinnamon,

Rosbif

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
For tonight's dinner I'm thinking of some kind of chicken pumpkin coconut curry concoction. Have 3 chicken breasts to use up along with some frozen diced pumpkin.

Reactions: 11 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday was left overs day B linseed(flax) oats cashew and raisins(home made museli) with greek yoghurt
L Avocado Salad D the last of the beef something
Today B Baked Bacon Egg Mushroom(stuffed mushroom) L Avocado Salad (dont think Ill ever tire of this) D Roast Chicken egg washed dusted with spice and probably cauliflower/cabbage

D

Deleted member 43917

having a veggie day today:-

B - whole milk yogurt with blueberries & ground flaxseed & little cocoa powder
L - Quorn & vegetable Thai green curry, hard boiled eggs
S - apple
D - either vegetable & bean soup or soya in a mushroom & tomato sauce & green beans

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
B- eggs and bacon
L- stilton,almonds, coffee with cream
S- coffee with cream
D- will be chilli with cauli rice, pudding is sugar free jelly, berries and greek yogurt

Keeping carbs low until tea, as have family coming over for tea( they will have proper rice, garlic bread and cake, and I won't and I won't miss them :)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee.n cream

L: 2 eggs, mayonaise, creamy broccoli, pepsi max

D: pork belly, broccoli and cauliflour, pepsi max

S: 2 x coffee n cream

Reactions: 6 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: coffee with splash of milk
L: cabbage and soft cheese
D: cornbeef slices
S: 4 Jacob crackers with butter and cheese.
I tried 4 cream crackers yesterday, boy did my sugar go up lol. I think Im best just saying no to wheat.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: lemon & poppy seed muffin with Skyr yoghurt
L: 1/2 baked avocado with tuna & blue cheese; boiled egg
D: roast duck leg, fried mustard cauliflower mash; orange ricotta cheesecake with blueberries

S: cheese; nuts

Reactions: 10 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Todays efforts
B - bacon. coffee with cream
L - Spinach bread with brussels pate
D - stir fried beef & veggies with ginger, garlic and 5 spice.
S - kabanos.

Reactions: 6 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
I tried 4 cream crackers yesterday, boy did my sugar go up lol. I think Im best just saying no to wheat.
Cream crackers spike my BG readings too, :) now I have crackerbreads or rivitas or water biscuits. None of these spike me.

Reactions: 2 people

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Aww bless you, I was scared to let her out again but she loves it so much. My older cat is ill I think, her breathing has changed, she is old though.I'm glad you have found some new cats, I couldn't live without them:cat:
Hi, I hope your older cat is ok too. I don´t think I could live without cats. Im always looking for them around my feet, waiting for them to rub around my ankle, jumping over imaginary cats without them. I am not looking forward to letting these 2 outside but I know I have to. They are tearing the walls down. I hope they're ok :(

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
B: 2 boiled eggs. Coffee with double cream.
S: Almonds (15) Diet Lemonade
L: Carrots, Swede and Cabbage with 2 thin gammon slices and a chicken thigh with gravy.
D: Brocolli and cauliflower with red salmon out of a tin.
S: Cheddar cheese cube (3). Diet Cream Soda.

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I hope your older cat is ok too. I don´t think I could live without cats. Im always looking for them around my feet, waiting for them to rub around my ankle, jumping over imaginary cats without them. I am not looking forward to letting these 2 outside but I know I have to. They are tearing the walls down. I hope they're ok :(
I'm sure they will be fine. My older one poppy seems ok today, she's been chasing my little one betty round the house so she can't be that bad. You could try taking them out on a little cat lead so they get used to strange smells and stuff. I don't know about the whole thing about putting butter on there feet as I've never done this. You can PM if you don't want to write about cats on this forum. :cat:

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sure they will be fine. My older one poppy seems ok today, she's been chasing my little one betty round the house so she can't be that bad. You could try taking them out on a little cat lead so they get used to strange smells and stuff. I don't know about the whole thing about putting butter on there feet as I've never done this. You can PM if you don't want to write about cats on this forum. :cat:
S.Sollis if you want to be added to my facebook page let me know, I love posting funny cat stuff.

Reactions: 3 people

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im wanting a substitute to pepperoni and cheese bread roll. Anyone got any suggestions what to wrap around the pepperoni and cheese? Somedays I just want handheld foods.
Edit should have said Im watching calories as well as carbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

jal16

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm sure they will be fine. My older one poppy seems ok today, she's been chasing my little one betty round the house so she can't be that bad. You could try taking them out on a little cat lead so they get used to strange smells and stuff. I don't know about the whole thing about putting butter on there feet as I've never done this. You can PM if you want to write about cats on this forum. :cat:
Hi, Im not sure how to send a personal message but if you can send one to me Id be more than happy to add your facebook page then. I love cats and looking at their funny antics XX :)