What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread with simple butter, cheese & tomato (I just had a notion for it). 1 square of lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top. Mug of earl grey tea

Dinner - chicken breast with diane sauce over the top with mediterranean vegetables. Small slice of hubby's chocolate birthday cake (naughty! but nice). Mug of earl grey tea.

I think I may have some alcoholic drinks tonight, on the other hand, I bought a 2L plastic bottle out of the £1 shop as I think some days I don't drink enough water although I do try, so I can now see exactly what I do/do not drink water wise in a day - I think I have another 2 glasses to drink today and then I will have drunk my 2L of water today.

Pilates Deb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
House work!
two slices of seriously low carb toast with peanut butter & a scraping of suite marmalade (not at the same time, but might be nice!)
A piece of hot smoked salmon tomato and cucumber

Take away curry Tandori mix tonight, no rice or naan :( and 3 squares of Cadbury's new low sugar chocolate about 5/4grams carbs

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and a few chopped pecans.
Dinner: cold chicken drumsticks, coleslaw, leafy salad and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had breakfast today for a change https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/judys-low-carb-porridge if you haven’t tried this I wouldn’t bother, I didn’t like it at all, very slimy. No idea why I decided to waste all those carbs on a breakfast like that.
Lunch was a ham salad, including h/b egg, avocado and h/m coleslaw followed by DGF choc brownie and cream.
Dinner was 2 airfried chicken thighs and a few roast Mediterranean veg
Well done on the water drinking @Mrs T 123 I struggle to drink enough of it too.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast one slice of bacon,fried egg and half slice hm lc toast
Lunch half slice of hm lc toast with Brie followed by coffee and two montezumas peanut butter eggs
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with asparagus and a few green beans and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF strawberries and cream cake with cream
Planning to make next weeks lc loaf tomorrow and going to stick with last weeks recipe modifications as my latest version has been delicious. I’m also going to start marinading Sunday’s planned bavette steak in lemon juice and olive oil and cook Saturdays hm curry in the slow cooker.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had to wake to the alarm today ready for yoga, but was in a deep deep sleep and dreaming. I hate waking like that. Bg not so good either

12:00 2 scrambled eggs, I slice ham, half an avocado, 4 pecans. 1 lc hot chocolate drink

Asda order arrived, but somehow it hadn't saved my final lot of changes grr, and for the third week in a row they substituted onions for leeks, so now have 4kg of onions!
6:30 hm chicken curry made with swede and carrots. Boys had rice too. Small ff greek with seeds. 2 sqs 100% and 1 red wine.
While it was cooking we nibbled on half a packet of Mr Porky pork strips, billed as light, they were too hard and not like the pork crunchies I have been enjoying. I couldn't get any of the latter in Morrisons and they never ever show on Asda online. I get really cross when the only thing I can have is not stocked. Its not like I can choose anything else instead, yet there are 25 offerings of potato crisps. Grr again.

I know some of you order scratching type things on line but the bbe dates are so short. How do you manage?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast one slice of bacon,fried egg and half slice hm lc toast
Lunch half slice of hm lc toast with Brie followed by coffee and two montezumas peanut butter eggs
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with asparagus and a few green beans and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF strawberries and cream cake with cream
Planning to make next weeks lc loaf tomorrow and going to stick with last weeks recipe modifications as my latest version has been delicious. I’m also going to start marinading Sunday’s planned bavette steak in lemon juice and olive oil and cook Saturdays hm curry in the slow cooker.

Are you using a recipe for your curry, or just chucking everything in? I have some stewing steak for tomorrow and could do with a good slow cooker curry recipe

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 13 January - Bed 6.6 FBG 6. Catch up time again. Brother still holding his own and Home Schooling continues.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing
D. Omelette 2 eggs with pancetta, mushrooms , tomato and cheese. Wilted spinach and a few veggie chips.

Thursday 14 January - Bed 6.3 FBG 6.2

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw (becoming a habit)
L. Nothing
D. Used my last pack of Lidl high protein noodles from the freezer with pork meatballs in a tomato and garlic sauce and parmesan. 1 truffle and a handful of cherries.

@shelley262- you must be so pleased that your Mum got her vaccine. Hope all goes well in the coming weeks. @Mrs T 123 - yes, that was just Royal Mail delivery. That's what I don't get since, as I said, you are just the other side of Edinburgh to me. There again it doesn't explain how my DGF orders seem to bunk in Peterborough unless (as @ianpspurs says) it is just Peterborough!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you using a recipe for your curry, or just chucking everything in? I have some stewing steak for tomorrow and could do with a good slow cooker curry recipe
Hiya no no recipe I make a Mix of spices of equal amounts of each spice inc chilli flakes,turmeric,cumin,coriander, cinnamon, ginger,garlic and onion granules mix and keep in plastic box and the use about five teaspoons per curry for two of us. I cook some Mediterranean veg ( courgettes, a few onions, lots of peppers, and a few cherry tomatoes) about a handful in total in pan in olive oil add the mixed spices and then add chicken stock. I will add to slow cooker and then quickly brown the chicken pieces with skin on for flavour and add. Then slow cook all day tends to thicken up over time. I chop fresh Corriander and sprinkle on top. I’ve also used pastes in past but they can have some high carb counts and odd ingredients so went back to preparing my own mix.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Friday 15 January - Bed 6.6 FBG 6.7. End of the first week of home school. A bit of a meltdown today but he calmed down and got on with more algebra and a bit of work on Time - months, days, weeks, leap year etc. Only did 1/2 day since Friday is half day. Generally, I reckon we got through more work in one week than they do in 4 in school. I'm shattered though. After home time it was out with son for a shopping trip with youngest grandson who was set on getting one of these Asian lucky cats! We got one too. To be honest some good luck would be very welcome.
L. Few cherries and a coffee after the shopping trip.
D. Spit roast chicken, veggie salad, coleslaw, avocado, 2 mini mozzarella and a slice of SLC bread and butter. 1 truffle (they are taking a while to go at 1 occasional truffle).

Tomorrow back to visit brother and turn my attention to my mound of ironing.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Usual black coffee until around 2pm.
Tuna, h/m mayo, h/b egg, 2 cherry toms and a spiralised courgette. Followed by DGF choc brownie and cream.
Dinner was h/m burger with a Babybell cheese hidden in the middle! This is such a great idea - it went all melty and oozy. I would have taken a photo but my plate looked a mess by then. Salad with it drizzled with truffle oil ( I bought this to give as a Christmas present, but didn’t want to give it away in the end)
@annabell1 hugs for the struggle to get back in the lc zone. You’ve done it before so I’m positive you’ll do it again.
@Bex72 hurrah for your own space again and some peace and quiet, but hugs for the hangover.
My mum used to make kafta and would add a peice of cheese in the middle which I enjoyed... miss my Mums cooking and her creations mum doesn't cook now days since her accident but it has given me memories to try and make it one day thanks for the reminder

Breakfast 1 slice sourdough with butter and two pouched eggs 50g of the bread has 22g carbs minus 2.5g fibre my slice weighed 22g so it works out approximately 11g of carbs with breakfast.

Have some lamb cutlets and a small pork belly defrosted so planning to cook the pork in my air fryer any tips air fryer uses to cook the pork? I think will just grill lamb chops maybe both been defrosting in fridge for 2 days so will need to be cooked at least today or tomorrow.

Today at 3pm is my doctors memorial which will be boardcadsted via a video link his funeral was 2 weeks ago and due to covid19 only family and small gathering were able too attend although it was broadcasted for his family overseas it was a private gathering which I respected but very grateful they decided to hold a memorial today for his patients and others who were unable to attend the funeral as I hope it will give me and others closure. I've had people say he was my doctor so get a new one and not understand my grief but he was a big part in supporting me in my health and a beautiful person I think this memorial will help as I'm still griefing his lost.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya no no recipe I make a Mix of spices of equal amounts of each spice inc chilli flakes,turmeric,cumin,coriander, cinnamon, ginger,garlic and onion granules mix and keep in plastic box and the use about five teaspoons per curry for two of us. I cook some Mediterranean veg ( courgettes, a few onions, lots of peppers, and a few cherry tomatoes) about a handful in total in pan in olive oil add the mixed spices and then add chicken stock. I will add to slow cooker and then quickly brown the chicken pieces with skin on for flavour and add. Then slow cook all day tends to thicken up over time. I chop fresh Corriander and sprinkle on top. I’ve also used pastes in past but they can have some high carb counts and odd ingredients so went back to preparing my own mix.

Sounds absolutely delicious and I agree about the spice mix, far better to make your own and tailor it to your preference. I always go heavy on the cumin.
Fresh coriander has to be added at the table here, I love it but daughter can’t stand it. Apparently it’s a genetic thing where to some people, fresh coriander tastes like soap - she can spot the smallest amount in a wrap or sprinkled on a takeaway curry.

Reactions: mojo37 and maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wednesday 13 January - Bed 6.6 FBG 6. Catch up time again. Brother still holding his own and Home Schooling continues.

L. Nothing
D. Omelette 2 eggs with pancetta, mushrooms , tomato and cheese. Wilted spinach and a few veggie chips.

Thursday 14 January - Bed 6.3 FBG 6.2

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw (becoming a habit)
L. Nothing
D. Used my last pack of Lidl high protein noodles from the freezer with pork meatballs in a tomato and garlic sauce and parmesan. 1 truffle and a handful of cherries.

@shelley262- you must be so pleased that your Mum got her vaccine. Hope all goes well in the coming weeks. @Mrs T 123 - yes, that was just Royal Mail delivery. That's what I don't get since, as I said, you are just the other side of Edinburgh to me. There again it doesn't explain how my DGF orders seem to bunk in Peterborough unless (as @ianpspurs says) it is just Peterborough!
Yes I don't get it either - I had to pay £6.99 for mine to be delivered next day by dpd (which I find a lot more reliable than Royal Mail) but the next best delivery was £5.99 for goods to be despatched in 2-3 days and the £4.50 is for when they despatch the order in 4-5 days and then well there's Peterborough!

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and DGF cake.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding and chopped pecans.
Dinner Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, 2 small pancakes, one sesame prawn toast, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 1 slice slc bread with just butter. Mug of earl grey tea. 2 squares lindtt 90% with peanut butter on top.

Dinner - 2 slc cheeseburger rolls with a little burger relish and mushrooms & onions. Afters - lc trifle

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Yet again I’m way behind and haven’t read back through the posts yet.

Today was an OMAD day. Dinner was air fried boneless lamb leg, picked up for a bargain price in Morrison’s last weekend. Rubbed the generously fatty top with olive oil and rosemary and garlic salt, then air fried for 25 minutes. Meat was juicy, skin crispy. Wish I’d bought more - there were a number of small joints. Pic in carnivore corner.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
mid morning, a lc hot chocolate but made with a different brand of almond milk, a different brand of cocoa and a different sweetner. It wasn't nearly as nice as usual so have some detective work and testing to do

L. Portobello mushrooms baked with a chorizo, cheese and spring onion filling, with side salad

Made some crackling from pork skin to use as coating crums in the future.

Tums not been too good so may skip anything else today